Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2008 6:32 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder why that captain keeps letting Oboro go.
Oct 10, 2009 8:46 AM

May 2009
aero said:

Kinda seems like one of those things where the ultra strong / legendary fighter wants an up-and-coming fighter to live and grow stronger so they can fight each other when the up-and-coming one becomes "worthy" or something XD

Looks like I was wrong about the taxes thing in my last post, all they were after was the intruder that escaped.

Granny dies =(
and Oboro goes and basically adds the last sparks that start the rebellion.
Also: apparently villagers > soldiers in terms of fighting ability XD
Feb 23, 2010 11:19 AM

Oct 2009
Aw, the grandma was a good, if somewhat cliched character.

Great episode with some lazy action scenes, but some good ones too. And now it looks like the beginnings of a war. This was nicely played out.
Mar 19, 2011 5:22 AM

Jul 2009
LordWolfeye said:
aero said:

Also: apparently villagers > soldiers in terms of fighting ability XD

Well, if you've got 5 guys ( Pops, Oboro, Hakuoro, Archer Sisters) killing the enemies in droves, the fighting ability of their troops might not need to be as high
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jun 27, 2011 1:39 PM

Sep 2008
LordWolfeye said:
aero said:

Kinda seems like one of those things where the ultra strong / legendary fighter wants an up-and-coming fighter to live and grow stronger so they can fight each other when the up-and-coming one becomes "worthy" or something XD

Sounds pretty reasonable to me, actually!

I can't believe Tusukuru died this early on. o_o I don't know if anyone else was expecting it, but it just seemed like a strange way for her to go down - although it was noble and everything, of course. I just figured she'd be around for longer.

Eruruu did a good job at bouncing back after letting go of her grief. I'm sure she's still sad, but it's amazing how she noticed that others needed her to "have it all together" and she met their needs... instead of hers, maybe.

That "childhood friend" of Eruruu's has gone bonkers. I hope he doesn't return as a super strong adversary for Takuoro.
Apr 26, 2012 12:46 AM

Sep 2011
The grandma died so early actually. O.o

And that one dude is crazy... he should have been killed too! :(
May 6, 2014 12:21 PM
Jun 2013
holy crap I did not think they would raid and actually kill everyone.I also like that hakuoro was like "hmmm maybe this wasint such a good idea."
May 31, 2014 6:46 AM

Aug 2013
Everyone got killed except for that bastard Nuwangi. I have a feeling he's going to become an even bigger asshole in the coming episodes.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 4, 2015 7:15 PM

Nov 2013
I did not expect Granny to die in this episode. And, yeah, Fatties soldiers were really useless. Nuwangi, of all people, survived and seems to have lost his mind. Not that there was much to lose to begin with.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 4, 2015 9:05 PM

Jan 2011
I get the feeling that the soldiers were basically just bullying the local peasants and collecting tribute. On the other hand, the village had actually taken in a number of deserters who'd been fighting (and had been wounded) in real combat. Plus you had a couple of high level fighters among the rebels, while the men at arms were basically level 0 mobs.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 5, 2015 5:18 AM

Nov 2013
rodac said:
I get the feeling that the soldiers were basically just bullying the local peasants and collecting tribute. On the other hand, the village had actually taken in a number of deserters who'd been fighting (and had been wounded) in real combat. Plus you had a couple of high level fighters among the rebels, while the men at arms were basically level 0 mobs.

You've got a point there.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 6, 2015 5:00 AM

Jun 2008
rodac said:

In old times many soldiers weren't really trained or skilled and were hardly much different than common villagers. It's true that many villagers also got recruited to wars and ended up with more experience than some soldier sitting on his ass is some distant post.
The really trained high skill soldiers were usually part of the capitals army and the palace guard.

LordWolfeye said:
aero said:

I really wonder if it's just that. Maybe he also wanted to get rid of the fat guy because he was a nuisance to him or something so he let the villagers do the job for him.
Oct 12, 2015 5:52 PM

Aug 2015
[/quote]
Also: apparently villagers > soldiers in terms of fighting ability XD[/quote]
Many of the villagers were runaway soldiers
Oct 15, 2015 12:18 PM

Aug 2009
Nooooo, they killed my favorite character. ;_;
Ba-chan was so cool. I really didn't expect it.

The show is finally starting to pick up its pace. The second season definitely had a way better start, but after this episode I think this show definitely has potential.
Dec 20, 2015 10:38 AM

May 2008
The lead up the the Grandmas death was silly, knew she would die but not that way and didn't even think that they would all go up against the King or whatever he is. Glad he died although that bastatd Nuwangi escaped.
Dec 29, 2015 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
That was a massacre, very surprising.
Feb 5, 2016 5:19 AM

Sep 2014
RiP Ba-chan .-.
That massacre wow.
The guy that helped Oboro is pretty cool
Hakuoro actually killed the fatass yey.
That bastard Nuwangi's sure gone crazy.
Eruruu singing at the end <3
nerfxFeb 5, 2016 5:24 AM
Dec 22, 2017 1:01 PM

Dec 2008
rodac said:

That actually makes sense. I was thinking it was a bit silly the villagers being so effective, but it was specifically established that a large proportion of the village's men came from deserted/wounded soldiers. Plus they were angry and had a reason to fight, whereas I imagine the guard dudes of arrogant minor noble would not really want to fight.

I guess this guy killing the old lady is going to spiral dramatically out of control...
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Aug 25, 2019 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Damn. I had a feeling this series was going to get dark, but not this dramatic. I'm liking it. I think it's completely stupid everyone went just to save one person and avenge the village elder, but it makes sense within context.
May 9, 2022 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
Rip Tuskur D:

I see that the raid part was sorta changed from the adaptation, as Oboro wasn't captured, Eruruu was apart of the raid, and Nuwangi was the one who killed Sasante. That aside I believe that this episode still had the same impact, helping build Hakuoro as a character.
Dec 23, 2022 10:57 PM

Aug 2021
At first I was going to dislike Oboro but now I pity him....
Apr 9, 2023 9:35 PM
Oct 2019
This isn't any good. I thought it would be better. 

More topics from this board

» I found an Hidden Gem

Naveen6662246 - Apr 9

7 by 0Unknown0 »»
Apr 10, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

alert105 - Mar 23, 2008

108 by Strahan »»
Dec 9, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

22 by Lolicon »»
Nov 7, 2023 8:52 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

18 by fast2611 »»
Mar 8, 2023 8:55 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Dec 24, 2008

22 by HagePotPotato »»
Feb 22, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.