Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 21, 2013 1:42 AM
May 2008
All my friends like this anime though, so it bugs me. It makes me feel like I'm missing something.. So I want to be proven wrong and convinced to like it I guess?..Also told if I'm retarded or not.

Reasons why I dislike it I guess:
I just feel like the concept is retarded. Giants, who look like retards, taking over the planet and humanities only hope is living behind a massive wall. It resembles zombie movies honestly.. I like zombies and all but I only like the intelligent zombie movies. Where there is strategy of some sort and the feelings feel realistic, also in all zombie movies circumstances are explained even if the reasons for zombiefying people aren't. But if their behind a wall all the characters know why they are behind a wall etc.

In Shingeki the idiotic masses just say/think stupid shit and it doesn't seem to follow any form of logic.

I just cannot seem to accept the laws/logic of the universe shingeki is in. The only answer I can accept is the people in charge killed off every single intelligent person/person who knew the secrets, in the world and only allowed idiots to breed.
Apr 21, 2013 1:47 AM

Mar 2012
Why do you feel the need to report your activity? It doesn't benefit anyone.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 21, 2013 1:52 AM

Jan 2009
NeoAnkara said:
Why do you feel the need to report your activity? It doesn't benefit anyone.

lol very good point, i swear there are a lot of attention whores and it started because of internet this is one of its bad side effects
Apr 21, 2013 1:59 AM
May 2008
obviously everyone in this thread cares or they wouldn't bother posting and instead would just ignore the topic.

I seriously just wanted to hear why you guys like it so much. Why doesn't anyone wanna help a guy out?
Apr 21, 2013 2:01 AM

Sep 2008
different said:
All my friends like this anime though, so it bugs me. It makes me feel like I'm missing something.. So I want to be proven wrong and convinced to like it I guess?..Also told if I'm retarded or not.
Why should anybody bother convincing you? If they somehow prove your opinion wrong, that still wont convince you. It will just make you even more mad at the show. The world does not revolve around you and nobody cares about your opinion. Hope this thread is deleted.
Apr 21, 2013 2:02 AM

Aug 2009
different said:

Very Well.

If you think that ANY zombie series/movie is more intelligent than SnK then you have a problem.
If you werent able to see any intelligent chars in SnK then you are too stupid to notice them.
You are wrong.
You dont have to like it.
You are retarded.
There.Happy now?
5layer said:
different said:
Why should anybody bother convincing you? If they somehow prove your opinion wrong, that still wont convince you. It will just make you even more mad at the show. The world does not revolve around you and nobody cares about your opinion. Hope this thread is deleted.

^this

Now stop being an attention whore Mr. different than the masses.
Apr 21, 2013 2:08 AM

Nov 2011
different said:

I just feel like the concept is retarded. Giants, who look like retards, taking over the planet and humanities only hope is living behind a massive wall. It resembles zombie movies honestly.. I like zombies and all but I only like the intelligent zombie movies. Where there is strategy of some sort and the feelings feel realistic, also in all zombie movies circumstances are explained even if the reasons for zombiefying people aren't. But if their behind a wall all the characters know why they are behind a wall etc.

In Shingeki the idiotic masses just say/think stupid shit and it doesn't seem to follow any form of logic.

I just cannot seem to accept the laws/logic of the universe shingeki is in. The only answer I can accept is the people in charge killed off every single intelligent person/person who knew the secrets, in the world and only allowed idiots to breed.

Pray tell. How would you handle the situation if all you had was 1700s tech and highly limited logistics? This gonna be good.
The Art of Eight
Apr 21, 2013 2:14 AM

Sep 2012
different said:

I just feel like the concept is retarded.
[...]
I just cannot seem to accept the laws/logic of the universe shingeki is in.

If thos two statements are true, there's just nothing we can do about your problem. You'd better drop it.
Apr 21, 2013 5:57 AM

May 2012
Wait untill the hype is dead and think it over I guess
Apr 21, 2013 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
There's no point in explaining why we like it if you think the concept is dumb from the start. People are different. That's reality. And you of all people should know since your username pretty much says that
Apr 21, 2013 11:19 PM

Feb 2012
blah blah blah
if your a millionaire you can make your own anime and story without the details or anything that you dont like...
just hire some anime company ,producer something like that

if your not... keep complaining ..i dont know it will work ..but i think it wont change anything so my advice is ..either accept that you cant do anything just continue watching or stop watching
Apr 25, 2013 3:19 PM

Apr 2012
I read Twilight and I disliked it.

Jokes aside,
ssjokg said:

Very Well.

If you think that ANY zombie series/movie is more intelligent than SnK then you have a problem.
If you werent able to see any intelligent chars in SnK then you are too stupid to notice them.
You are wrong.
You dont have to like it.
You are retarded.
There.Happy now?

THIS ^
May 5, 2013 10:14 PM
Dec 2010
I think the anime is way better then the manga, I'm reading the manga simply because I want to know what happens next, chapter 5 was just too much of a cliff hanger.
May 5, 2013 10:16 PM

Nov 2012
It's one of those series where you're not supposed to take serious, like Gantz
RX-782May 5, 2013 11:03 PM
May 5, 2013 10:25 PM

Nov 2011
You're free to have your own opinion and dislike something, but clearly you are missing a few major points.

While, yes, it seems most titans are unintelligent, does it mean they all are? No, even if you just watch the anime this is clearly shown in the latest episode.

I don't know what you are trying to say here, "also in all zombie movies circumstances are explained even if the reasons for zombiefying people aren't. But if their behind a wall all the characters know why they are behind a wall etc."

But there's a clear reason why they stay behind the wall too, to be safe.

The reason Titans look as they do is to show a different form of terror. The disgusting and vulgar look they have brings fear, if they just looked like a normal monster it wouldn't have had that same impact as some human-like thing, smiling as it devours you. It's quite different then what most people think a giant would look like.

I'm not calling you out or anything, different likes for different people, but I just wanted to shed some light on a few of those things.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 6, 2013 12:19 AM

Aug 2009
Alexx_ said:
It's one of those series where you're not supposed to take serious, like Gantz

Yeah anything that isnt a 10/10 in your book can only be liked if you dont take it seriously.

MALer's logic...
May 6, 2013 1:30 AM
Jan 2012
Lol, some hostile motherfuckers.
May 6, 2013 3:29 AM

Nov 2008
If you don't like SnK now, just leave it for a while. I had the same problem with One Piece. I knew it was a popular series, so I tried again and again to start reading/watching it, but I just couldn't force myself to like it. But then after some time I came back to it and quess what? Yeah,not only did I change my mind, it became one of my favs. Negative emotions won't lead to anything.
May 6, 2013 3:40 AM

Sep 2011
KuriosStagnant said:
Lol, some hostile motherfuckers.
Well the op kind of asked for it, literally he asked for it

different said:
So I want to be proven wrong and convinced to like it I guess?..Also told if I'm retarded or not.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 6, 2013 3:49 AM

Jan 2013
ok
May 6, 2013 4:10 AM

Oct 2007
Would you like a medal, perhaps?
May 6, 2013 4:36 PM

Apr 2009
I started reading the manga a while ago, and I honestly like it. The world it creates is consistent so far and, in my opinion, really great. You draw a comparison with zombies, but like the others already said, this series involves a thought out plot and strategy. The giants don't look like retards, and practically their whole being is explained in the manga (as far as information is available to the remaining humans). I think the giants fit very well into the style of the whole setting.
And so far, I think the anime is doing a great job on the adaption.

I don't really know why I wrote this, because you won't even bother reading all of this anyway. Just had to get it off my chest.

May 6, 2013 10:34 PM
May 2010
I like the manga. Problem is, I think reading it before took away a lot of the drama from the anime if you didn't read the manga. Lot of people seem to be reacting really shocked or surprised that Eren was swallowed up, without knowing what happens next. The power in the scene in anime was perhaps more powerful than the manga could deliver. I feel like the manga took away some of that drama and impact the anime delivered if you had not read the manga.
May 7, 2013 1:31 AM

Apr 2008
vlasic said:
I like the manga. Problem is, I think reading it before took away a lot of the drama from the anime if you didn't read the manga. Lot of people seem to be reacting really shocked or surprised that Eren was swallowed up, without knowing what happens next. The power in the scene in anime was perhaps more powerful than the manga could deliver. I feel like the manga took away some of that drama and impact the anime delivered if you had not read the manga.

That's depends on the person. I still got the chills plus the soundtrack for the scene of Eren getting up WAS GODLIKE so it more than makes up for knowing what happens next.
May 7, 2013 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
Your usrname suits tou
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 8, 2013 2:27 AM

Oct 2012
i dont really care, since i dont read it too...

May 8, 2013 2:49 AM

Apr 2008
ryshin said:
i dont really care, since i dont read it too...

Umm why are you even here then?
May 11, 2013 8:39 AM

May 2012
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jun 25, 2013 12:52 PM
Jul 2010
Wow, all the butthurt fanboys...
This is the new Sword Art Online. Extremely dumb and pointless, created for the masses and overly hyped. Guess who'll remember this anime/manga in a few years - not so many people.
I came here looking for a thread like this, since I seemed to be the only person not worshiping this manga, glad to see not everyone watches this.
Jun 25, 2013 1:04 PM

Apr 2008
waterflame said:
This is the new Sword Art Online. Extremely dumb and pointless, created for the masses and overly hyped. Guess who'll remember this anime/manga in a few years - not so many people.
I came here looking for a thread like this, since I seemed to be the only person not worshiping this manga, glad to see not everyone watches this.

how cute
Jun 25, 2013 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
Darklight0303 said:
waterflame said:

how cute
Isnt he?How great it is to go against the masses...of anime fandoms...
Jun 25, 2013 1:28 PM

Apr 2008
ssjokg said:
Darklight0303 said:
waterflame said:

how cute

I am sure he sees himself as one of the mighty spartans of manga readership.
Jun 25, 2013 1:29 PM

Nov 2010
ssjokg said:
Darklight0303 said:
waterflame said:

how cute
Funny thing is I went to his profile, Guilty Crown is in his favorites, I'm like hmmm that's one of those anime that is always compared to SAO as both being bad and overhyped(kinda weird since he compared SAO to SnK in his post). Check his list and he has it tagged with " This is awesome, fuck anyone who says otherwise!", is that butthurt fanboy talk in his definition?
Jun 26, 2013 7:41 PM

May 2013
I've watched my share of Zombie movies and they have no comprehensible explanation. It's a supernatural setting, how could it? They just say a bunch of complex crap and hope the audience believe it. Most of the times, they don't even try to explain it. I remember in one Zombie movie, it was about Gods creating Zombies and fighting each other, wtf? The plot is being explained and developed, even now. It's stupid to judge it so early. I'll admit some of the characters are unbelievable and annoying but when a show has like 30 characters, there are bound to be some annoying ones. That's the only complaint that i can make about the manga/anime. The argument that they ruined a survival story by making it too easy for the Main Characters by giving them powers is stupid because this is a Shounen. It's about, Friendship, Hardwork and Victory. It's about how they overcome the trials, it ain't a Seinen, it's stupid to compare to one. The argument that the characters and plot isn't complex, again, is stupid because again, it's Shounen. The targeted age group is 13-18, why have a overly complex story for young men? The manga and anime is good, because the premise is very interesting and the execution is well done, when you take in to account the audience it's targeting. That is all.
"A samurai doesn't need a reason to take action. If something needs saving, all you have to do is grab your sword"-Sakata Gintoki
Jun 27, 2013 1:41 PM
Mar 2009
different said:

I hope you are freaking troll. If we are talking about logic and freaking inteligence this manga is the best thing that ever happened in the last 10 years. Epicness in it's best.
Jul 7, 2013 10:26 AM

Jul 2013
I started to read this series today and the first few volumes weren't really that great. Interesting for sure because you don't see stuff this harsh often but there certainly was problems.

But the story really started to pick up on the fifth or sixth volume.

The Author certainly improved all around (art and everything) from those early volumes and i ended up getting kinda hooked to this and read the whole series up to latest chapter.
Jul 7, 2013 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
Hase0 said:
ok

same
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.