Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
May 22, 2013 12:28 PM

Jul 2008
Pusswookie said:
Nickienator said:
"This person doesn't have the exact same shit taste/opinion as me, he must be a troll. Only people loving this overrated shonen are serious and can make a post about how great it is without being attacked."

You're clearly misinterpreting our responses [or at least mine, I suppose].

I'm obviously not lol.

May 22, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 2011
Nickienator said:
Pusswookie said:
Nickienator said:
"This person doesn't have the exact same shit taste/opinion as me, he must be a troll. Only people loving this overrated shonen are serious and can make a post about how great it is without being attacked."

I'm obviously not lol.

Ok
May 22, 2013 12:46 PM

Nov 2010
pralan said:
Nickienator said:
Pusswookie said:
Nickienator said:

I'm obviously not lol.

Ok
Ok
May 22, 2013 12:53 PM

Apr 2010
Nickienator said:

May 22, 2013 12:58 PM

Apr 2008
antonn said:
Nickienator said:

Oh Dayum. Pusswookie has competition now
May 22, 2013 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
Mikasa's strength is unparalleled. She obviously was reckless in heading out after hearing of Eren's death and even gave up afterward. It's amazing how she still had the will to fight after all of that. Eren really is what she needs to keep fighting.

I wonder what this new titan is about. Hopefully none of the other members will accidentally kill it since it's helping them out. This is an incredible series so far!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 22, 2013 1:37 PM

Dec 2008
Is Eren not dead? Has he possessed the body of a Titan somehow? If so, that Titan form of his is kinda sexy! ;-)

Sent with Mal Updater
May 22, 2013 1:51 PM

Aug 2008
I was looking at that red thing and I was like wth is that. Organs?
Somebody said it's a pomegranate a few pages back. ahhhh I see.
would you stop adding stuffs which I don't understand that's not in the manga kthxbye :P
Also the animation quality has dropped somewhat. Their movement looks disjointed at times.
No big deal though. Can't wait for the next episode~ :D
May 22, 2013 2:19 PM

Sep 2011
darkerealm said:
I was looking at that red thing and I was like wth is that. Organs?
Somebody said it's a pomegranate a few pages back. ahhhh I see.
would you stop adding stuffs which I don't understand that's not in the manga kthxbye :P
Also the animation quality has dropped somewhat. Their movement looks disjointed at times.
No big deal though. Can't wait for the next episode~ :D

I have no idea how the funding is handled... But if a series is popular after the first episode, wouldn't you fund the committee that manages it MORE so that it would have better quality?

I am starting to think that people would have a different attitude towards Armin if he was a girl instead.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 22, 2013 4:01 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't have huge expectations regarding this anime. To tell the truth, i didn't have any expectations at all. I was just in the right mood to see a new anime -after a long while in which I haven't seen any at all... when raining and thundering and trying to scare myself with the lights turned off, I found myself watching this anime. And, as a matter of fact, i think it was a good choice.
So to say, I like it.

I don't think it to be necessarily original and I believe the graphics to be rather common (that doesn't make it bad, of course). But I suppose the characters are well structured, as well as the plot and the action in itself. Yes, i do love the story, no doubt in that (and the violence, the fury, the resemblance to what humanity really means). I see in this anime more than a plot, than a nice anime to watch in a Wednesday evening after you had a rough day. After the first episode, I thought to myself that those walls could be our planet, as well as anything else... it's a great metaphor, why not... all those ideas, I didn't suppose they are put in there randomly, I like to believe they are thought to make us think a little about it. That's what I find challenging in this anime...

_
regarding only episode 7... I will confess that I really loved it - I expected something like that to happen ( I am not reading the manga, so I can still say I like the anime and blah blah blah). The point is, it has classic ideas -things that usually happens in these sort of animes, but that is not necessarily bad, it's just the social-anime-impact-symbol which goes on and on and on in productions. Happens in all arts... that is not the main point here, but the fact that the episode wasn't bad : wasn't fabulous either, but I like these come backs, when one of the main characters realizes she or he was wrong in giving up and then fiiling herself o or himself with new powers to boom boom boom. It entertains me, and this is a reason solely based on pleasure. Oh, how human I am.

About the new ”abnormal” titan, i have my doubts and my explanations, I am trying to avoid spoilers and I will wait -patiently- for the new episode to come out.
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
May 22, 2013 10:12 PM

Mar 2013
Nickienator said:
Pusswookie said:
Nickienator said:

I'm obviously not lol.

No, you see, I think you're viewing us like this,

When in reality, it's really just everyone going,

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
May 22, 2013 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
darkerealm
[s said:

Sooooooo 2deep4u? That was pretty good. Nice foreshadowing and symbolism. I have to wonder why a half-eaten pomegranate is randomly on the street anyway, but whatever.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
May 23, 2013 12:02 AM

Nov 2007
So many emotions in this episode, best one yet.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 23, 2013 1:36 AM

Apr 2008
3nvy said:
darkerealm
[s said:

Sooooooo 2deep4u? That was pretty good. Nice foreshadowing and symbolism. I have to wonder why a half-eaten pomegranate is randomly on the street anyway, but whatever.

It fell out of the market stand Mikasa landed on to begin with
May 23, 2013 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
Same here. Heard of the anime yesterday through a friend, marathoned the first 7 episodes in 2-3 hours, getting goosebumps & all. What an amazing thrill, but as always, couldn't keep the temptations & my curiosity in check and ended up spoiling myself/looking at the manga & reading the Wiki

DO NOT spoil yourself if you can help it. You'll be in a for a MUCH better experience. I feel underwhelmed now & lost a huge amount of interest in the series since I know what will happen.

I think 50% of the people that picked up this anime pretty much spoiled themselves already.
May 23, 2013 8:23 AM

Jan 2012
The posts like the 2 above always make me giggle. Just read the manga or wait for the anime, why you would go to a wiki if you haven't done either is beyond me, are some people really that compulsive hehe? I read the manga just to avoid getting spoiled by the rabid fans here and the anime is far from disappointing, the manga does the story well but has terribad art. Seeing it with quality art and animation is well worth it.
May 23, 2013 8:36 AM

Mar 2012
ReasonDesu said:
Just read the manga or wait for the anime, why you would go to a wiki if you haven't done either is beyond me, are some people really that compulsive hehe?

Lack of time & that massive urge to know what will happen next :$

Anyway, I couldn't resist the temptation & spoiled myself, may marathon the rest of the episodes once the anime concludes. Wish I hadn't spoiled myself though, as the anime experience would've been much better -> just my 2 cents & advice to everyone else who's thinking about spoiling themselves who haven't read the manga yet.

Also, avoid the forums if you can.
May 23, 2013 3:37 PM
May 2012
Does anyone know the name of the song that plays at the end of the episode right before the credits? I really like the soundtrack.
May 23, 2013 3:43 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
skyline07 said:
Does anyone know the name of the song that plays at the end of the episode right before the credits? I really like the soundtrack.

I like it too :D but we're not going to know the name of the song until the OST comes out on June 28th, unfortunately.
May 23, 2013 3:55 PM
May 2012
tingy said:
skyline07 said:

I like it too :D but we're not going to know the name of the song until the OST comes out on June 28th, unfortunately.

awwww ok thanks anyways ;D
May 23, 2013 5:28 PM

Mar 2012
I'll take liberty of keeping track of the fan's ratings for each episode here based on the poll's data.

5 out of 5: Loved it! = 100%
4 out of 5: Liked it = 75%
3 out of 5: It was OK = 50%
2 out of 5: Disliked it = 25%
1 out of 5: Hated it = 0%

Weighed ratings of the episodes so far:

Data up to date as of May 24th, 2013 UTC 00:00+
May 23, 2013 7:27 PM

May 2013
3nvy said:
darkerealm
[s said:

Several posters have already mentioned the pomegranate symbolises suffering and resurrection, which is very fitting. Even if you didn't think of that, when Mikasa talks about how the world was cruel but beautiful, with the danger of the titan as cruelty, the beauty is shown in the pomegranate and the memory of Eren. The way the light shone on the cut section of the fruit and made it glisten like a jewel was beautiful.

Anyway, for those of you who never seen a pomegranate before, looks like anime has shown you something new. :P
May 23, 2013 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome episode, It will be interesting to see if it keeps this up.
May 24, 2013 4:39 AM

Oct 2012
Favourite episode so far!

Titan bashing up another Titan, hm, I guess I know what is going on, and who the Titan really is...

5/5
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
May 24, 2013 9:35 AM

Dec 2012
An awesome titan who seems to be a good guy... awesome

This anime has never failed to amaze me

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

May 24, 2013 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
Dem bangs, using that Head&Shoulders shampoo.
CabronMay 24, 2013 4:19 PM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 24, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
omg.. what.. awesome.
May 24, 2013 12:29 PM

Sep 2011
hajimata said:
I'll take liberty of keeping track of the fan's ratings for each episode here based on the poll's data.

Thats fucking amaing
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 24, 2013 4:14 PM

May 2013
Finally decided to give in and watch this series.
I ended up watching all seven episodes that have been released so far, and I will have a hard time waiting for the next episode too damn exciting!
May 24, 2013 5:37 PM

Aug 2009
TITAN PUUUNCH!!
May 24, 2013 5:54 PM

Oct 2012
hajimata said:

wow, even the training arc didn't get below 90%

Now that's something
May 24, 2013 9:31 PM

Sep 2007
oh gawd I just finished marathoning this series from ep 2 myself.

NEXT EP WHERE WHEN??

lol at the titans roaring at each other.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 24, 2013 9:38 PM

Nov 2010
Ikano said:
oh gawd I just finished marathoning this series from ep 2 myself.

NEXT EP WHERE WHEN??

lol at the titans roaring at each other.
Tomorrow
May 24, 2013 9:48 PM

Jun 2012
My friends and I now pronounce Shingeki no Kyojin, "Kingeki ko kyokin"
Why this random comment? Why not?!
Now go away.

EDIT: Just noticed, that i have not talked about this. But i already know what happens so....
May 25, 2013 3:27 AM
Nov 2012
spoiler concerning how the fight goes between Boxing Titan vs Flesh and armored titan.

May 25, 2013 3:47 AM

Sep 2012
TheLilyanna said:
My friends and I now pronounce Shingeki no Kyojin, "Kingeki ko kyokin"
Why this random comment? Why not?!
Now go away.

EDIT: Just noticed, that i have not talked about this. But i already know what happens so....

Brilliant, you just gave me soft and humble smile. *goes away*

----

RAW in about 7 hours. Please, build a time machine for me.
SawahiroMay 25, 2013 4:02 AM
May 25, 2013 7:26 AM

Apr 2009
The battle of Trost rages on. Humans still take heavy casualties, but unlike 5 years ago this time Titans have casualties too (most to Mikasa's credit). Just as the ace of the cadets reach the end of her ropes, help comes from an unexpected source: another Titan seemingly hunting other Titans. A strange, yet spectacular sight.

Oh yeah, and that red, round thing turned out to be a fruit... a pomegranate... I thought it was a random piece of gore getting some unusual closeup shots at first.

Finally noticed details I missed when I first read these parts in the manga. Should have noticed those warning signs, but then hindsight is 20/20. Taking those subtle details into account - seeing these events unfold again from a more informed perspective should be interesting.

As it is with animation, the presence of motion, color and especially sound makes the experience of seeing the same story again, but in a different format, all the better.
May 25, 2013 7:35 AM
Nov 2012
Ikuinen said:
spoiler concerning how the fight goes between Boxing Titan vs Flesh and armored titan.

this is stupid
May 25, 2013 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
ibrahim-almulhim said:
Ikuinen said:

this is stupid

we meet again, ibrahim
May 26, 2013 1:49 AM
May 2013
SO EPIC..
I go crazy for him. It's just amazing. And the music .. such a great thing..

I can't wait the next episode.. ; D
May 26, 2013 7:19 PM

Jun 2011
Wow~
This episode is so epic. And I especially love the soundtracks played and Mikasa regaining her resolve.
「Icon credit to Milady666 ♡」
May 26, 2013 10:30 PM

Jul 2008
HA HA! That was animated beautifully!!!! Couldn't have asked for anything more.
May 27, 2013 9:14 AM

Mar 2008
Amarrez said:

Man, Petra is so cu-

Aurou what the FUCK are you doing

That petit body... all smashed in the dirty...
May 30, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2008
Mikasa ;-;

edit
OH WAIT THE ENDING THAT'S..
ChitaiMay 30, 2013 7:56 AM
May 30, 2013 9:23 PM

Feb 2010
That moment when Mikasa decks the titan going full speed...combined with the animation and music....one of the most breathtakingly awesome things I've ever seen.
Jun 3, 2013 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
What an awesome Episode, the athletic titan was so epic :o
Jun 3, 2013 1:16 PM

Dec 2012
Goatee said:
That moment when Mikasa decks the titan going full speed...combined with the animation and music....one of the most breathtakingly awesome things I've ever seen.

The animation of SnK is so inconsistent though. It's got great shit like that, then it's got stills.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 4, 2013 7:13 AM

Oct 2011
So awesome, the new Titan is really interesting. Loved the music in this episode as well.
Jun 3, 2013 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
What an awesome Episode, the athletic titan was so epic :o
Jun 6, 2013 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
What was the dimaond/crystal thing after Mikasa chopped off the Titan's finger? Was that part of the Titan?

Also, are they called Titans or Eotens?
Pages (20) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.