Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 19, 2013 5:57 PM

Oct 2012
"Kasuga, are you hiding anything from me?"

"I, I, I, I, I, I... " Beads of sweat roll down his face. "I... I am not... I'm not hiding anything, I swear!"

"Okay Kasuga, I believe you."

I'm starting to think Aku no Hana is a big prank or joke, where all of the main characters are in fact masochists that derive sexual pleasure from deliberately choosing the worst possible outcome from every decision. There's going to be a big Elfen Lied-esque twist at the end that shows that Kasuga and Nakamura were actually separated twins that fucked each other at a mental hospital before they were both adopted by different families and ended up at the same school.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 19, 2013 6:00 PM

Jul 2011
Love the ending!
May 19, 2013 6:04 PM

Mar 2013
katsucats said:
"Kasuga, are you hiding anything from me?"

"I, I, I, I, I, I... " Beads of sweat roll down his face. "I... I am not... I'm not hiding anything, I swear!"

"Okay Kasuga, I believe you."

I'm starting to think Aku no Hana is a big prank or joke, where all of the main characters are in fact masochists that derive sexual pleasure from deliberately choosing the worst possible outcome from every decision. There's going to be a big Elfen Lied-esque twist at the end that shows that Kasuga and Nakamura were actually separated twins that fucked each other at a mental hospital before they were both adopted by different families and ended up at the same school.

I can only hope your right...... cause that sound amazingly romantic/erotic.........
May 19, 2013 6:50 PM

Mar 2013
That last scene was really awesome. I'm going to have to rewatch it. The flower of evil finally opened!
May 19, 2013 7:21 PM
Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:
I stopped analysing Kasuga's behavior. His actions are just way too weird for me. I'm still watching for the atmosphere, and DAT NAKAMURA.

That's why I find this show hilarious. The male lead is very self-conscious. He is a type who always thinks of the worst cases and thus usually he is cautious. But alas he was once tempted by an evil spirit, which was witnessed by the female lead who was like incarnation of an evil spirit. She acts like a demon and places crazy demands on him with a devilish cruelty. Submissively he accepts her demands. lol
May 19, 2013 7:26 PM

Apr 2011
Nakamura has to stop acting like Kasuga is the deviant, shes the worse of the two. Great episode, I'm curious as to why Nakamura is the way she is, hope it dives a little bit into her backround. Can't wait for next week to see the consequence of all that.
May 19, 2013 9:22 PM
Mar 2011
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Nakamura has to stop acting like Kasuga is the deviant, shes the worse of the two. Great episode, I'm curious as to why Nakamura is the way she is, hope it dives a little bit into her backround. Can't wait for next week to see the consequence of all that.

nakamura's actions are easier to explain. its a misery loves company kind of thing. she hates where she is and when she found kasuga stealing the gym clothes, she thought she can have companion. as for why shes like that, i guess we'll all just have to wait.
kasuga is more of the question; is he really, deep down, a deviant waiting for the right opportunity to "come out"?
or is he just a spineless boy being manipulated by nakamura?
"....i am the villain in this story"
May 19, 2013 11:31 PM

Apr 2009
Huh. First scene they didn't fuck up, neat. For once I actually liked an episode of this adaptation.

I wonder if they can pull out the decent direction for some other crazy things down the road, assuming they get that far.
May 19, 2013 11:43 PM

Jan 2009
Emiloo12 said:
Also loved Nakamura's "No shit, Sherlock".

i bet she never said that and thats just GG fansubs doing their thing again
May 20, 2013 12:01 AM

Nov 2007
allen_aoki said:
Rotoscope really enhanced the ending scene of this episode. Almost felt like the reason to rotoscope the series was solely for that moment.

I think that as the storyline progresses, these realistic expressions and unsettling visuals will be even more enhancing.

This ending exceeded my expectations. Really couldn't have been done better.

formlessvenom said:
That last scene was really awesome. I'm going to have to rewatch it. The flower of evil finally opened!

Yeah, definitely.
Azrael_XMay 20, 2013 12:06 AM
May 20, 2013 1:31 AM
Nov 2011
I don't quite know where to begin on this one. I believe that I've mentioned it in an earlier thread, but I haven't read the manga, and in all honesty, nothing could have prepared me for that ending scene. It was awfully strong and expressive, yet I cannot help but worry about what will happen to Kasuga. Nakamura didn't write any confession, so it wouldn't surprise me if the protagonist ended up taking full responsibility.
He certainly did pass a sacred line in this episode, and put himself in a very undesireble position doing so. I honestly can't wait for the next episode.
May 20, 2013 2:36 AM
Dec 2012
^ I'm curious to see reaction of their classmates and teacher when they see the vandalized classroom in next episode. Also, I'm curious to see how he is going to handle the two girls from now on. Since he seems indecisive, he is unlikely to *ditch* either of them if romance starts between him and Nakamura or if he gets her pregnant without romance. Would be interesting if it turned out like School Days in the end.
May 20, 2013 3:38 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, just wow.
I was really fascinated by the last scene...
the visuals improved greatly in this episode too.
@inuvivo on twitter!
May 20, 2013 7:02 AM

Oct 2012
Life is hell, at least for Kasuga. The end got me, it felt like corrupted orchestra, devious piece of art.

Next time, prepare for downfall.

Edit: Nakamura is really excited by this perversion. They should fuck in the end and it would be perfect.
Mich666May 20, 2013 7:18 AM
May 20, 2013 8:20 AM

Mar 2012
omg great episode, can't wait for next
May 20, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
onewhodreamt said:
Oh, God, this ending is insanely great.

Nakamura is actually tired of people's shit like I thought, reasons are still unclear though. (unstable family relationships?)

From the very beginning I sensed that Nakamura falsehood in which reveled people bothered him and tried in Kasuga an ally, even after seeing his reaction to the accusations made ​​against him by Kinoshita! Kasuga, moreover, nothing but good person, he is perhaps most rotten of Nakamura and now he has found his better half. This episode thankfully did not disappoint my expectations and surprised me in the end thanks to the fact that it showed that scene featured in so many media, in which two students accused of vanadalismo, I was hoping that the souls come to that point, I saved legggere of the manga! I find the design very suitable to the gloomy weather, the design used in anime is too moe, instead this is fantastic for the purpose for which it pursues.
May 20, 2013 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
Never thought I will get chills from this anime, but damn that scene was just perfect.
May 20, 2013 10:49 AM

Oct 2012
Damn. That ending was awesome. I could feel the guilt piling up on Kasuga, I knew he was going to break soon.
May 20, 2013 1:48 PM

Oct 2012
ImaginatorSuiko said:
ending was one of the best things I've ever seen

hey, the same here!

This was one of the most epic scenes I've seen.... ever!
Kasuga is very nice boy. U can see he cares for Nakamura's feelings...he just couldn't let her be sad, so he played her game... And Nakamura was so happy. It was nice to see! Definitely Nakamura loves Kasuga. And the last word she saidto him it could be translated "I love u"...

Not to mention the scene at the begining of this ep ---> Saeko is so cute, nice and kind girl! Epic!

May 20, 2013 1:53 PM

Oct 2012
Mich666 said:
They should fuck in the end and it would be perfect.

=)
yeah... the way she's obsessed with Kasuga..it should happen in reality...but we'll see

May 20, 2013 1:54 PM

Aug 2012
RediceRyan said:
Holy shit, that ending was amazing.

So it's official, she's a sadist?
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
May 20, 2013 1:59 PM

Dec 2009
THEY DID IT

THEY SUCCEEDED

YESSSSS

That classroom scene was beautiful.

But one thing... I have no idea where they will end this anime with its current pacing, unless they speed it up.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 20, 2013 1:59 PM

Oct 2012
Ghostony said:
RediceRyan said:
Holy shit, that ending was amazing.

So it's official, she's a sadist?

It's official now she needs someone to hug her, help her and to love her...she's still young, her subconscious is still repairable...

May 20, 2013 2:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was one of the most incredibly powerful scenes I've ever seen in an anime. The music, the animation, and the raw depth of emotional release from the 2 characters is amazing. They could have ended this right here, but I'm guessing more crap is going to hit the f*n.

On a side note, Saeki's mom actually looked a lot like her.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 20, 2013 2:06 PM

Oct 2012
Marzan said:

On a side note, Saeki's mom actually looked a lot like her.

Yeah, she was so nice and cute... now we know why Saeki is the same

May 20, 2013 2:11 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode. Wish I could watch the last 6 episodes already.
May 20, 2013 2:13 PM
Jul 2008
Dat last scene....omg...

I'm so glad I didn't drop this anime. I knew I was right when I said that the rotoscoping gave it a much sinister feeling.
May 20, 2013 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
Even for this show, that was a pretty fricken' odd ending. However, I can't help but feel like they jumped the shark. It just seems too over-the-top. My favorite scene from this episode, and my favorite scene in this show so far, was the part where Nakamura places her glasses back on her face after declaring herself "done" with Kasuga. The symbolism of this action is immense. With him, she showed her true face (sans glasses) because she thought he was like her, weird (pervert). His desire to be normal broke her though. It caused her to put her mask (glasses) back on. Man, I don't know if Kasuga secretly likes Nakamura, but it sure seems like they're going to end up together.

Serious consequences await next week.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
May 20, 2013 4:54 PM

Apr 2007
Brilliant? Perhaps but it seems like most people are relating to the presentation of the story rather than the characters. Does anyone care about Kasuga?

I did not read the manga but I have to assume the dude's life is over. His life, his family's, and Saeki's. I don't care how good it looks, it's still very, very hard to watch.
May 20, 2013 6:36 PM

Jun 2007
NickyCharisma said:
Even for this show, that was a pretty fricken' odd ending. However, I can't help but feel like they jumped the shark. It just seems too over-the-top.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

An over-the-top presentation? I can agree to that, but if you are referring to the act itself within the pacing of the series as jumping the shark, then I am inclined to disagree. The 'climax' of an artistic work is often somewhere between the middle or 3/4 of the way through. The act of vandalism symbolizes Kasuga's fall from morality and his embracing of his sinful, perverted inner-nature by submitting to Nakamura, i.e. undergoing a fundamental transformation suitable to represent the climax of the story which will have profound consequences. Considering Kasuga's nature and circumstances, the falling action/denouement will presumably be all the more interesting, assuming that the director's artistic vision pulls through for us.

Man, I don't know if Kasuga secretly likes Nakamura, but it sure seems like they're going to end up together.

They are definitely compatible with one another. Kasuga needs Nakamura just as Nakamura needs him, for different reasons of course; I make this point in an earlier post (somewhere on page 3). Still, one can't dismiss Saeki either. It's safe to assume that she's not the virtuous angel that Kasuga assumes her to be, after all, thus far we have only been seeing her from Kasuga's skewed perspective.
May 20, 2013 7:36 PM
Mar 2011
Kjeldoran said:

They are definitely compatible with one another. Kasuga needs Nakamura just as Nakamura needs him, for different reasons of course; I make this point in an earlier post (somewhere on page 3). Still, one can't dismiss Saeki either. It's safe to assume that she's not the virtuous angel that Kasuga assumes her to be, after all, thus far we have only been seeing her from Kasuga's skewed perspective.

with the pacing of the show and how its true to the manga, its very sad that its only 13 epis. we wont see why saeki is like that
May 20, 2013 9:26 PM

May 2013
The classroom scene was executed brilliantly. Sucks for whoever is going to clean up that wreck.
May 20, 2013 10:32 PM
Feb 2011
Can't wait the next episode. :O
May 21, 2013 1:31 AM

Apr 2008
Fucking YES! I was wondering how the anime would handle this scene (as a manga reader), this TOTALLY blows the manga's version out of the water!! I was totally mesmerized at the last scene, just wonderful! Definitely this show is a solid 8/10 (and I grade very very tough - 5/10 is average NOT 7/10), and looks to be heading towards 9 territory soon if this is a good sign things will really pick up steam.

When the pacing was really slow(episodes 1 and 2) I honestly thought they'd end the show with this the classroom vandalism, but now it looks like they'll reach the point (vague spoiler)
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
May 21, 2013 2:42 AM

Apr 2013
Oh man. The pace is picking up a bit. Now I'm excited for what's coming up.

May 21, 2013 2:52 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Classroom vandalism: better than sex. I have been looking forward to this chapter ever since before the anime began airing.

May 21, 2013 4:36 AM

Oct 2012
Marow said:
But one thing... I have no idea where they will end this anime with its current pacing, unless they speed it up.

We are at the end of second volume half-way through the series so I guess they will end up with volume 4. Volumes 5-9 could be next season if this is a success.
May 21, 2013 4:37 AM

Dec 2012
oh, kasuga. as much as i try to understand you... i just can't.
worse enough that he wanted nakamura to tell saeki abour her gym uniform, but he seriously were able to even top that. nakamura said she's done with him, but for some reason he just went crazy and didn't let her go.
this whole thing is so not understandable for me. i try to put myself in his shoes, but i really don't get him.

of course that doesn't mean the anime is bad though. i wasn't that stunned by the ending scene like the majority of people here, but it was interesting, ngl. i'm curious how everyone will react when they see the classroom and if his confession will still be on the chalkboard.
May 21, 2013 9:22 AM

Sep 2011
lol I love how Nakamura said to kasuga he is a hentai I thought she was going to say something deep xD

Really I don't know what to expect for the next episodes.
May 21, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
shin-angel said:
lol I love how Nakamura said to kasuga he is a hentai I thought she was going to say something deep xD

I think it was great, the delivery of that line was fantastic.
May 21, 2013 1:22 PM

Apr 2009
Best episode yet. Absolutely beautiful end scene. Now I'm eager to see what happens next.
May 21, 2013 7:00 PM
Mar 2011
Numi said:
Classroom vandalism: better than sex. I have been looking forward to this chapter ever since before the anime began airing.

Classroom vandalism then sex: better :D
May 21, 2013 7:07 PM
Mar 2011
Marow said:

someone mentioned a nice boat ending. which would be awesome. i wouldnt mind if they copied it scene-by-scene. id love to see that in rotoscope
May 21, 2013 8:29 PM

Jun 2012
Why!?...

So next episode will be interesting.

May 21, 2013 9:51 PM

Apr 2012
I think the ending is one of the best anime scenes i've ever seen.
May 21, 2013 10:38 PM

Feb 2010
Nakamura dancing was overdone imo, it looked dumb.
May 22, 2013 8:55 AM

Mar 2012
Good, I'm glad that they went into a different direction. I think I enjoyed this episode much better than the last. Loved the last scene.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
May 22, 2013 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
& with alittle bit of arts and craft, any deviant can awaken,
Nakamura dancing while Kasuga paints the town black was quite sexy,
May 23, 2013 12:07 AM
Oct 2012
PhiLL_A said:
My god, I can't even describe this. I had goosebumps on the last scene and it was so... wow. Just wow. This is now a 10 and into my favourites list it goes.

exactly what i did ^-^
May 23, 2013 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
That last scene...just, wow! I'm going to have to go and watch it again, it was simply amazing, and gave me goosebumps! Also, is it just me or did Nakamura look really beautiful whilst dancing around in the classroom? It was simply amazing, possibly a new favourite anime scene!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

325 by princesjelyfish »»
May 4, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.