Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2013 7:59 PM
Nov 2012
Despite the episode jumping from one thing to another so fast, it seems it developed plot holes that were better explained in the LN... But good kami, that was funny.
Nothing to see here, please proceed to the next window.
Apr 18, 2013 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
Actually a pretty good episode.
But, any episode with a kiss scene is good to me.
Apr 18, 2013 8:42 PM
Feb 2013
Good episode, I'm jealous on how can Shido starts a new game when he dies.
Apr 18, 2013 8:49 PM

Feb 2012
They were so adorable in their date! Esp Tohka! And the kiss!! So cute!! <3
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 18, 2013 9:03 PM
Mar 2013
Great episode, the Kiss was good, and her becoming naked was.. interesting.... and like others have been stating i find it disappointing origami's shield could handle all those flashy Slashes tokha was throwing at her. they could have atleast shown it was wearing her out.... all and all decent episode next one introduces the young spirit in the green robe it looks like can't wait ^_^
Apr 18, 2013 9:06 PM

Jul 2012
NeoAnkara said:
mg021 said:
do the other LN readers feel, like me, that they're really trying to rush just to get up to
I have pointed this many time in episode disscusion. If you see the poll thread that I make there are a pic there and aparently she was really popular so I think that they want to show her faster.

huh. so you did. i need to pay more attention to these threads
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Apr 18, 2013 9:14 PM

Mar 2012
mg021 said:
NeoAnkara said:
mg021 said:
do the other LN readers feel, like me, that they're really trying to rush just to get up to
I have pointed this many time in episode disscusion. If you see the poll thread that I make there are a pic there and aparently she was really popular so I think that they want to show her faster.

huh. so you did. i need to pay more attention to these threads
Just look at this. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=579107
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 18, 2013 9:41 PM

Aug 2010
Anyone else catch that Gundam reference? The red one is 3 times faster XD
Apr 18, 2013 10:11 PM

Jan 2010
Fuck! He's still alive

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Apr 18, 2013 10:52 PM

Mar 2010
why is this show so good, it was supposed to be bad, what's going on
Apr 18, 2013 10:53 PM

Sep 2011
LOL THE GAME RESETS.

Also, my fucking kokoro! Too bad the video quality is so damn poor. I guess I'll wait for the HQ ones. Anyway, I'll re-watch this whole series if this continues.

Awesome episode! ;D

EDIT:

Plus, Tohka really reminds me of Konohana Lucia from Rewrite. Almost exact personality though I wonder if Tohka is violent.
TennoujiApr 18, 2013 10:58 PM

Apr 18, 2013 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
Vylash said:
Because Tohka surpase the cuteness proximity.
NeoAnkaraApr 18, 2013 11:27 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 18, 2013 11:03 PM

Mar 2012
I just notice that the rain is sudden when rewatching. I'm sure this was because of Yoshino.
Apr 18, 2013 11:20 PM

Apr 2010
Am I the only one here who thinks Tohka's personality reversal is incredibly out of character? I mean, it did a 180-degree turn, and then turned 90 degrees straight down.

Apr 18, 2013 11:26 PM

Mar 2012
Akamitsu said:
Am I the only one here who thinks Tohka's personality reversal is incredibly out of character? I mean, it did a 180-degree turn, and then turned 90 degrees straight down.
She was a kid who only see the world. I don't think Tohka is OOC since she was always inocent character.
Apr 19, 2013 12:07 AM

Jul 2012
Akamitsu said:

the 180 degree turn is better explained in the novels.
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Apr 19, 2013 3:45 AM

Feb 2012
What the hell did they win in that claw machine: a loaf of bread, a throw pillow? Anyway good episode it's gonna be hard to top Tohka.
Apr 19, 2013 3:47 AM
Dec 2012
OK, Tohka was too damn adorable! >.< decent series, but Kotori and her personality is seriously ruining the enjoyment of this anime, of course she is a important character but...i hate her with a passion.

reminder it's my opinion, don't like it? don't reply, no need to waste either of our times.
Apr 19, 2013 6:26 AM

Mar 2009
Origami and her inability to grasp what's going on is pretty annoying but other than that it's alright so far.
Pretty generic romance/harem show.
Apr 19, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2012
Crappy drawings during the date.
Tenkousei kita!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 19, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
Plot banal and boring narration for the entire time of the appointment. It becomes interesting in the final, now have to explain to me exactly what happened! Designs and fabulous colors also good animations!
Apr 19, 2013 10:46 AM

Feb 2012
Well this episode was better then the previous ones that being said why is he alive i mean most people don't light on fire and heal mortal wounds, but i suppose thats one o the things we shall find out in time.
Apr 19, 2013 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
Tohka is so cute. <3
Apr 19, 2013 1:42 PM

Aug 2012
Well, found this ep to be a lot better than the previous ones...
Apr 19, 2013 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
This episode made me score the anime a mark higher. It was pretty decent, and it looks to be an exceptionally good anime!
Apr 19, 2013 3:20 PM

Jun 2012
so shidou is immortal?
Apr 19, 2013 3:21 PM

Jun 2011
I have never been so intensely attacked by cuteness before but I couldn't help but adore Tohka and Shidou this episode.
Apr 19, 2013 3:24 PM

Mar 2012
febrianandya said:
so shidou is immortal?
Not really. Just hight regenerative power.
Apr 19, 2013 6:40 PM

Jun 2009
The episode was good,but this episode is much better in the LN...

Apr 19, 2013 7:59 PM

Aug 2008
NEKID TOHKA AT THE END! lol

Anyway, I love this episode. I dunno how to describe Tohka whether she's a tsundere, yandere or a dandere.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Apr 19, 2013 9:32 PM

May 2010
Kotori sure is confident of her brother...that climatic scene was awesome..
Apr 19, 2013 9:49 PM
May 2012
that was interesting as always!i liked touka acting like a baby!what was more interesting was that of the episode time!i spend 20 minutes without even noticing!
much more interesting than complicated anime's like devil survivor!
Apr 20, 2013 2:57 AM

Mar 2013
Another cool episode. It would of been terrible if shidou actually died, and the kiss at the end was pretty good.

Mastery through endless repetition.
Apr 20, 2013 3:15 AM

Sep 2012
Why 720p HD is super slow?
Apr 20, 2013 3:25 AM

Jun 2012
ElfinMint said:

Because the TV version of the third episode hasn't been aired....................
Apr 20, 2013 3:29 AM

Sep 2012
Sairyuu69 said:
ElfinMint said:
Because the TV version of the third episode hasn't been aired....................
I think it aired on TV last night..
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 20, 2013 3:32 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
Sairyuu69 said:
ElfinMint said:
I think it aired on TV last night..
This is the only show that I watch 3 time per episode. One raw, one LQ subbed and one HQ subbed.
Apr 20, 2013 3:56 AM

Jan 2013
I thought it was kind of interesting. And the amount of food she can eat is scary. I wish I can eat that much.
Apr 20, 2013 5:20 AM

Sep 2011
...Yeah, okay then. Couldn't get more stupider than that.
Apr 20, 2013 5:37 AM

Nov 2009
Funny Episode!!!

So funny watching Tohka eating all that food and she has a really big appetite. The fight was alright and it was overall quite enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing Yoshino next episode.

5/5

Apr 20, 2013 5:51 AM

Sep 2012
One thing just struck me: The ED animation looks so similar to the other harem+fighting anime Infinite Stratos. I am sure as we see more girls, they will get added to ED one by one, just like IS.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 20, 2013 6:13 AM

Nov 2012
This is so fucking entertaining! Tohka for life!!
Apr 20, 2013 6:52 AM
Jul 2012
That's a kind of shame that they rush story like that. Current pace gives 3 eps for 1 volume, so maybe we'll get

P.S. Does anybody knows if some translating group translated whole 4 volume?
Apr 20, 2013 6:59 AM

Jun 2011
Holy hell this episode was a pretty bad adaption, this whole series so far has been like a fast forward adaption with bits being cut and changed everywhere but it was like someone shoved a rocket up this episodes ass to go even faster hell it even felt like they were talking extra fast half the time.

The date was changed quite a bit and Tohka felt a bit out of character to me at times. Then there was that whole bit at the overlook, fight and Tohka out of control was changed, rushed and just bad they even cut out a whole part when Shidou was back on the airship.

So so so much infomation, background and world settings have just been left out.

I am not saying the Date A Live novels are masterpieces because they are not but they are an enjoyable and fun read but this anime is just cutting out alot of the good and fun bits along with a crap load of info and rushing through it because they want to do 4 whole novels in only 12 episodes. The anime really has for me lost alot of the enjoyment i got out of the novels it could of been alot better if they gave it more episodes or just tried to animate less of the novels.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 20, 2013 7:08 AM

Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Vylash said:
Because Tohka surpase the cuteness proximity.

I have to agree with you that if there's one thing good about this show, its that we can actually see voiced Tohka in motion.

I'll also wait for Kurumi, she is a hot psycho.
Apr 20, 2013 7:59 AM

Jan 2013
ahahhah, amazingly cute and innocent Tohka is <3
This episode is even funnier than the previous ones.
Glad I sticked with this one
Apr 20, 2013 8:07 AM

Jan 2012
Slicer22 said:
Holy hell this episode was a pretty bad adaption, this whole series so far has been like a fast forward adaption with bits being cut and changed everywhere but it was like someone shoved a rocket up this episodes ass to go even faster hell it even felt like they were talking extra fast half the time.

The date was changed quite a bit and Tohka felt a bit out of character to me at times. Then there was that whole bit at the overlook, fight and Tohka out of control was changed, rushed and just bad they even cut out a whole part when Shidou was back on the airship.

So so so much infomation, background and world settings have just been left out.

I am not saying the Date A Live novels are masterpieces because they are not but they are an enjoyable and fun read but this anime is just cutting out alot of the good and fun bits along with a crap load of info and rushing through it because they want to do 4 whole novels in only 12 episodes. The anime really has for me lost alot of the enjoyment i got out of the novels it could of been alot better if they gave it more episodes or just tried to animate less of the novels.

To bad it is like this. I was wondering why he fell suddenly from out of the sky after standing up. Well I start reading the Light Novels anyway after the anime. I hope some company is smart and bring us official english translated light novels (so I could buy them ^^).

The episode was good only some parts don't make sense at the moment to me (like Shido surviving that shot).
I wonder what Origami will do next, I like her the most in this anime.
RayxtrApr 20, 2013 8:11 AM
Apr 20, 2013 9:43 AM
Nov 2011
I liked the episode, and I agree about the pacing issues. I'd have loved to seen more 'date', and then have the death scene be a cliff hanger.... leaving the next episode her transformation a bit more dramatic, and then perhaps more to do there.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 20, 2013 9:46 AM

Apr 2013
about to drop this but it was entertaining enough for me to reconsider...
though the music was a bit off on some parts

man, that spirit can get from moe to killer in a sec O__O

they should explain how Tohka was revived -_- and how the hell did he came flying in like that
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 20, 2013 9:58 AM

Aug 2010
HidoiSan said:

man, that spirit can get from moe to killer in a sec O__O

they should explain how Tohka was revived -_- and how the hell did he came flying in like that

You mean Shidou. They really didn't explain it, but since there was some kind of black/purple flame on his body, I think tohka did it w/o even knowing.
As for the falling down from sky: I guessed (correctly if the earlier comments are to be taken seriously) that they just retrieved him and threw him at her. What a nice and caring little sister he has.... >.<
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.