Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 4, 2013 1:05 AM

Jul 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
- Stripping proven to convince people to help you

May 4, 2013 1:10 AM

Jan 2013
lanfire said:
Pknoctis said:

Weird ass episode. I still can't tell whether I hate this anime, or vaguely tolerate it.

So true.

It's a school anime where the students are fighting a revolution for their own country led by the student council using a mysterious super mech wielding vampire body swapper as their weapon to stave off the the evil galactic nazi empire and greedy capitalistic empire. You're going about this the wrong way, enjoy it for what it is rofl.

Edit: Also, believe it or not the way they go about accomplishing said premise is even cheesier than the premise itself.
May 4, 2013 1:51 AM

Jun 2009
Oh look, another bunch students controlling a whole country development.

Also, a major crisis resolved that quickly. I guess I'm with the guys who don't know how to feel about this anime. It has moments that is okay, but more moments that make me shake my head.
May 4, 2013 1:58 AM

Dec 2009
-Quasar said:
Oh look, another bunch students controlling a whole country development.

Also, a major crisis resolved that quickly. I guess I'm with the guys who don't know how to feel about this anime. It has moments that is okay, but more moments that make me shake my head.

This. I just can't suspend my disbelief to enjoy this anime to the fullest :S. I don't like the way things are heading honestly. Ugh, so sick of animes taking place in schools... I definitely like some parts of the anime, but others just leave me shaking my head at the absurdity or cliche plot. I'd love to just go with the flow and accept anything, but there are limits.
May 4, 2013 4:54 AM

Apr 2009
Elf bout to manipulate the whole Shouko/Haruto situation probably using Saki at one point to do it. And things continue to look worse for Shouko's outlook.
May 4, 2013 6:08 AM

Jul 2007
If this does not get good fast, I am dropping this trainwreck.

- EVERY single character is horribly annoying and unrealistic. The gary stu L-Elf takes the cake, but whiny generic lead and his generic childhood-friend-love-interest are not too far behind. And the rest of the cast is not in anyway better.
- NOTHING MAKES SENSE. Its as if every single character goes braindead in order for the plot to happen.
- The "love story" is killing me with all the cliches already. And we did not even get to the love triangle part yet, where one side will obviously be treated like shit and only used for plot-propulsion, ala Aquarion Evol.
- The plot has Sunrise rehashing pretty much every bit of their old ideas from their other shows making it incredibly predictable and derivative. "A supernatural boy pilots Escaflowne Gundam and gains geass powers in order to lead rebellion and protect the Neutral Orb Nation...iiiiiin spaaaace"....sorry, but no, just no.
- Physics do not work that way.
- Psychology does not work that way.
- Politics and military strategy does not work that way.
- And the overly racist and nationalist tendencies continue!~ You go JapanJior, separate from those pesky ChineseDarcians and AmericansArgus. Just forget that if this was going according to actual logic and reality, you would starve to death within few years and your economy would collapse to shit without outside trading
May 4, 2013 6:11 AM

Jan 2013
Kurogashi said:
LMAO. MOSES HAHA. troll subs at its finest.
L-elf is right, what they're doing is hilarious.

That was the single best momment of the whole episode.

Watch as I part the Sea of Students!
May 4, 2013 6:23 AM

Feb 2013
Smilyface said:
do you guys think that shouko just set up a death flag for herself because of that speech

Yeah, I had always felt that Shoko has one of the biggest death flags in the show. And just because they had a fake-out death for her in the beginning doesn't mean that they won't kill her off later (see: Wrath of Khan).

She's not just the MC's sweetheart, they also look like they're back on track in terms of being friends and closer to having a relationship. She's also made herself a target by becoming the leader of a movement. Also, they seem to be pushing that Haruto is going to be working with L-11, and he won't do that as long as Shoko's there. All that added together, gives her a major death flag.
May 4, 2013 6:27 AM

Jul 2007
Irenesharda said:
Smilyface said:
do you guys think that shouko just set up a death flag for herself because of that speech

Yeah, I had always felt that Shoko has one of the biggest death flags in the show. And just because they had a fake-out death for her in the beginning doesn't mean that they won't kill her off later (see: Wrath of Khan).

She's not just the MC's sweetheart, they also look like they're back on track in terms of being friends and closer to having a relationship. She's also made herself a target by becoming the leader of a movement. Also, they seem to be pushing that Haruto is going to be working with L-11, and he won't do that as long as Shoko's there. All that added together, gives her a major death flag.

That would be if this show had any sense of human reason. Sadly it does not.

She will get blown up in a pink mecha in space and reappear 2 minutes latter the same episode, explaining that she survived space by stripping.
May 4, 2013 6:27 AM

Jun 2008
nina4life said:
Wait. Da fuq?
A bunch of kids with 1 mecha want to run independent county and stand-up to two whole nations with dozens of warships? They're stupid.
Sure, their mecha is most advanced, but they've got no engineers to upgrade their weapons further, no production facilities to produce new weapons, no reliable food source now that they're separated from the rest of JIOR etc.

Shoko just doomed all of them with her speech.
Or at least that's how it would be in a real-world situation. In anime world they're going to be unstoppable force capable of changing entire universe.
Now, some other shows had that already, but it was done WAY better. It just sounds retarded in this one.

This show just got a lot worse.

But that Moses line. Priceless. I'm sure to quote it in some random MMORPG one day :D

Although at first sight it seems extremely stupid there is a logic behind it.
They aren't gonna be fighting against the two of them with just one mech. They already formed an alliance with Arus, so Arus is gonna supply them with what they need.
They simply use the mech as leverage. For example if Arus decides to betray and destroy them then they will give the mech to their enemies and they will be doomed. They might not be able to win against a whole fleet with one mech but that one mech can still escape a fleet and go join an enemy fleet.
So the one that decides to destroy them will simply sign his own tech disadvantage since his enemy will acquire the technology that mech has.

Kurogashi said:
LMAO. MOSES HAHA. troll subs at its finest.
L-elf is right, what they're doing is hilarious.

You don't know a word of Japanese do you?
MonadMay 4, 2013 6:31 AM
May 4, 2013 10:09 AM

Nov 2007
Shouko was annoying as fuck. Just shut up and be your annoying whining self that's only there to motivate the MC.

Ugh she should have stayed dead.

Independence? Why?
May 4, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2007
If there is a anime god, Shouko will die and hopefully stay dead.

God this show is super bad. I feel like a macsitist forcing myself to even watch this show. I"ve been fast forwarding most of this and the last episode because I can't stand to even watch some parts. (Shouko being the reason for this episodes skip session)

Why can't I stop watching this horrible horrible anime!!!!!!
May 4, 2013 11:37 AM

Jan 2013
Roxkis said:
If there is a anime god, Shouko will die and hopefully stay dead.

God this show is super bad. I feel like a macsitist forcing myself to even watch this show. I"ve been fast forwarding most of this and the last episode because I can't stand to even watch some parts. (Shouko being the reason for this episodes skip session)

Because it's absolutely freaking hilarious.

Best comedy of the season, even better than Aku no Potato.
May 4, 2013 1:56 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fai said:

- And the overly racist and nationalist tendencies continue!~ You go JapanJior, separate from those pesky ChineseDarcians and AmericansArgus. Just forget that if this was going according to actual logic and reality, you would starve to death within few years and your economy would collapse to shit without outside trading

FYI, China is NOT part of Dorssia. Russia is. Please.

Roxkis said:

Because it's not actually that horrible. People are overreacting once again.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 4, 2013 2:11 PM

Feb 2012
Shouko really should have stayed dead.
This anime is ridiculous, but very entertaining. I'm actually curious if I will be saying the same at the end of the season.
Edit: I'm laughing so hard at the comments. Where are you guys getting these subs? gg, I assume. I guess I'll switch to them.
KingLearMay 4, 2013 2:15 PM
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 4, 2013 3:13 PM

Jul 2007
wakka9ca said:
Fai said:

FYI, China is NOT part of Dorssia. Russia is. Please.

Because it would be too obvious and cause a fuss.

Its still

EVIL CAPITALIST WESTERNERS, EVIL COMMUNIST EASTERNERS and GLORIOUS NIPPON in the middle, separating from them all and being all independent with their katana-wielding samurai mecha. .
AhenshihaelMay 4, 2013 3:17 PM
May 4, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
hmm.. no wonder this show got a not so high rating. After watching this episode, i seriously got the feeling of "I have watch this scenario before". Its like the typical copy bullshit.

And I found the whole episode appalling and full of dumbness regarding what happened e.g. stripping, gripping skirt, etc. mainly the whole episode itself,

apart from the Moses bit and the last 6 minutes of mecha fight which saved me from going nuts watching the episode.. that mecha fight was the only entertaining part of it... The rest, full of dumbness, wuss, problems that couldve been easily avoided but manage to not avoid it etc...

When haruto and shoko open their mouth you just wanna go, "wtf are you serious?"

the show itself is like Absurd in a whole new level (again apart from the mecha fight).

Or is shoko just annoying as fuck.. I wished she was dead. LoL.
T-K-x_May 4, 2013 3:40 PM
オール・イズ・バニッティー

May 4, 2013 3:52 PM

Jul 2011
wakka9ca said:
Roxkis said:

Indeed, the strip scene was seriously for real.
May 4, 2013 4:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ainky said:
wakka9ca said:
Roxkis said:

I'm pretty sure that was intentionally made stupid. In other words, it was not meant to be serious at all.

I'm not sure what's more funny, the series itself or the rant in the MAL forums.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 4, 2013 4:19 PM

Jul 2011
wakka9ca said:
ainky said:
wakka9ca said:
Roxkis said:

I'm pretty sure that was intentionally made stupid. In other words, it was not meant to be serious at all.

I'm not sure what's more funny, the series itself or the rant in the MAL forums.

ya, a show that can't be take seriously
May 4, 2013 5:03 PM

Jul 2010
Haruto seems to get the hang of piloting the Valvrave, that's good. He's a little less of a wimp now.

So they're going to be their own state, interesting. Even L-elf didn't predict this, so I wonder what his stance in this will be now that his plan has been denied. The whole 'blackmail them back plan' sounds way too easy though. It'll only get worse before it gets better.

May 4, 2013 5:59 PM

Apr 2009
lol fuckin knew people were going to bitch about Shouko every episode since she survived.
May 4, 2013 6:41 PM

Jan 2012
Dredd said:
lol fuckin knew people were going to bitch about Shouko every episode since she survived.

I think we are all just mad that there was so much drama put on her death ( the main reason Haruto got into the valvrave was just to avenge her) ,but then she turns out to be alive and unharmed.

And I just know that this (stupid) plan of hers is going to just blow up in their face. I just know it.

Bad writing.

Yet for some reason I can't stop watching it.
May 4, 2013 6:47 PM

Jul 2011
Really, they should fix the tags for this show...Comedy, Parody, School, Action, Mecha
May 4, 2013 7:01 PM

Apr 2013
ainky said:
Really, they should fix the tags for this show...Comedy, Parody, School, Action, Mecha
and horror.
May 4, 2013 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
i just realize something

L-Elf is fucking Kyubey
May 4, 2013 7:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kaykenner54 said:

Bad writing.

That's just the proof that in fact this series is not as bad as people claim it is.

Ridiculous? Yes. It was all intentional.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
May 4, 2013 8:00 PM
Sep 2010
Meh the only good thing about this anime are the mecha. The story, characters, etc are plain garbage. I'm gonna watch 1 more ep, but if it's the same ole crap I'm dropping this. I just feel like this is a cheap garbage version of Guilty Crown.
May 4, 2013 9:30 PM

May 2012
Charliegone said:
Meh the only good thing about this anime are the mecha. The story, characters, etc are plain garbage. I'm gonna watch 1 more ep, but if it's the same ole crap I'm dropping this. I just feel like this is a cheap garbage version of Guilty Crown.

How can you have a cheap garbage version of a cheap garbage show? :0

wakka9ca said:

I have to wonder this myself sometimes xD
May 5, 2013 12:13 AM

Jun 2009
wakka9ca said:
kaykenner54 said:

Bad writing.

That's just the proof that in fact this series is not as bad as people claim it is.

You know, you can actually watch something no matter how bad and terrible it is.

See Blood C for reference.
May 5, 2013 2:45 AM

Aug 2008
The best episode so far, besides the first one. The second half was what made it though. Made me much more interested.
May 5, 2013 2:49 AM

Aug 2009
God, this is hilarious.
May 5, 2013 12:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
-Quasar said:
wakka9ca said:
kaykenner54 said:

Bad writing.

You know, you can actually watch something no matter how bad and terrible it is.

See Blood C for reference.

And yet "can't stop watching it" means addiction to it. That means there is something positive about the series that makes you addicted to it.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
May 5, 2013 1:59 PM

Oct 2007
bubbleboy352 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
bubbleboy352 said:
so no one has anything to say about fullmetal alchemist brotherhood's music getting ripped off here?

now listen to every action sequence in the show

You do realize it's literally exact the same composer right? A few songs are obviously going to be similar in style.

it's the exact same composer? they seriously must not have paid him much if this is all he's putting forward -_-

I happen to like the OST a lot, but then that shouldn't be a surprise as he's bar far my favorite composer in all of anime and has been for over a decade.
May 5, 2013 2:06 PM
Jan 2012
I watched this back on Thursday, but can finally comment on this.

"Lord of the Flies" meets high school stuck in space. Yeah, I think I can take that in. L-11 knows what's up with that laugh. Glad this episode had barely the fan service scenes needed for me to puke on so all is well.

I'll be joining L-11 on the sidelines to see whether any of the high school students obtain "logic" to their newly formed country. At the same time, I'm willing to punch on him for heartless deaths.

I just wonder how long these high schoolers can last (on back-up power?) before Shoko's daddy comes flying down from the main colonyland and berates her?
Yeah... I'm not sure her dad will be supportive of this idea just because she's the President's daughter. :D This is going to be supeeeer interesting.
May 6, 2013 12:31 AM
Oct 2012
For all the people wondering how some high school students could survive as an independent nation, the solution is simple and anyone who does not get it should get their brains checked:

Using Valvrave as a bargaining chip for foreign aid, or freeloading off ARUS using Senator Moses and his ilk as hostages.
May 6, 2013 12:40 AM

Jun 2009
wakka9ca said:
And yet "can't stop watching it" means addiction to it. That means there is something positive about the series that makes you addicted to it.

Or that addiction could root from where this trainwreck will go. Addiction isn't always positive. Also, acknowledging a bad anime while still enjoying it happens.
May 6, 2013 9:04 PM

Mar 2008
i still wonder how are they going to find the other mechs in the op and ed
i knew what he was going to say when he said Moses
all hail shoko
my guess is shoko gets gravely injured and is transformed into a vamp by one of the mechs by the end of the series (the one with the staff?) and joins the fight and hopefully haruto mans up when this happens ( after a series of dilema of to let or not let her become a vamp)
letswrokMay 6, 2013 9:13 PM
May 7, 2013 5:26 AM
Dec 2010
HAhahahahha WTF is with this show it makes 0 sense hahahahah

breaking off one part of the module? What happens to the gravity? What happens to supplies? Air??? Not even mentioning how ridiculous it is for 1 single mech to generate enough force to pull such a huge construct from dyson orbit. Btw, with that kind of force acting on just his 2 palms, he would've broken the module's hexagon "windows" rather than pushing the module lol
May 7, 2013 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
Great Episode
- Visual work is good
- BGM is good
- Story line is heat
Individual components are good.

This anime don't have tightly-plotted.
It's only weak point.

"We will become independent!" "Sounds fun"
I can't stop laughing XD
May 7, 2013 8:03 AM

Feb 2013
newnar said:
HAhahahahha WTF is with this show it makes 0 sense hahahahah

breaking off one part of the module? What happens to the gravity? What happens to supplies? Air??? Not even mentioning how ridiculous it is for 1 single mech to generate enough force to pull such a huge construct from dyson orbit. Btw, with that kind of force acting on just his 2 palms, he would've broken the module's hexagon "windows" rather than pushing the module lol

It is a small artificial star. I don't think we know too much about it to arrive at such conclusions.

The valvrave does not need to generate that much force. A small force just collerates to a smaller acceleration. Since this is space, there is no opposing force to cause a deceleration. The module can only speed up and not slow down.

You can argue that the Valvrave can't generate enough acceleration to push the module to a speed fast enough as what is seen in the show. However, I must point out that showing a scene of Valvrave pushing the Module within that many frames will only bore the audience. You must understand that not everything on screen is happening at real-time. Thus, the scene is fast forwarded to that effect.

The enemy ideals can't attack the valvrave at the time because the initial parting of the Module from the structure generates a lot of debris that hindered their movements, thus allowing the Valvrave as much time as it wants to push the Module.

A lower acceleration just means a longer time to reach the necessary velocity.

However, I do agree that the Valvrave itself can't be explained with hard science considering the thrust required to create the required velocity in an acceptable timeframe is ridiculously high.

Therefore, the Valvrave should be treated as a distinction from the rest of the science fiction involved in this show and should be treated as a super robot instead of a sci-fi robot.

I seriously see a lot of injustice done to this show when the illogical parts like L-11's escape or the Valvrave pushing the module are few and far between. Just because there are few parts that defy the laws of physics does not automatically make the entire show ridiculous.

Why does the mecha genre get so much nitpicking when other genres are mostly free of those scrutiny is something I can never understand.
May 8, 2013 12:51 PM
Jan 2012
zmx2513 said:
Why does the mecha genre get so much nitpicking when other genres are mostly free of those scrutiny is something I can never understand.

I think because some people just can't help but think in logical terms with sci-fi/fantasy. When they try to make sense of a cartoon, it's like applying bananas to an orange. Yeah, I don't really get them either. Some people can't push further than others in their imaginations.

People questioning the logic in L-11's screw attack is like saying they haven't seen a lot of fantasy/sci-fi movies that defy logic ALL the time. =,=

zmx2513 said:

Using Valvrave as a bargaining chip for foreign aid, or freeloading off ARUS using Senator Moses and his ilk as hostages.

I think using Valvrave as a bargaining chip is completely out of the question. However, using Senator Moses as a hostage could be a possibility.

Again, the question I wonder is how long they can keep doing this before President daddy comes flying in? That's the thing I'll be looking out for. :)
May 8, 2013 3:37 PM
Feb 2012
This show reminds me of Code Geass but at the same time I know that it won't be able to surpass it. Strange feeling I have right now to say the least.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 8, 2013 4:32 PM

Feb 2013
GuiltyKing said:
This show reminds me of Code Geass but at the same time I know that it won't be able to surpass it. Strange feeling I have right now to say the least.

I understand, it does have CG elements, which isn't unusual since both shows have the same writer.

I'm loving Valvrave a lot and I'm enjoying it every step of the way.
May 9, 2013 2:11 AM

Nov 2009
Irenesharda said:
GuiltyKing said:

I understand, it does have CG elements, which isn't unusual since both shows have the same writer.

I'm loving Valvrave a lot and I'm enjoying it every step of the way.

Guess you guys haven't seen GD seed or any other kind of gd series.
It's a gd series ripoff, just a small faction of CG though.
May 10, 2013 7:39 AM
Jul 2018

Ohoho. Sakimori declaring independence!
So Shoko is JIOR's president daughter.
May 10, 2013 8:18 AM
May 2012
They should've killed that lousy asshole Mr.figaro.
May 10, 2013 10:14 PM

Jul 2008
Okay that was a good twist and this anime is quickly gaining steam again.
May 11, 2013 12:16 AM

Apr 2011
I knew that Senator was a asshole all along.
May 11, 2013 2:44 AM
Jan 2010
dai pinchi desu
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.