Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 23, 2008 6:30 AM

Jan 2008
Notice the lack of 'ess' in the title.

I'm going to a HOST club next week when I'll be spending four days in Tokyo with a friend.

I dont want to go to a host club, the idea somewhat repels me, but my friend and her mother decided thats where they want to have lunch. (you can go to a host club just for lunch?) You dont need to tell me not to order champagne.

A part of me is still 'excited' because I want to experience many things in life once, but eating my lunch while sorrounded by Japanese dudes being molested by middle-aged sex-starved women...is not one of them. I asked if we could go to maid cafe but my friend said no, "they're too expensive!" I think I'm going to drag her to one anyway.

I shall report back on the host club experience/torture (and if they had any vacancies for me to fill in) afterwards.

Wish me luck. (oO)
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 23, 2008 6:39 AM

May 2008
The mother wants to go to a host club? Is she attractive?

If so, you have only one option..

Seduce the mother

"俺のアソコは日本人より長いぞ”
Dec 23, 2008 7:54 AM

May 2007
Ooooh. I'm so jealous.

Have you entertained the idea that maybe they are pulling your leg?
Dec 23, 2008 7:57 AM

Jan 2008
ScrumYummy said:
Ooooh. I'm so jealous.

Unfortunately I've noticed a distinct lack of sarcasm or leg-pullage in all the Japanese I've met in this country so far. (oO)

Apparently my friend's dad designed random Japanese airports so if I seduce the mother he'll send planes (or roving airports on gigantic treadmills) after me or something.
BeatnikDec 23, 2008 8:01 AM
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 23, 2008 8:02 AM

May 2008
Oh wow that sounds awesome. Can you take pictures? Or can you get the hosts to dress as maids and then take pictures? That seems kind of fair!

Oh and don't worry about being attacked by planes, just become a walking Bermuda triangle or something.
Dec 23, 2008 8:46 AM

Oct 2006
Kettricken said:
Oh and don't worry about being attacked by planes, just become a walking Bermuda triangle or something.

Hah, I don't think one person could produce quite enough methane to drop planes out of the sky, no matter what they ate beforehand =P

I'm backing the seduction plan. If you seduce the daughter as well then there won't be anyone to tell the father. Unless he frequents the host clubs himself.
Dec 23, 2008 8:54 AM

Jan 2008
I dont wanna seduce these people, I just wanna go to a maid cafe!

*hiccup-cries*
Dec 23, 2008 8:56 AM

Mar 2007
Eh, you'll survive. A male friend of mine went to the Swallowtail Butler Cafe in Ikebukuro with us ladies in our party last year, and he survived. Even when they did stuff like carry our bags and place a cloth napkin on our laps, lol :) Just observe it like you are visiting another planet and studying rituals of an alien species :P

(BTW, I highly recommend the butler cafe. it was amazingly awesome and the food was fantastic ^_^)
Dec 23, 2008 8:59 AM

Sep 2007
Cihan: Get a booth and sit between the two women. And remember to look traumatized throughout the whole ordeal... And make sure you post pictures. That'll make my day, possibly my week. :D
Dec 23, 2008 9:03 AM

Oct 2006
Cihan said:

*hiccup-cries*

If all else fails, you could seduce the father as well...

=P Oh, right. Maybe you'll luck out and they'll have a single hostess to keep you company. Kinda like those chinese buffets they have here in the US where they throw in some french fries and chicken nuggets and macaroni for the people who were dragged along even though they don't care for the food.
Dec 23, 2008 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
MagicalEmi said:
(BTW, I highly recommend the butler cafe. it was amazingly awesome and the food was fantastic ^_^)

I also mentioned butler cafes to my friend as a form of compromise but she wouldnt have any of it. One of my guy friend's is still up for going to a maid cafe in Nagoya though, so I'll be doing that next month for sure. Apparently a coffee in a maid cafe in Tokyo is like 2000 yen which admittedly is stupid...but they're in maid outfits!!! Totally worth it if you ask me.

TheDrunkenShadow said:
Cihan: Get a booth and sit between the two women. And remember to look traumatized throughout the whole ordeal... And make sure you post pictures. That'll make my day, possibly my week. :D

I will definitely try! (but I cant post a pic of me on MAL because then everyone will try to rape me. yes I'm that hot. really.)

EDIT: LOL @ Krelian.
Dec 23, 2008 9:04 AM

Sep 2007
Cihan said:

I will definitely try! (but I cant post a pic of me on MAL because then everyone will try to rape me. yes I'm that hot. really.)

Oh, BS. I posted my pic on here like a year ago and I'm still alive. And I'm probably 75% hotter than you. xD
Dec 23, 2008 9:13 AM

Jan 2008
TheDrunkenShadow said:
Oh, BS. I posted my pic on here like a year ago and I'm still alive. And I'm probably 75% hotter than you. xD

I'm serious, everytime I post a pic on the internet the rape attempts get so absurd I have to move away and begin a new identity elswhere. Until the cycle begins again.

Do you know how many sand dunes I've walked forlornly while my long coat swirls with the wind behind me? I have to walk in a straight line so the camera can film the lower half of my face. They dont even film my eyes! Do you know how bloody tiring it is!? I dont like getting sand in my shoes, its annoying!
Dec 23, 2008 9:31 AM

Feb 2008
I'm so jealous. Can I sneak away in your suitcase? Let's face it, I'll get more out of this than you.

Plus:

Ohohohohoho~
Dec 23, 2008 9:36 AM

Jul 2008
Just pretend you're gay for the night. It'll probably become a bit more entertaining, in a way.
Dec 23, 2008 9:37 AM

May 2008
Cihan said:
ScrumYummy said:
Ooooh. I'm so jealous.

Unfortunately I've noticed a distinct lack of sarcasm or leg-pullage in all the Japanese I've met in this country so far. (oO)

Apparently my friend's dad designed random Japanese airports so if I seduce the mother he'll send planes (or roving airports on gigantic treadmills) after me or something.

Nah he'll just drink himself under one night and get back to business again. Middle-aged Japanese women cheat on their husbands all the time.
Dec 23, 2008 10:18 AM

Jan 2008
hikky said:

Seduce the mother

"俺のアソコは日本人より長いぞ”

Ahaha, that's awful. But true, maybe..
Dec 23, 2008 1:06 PM

Dec 2007
I am jealous.

Please take pictures. ^^
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Dec 23, 2008 1:19 PM

Jul 2008
If I were in that type of situation, I'd ruthlessly mock the hosts.

"AHAHAHA, does your head even reach to my chest? What, they let little children work over here? And what about your squinty eyes? Can you even see out of those things? It must be awfully difficult! And you have the physique of a little girl! Are you sure you're really a guy? Do you have a penis, and if so, is it longer than an inch?!"

And I wouldn't go to a maid cafe. I've been to Hooters several times, and after a while, the novelty wears off. So, why would I pay even more to see uglier girls wear even less revealing clothing?

However, one thing I'd LOVE to do in Tokyo would be to head to one of their strip clubs. I've always been interested in seeing what Japanese strippers look and act like, especially since breast augmentation surgery is nowhere near as common there as in the United States.
Dec 23, 2008 1:21 PM

Dec 2007
Make sure you have the correct ports opened and your firewall is configured to allow 'club.exe' to connect to the internet.

Really though, I can understand you're a bit nervous but in the end it'll just be another experience you can add to your wisdom of life.
Dec 23, 2008 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
Ewww... Sausage fest.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Dec 23, 2008 8:06 PM

Jan 2008
LolitaDecay said:
Ohohohohoho~

That was a Renge laugh, wasnt it? How sad that I know who Renge is... :(

Ontario said:
Ewww... Sausage fest.

Thats not helping!

I'm actually more worried that my friend's mum think we're engaged or something, or that my friend wants to get engaged. She's nice and all, but not my type. I suck at turning women down, oh no I sense another thread appearing on the horizon...

ShaolinRibiero, I was on the subway in Nagoya once and a maid hopped on, no doubt on her way to work, and we spent the entire journey 'not' making eye contact. She was cute as a button. I guess the moral of this story is that buttons should be unbuttoned.
Dec 23, 2008 8:10 PM

Jun 2008
Sounds fun.... not really.

I would love to go to a hostess club, especially if Shoko Nakagawa or Hirano Aya were working there.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Dec 23, 2008 8:12 PM

Jan 2008
Ontario said:
I would love to go to a hostess club, especially if Shoko Nakagawa or Hirano Aya were working there.

Its funny, I can find people to go to a maid cafe with me, but not a hostess club. I only want to go to experience the novelty, not because I'm desperate. (honest)

I wonder though...if I was offered a job at a host club...would I take it? They're surely getting paid way more than I am as a friggin English teacher... (or even a music journalist!)
Dec 23, 2008 8:15 PM

Jun 2008
Cihan said:
Ontario said:

Its funny, I can find people to go to a maid cafe with me, but not a hostess club. I only want to go to experience the novelty, not because I'm desperate. (honest)

I wonder though...if I was offered a job at a host club...would I take it? They're surely getting paid way more than I am as a friggin English teacher... (or even a music journalist!)

That'd be weird if we went together... You're 28 and I'm 16. I'd go for the novelty also. I'm too young for all those women anyway.

You're an English teacher? I respect you. You're teaching today's youth to properly spell and use fancy words, so our world isn't filled with more retards.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Dec 23, 2008 8:21 PM

Jan 2008
Ontario said:
That'd be weird if we went together... You're 28 and I'm 16. I'd go for the novelty also. I'm too young for all those women anyway.

Dude I think I'm too old for them probably! Who knows how young they are, today's society likes them young. :|

You're an English teacher? I respect you. You're teaching today's youth to properly spell and use fancy words, so our world isn't filled with more retards.

Thanks. Yeah I'm a horrible English teacher in Japan, the easiest way to get into the country. Am doing it also for the experience I guess, (although I went and got one of the best teaching certificates in the world because you shouldnt half-ass it) but I'm doing it more to pay bills that music journalism currently cant pay, and I'm probably going to replace both with selling my body to Japanese housewives. I can be the Exotic Gaijin Host (with free English lessons accompanying every bottle of champagne!)
Dec 23, 2008 8:23 PM

Jun 2008
Cihan said:
Ontario said:

Dude I think I'm too old for them probably! Who knows how young they are, today's society likes them young. :|

Thanks. Yeah I'm a horrible English teacher in Japan, the easiest way to get into the country. Am doing it also for the experience I guess, (although I went and got one of the best teaching certificates in the world because you shouldnt half-ass it) but I'm doing it more to pay bills that music journalism currently cant pay, and I'm probably going to replace both with selling my body to Japanese housewives. I can be the Exotic Gaijin Host (with free English lessons accompanying every bottle of champagne!)

I'd love to be an english teacher in Japan. Listening to them try to speak english would be hilarious.

What grade do you teach?
(づ°‿°.)づ
Dec 23, 2008 8:24 PM

Aug 2007
i envy you. D: i wanna go to a host club. ;.;
Dec 23, 2008 9:07 PM

May 2008
Ontario said:

I'd love to be an english teacher in Japan. Listening to them try to speak english would be hilarious.

I don't think listening to them trying to speak English would make a lame salary for full-time hours in a dead-end position worth it..

Cihan, you'd probably need some fairly good Japanese to work as a host though, no?

A gaijin host would be pretty popular though when you think about it.

"マァ~照れないでぇ、外国人君~"

They're waiting for you.
Dec 23, 2008 9:26 PM

Oct 2008
As long as no troublemakers show up to ruin the party, I am sure you have a great time. And if troublemakers do show up, just try to be as polite as possible since you are only working 4 days. From the sounds of this, I think it is not easy to host a club.
Dec 23, 2008 10:11 PM

Jul 2008
Ontario said:
I'm too young for all those women anyway.

Lies! There are tons of women who love to take advantage of younger guys, trust me. Get yourself a sugar mama!

On topic: Just make sure you don't let yourself look nervous. I'd recommend you try pretending the people in the room were naked for things that deal with nervousness... but... I'm sure you'll understand if I don't.

Ha! Bet you do it now!
Dec 23, 2008 10:20 PM

Jan 2008
I am a laid back guy, too laid back really, so I wont be looking nervous at all. Just a stupidly bemused look on my face the entire time, I'm sure. My friend doesnt actually want to go by the way, haha, this is all her mother's fault. There's still a chance plans will change, but for some sick reason I dont want them to...

Ontario said:

What grade do you teach?

Just as long as you know it shouldnt be a career-choice, then go for it. Interesting times await you! With a good teaching certificate you can use it like a round-the-world ticket. These days I teach anyone from age 4 to 70.

Hikky, I think my customers would prefer that the barbarian gaijin host not ruin their language and just remain quiet. And sexy. I think I've got a shot! (I'd rather be a butler though, at least I've got the British accent)
Dec 23, 2008 10:21 PM

Sep 2007
To the OP: Good Luck :) And try to enjoy it as much as you can, I guess... So long as you're "well protected" there's not much to worry about... ;)
Dec 23, 2008 10:22 PM

Jan 2008
Ashrie said:
To the OP: Good Luck :) And try to enjoy it as much as you can, I guess... So long as you're "well protected" there's not much to worry about... ;)

Thank you for scaring the crap out of me. Thanks.
Dec 23, 2008 11:21 PM

Sep 2007
Cihan said:
Ashrie said:

Thank you for scaring the crap out of me. Thanks.

I was kidding, though I am sorry since I didn't mean to scare you, just to get a chuckle or two...
Dec 23, 2008 11:33 PM

Apr 2008

You should watch Happiness Space before going.
Dec 24, 2008 12:34 AM

May 2008
Cihan said:

*hiccup-cries*

The meaning of life, QFT
Dec 24, 2008 2:45 AM

Oct 2008
hikky said:
Ontario said:

I don't think listening to them trying to speak English would make a lame salary for full-time hours in a dead-end position worth it..

Cihan, you'd probably need some fairly good Japanese to work as a host though, no?

A gaijin host would be pretty popular though when you think about it.

"マァ~照れないでぇ、外国人君~"

They're waiting for you.
these are hyenas. no cougars?
Dec 24, 2008 6:17 AM

Dec 2007
In the end... You are going. There are two things that may happen: the hosts will try to seduce you or they will not. If the first happens, you shall resist with all your might. It will work. We all know that European people (the English accent does not lie) have furry tails under their pants, and that shall scare them off. If the second option happens, most likely (I suppose), you shall look very traumatized and take many, many, many, many pictures. And then show me and show them to LolitaDecay so her Renge laugh does not lie unneffective.

Note that if you take a camera to do us the picture favour, you will not be devoured. TRUST THE SECRET! If you desire it a lot, it WILL happen! =D
Dec 24, 2008 6:22 AM

Jun 2008
Vagabond said:
Ontario said:
I'm too young for all those women anyway.

Lies! There are tons of women who love to take advantage of younger guys, trust me. Get yourself a sugar mama!

Shotacons. D:

Cihan said:
Ontario said:

What grade do you teach?

Just as long as you know it shouldnt be a career-choice, then go for it. Interesting times await you! With a good teaching certificate you can use it like a round-the-world ticket. These days I teach anyone from age 4 to 70.

You gotta record one of your lessons. I wanna hear these people try to speak English. xD
I know I can't speak Japanese for shit, but whatever.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Dec 24, 2008 9:25 AM

Jul 2008
Cihan said:

ShaolinRibiero, I was on the subway in Nagoya once and a maid hopped on, no doubt on her way to work, and we spent the entire journey 'not' making eye contact. She was cute as a button. I guess the moral of this story is that buttons should be unbuttoned.

Well, the Hooters girls are pretty hot, too! More importantly, have you ever been to a Japanese strip club?
Dec 24, 2008 9:31 AM

Jun 2008
Isn't that where you use a naked dude as your table and eat sushi off of him? If so, don't go.
I'm back.
Dec 24, 2008 4:38 PM

Jul 2008
hah, well these types of experiences make for greats stories later in life, good luck!

If you ever have another choice like this, do it! Think about how funny the story is going to be once you tell your buddies!
Dec 24, 2008 7:27 PM

Jan 2008
ShaolinRibiero said:
More importantly, have you ever been to a Japanese strip club?

I actually didnt think they existed, I've been battered with the imagery of hostess clubs and maid cafes through Japanese media so much, you rarely see a strip club portrayed. I've seen plenty of Takashi Miike movies too and I still cant remember any strip clubs!

Although I personally dont have any desire to go to one, does that make me weird? It just seems like unnecessary teasing, while sorrounded by sleazy guys, when if you really want to hang out with a woman naked you could just...I dont know, go to a bar and hit on one until they drag you to a 'love' hotel? Too much to ask?

-Kazu said:
If you ever have another choice like this, do it! Think about how funny the story is going to be once you tell your buddies!

"And then, oh wait for this, and then they bent me over a table and spanked me silly! Hahaha...ha....h..."

*friends walk away and never return*
Dec 24, 2008 8:25 PM

Sep 2007
No offence, but half of me wants to see you go and read your reactions os pain and misery when your done, the other half wants to never know what happened there at all

Whichever one it is, good luck there, and remember that pain is temporary, if you dont think of it, you wont remember it.....at least your friend brings it up again and invites your for a second visit
Dec 24, 2008 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
Cihan said:
ShaolinRibiero said:
More importantly, have you ever been to a Japanese strip club?

I actually didnt think they existed, I've been battered with the imagery of hostess clubs and maid cafes through Japanese media so much, you rarely see a strip club portrayed. I've seen plenty of Takashi Miike movies too and I still cant remember any strip clubs!

Strip clubs are way too tame for Takashi Miike! If there's not a mixture of rape, blood, torture, and mutilation, it's just not sexy enough.

And you missed the point of why I mentioned strip clubs; regularly going to one makes you sad and pathetic, sure, but what could be more natural than patronizing the Japanese version once just for the experience?

Also, you'll be able to tell all your friends back home how different it was than the gentlemen's clubs back in Britain!
Dec 25, 2008 4:32 AM

Dec 2007
Cihan said:

-Kazu said:

"And then, oh wait for this, and then they bent me over a table and spanked me silly! Hahaha...ha....h..."

*friends walk away and never return*

Think instead that it will be a great story to tell your grandchildren!
Dec 25, 2008 5:15 AM

Jul 2008
It sounds like you're having a lot of fun in Japan Cihan. Soak it all up playa, soak it all up.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.