Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 22, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2010
The part with the asauchi bowing to ichigo was cool, but could have used some explanation as to why they except him all of a sudden. The whole process of ichigo and renji's training in that room was left very vague.....whatever, on to the next palace.

I hope the quincies will still be able to put up a good fight in the up coming battle. I really don't want all this build up to lead to a string of one sided battles....
May 22, 2013 11:10 AM
Mar 2010
Looks like Ichigo is going to have a zanpakuto again. That asauchi have a hollow like appearance.

Guess Hitsugaya will rely on swordsmanship from now on.

Hisagi having bankai, I don't know if it was mentioned before.

Komamura visiting someone, a giant dog?
May 22, 2013 11:31 AM

Feb 2013
AWW Hitsugaya shows up again <3

And lol what I have no idea what's going on T-T
May 22, 2013 12:04 PM

Jun 2010
Looks like Captain Doggy will finally have some use in the near future.
May 22, 2013 12:45 PM
Oct 2010
a wild stoutland appears
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 22, 2013 12:45 PM
May 2013
finally! Squad 0 time! Before that, we were at past about Isshin.
now, Renji? where is he?
next...is Kenpachi...and Quincy...it is going to be long arc. yeah!
May 22, 2013 12:46 PM

Jan 2011
humza said:
I wonder if the personality of zangetsu will be lost. The original one. He did cry when ichigo learned the final getsuga tenshou and told him that this meant goodbye.

Yeah I know what you mean but since Ichigo chose Asauchi that was a Hollow, I cant help but think that Zangetsu will be changed on the outside but still have the same personality. I had always wanted the old man to re-appear but it seems to have been absorbed with the Hollow so I guess now we have to assume the hollow-like zangetsu will turn up :)
May 22, 2013 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
not a bad chapter, at least we see other characters in this chapter. finally the flashback chapters ended
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
May 22, 2013 2:45 PM

Jan 2012
cool chapter,the ending may come soon o.0
May 22, 2013 4:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Arashi89 said:
This chapter would be pretty good, if only Kubo didn't insist again with Ichigo's mary-sueness. Oh look, all the asauchi are bowing to him! He's so heroic! So perfect! Wow.

Yeah I thought it was actually kind of cheesy :/ The scene is drawn nicely but it would've had more on an impact on me if I knew why they were bowing to him (besides maybe the fact that he's found his resolve or something?). Best part of this chapter was Toshiro :D I love how realistic he is, realizing that he needs to start from the basics again since there's no way (at least at the moment) for him to get back his bankai. Because of his determination to practice, the other people around him became motivated too.
May 22, 2013 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
Oh man that was epic, say what you will about Bleach but damn this chapter was so good. Love all the new developments, its like Kubo was asleep at the wheel for the past 3 months then he suddenly woke up.
May 22, 2013 11:47 PM
May 2013
PhoenixIce said:
Lemme guess, all the vice captains can actually Bankai but we got trolled

They probably wanted to get stronger since they couldn't do shit about Aizen.
May 23, 2013 4:02 AM

Mar 2013
I think a lot of people (or just me) misunderstood the "show me your bankai" statement. I think Kensei suspects Hisagi is capable of 'waking up' his Bankai and learning to use it, I don't think he just has one stored up. Nor do I think all the other lieutenants have it either, that would be just... thick.

The giant dog was a pretty sick looking thing. I do hope it doesn't mean YET ANOTHER fighter on the Soul Society's side though... I mean... well, it seems like the odds are just stacking right up against the Quincies. Sure, Juha Bach and his henchmen are pretty damned powerful. They can also take Bankais (unless you happen to be Ichigo). But now we've got the 13 Divisions + 0 Division (apparently stronger than everybody in the 13 combined) + Kukkaku, Ganju and the Fullbringers + Grimmjow, Urahara, Orihime and Chad + the Visoreds and Yoruichi, wherever they happen to be right now.
And a bunch of the Sternritter are already dead already, mostly thanks to Kenny and Yamamoto.
May 23, 2013 5:00 AM

Jul 2007
madkat9 said:
Arashi89 said:
This chapter would be pretty good, if only Kubo didn't insist again with Ichigo's mary-sueness. Oh look, all the asauchi are bowing to him! He's so heroic! So perfect! Wow.

Ichigo is just badass like that.

^THIS.

People need to realize that characters showcasing strength =/= mary sue.

If there's ANYTHING Bleach managed to do perfectly its to showcase Ichigo's flaws as human being. Anyone calling him a mary sue frankly has no idea what that word means.
May 23, 2013 5:05 AM
エクスカリバアアアア
Oct 2011
Fai said:
madkat9 said:
Arashi89 said:

^THIS.

If there's ANYTHING Bleach managed to do perfectly its to showcase Ichigo's flaws as human being. Anyone calling him a mary sue frankly has no idea what that word means.

You're so right. Ichigo may be the one with the greatest potential, but he cannot use all his power in every situation. During the fight with Aizen he was manipulated by Aizen and Gin often enough to see that Ichigo may be strong, but he's still immature and weak against mind games.
May 23, 2013 6:04 AM

Jul 2011
I think it's the first time Nimaiya Oestu saw a asauchi to bow down in front of a shinigami.

The question is if the Ichigo's zanpakuto will be like a katana or in a shikaï shape...
May 23, 2013 6:17 AM

Feb 2010
Well I prefer Ichigo 'power ups' than Captain/vice captain being able to defeat Sternritters by mere 'cold weapons'.

And bankais -> they may be able to 'do' bankai, but it doesn't mean that they are good in it. I think it takes 10 years to master it.

@Scrodulus
Quantity doesn't mean quality. They don't need big number of people to fight but they need few strong enough.

And I still don't get this asauchi stuffs.
May 23, 2013 7:29 AM

Jul 2011
Scrodulus said:
I think a lot of people (or just me) misunderstood the "show me your bankai" statement. I think Kensei suspects Hisagi is capable of 'waking up' his Bankai and learning to use it, I don't think he just has one stored up. Nor do I think all the other lieutenants have it either, that would be just... thick.

I very disagree : learning of the bankaï and the shikaï and the powers from them are things that are done only between the shinigami and his zanpakuto. So Hisagi already has his bankaï. Kensei just wants to see the level of Hisagi's bankaï.

It's amazing to see Mashiro to use her punches.
I wonder what happened to Hyori and Lisa....
May 23, 2013 8:29 AM

Dec 2008
Alright chapter. That whole bowing thing though...Meh. Seeing Hitsugaya again made me happy. But honestly, not that excited for the things yet to come.
May 23, 2013 9:25 AM

Dec 2007
Oh my, another member of RG turned out to be pretty nice guy. What was with them being "obviously evil"? :D
Good chapter - liked the spotlight for the less popular characters(except Hitsu x) finally Komamura's background, so I guess the charts will go down even further.

May 23, 2013 11:20 AM

May 2011
Ichigo's disposition made the enemies he fought for days bow down to him... it's good to say that he's back! If he didn't at least do that, what would Aizen say to him when he comes back right?

Nice to see some swordsmanship training with Toushiro, it should be mandatory for every captain though.

Hisagi with BANKAI? Hell yes. I can't wait to see it, his shikai release was already so badass.

Also... that final panel... Komamura! Looking forward to a brief explanation on what species they are.

5/5
May 23, 2013 3:18 PM

Aug 2009
Scrodulus said:

I believe Shuuhei achieved bankai somewhere during the 17 month timeskip, could have been a motivation to get over Tousen's death. He clearly still hangs on to the lesson "fear the sword" and the bankai of Kazeshini must be something he finds truly horrifying and is too afraid to use it. This is the barrier Kensei will use force to break and beat some sense into Shuuhei. The training is harsh, but that's how the Vizard rule, even they overcame their own fear when dealing with the hollow side.
May 24, 2013 1:40 AM

Nov 2011
So glorious.

Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 24, 2013 10:32 AM

Sep 2012
It was good seeing Mashiro again.

Gosh Hitsuguya has dedication. Boy worked so hard for that sick bankai, hope he gets it back.
May 24, 2013 11:01 AM

Dec 2009
Hisagi's bankai. FINALLY.

May 24, 2013 12:21 PM
Mar 2009
What. Why did the Asauchi Ichigo chose have a hollow mask? What's more, it was eerily similar to the one he used to have. Return of Hollow Ichigo?!? YES.

Shuuhei's Bankai? I'm expecting a ridiculous looking scythe but we'll see.

Wow, Komamura history. Didn't think he'd ever get anything.
May 25, 2013 6:50 AM
Apr 2012
I'm not sure why I never questioned Komamura's origins before...
Just give me a hammer, a tractor tire and a frozen bag of peas and watch me destroy the world...
May 25, 2013 10:00 AM
Mar 2012
Shuuhei's looking sexy.

lindsayzzz said:
Hisagi Shuuhei has a bankai? WTF since when?! It was probably mentioned a while back and I simply forgot about it but still... I'm so excited to see his bankai now. His shikai alone, Kazeshini, is too awesome. :D
It was never mentioned or shown. I wouldn't be too surprised however, considering how he doesn't even like to bring out his shikai.
May 27, 2013 4:55 AM

May 2012
Fai said:
madkat9 said:
Arashi89 said:

^THIS.

I agree... but then again people call Goku the perfect mary sue lmfao... Guy might be the strongest in DB universe now that he's a god but he dies and gets his ass kicked so many times.

I guess crap like that is just 'in' these days so people call anything a troll or a mary sue or plot protected,nakamainfused etc

Not to mention that people seem to forget... Soul King looks like he wants something from Ichigo, ofcourse these bitches should bow down before him.
Jun 4, 2013 11:23 PM

May 2012
Kamen Death Hollow!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 25, 2013 4:14 AM

Jul 2009
I've got a lot of respect for toshiro now

...I'd 69 hisagi XP
Jun 28, 2013 2:18 PM

Jul 2009
Hisagi knows how to use bankai? Interesting.
Oct 10, 2013 5:08 AM

Jun 2011
Whoa cool. Ichigo getting new zanpakuto, Komamura meeting someone/something, his dad? It's ear was cut off though.

I don't like how Hisagi is still holding Tousen of high regard, just forget dem traitors already retards! If the woman Toshirou had feelings for still likes Aizen, Imma flip and shit on it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 24, 2014 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
I liked how Toshiro didn't give a damn about his bankai.

Jun 8, 2017 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, that's a big dog.
Oct 30, 2022 6:17 AM
Oct 2020
Ok so everyone is training cool
Jul 27, 2023 1:33 AM
Aug 2022
Rexnihilo said:
Ok so everyone is training cool

Is it just me or did ichigo disappear right in front of ikumi?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.