Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 31, 2013 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright, so it's getting intense now and I'm looking the mood of this episode/tournament.

Uh I guess watching Chihaya wasn't as hopeful as I originally thought. She seems to be struggling a bit. Arata's blush spotted ;o

Guess it's being awhile since they last met huh. Anyways, I enjoyed the latest episode. Nice to see the other guys on Chihaya's team compete also. Regarding Arata, he sure made his points through. It's been awhile since I've watched him compete in single matches but that was brilliant. I hope he goes on to take on Shinobu in the future because that would be one hell of a match to see. 5/5.

May 31, 2013 10:28 AM
Dec 2012
Good, she was praised by him.
LOL@parents of Arata. I didn't imagine they were wishing him such a thing. Hahaha
Nikuman-kun did his best. It was beautiful.
May 31, 2013 12:27 PM

Jun 2012
After Nikuman lost and they bowed at each other, the pause created a a tense atmosphere. Couldn't help but feel for Nikuman when Arata asked if all Mizusawa players try that hard. Arata works hard too but also has talent he was just born with which is very hard for other people to overcome sadly.

Chihaya's first match had a lot of screenshot moments haha, her opponent tried her best but she'll be back next year!

Uh oh, Chihaya vs Shinobu GET HYPE

What I wish I could send to Arata as a postcard after seeing Chihaya still enthralled by him.....
HybridMBLMay 31, 2013 12:39 PM
May 31, 2013 12:34 PM
Dec 2010
Am i the only 1 who saw the last part 10 times?
May 31, 2013 12:35 PM

May 2010
very good episode. i lol'd at aratas parents ^^

oh crap.. chihaya vs queen!!!!
May 31, 2013 12:43 PM

May 2012
I don't know if it's just me but compared to the last many episodes this episode seemed kind of rushed. Great episode anyhow.

Arata has some great parents xD

And it looks like Chihaya is gonna get serious next ep; the bandages are off!
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
May 31, 2013 12:47 PM

Aug 2009
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Q____Q

THE REMATCH WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH Q___Q

ONE MORE WEEK OF WAITING IN MY LIFE FOR THIS AMAZING EPISODE COMING UP! CHIHAYA VS SHINOBU! IM SO EXCITED!! ; ______;

That match might last like 2-3 episodes.. lol

Gosh that ending... the tears, the hardwork of Nikuman-kun...the amaziness of Chihaya... that beautiful OST when she knows she got Shinobu and she takes off the bandage... juest beautiful T__T
Hybridbloodszak said:

OH MY GOD ROFLLLLLLL <3 <3 //saves pic
May 31, 2013 12:47 PM

Aug 2009
Its... its really hitting me now ;___; </3
Ever just watch an anime you truly truly love and know as you watch every new episode, your heart breaks on the inside knowing you are one week away from the ending? Every Friday I'm just the happiest in the world for every Chihayafuru episode I watch..

There's a difference between liking and enjoying a show than LOVING a show that makes you feel like sobbing every second of it and you just love it for everything it does Q__Q.. I really hope everyone one day will find an anime that is their #1 favorite that they hold dear to their heart and can feel the way I feel for Chihayafuru..

Its not everyday you find a show you find a true passion and love towards
To me its like a 1/1000 chance I'll find it...I just love Chihayafuru too much Q ~ Q <3

Kuroneko1415 said:
Am i the only 1 who saw the last part 10 times?

Don't worry! I did too! The osts added onto the part she is taking off her bandage was done perfectly! T___T
May 31, 2013 12:48 PM
May 2011
since I already knew who gonna win between chihaya vs queen...I still hope chihaya can make Queen is trouble unlike the last season...

I think now by seeing how far it progress, the end of this season gonna be only this final match...damn 25 eps sure not enough, we need season 3
May 31, 2013 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
lightXTC said:
I don't know if it's just me but compared to the last many episodes this episode seemed kind of rushed. Great episode anyhow.

Arata has some great parents xD

And it looks like Chihaya is gonna get serious next ep; the bandages are off!

what do you expect ? i don't think they are planning on season 3. i mean seeing how they already won team tournament this will probably be the last season. unless the author/makers want to troll us by having chihaya loose the single tournament, go train & and then own everybody at the next tournament. so we are at ep 21 of 25. not much time to cover ayase x queen & ayase x arata (assuming that we will get to see some mashima games ^^).

p.s: oh and i didn't read the manga. i only assume that chihaya will somehow win against queen cause otherwise no ayase x arata match
May 31, 2013 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
I'm not sure which was faster: Arata's moves or this episode

May 31, 2013 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
That moment when Chihaya saw she was playing against the Queen and took the bandages off her right hand even though it was meant for Arata got me so excited for next week ^_^
May 31, 2013 1:03 PM

May 2010
'Dem Arata/Chihaya moments <3

Oh gog, is Chihaya going to use her right hand to play Shinobu?! O_O;
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 31, 2013 1:19 PM

Jun 2011
T.T Oh god, the ending.

I was like "...She's gonna play Arata now, right? RIGHT?!" Then I see the name and the first words out of my mouth are "...Oh shit." XD
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
May 31, 2013 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
I was afraid the show would slow down once the team tournament was over. Looks like I was worried for nothing. Still going strong.
May 31, 2013 1:36 PM
Feb 2012
oh man oh man! next episode is gonna be good! i can't wait!!!

arata's parents, sooo funny.

hopefully we get to see taichi playing in these last four episodes.
May 31, 2013 1:48 PM
Aug 2012
Awesome episode everrrr!!! XD
watched Arata play after a long time...it would been better if Arata was paired with Chihaya. I wouldn't hate it if he would be d one to oust her, not shinobu.

but..m so happy Chihaya is going for the kill.....plz god let her win..PLZ PLZ
May 31, 2013 2:02 PM
Nov 2012
Dat episode.

The end of this season sounds epic... *_*
May 31, 2013 2:05 PM

Aug 2011
I love seeing Chihaya overcome her obstacles like this :)) But wow, I didn't see that coming...

Lol at Arata's parents... xD
May 31, 2013 2:08 PM

Mar 2012
Nishida playing Arata was frustrating, it's not fair for Nishida, to lose a lot
I feel for him
Arata is too strong >.< I hope his parents get their wish fulfilled

Chihaya's match was good, but hell
She's against the Queen and took of her bandage

We haven't heard a damn about Taichi, I want to see his match, we only know the others have won. I know the results though
May 31, 2013 2:09 PM

Nov 2012
That was crazy she made it to the top 8 with her left hand. I can't wait to see her play the queen, I wonder how much of a match she will be against the queen with an injured right hand?
May 31, 2013 2:11 PM

Nov 2012
xxanimeee said:
Nishida playing Arata was frustrating, it's not fair for Nishida, to lose a lot
I feel for him
Arata is too strong >.< I hope his parents get their wish fulfilled

Chihaya's match was good, but hell
She's against the Queen and took of her bandage

We haven't heard a damn about Taichi, I want to see his match, we only know the others have won. I know the results though

Man screw Nishada that's what he get's for losing when the team needed him most and hope Arata's parents DON'T get their wish fulfilled.
May 31, 2013 2:16 PM

Aug 2010
Kitaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Chihaya vs Shinobu!!! Can't wait!!! >_<

Though it's pretty obvious she's gonna lose but glad she did this well with her left hand and even learned a few stuff from it like seeing from left handed players perspective :)

I hope for a close match though! And Dat scene when she untied her bandage gave me goosebumps
So epic!

Loved that Arata finally watched her progress and how good she's become after all this time.

But Damn was he BA in his matches. Dat Speed!!! O_O
Nishida wasn't bad actually. He lost with what seems to be less than 10 card difference. So not that bad XD

Oh and lol'd so much at his parents XD

Anyway Totally hyped for nxt week >_<!!!
Barion-ZaraMay 31, 2013 3:03 PM
May 31, 2013 2:24 PM

Dec 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Kitaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Chihaya vs Shinobu!!! Can't wait!!! >_<
>_<!!!

Now it got serious.
May 31, 2013 2:24 PM

Dec 2009
The ending of this episode had me hype as hell.

But I really liked the match against the headband girl. I love whenever Chihaya is matched against someone with weird traits like her.
Ara ara.
May 31, 2013 2:34 PM
Jun 2007
It's fate guys.
May 31, 2013 2:35 PM

Feb 2008
I actually like to see Arata match very much when he sudden become all seriously.
He moved quick and pick two cards on the same time.
I don't know much about the rules for Karuta but it sure is fun to watch it all getting intense.
It's all good they rushing it all the way so we can get to see Arata vs shinobi match.
I don't really think that Ayase will have chance to beat her even with her right hand.
She will definitely hurt it even more now and take a big risk on injured.
Shinobi is not a opponent that you can defeat with an injure.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 31, 2013 2:37 PM

May 2013
Shame on Arata's parents for wanting him to lose lol.

Chihaya vs Shinobu next week. Looks like she has to use her right hand against her.
May 31, 2013 2:45 PM

Jul 2011
LOL the parents.

How did Chihaya manage Top 8?? She said herself she doesn't practice with her left hand!!

Well, I guess at least she gets to play the Queen, even though I really want to see Arata vs Chihaya.
May 31, 2013 2:57 PM

Jun 2009
Wow amazing episode!!
Oh Arata's parents. I don't think anything can break his determination.

And then there's the kick in the face at the end. I haven't read the manga, so i expect some tears next week
May 31, 2013 3:12 PM
Oct 2012
Man, this show gets me every time. I'm teary eyed over here. Hehe. I just love Chihaya's passion. And the moment she took off that wrap on her arm was just beautiful.

Also loved how she got a little girl crush against her first opponent. Hehe. Too cute. :3
May 31, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man, when Shinobu's name appeared under Chihaya's name. Shit got serious.
/takes off bandages.
/episode ends.
/rage.
PaulMay 31, 2013 3:39 PM
May 31, 2013 3:28 PM

Jan 2012
No Machima Taichi in this episode = not so good episode.
May 31, 2013 3:30 PM

Nov 2007
This ep. focusing on Chihaya first, then Nikuman-kun/Arata. Chihaya just realized how different the feeling it was between righthanded and lefthanded. lol @ her opponent. Arata's quick! Mirror pattern!

lol @ Arata's parents, they were praying for his loss/not go to Japan's university! Nikuman-kun needed to become serious to try to win. Wow, Chihaya vs. Queen next!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2013 3:30 PM
Jun 2009
when Arata complimented her karuta i blushed and started fangirling and I had to remind myself NO THAT'S NOT MY SHIP, STOP
I want Taichi, damn it!
And omg Chihaya I'm looking forward to this match than to that of her and Arata (ha, as if that'll to happen soon)
May 31, 2013 3:38 PM

Feb 2012
Holy fuck, Arata is fucking crazy. .___. I didn't know what he did was even legal.

D: @ Chihaya vs Queen. She won't get to play Arata.
May 31, 2013 4:09 PM

Feb 2012
Yea Chihaha is going to lose. Still, I'm sure she'll put up a much better fight than the first time they played each other.

I'm more interested in seeing Arata vs Shinobu. The way Arata played was crazy.
May 31, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
She made third round? Ok... Time for her to lose. The game should still be good though.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
May 31, 2013 4:12 PM

Oct 2012
HAHAHA Arata's parents were rooting for Nikuman-kun xD
Arata is in a whole different level....

Finally, time to get serious thought Chihaya, She was planning on playing with her left hand until facing Arata, but now.... the final showdown with the queen.
Great episode! It felt so short.

Can't wait to see Chihaya vs. Shinobu.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
May 31, 2013 4:16 PM

Nov 2008
A spectacular episode!

I thought Chihaya wet her pants when Arata complimented her. (LOL)

Poor Chihaya, she so badly wants to play Arata that she is throwing everything to the wind in order to try to get by Shinobu. But Shinobu also wants to play Arata so badly that she can taste him... <g>

Arata doesn't realize how lucky he is - two amazing women ready to kill each other over him!
May 31, 2013 4:26 PM

May 2011
I can't stress how much i love this series, I AM HYPED
May 31, 2013 4:51 PM
Oct 2012
I felt so bad for Komano that I wanted to cry.
May 31, 2013 5:14 PM

Jan 2012
The tournament is going great. All the matches were interesting. Can't wait for Chihaya vs Queen.

May 31, 2013 5:20 PM

Jan 2010
I'm really anxious for the next episode, rematch Chihaya vs Queen will be epic
May 31, 2013 5:49 PM

Aug 2011
Felt bad for Nikuman-kun. He didn't stand a chance against Arata. =/
Can't wait to see how long Chihaya is going to last against the Queen. Next week is going to be interesting!

It sucks that the show is going to end in 4 weeks. I've been enjoying it every week.
May 31, 2013 6:00 PM
Feb 2013
At the end when she took off her bandages, it made me want to say "Time to bring out the big guns!"
May 31, 2013 6:12 PM

May 2011
There are so many characters to love. Arata talking to Chihaya was so sweet. But the part I felt the most for was seeing Nikuman in action. Knowing defeat before from the same opponent and going for it with great passion still. I hope one day he really will be one of the tops.
May 31, 2013 6:49 PM

Nov 2007
This anime! My poor heart! Stop doing this to my heart! T_T

I really feel sorry for Taichi. I really hope he starts getting better. Chihaya is head-over-heels in love with Arata's karuta. The only way Taichi can get her attention is by becoming a better player.

I really don't know who to root for. I like both of them. And both makes a fascinating and adorable pair with Chihaya. I really don't know anymore.

Poor Nikuman. Man, it was so unfair to be drawn against Arata. I have a feeling Nikuman will get better, much better after this defeat. I am glad that it wasn't one sided. The way he never gave up made Arata realize that Mizusawa Karuta-bu is awesome!

Chihaya my love! She did great! But now she is up against Shinobu. And just when I was thinking she would finally get the chance to play Arata! So unfair. T_T

I think next episode will be Taichi's time to shine! He didn't have anything but flashbacks! Why didn't we get to know whether he won or not in the first round?! This anime will kill me in one of these weeks! T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2013 7:09 PM

May 2010
Oh thank god. Finally one good episode. No more flashbacks, fillers, or unnecessary drama; just straight out games. If it keeps this up I wouldn't mind having Arata back in the picture
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 31, 2013 7:19 PM

Dec 2007
What can you say? this episode was simply par excellence! Most of the previous posts expressed my sentiments on on the Chihaya v. Shinobu matchup. It's going to be an amazing final five episodes.

I take no favourites in the heated Taichi v. Arata debate, but I do think that this episode was particularly good in establishing that subtle, slightly awkward romance between Chihaya and Arata. Although it was only a 30 second scene, it was very impactive and really calls into question what has seemed like a practical "claim of right" for Taichi up until now.

Nothing would be better than a resolution in this romantic triangle, but I don't think we will see it animated. The odds of a third season are slim to none, unless someone can show me factual data suggesting otherwise (please please please do if you can!).

I think we need to steel ourselves that this season is not going to end conclusively. If we want a romantic conclusion, we will likely have to resort to the manga.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2013

93 by fathandz »»
Feb 5, 1:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.