Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 28, 2013 3:59 PM

Jun 2009
Don't hate Sasha at all. Or any other character for that mater. But I do hate their fan bases. Yes I do XD

Actually I think this is the firs manga/anime where I like every character so far. Almost everyone has some kind of a back story and character development which is usually not the case in other shonen manga.
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
May 28, 2013 4:39 PM

Jan 2012
I just ignore her/don't pay attention to her...o.o
But it's not because I don't like her or anything~ ;)

May 28, 2013 7:41 PM
May 28, 2013 9:05 PM

Oct 2011
Hate? Potato Girl? Can those words even be used in the same sentence? I'm pretty sure there's a law against that.
May 29, 2013 3:19 AM

Jun 2011
Nope. Love potatoes.
Jun 9, 2013 1:11 PM

Jun 2012
Okay after episode 10. WHY did thy have such a dumb "comedy" moment during a dramatic scene? I thought it was JARRING, not funny.
Shoot first, think never.
Jun 9, 2013 1:20 PM

Jun 2011
But she's the best character...
Jun 9, 2013 1:22 PM

Jun 2013
i don't hate her why would i hate her? i want my potato dose every weekend man
Jun 9, 2013 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
I can't say that I hate her, but neither can I say that she's a great character. She's just "meh" for me. As for the comic relief, I think it's unfunny most of the time, and unfitting for this kind of show.
Jun 9, 2013 1:29 PM

Dec 2012
richardtengcy said:
Trust me....Sasha is important. Without her comic relief, the series will become too dark.
No such thing.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 9, 2013 1:29 PM

Feb 2013
Nope! She's a rock star.
Jun 9, 2013 1:35 PM

Dec 2012
Utsune said:
What? does that mean you'd hate on funny people if you lived in the world of Titans? Lol you're trying to deny the existence of funny characters just because it doesn't suit the world you desire...?
She's not funny, she's stupid. Just like the vast majority of comic relief characters. We laugh at her unrealistic stupidity, not her witty sense of humor.
Jun 9, 2013 1:36 PM

Apr 2009
I have to say, I prefer Ymir's version of comedic relief, though I'm sure most will disagree.
Jun 9, 2013 1:41 PM

Jun 2012
But it doesn't bring "comic relief". It barely makes a difference and it just seems out of place.

Amarrez said:
I have to say, I prefer Ymir's version of comedic relief, though I'm sure most will disagree.

I can't remember her in the anime, unless it was her who was sexually harassing some girl in one scene. Is she more prominent in the manga?
Shoot first, think never.
Jun 9, 2013 1:43 PM

Apr 2009
Open-Dice said:
Amarrez said:

I can't remember her in the anime, unless it was her who was sexually harassing some girl in one scene. Is she more prominent in the manga?

Technically speaking she hasn't been named in the anime yet, but yes it is the freckled girl who was "harassing" Christa.

You should remember them, since they're kind of important.
Jun 9, 2013 1:54 PM

Dec 2012
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37393

Inspired by this thread. Was going to be a Sasha hate club, but she doesn't deserve that kind of individual attention.
Jun 9, 2013 2:29 PM

Feb 2010
People...calm down. -___-

There's really no real reason there should be a hate club created for the purpose of...hating characters that don't really do any harm. Just let her love her potatoes, xD. I mean I totally agree that Sasha is really stupid, but there are people like that in animes just like there are in real life.

Don't tell me you haven't met someone stupid irl. Let's face it, the world's full of different kinds of people and one of them happens to be the kind of person Sasha is, I mean, I'd ask if you're hating her for "being herself" but yeah you're probably going to answer yes. My point...my point...yes, her ridiculous behavior seems pointless and annoying at times but it's not like it serves no purpose. Her stupid actions are part of who she is and if you remember her stealing meat and then justifying it by saying "we can always raise cattle when we regain the land"...that was used to show how hopeful people were. Pretty clever way of doing that instead of having a character randomly blurt out "I SUDDENLY FEEL HOPEFUL AGAIN!!" Now that would be stupid. I personally think that breaking the tension isn't so bad once in awhile.

Anyways, back to my point about characters that are deserving of hate clubs. Definitely reserved for bastards that are backstabbing pedophiles who take advantage of the feelings of others. Claude Faustus, Kuroshitsuji II.That disgusting demon...or even annoying high-pitched high school girls whose only purpose is to reveal their big butts and boobs all over the screen--fan service. I get shivers just thinking about it. Sasha isn't even close to what I described, I mean she may be one of the least developed characters so far and the way she acts may not really seem to match up with the mood of the show, but that doesn't mean she's always going to be this way.
EarlCielJun 9, 2013 3:03 PM
Jun 9, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2011
Red_Keys said:
SetsukoHara said:
I don't mind her, but her fanbase, that's another story.
Completely agree.

I don't understand, what do they do?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 9, 2013 2:52 PM

Aug 2011
GodlyKyon said:

Nothing.
Jun 9, 2013 2:57 PM

Dec 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Red_Keys said:
SetsukoHara said:
Completely agree.

Red Keys thinks the potato jokes are played out and were never all that funny. He's sort of right.

3nvy said:

Inspired by this thread. Was going to be a Sasha hate club, but she doesn't deserve that kind of individual attention.

Nvm. Club deleted. Too many characters too add. I don't have that kind of patience.
PolyphemusJun 9, 2013 3:05 PM
Jun 9, 2013 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
I love potato girl Sasha is awesome
Jun 9, 2013 3:14 PM
Oct 2011
I neither like her or dislike her. I have never laughed because of her or even felt any light-hearted feeling. So, I don't like her. However, she hasn't done anything to make me dislike her either. So I also don't dislike her.
Jun 9, 2013 3:36 PM
Dec 2012
Open-Dice said:
I don't think a comic relief character fits in this kind of anime at all.

During the scene with Potato girl and the Moe titan in episode 8, it just wasn't tense at all because it's obvious she's going to be protected by "comic relief" armor. It ruined the scene completely! I hope she gets chomped in the next episode or so.

But the entire anime and manga is a joke and nothing, but comic relief.
Jun 9, 2013 3:38 PM
Aug 2011
^ oh it's going to get hot in here
Jun 9, 2013 3:42 PM

Dec 2012
parfaited said:
^ oh it's going to get hot in here

brb discarding garments
Jun 9, 2013 3:47 PM

Mar 2011
You gotta try a little harder IloveDubs.
Jun 9, 2013 3:51 PM

May 2012
How dare you ILoveDubs, Attack on Titan is one of the best anime I have ever seen next to Angel Beats! of course. If you don't like it, why don't you just leave?
Jun 9, 2013 3:53 PM

Mar 2012
Fail troll thread is fail.
Jun 9, 2013 4:13 PM

Feb 2010
PoeticJustice said:
How dare you ILoveDubs, Attack on Titan is one of the best anime I have ever seen next to Angel Beats! of course. If you don't like it, why don't you just leave?

Dude, chill. You even typed out his name and you never considered the possibility that he was just...trollin'.
I mean...just think about it for a second. "Love" and "dub" are words that are forbidden from being in the same sentence at all.
Jun 9, 2013 4:17 PM

Dec 2009
I never hated her. And I don't think I ever will, why would I hate her?
I guess I could understand that you don't like her because she isn't too realistic as a person in this kind of intense anime but...

no, I think she's fine. There's always weird people like her in this world, so she's realistic.
Well... she's not even weird or anything.

She just had a funny first impression. I don't know but I don't see it the same way you do.
Jun 9, 2013 4:19 PM

May 2012
EarlCiel said:
PoeticJustice said:

Dude, chill. You even typed out his name and you never considered the possibility that he was just...trollin'.
I mean...just think about it for a second. "Love" and "dub" are words that are forbidden from being in the same sentence at all.

Sorry....I just get emotional when people make fun of my favorite anime. *Wipes off tears*
Jun 9, 2013 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
PoeticJustice said:

Lel. I honestly didn't realize you were kidding until I noticed the avatar/name/sig/that it was you. Sad when you can't tell the difference between parody and reality.

Poe(eticjustice)'s law>>>>>>>

IloveDubs is OP username btw. Even if dude needs to work on subtlety.
Jun 9, 2013 4:23 PM
Aug 2011
lol some people can't grasp an once of sarcasm
Jun 9, 2013 4:28 PM

Feb 2010
PoeticJustice said:
EarlCiel said:
PoeticJustice said:

Sorry....I just get emotional when people make fun of my favorite anime. *Wipes off tears*

*pats head* Don't apologize! xD It's fine to get emotional about things that you really like. The internet is a strange place. One does not simply grasp everything about it just like that. Even I took awhile to understood sarcasm since it's really kind of hard to detect it through just reading words, but after awhile it's painfully obvious.

That username was just a dead giveaway, haha. Dubs. I'm still laughing.
Jun 9, 2013 4:36 PM

Jun 2011
EarlCiel said:
PoeticJustice said:
EarlCiel said:
PoeticJustice said:

*pats head* Don't apologize! xD It's fine to get emotional about things that you really like. The internet is a strange place. One does not simply grasp everything about it just like that. Even I took awhile to understood sarcasm since it's really kind of hard to detect it through just reading words, but after awhile it's painfully obvious.

Jun 9, 2013 4:44 PM
Aug 2011
hehehehe right over their head
Jun 9, 2013 7:02 PM
Jan 2012
I'm really not that good at being a critic but i think Sasha is a cool character though i wasn't really expecting her to get deeply affected by fear idk i think it's just me. It kinda annoys me lol. BUT YEAH SHE IS A COOL CHARACTER. Like someone said, the series would be a bit dull
Jun 9, 2013 7:28 PM

Jan 2010
She only gets about one line per episode so it's hard to hate her. But at this point, I can't really say that I like her much. There's been a total absence of development for her so it's hard to feel strongly about her.

Having said that, I don't mind comic relief, per se, but I think she is providing lousy comic relief. Whenever she speaks, I can't help but hear Yokoshima-sensei from Yakuindomo. Doesn't really work well here.
Jun 9, 2013 7:43 PM

Jan 2013
OP just mad cuz his potato wasn't boiled...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 9, 2013 8:03 PM

Oct 2011
I don't hate her.In fact,I don't care much for her.I don't see why others love her as much as they do,don't really need to or care.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jun 9, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
3nvy said:
GodlyKyon said:
Red_Keys said:
SetsukoHara said:
Completely agree.

Red Keys thinks the potato jokes are played out and were never all that funny. He's sort of right.

3nvy said:

Nvm. Club deleted. Too many characters too add. I don't have that kind of patience.
Sasha is cute alright... Bur I don't see whats up with the potato trend either

Also, notice how the trend of useless threads has shifted to "Am I the only one" to
"Anyone else...?"
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 9, 2013 9:31 PM

Sep 2011
She's put in the show for comical relief. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Jun 10, 2013 4:49 AM

Aug 2012
How can you hate this?!?
GhostonyJun 10, 2013 4:53 AM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 10, 2013 4:51 AM

Jan 2013
This thread is taking it too far.
Jun 10, 2013 4:53 AM

Apr 2010
Ghostony said:
How can you hate this?!?

Yandere is bestdere.

Mod Edit: Fixed link.
LunaJun 10, 2013 5:28 AM
Jun 10, 2013 5:00 AM

Jan 2013
antonn said:
Ghostony said:
How can you hate this?!?

Yandere is bestdere.

DereDere emphatically agrees.

Kuudere doesn't care either way.

Tsundere calls you a b-b-baka and runs away.

Mod Edit: Fixed link.
LunaJun 10, 2013 5:29 AM
Jun 10, 2013 5:02 AM

Feb 2012
ForgoneReality said:
EarlCiel said:
PoeticJustice said:
EarlCiel said:
PoeticJustice said:

Aw man I got a good laugh out of that one.
Jun 10, 2013 5:05 AM

Jan 2013
The Dub of Hellsing Ultimate is watchable and the Subbed version is crap.
Jun 10, 2013 5:18 AM
Jun 2013
Replying to OP, I love her because of her comic relief. The potato eating was pure genius and I LOLd the whole way through. LOL
yoloswag420blazeitfgt
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.