Forum Settings
Forums

[Fixed] Anime/manga stats not updating | Days watched are incorrect

New
May 29, 2013 2:30 PM

Sep 2011

This issue is currently resolved.

Depending on how many users are currently updating their lists, the stats update can take a few minutes or a few hours. Please wait patiently, your stats will update eventually.

Anime will not count towards your Days while re-watching/reading, so it may at first appear like you've lost days (until you set the anime to completed again).

Please only bump this thread if you are sure your profile stats have not updated in 24 hours.
LunaJul 12, 2020 1:38 AM

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 29, 2013 3:37 PM

Jun 2008
It's just laggy.
May 29, 2013 3:48 PM
Jul 2012
This really need to update the stats.
May 29, 2013 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
Chibi-Alice said:
It's just laggy.

No I think it's not. I have this problem long ago.

May 29, 2013 3:56 PM
Aug 2012
There was something about a ghost-item, or whatever it was called.
But i can't recall the method as to how to remove it.

There's a thread about it, somewhere, though.
May 29, 2013 4:17 PM

Sep 2011
nnangle said:
There was something about a ghost-item, or whatever it was called.
But i can't recall the method as to how to remove it.

There's a thread about it, somewhere, though.

I know what you mean about that "ghost-item" and I had that problem on my PTW list before but I unknowingly fixed that.

Besides, my total entries display in my profile is 227 and I did manually count the number of entries in my anime list and it's really 227.

Something like a lag, since one entry in my watching list should be in my completed list on my anime stats, but it's not. If it is, then it should be fixed to begin with.
TennoujiMay 29, 2013 4:21 PM

May 29, 2013 4:18 PM
Aug 2012
Hm.. it's not that big of a deal though is it?
May 29, 2013 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
I know it's trivial but still I want it to be fixed.

May 29, 2013 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
I'm having the same problem here.
May 29, 2013 11:53 PM

Sep 2011
I just noticed that they fixed it but I have now a "ghost-entry". In my anime stats, it displays that I have 228 total entries but, as I count the number of entries on my anime list, I only have 227 total entries.

EDIT:

I noticed that in my anime stats, it displays I have 18 entries on my PTW but I only have 17 entries on my PTW list. :|
TennoujiMay 29, 2013 11:56 PM

May 30, 2013 3:03 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
We don't "fix" your stats manually and the lag that affects other areas of the site (forum posts, etc.) does not really affect your stats. But it does take some time for them to update because of the sheer number of users we have.

As for ghost entries, please see the Support Board Rules for how to fix this.
May 30, 2013 5:04 AM

Sep 2011
Okay thanks.

Anyway, I followed saka's instruction and "supposedly" it should be worked on mine but I always re-direct on this page:

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=var+untitled+%3D+%24('td.borderClass+%3E+strong%3Aempty').parent()%.........

(Encountering 414 error page)

My browser is Google Chrome and I don't have any other browser to try this out.

Mod Edit: Shortened link because it stretched the forum layout.
LunaMay 31, 2013 1:34 AM

May 30, 2013 7:02 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
You seem to have missed this part of the directions.

saka said:
For some reason, the code no longer works in Firefox 11 or 12. It does still work in Chrome, although you have to be careful to add the 'javascript:' back in at the front since Chrome removes it (for security reasons) when you paste.
May 30, 2013 7:43 AM

Feb 2013
My anime stats are also messed up.

My "watching" list is supposed to have only 1 anime title (instead of 2), since I just finished Rosario + Vampire a while ago, and my "completed" list is supposed to have 111 anime titles (instead of 110).

My "Plan to watch" list is supposed to have 95 anime titles, instead of 93 (since I added 2 more anime titles, Mawaru Penguindrum and Sakamichi no Apollon).

I tried removing the three animes from my list and added them back again; my stats are still unchanged.

(You could look at my anime list and anime stats to see for yourself.)

Suggestions to remedy this problem would be greatly appreciated. :)
"You might be able to do it if you try. But if you don’t try, you definitely can’t." - Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)
May 30, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2011
Kineta said:
You seem to have missed this part of the directions.

saka said:
For some reason, the code no longer works in Firefox 11 or 12. It does still work in Chrome, although you have to be careful to add the 'javascript:' back in at the front since Chrome removes it (for security reasons) when you paste.

Oh you're right. I didn't notice it really removes that 'javascript:'.

Anyway, it worked but in my anime stats, it still display 18 entries on my PTW. I tried to check if the ghost entry is still there but it's gone. Meaning, my anime stats is still unchanged(Though I wonder if the results appears immediately)...
TennoujiMay 30, 2013 7:47 AM

May 30, 2013 7:55 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Kineta said:
But it does take some time for them to update because of the sheer number of users we have.
You used the script ~10 minutes ago, Tennouji_, and you updated your list 2 hours ago, tsuyo_sama. I'm not too worried at this point that there's something wrong with the stats. If they haven't updated by tomorrow, then I think we have something to worry about. But the stats on your profile take time to match up with those in your list because of the sheer number of users we have. How much time it takes depends so I can't really predict how long it will take, but I'm confident they will update.
KinetaMay 30, 2013 8:00 AM
May 30, 2013 9:26 AM

Feb 2013
I hope that only is the case, Kineta, that it's just because of the sheer number of users that we have here.

Although I did update my manga list (that I finished long ago) after I updated my anime list a while ago(with the anime stats not getting updated), and the manga stats DID get updated just fine though.
"You might be able to do it if you try. But if you don’t try, you definitely can’t." - Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)
May 30, 2013 10:04 AM

Nov 2010
tsuyo_sama said:
I hope that only is the case, Kineta, that it's just because of the sheer number of users that we have here.

Although I did update my manga list (that I finished long ago) after I updated my anime list a while ago(with the anime stats not getting updated), and the manga stats DID get updated just fine though.
Less people read manga.
May 30, 2013 4:08 PM

Feb 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
tsuyo_sama said:

Less people read manga.

Is that so? I see.
And anyway, my problem must have been caused by the sheer number of users here as my anime stats are back to normal as I see it.
May 31, 2013 4:14 PM

May 2008
I have been adding animes to watch, but the numbers won't change. The Total Entries are always 1408.
May 31, 2013 5:34 PM

Jun 2011
I have similar problems with my stats... I don't know if this is because of the lag but they are not changing for almost two days already. I guess that I will wait some more but I hope it will be fixed soon.
May 31, 2013 5:40 PM

Oct 2011
Bjork said:
I have similar problems with my stats... I don't know if this is because of the lag but they are not changing for almost two days already. I guess that I will wait some more but I hope it will be fixed soon.

Yeah, same.

Maybe It'll be back to normal tomorrow.
May 31, 2013 5:42 PM
Jul 2012
Same with me.
May 31, 2013 5:57 PM
Mar 2013
Kineta said:
Kineta said:
But it does take some time for them to update because of the sheer number of users we have.
You used the script ~10 minutes ago, Tennouji_, and you updated your list 2 hours ago, tsuyo_sama. I'm not too worried at this point that there's something wrong with the stats. If they haven't updated by tomorrow, then I think we have something to worry about. But the stats on your profile take time to match up with those in your list because of the sheer number of users we have. How much time it takes depends so I can't really predict how long it will take, but I'm confident they will update.

I have been having a similar problem with my list. I have updated it a number of time over the passed few days however the actual stats have not updated for a while, at least a week I believe. Though I am prepared to wait a while longer to see if updates I do find it slightly concerning.
Jun 1, 2013 3:26 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
In the last 24 hours, the stats have indeed slowed to an absolute crawl with updating. Manga stats will likely take on the order of hours now and you may not see any anime stats changing at all. Other stats on the site (such as entry stats and Top Anime/Manga) may also be affected.

Xinil/Crave are aware of where this problem has come from and are looking into it. Unfortunately, since it's now a weekend, this will probably take at least a few days to be fixed. Please be patient and hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Jun 1, 2013 6:14 AM

May 2012
Kineta said:
In the last 24 hours, the stats have indeed slowed to an absolute crawl with updating. Manga stats will likely take on the order of hours now and you may not see any anime stats changing at all. Other stats on the site (such as entry stats and Top Anime/Manga) may also be affected.

Xinil/Crave are aware of where this problem has come from and are looking into it. Unfortunately, since it's now a weekend, this will probably take at least a few days to be fixed. Please be patient and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Thanks for the info :)
Jun 1, 2013 9:19 AM

Feb 2011
Kineta said:

So if we're in the weekend we don't take care of the community anymore. Seems legit.
Jun 1, 2013 10:33 AM
Jul 2010
Kineta said:

I wonder what will they disable next, since their concept for "fixing" things is to remove features from the site. Last time were the signature updating scripts, if I remember correctly. They hoped to have them re-enabled within "a few days" but here, "a few days" means "a few years", if ever.
Jun 1, 2013 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
I also have a problem with my manga list, the number 1,000 doesn't change even though I've added them manually and it should be 1,008.
So no matter what I add, it hasn't changed for days now :/

EDIT: Just saw that you're working on it, so hopefully it will be okay in a few days. :) Also, I think everyone deserves their weekend, so there's no need to be rude.
nneroJun 1, 2013 11:05 AM
So you say you're under a curse? So what? So's the whole damn world. - Jigo
Jun 1, 2013 2:10 PM
May 2013
Same thing is happening here. Most of the stats haven't updated since a couple of days ago.
Jun 1, 2013 11:01 PM

Feb 2013
Yuki-May said:
Same thing is happening here. Most of the stats haven't updated since a couple of days ago.

Same thing here. Before I updated my anime a while ago, I also updated it a couple of days ago. And when I looked a my anime stats today, it's still stuck to having 1 anime under "watching" (ewhich is supposed to be 2) and 95 animes under "Plan to Watch" (which is supposed to be 93). My "Completed" list has 111 anime titles, where in fact it should have 112.

And I thought my anime stats were already fixed. :(
Jun 2, 2013 4:36 AM

Dec 2012

Same thing here. Before I updated my anime a while ago, I also updated it a couple of days ago. And when I looked a my anime stats today, it's still stuck to having 1 anime under "watching" (ewhich is supposed to be 2) and 95 animes under "Plan to Watch" (which is supposed to be 93). My "Completed" list has 111 anime titles, where in fact it should have 112.

And I thought my anime stats were already fixed. :(
same with me :(
Jun 2, 2013 9:41 AM

Aug 2011
UnbornMVs said:
Kineta said:

So if we're in the weekend we don't take care of the community anymore. Seems legit.

There is one person who does almost all the work on this website. They get to have time off too. This isn't an "emergency!" the website has ceased working completely kind of issue. No need to be a dick.
Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it. - Chrono Cross
Jun 2, 2013 9:43 AM

Apr 2013
still bugged ><
Jun 2, 2013 10:12 AM

Mar 2013
My lists are frozen and have been a few days now, any suggestions?
Jun 2, 2013 10:15 AM

Nov 2010
Robbase231 said:
Maybe read the mod's post further up the page. He said it should be like that for a couple of days.
Jun 2, 2013 3:19 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Robbase231 said:
Maybe read the mod's post further up the page. He said it should be like that for a couple of days.

saw that after I posted, at least I have an answer.
Jun 2, 2013 3:30 PM

Jun 2008
Can't wait for this to be fixed. It's bugging me more then it should.
Jun 2, 2013 3:36 PM

Nov 2010
Chibi-Alice said:
I would rather like the sigs fixed. I don't pay attention to my stats, but I see my sig all over the forum.
Jun 2, 2013 4:03 PM

Mar 2013
Oh okay. I thought it was just me and it was getting annoying. It's not a huge deal, so I'm okay with waiting a bit for this to get fixed. Best of luck.
Jun 3, 2013 1:39 AM

Jan 2012
My anime list has been frozen for a while now. I have watched a few films recently but none were added to the amount of completed shows on my profile, even after days. I'm sure you guys are aware though and look forward to the site working again. It seems it's not just lists too, Kotonoha no Niwa has been stuck with just one 9 rating since release even though 1000s of people have watched/rated it now.
ReasonDesuJun 3, 2013 3:51 AM
Jun 3, 2013 7:47 AM

Jul 2011
My Anime Stats don't update anymore since I moved some series from Watching to On Hold, it was some days ago.
Jun 3, 2013 9:13 AM

Sep 2010
Chibi-Alice said:

Same here. It's really disturbing. Please fix that people, whomever is responsible.

I also checked some the mods' walls and it seems they already are aware. Hope it'll be handled in a few days.

Also, the top pages are the same. Even the number of people rating a show, for example.
Jun 3, 2013 9:33 AM

Feb 2012
It's been messed up for quite a while, I hope it gets fixed soon.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 3, 2013 1:12 PM

Dec 2012
I hope it is fixed soon ;_;
Jun 3, 2013 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
3nvy said:
545 manga on my list in stats. 601 in reality. I am on the verge of tears right now. My OCD can't even handle this shit.
same thing.. its bothering more than it should.
Jun 3, 2013 3:17 PM

Aug 2009
If anyone cares, Ialso have the bug (but probably no one cares)
Jun 3, 2013 3:20 PM

Nov 2010
mareczek65 said:
If anyone cares, Ialso have the bug (but probably no one cares)
Yes no one cares becuase it's a problem with the site. Nobody's stats are updating, not even an anime's.
Jun 3, 2013 3:22 PM

Feb 2013
i have the same problem!!! please fix it!
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Jun 3, 2013 4:35 PM

May 2012
glad to see i'm not the only one having this problem.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3380 by CosmicGirl08 »»
12 hours ago

» MAL SUPPORTER

AnimElef - Yesterday

0 by AnimElef »»
Yesterday, 11:24 AM

» A list of users who favorited a character

Shizuna - Apr 28

1 by eblf2013 »»
Apr 28, 3:29 PM

» Show international names in series discussion section

LoveYourEyes - Apr 28

0 by LoveYourEyes »»
Apr 28, 3:34 AM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

129 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 28, 2:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.