Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 10, 2013 8:22 AM
Mar 2013
So I guess Sasuke Vs. Naruto is never happening

Not necessarily. There is still a reason for Naruto and Sasuke to fight: Sasuke hasn't agreed to return to the village of leaf.

Just because he doesn't want to destroy it anymore doesn't mean he wants to be part of it. After Madara is defeated, Sasuke will probably try to leave the village and Naruto will try to stop ("save") him. That is when the epic fight will happen.
Apr 10, 2013 8:43 AM

Mar 2013
fangirling

I'M SORRY
Apr 10, 2013 8:46 AM

Feb 2008
ROFL @ Karin. So Sasuke betrays her and leaves her for dead, so what does she do? Joins his new overpowered party, off course. Man, this manga sure is getting shittier by each chapter now...
Apr 10, 2013 8:55 AM

Jan 2012
I kinda expected that ending... but i dint think Orochimaru would turn side so easily...
Sasuke doing it makes sense, but Orochimaru doesnt...
Apr 10, 2013 8:56 AM

Apr 2013
I have a feeling Orochimaru will betray them but we'll have to wait and see.. And I still wish for a fight between Naruto and Sasuke.

I'm excited about Minato meeting his son tho :)
Apr 10, 2013 8:58 AM

Aug 2012
Is there anyone else getting the feeling that Naruto's promise is now useless?
"I will bring back Sasuke back no matter what."

Has Sasuke really changed?
If yes, that means Itachi's words were useless, particularly, him telling Naruto that he has now left Sasuke for him to deal with.
It seems the kages just did his job.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Apr 10, 2013 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
ernst said:
Pain vs Konoha was the climax, everything went downhill from there.
true..
Apr 10, 2013 9:20 AM

Oct 2008
Meh... I hope there will be a lot of action instead of boring flashbacks.
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Apr 10, 2013 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
You better your ass Madara Uchiha, shit is going to hit you hard when the cavalry and those monsters arrive to kick your ass.
Apr 10, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2011
This is one of the best Naruto chapter I have read in years. Finally Sasgay got over his emo phase and we got to see the 4 hokages + Orochimaru + Team Hawk combining to take down Madara. I am genuinely excited for the next chapter.

5/5
Apr 10, 2013 9:55 AM

Jun 2012
this chapter gave me goosebumps!.. now I'm waiting (im)patiently for the next one.. and I guess what 'animefan8800' said is true.. Minato will probably give the other half of Kyuubi's chakra to Naruto as the gift..
Apr 10, 2013 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Karin...just...Karin... -__-
Apr 10, 2013 10:01 AM

Jun 2012
For one i believe Sasuke is actually going to stab them in the back, because Kishimoto referred back to how Sasuke has a tendency to stab people in the back and it is abasic rule of writing to not bring up unnecessarily material, unless it has some relevance. I believe Sasuke plans to join up with everyone, kill Madara, Obito and Kabuto, which will recall the dead, and then Sasuke will be the main villain. Any thoughts or opinions?
Atteroz Hernandez
Apr 10, 2013 10:11 AM

May 2010
WTF PLOT MOVEMENT????
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 10, 2013 10:21 AM

Oct 2010
"I suggest you just go along with it." It's like Kishi is giving advise to his readers.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Apr 10, 2013 10:22 AM

Dec 2012
The best chapter <3 Sasuke understands, the Kage go to war, Orochimaru is on the good side.. THIS IS EPIC *_*
Apr 10, 2013 10:23 AM

Feb 2008
this played out all too easily. it seems everyone is just changing their mind. i guess naruto might get the boost he needs to end all of this.
Apr 10, 2013 10:35 AM
Nov 2007
Shit.
Apr 10, 2013 10:41 AM

Mar 2011
The only good thing about this chapter it's the last page.

Sasuke and Orochimaru wtf is going on with you?
Apr 10, 2013 10:43 AM

Jul 2007
oh man, its finally come down to this, im glad for once sasuske changed his desicion and instead not get hung up on the dark side, i figured he would judging by all of the history he has learned bout the uchiha. Honestly given all the information we know, it would of been pointless for his desicion to be that of destroying konoho.

Now its all comes down to this, the final battle, all 4 hokages move out, this is going to be so damn exciting. I can't wait to see the reactions of all of them with their early generation counterparts. The double chapter in 2 weeks should be awesome! :)

Apr 10, 2013 10:43 AM
Nov 2012
I knew that something like this would happen!
I just cannot wait to see Narutos and Sakuras faces when they see Sasuke!
I can sense something epic coming :D
Apr 10, 2013 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
This is exciting and bad at the same time
Exciting for all the kages going to the battlefied including sasuke and orochimaru
bad for sasuke not staying evil long enough IMO

I always thought sasuke will stay evil until the very end and he will realize something important at the very last fight. Then he will ended up sacrificing his life for Naruto in some way, couple chapters ago the only way I can see sasuke redeemed himself is by doing so.
He went to the no turning point dark side and suddenly after hearing Harashima, bammm sudden change of heart. I wouldn't want to say it's not possible or working, but it's just a bit lame.

Nevertheless, the war is going glorious
Apr 10, 2013 10:57 AM

Jun 2010
Kinda lame that Sasuke and especially Orochimaru who killed the third and almost destroys the village will help the leaf village...

Oh well, R.I.P Madara, R.I.P Obito.
Apr 10, 2013 10:59 AM

Feb 2012
Oh man wtf has he done Orochimaru, he was an amazing villain, and the only legit one in whole Naruto, and look at him now, it hurts me, right in the heart.

I really hope, like REALLY that Oro has some other plan and will pull it out soon and mindfuck everybody, therefore turning the tide of the war.
Apr 10, 2013 11:01 AM

May 2012
Team Sasuke + Edo Hokage = BODY.......NOT...........READY! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 10, 2013 11:11 AM

Jul 2007
iMaim said:
I want my Team 7 again.

You know that might just be a possibility now. Team 7 ruinited, but sakura is pretty damn useless, i don't know how she will contribute to this war, but i am kind of hoping that kishi does not leave her out for good, that would just make her one of the worst mains ever in any shonen.

But yeah i can't possibly imagine how many different routes this can take now, everyone is meeting up. We got sasuke and naruto, naruto and minata, minata and obito, naruto and orichimaru, hashirama and obito, tobirima and obito, hashirama and madara, sarutobi and tsunade, saturtobi and naruto, minata and kakashi, i mean the list goes on and on. This is really going to be a battle for the history records.

Judging by all of their reactions to each other, anything can happen that could easily shift the tide of the war.

Ramkec said:
Oh man wtf has he done Orochimaru, he was an amazing villain, and the only legit one in whole Naruto, and look at him now, it hurts me, right in the heart.

I really hope, like REALLY that Oro has some other plan and will pull it out soon and mindfuck everybody, therefore turning the tide of the war.

Precisely, something unexpected is going to go down, its not going to be just a straight forward, we all gang on madara type fight, knowing kishi, i can garuntee you that is not going to be the case. You have to take into account though all of these characters, kishimoto has NEVER had this many legendary figures on screen at one time, i just can't imagine how he would write this out and so many conflicts judging by what history they know of each other and what types of things they have done in the past. Its very unpredictable at this point and i have to say i have not been this excited to see the next naruto chapter in a very long time, every since kishi revealed obito.

But i kept but wonder, knowing all of this is going down, where is "naruto" going to be a hero in this. Is it just going to be "yes madara has been defeated, the world is saved due to naruto's power up's and we now crown you hokage" I hope to god that isn't the case cause that would be a real cop out way of him becoming hokage. I just don't see where this is going to head, even after the battle, how is naruto going to gain his faime in this battle? So far naruto has not shown qualities of a hokage as of yet and its reaching the climax i just wonder how kishimoto is going to develop his character in that way.
ArtimesGamerApr 10, 2013 11:24 AM

Apr 10, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2009
i feel cheated...
Apr 10, 2013 11:47 AM

Apr 2011
Also, I quite surprised why no one's mentioning Shisui's relation to Kagami. Last I remembered Naruto readers were creaming over the mention of Shisui's name.

Ramkec said:

Quite obvious that Oro's planning something and it's not going to be good. Maybe he's gonna try something right after Madara is defeated. What, though, I have no idea. He knows he can't possess Sasuke's body, so what's he planning on doing?

Mod edit: removed deleted post quote
koleareMay 8, 2013 7:22 AM
Apr 10, 2013 12:00 PM

Jul 2007
I don't see people can possibly think this is "predictable" you use that word so lightly. That is perhaps not the right word to describe this. Kishi has basically opened up a plot point in the story that can revolve around any kind of turn of event, in short its VERY unpredictable, anything can happen at this point and we just don't know. I mean its mind boggling to me just to try and deduce what the outcome of this is actually going to be.

So people that are judging to quickly and thinking its predictable, naruto promise to sasuske means, nothing, etc. All i can say is keep reading, don't judge things so quickly based on that one decision of sasuske, that does not necessarily mean that route is set in stone. We all know how kishi loves to troll us or or tease us and then pull a mind fuck.

Apr 10, 2013 12:08 PM
Feb 2013
It's awesome that Sasuke is standing with the village but I'm disappointed that we will never see an epic battle between sasuke and naruto.
Well as long as I get to see sasuke in battle im happy.
Apr 10, 2013 12:10 PM

Mar 2012
I can't remember the last chapter that I finished and become this excited about it, I mean Sasuke turned to be "GOOD" again yeah, but what I'm really expecting is to see those Four Beasts to Show their Full powers. Besides, I don't remember but has Orochimaru already used that jutsu which suigetsu has found?
"A shinobi who violates the rules is scum, but a shinobi who abandons their friends is worse than scum" - Uchiha Obito
Apr 10, 2013 12:11 PM

Dec 2012
WTF? LOL! Karin = Rihanna Sasuke = Chris Brown

Leaf is pretty OVERPOWERED !!

Too bad there's no Naruto vs Sasuke Final battle :|

I think.. Orochimaru is the final villain..
First and Final..

Apr 10, 2013 12:27 PM

Feb 2013
Great chapter! finally Sasuke acts smart and realize what Itachi wanted for him. Karin was stupid to forgive Sasuke, though, i mean he almost killed her, but as Suigetsu says, shes an idiot. Cant for next chapter --Hokages and Naruto and Kakashi/Guy, Bee and bunch of others V. Madara and Obito, and ten tails its gonna be awesome, i can tell the story is finally drawing to the final climax.
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Apr 10, 2013 12:28 PM

Apr 2011
I don't understand. Why are you guys thinking Naruto v Sasuke is not going to happen? It obviously will happen. It's inevitable. Just because Sasuke turned his frown upside down, it doesn't mean everyone else is going to follow suite. How can you expect the Samurai to forgive him that easily when he killed so many of them? Sasuke v Naruto will happen. Mark my words or there is no other reason for the dual MC system of Naruto and Sasuke.

philiphos said:
I can't remember the last chapter that I finished and become this excited about it, I mean Sasuke turned to be "GOOD" again yeah, but what I'm really expecting is to see those Four Beasts to Show their Full powers. Besides, I don't remember but has Orochimaru already used that jutsu which suigetsu has found?

The jutsu Suigetsu found was something related to the Shiki Fuujin.
Apr 10, 2013 12:34 PM

Feb 2009
Horrible round up of characters. Its like Kishi forgot about Sasuke's drama and tossed this little story together.
o genki desu ka
Apr 10, 2013 12:51 PM

May 2012
The "plot twist" this chapter was weak. Yet, I don't think Sasuke is officially on the "good guy side" yet. It seems way to sudden. At least he FINALLY realized Itachi's will.
Orochimaru is defiantly up to something. He cant be just "going for the ride"...
And Karin. Omg. She forgave him just like that?!! All Sasuke had to do in apology for stabbing her was say SORRY? ... ,_,
Overall it WAS a good chapter. The Hokages going to the battlefield is going to be epic :D
Apr 10, 2013 1:07 PM
Mar 2011
I feel like more than to develop the story further, they showed us Madara and Hashirama's friendship so that they could develop Naruto and Sasuke in the same fashion.... Just my guess T__T

sfkjhgkljdfhgkljh and seriously Sasuke sucks (DUH ITACHI WANTED PEACE AND LUV DUUHHH) but I think it was cute how Orochimaru was like "I'll do whatever this guy does" ahahahaha he's too gay for him
Apr 10, 2013 1:34 PM

May 2012
is this a twist?? lols but those hokage's are badass.. cant wait to see everyone surprise when they got to see the hokage's..

Apr 10, 2013 1:58 PM

Feb 2013
Chapter totally made my day

I don't understand how Karin just forgived Sasuke I'm pretty sure he put a hole through your chest, ya know... And Sasuke's face so funny XD

I love how Kishi brought the whole thing together, and now the whole fight is decided Madara and Obito you don't stand a chance have fun :P And I like how Orochimaru decided to follow Sasuke's decision. If Orochimaru was really that bad of a guy, I guess he wouldn't have had revived the 4 hokages just for Sasuke's sake. Guess time can really change a guy

This is how everyone's gonna appear: Sasuke, Orochimaru, everyone else, Kages, Naruto like "whattt dad and Sasuke + Orochimaru what is going on" and Madara be like "Harishirama you back"

Can't wait to see the
-Minato + Naruto reunion
-Madara + Hashirama meet
-Sasuke + Naruto meet
-Obito + Minato "what are you doing"
-the 5 kages are gonna walk in
-Tsunade gonna see her ojii-chan
-Minato + Kakashi "wow you grew up thanks for caring for Naruto and watching over him"
-Sasuke + Sakura reunion? I wonder how that's going to turn out as Sakura will probably hold her hand over her mouth and start crying cuz Sasuke's back on their side

Can't wait to see in the fight (hopefully)
-Minato + Naruto huge awesome father + son rasengan
-Naruto + Sasuke Rasen-chidori? I dunno, I see photos and how everyone says it would be epic. Probably would be

I wonder if Orochimaru could revive Kushina for a bit ^.^ Well she did see Naruto for a while so I guess it should be okay... but I want Kushina and Minato to meet one more time and talk about how Naruto has grown up and they're proud of him >.<
Apr 10, 2013 2:26 PM

Jun 2012
It's cool if naruto and sasuke get to fight together but i do hope he turns bad int he end, it's gone on way too long now and for him to turn good would just terrible imo. Be interesting to see the previous hokage in battle and naruto meeting his father. not impressed with sasuke though.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 10, 2013 2:27 PM

Aug 2007
The plot has become very predictable now. The aforementioned fight between Naruto vs Sasuke that people were expecting could possibly happen but with some twists along the way. Similar to the relationship Madara had with the first Hokage, there will be a fight were Sasuke falls and later realise his inner self, and what is brother wanted of him, and not follow astray... Or some sort of twist scenario where Orochimaru, Madara, or Obito take Sasuke's eyes and then the final showdown between Naruto and that person occurs.

pp813 said:
-Sasuke + Sakura reunion? I wonder how that's going to turn out as Sakura will probably hold her hand over her mouth and start crying cuz Sasuke's back on their side

I have a feeling, this relationship or the love triangle ended many chapters ago and Sakura no longer likes Sasuke as a boyfriend/future husband. It makes sense for Sakura to be with Naruto now, considering how similar Sakura is with Naruto's mother. While Karin and Sasuke make a good pair. A bit ironic that Sasuke's pair is a person from the Uzumaki bloodline. I have to say, though, Karin looks similar to Naruto's mother too... I wonder if they were directly related (curious to see what Naruto's reaction will be when he sees Karin).
Team Leader & Manager of ray=out.
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
http://rayout.org/ - Browse through our site to get to know us better.
Apr 10, 2013 2:39 PM

May 2010
Holy crap! Sasuke is good now?! And wow, they actually showed Karin. >:O
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 10, 2013 2:40 PM

Apr 2013
I realize that naruto has been going on for quite some time,and the fact that I am randomly reading the new updates..
but to me, this chapter especially with sasuke's decision was a bit rushed?
after all the angst and 'plot twists'*cough(that were imo quite obvious) that kishimoto tried to bring into the manga, i was expecting it to follow the trend of naruto beating sense into people rather than what had actually happened.. XD
or maybe it's just me..

EDIT: oh and the fact that Karin so easily forgave Sasuke for stabbing her ,haha
Apr 10, 2013 2:44 PM

Apr 2013
alchemist11 said:
The plot has become very predictable now. The aforementioned fight between Naruto vs Sasuke that people were expecting could possibly happen but with some twists along the way. Similar to the relationship Madara had with the first Hokage, there will be a fight were Sasuke falls and later realise his inner self, and what is brother wanted of him, and not follow astray... Or some sort of twist scenario where Orochimaru, Madara, or Obito take Sasuke's eyes and then the final showdown between Naruto and that person occurs.

pp813 said:

I have a feeling, this relationship or the love triangle ended many chapters ago and Sakura no longer likes Sasuke as a boyfriend/future husband. It makes sense for Sakura to be with Naruto now, considering how similar Sakura is with Naruto's mother. While Karin and Sasuke make a good pair. A bit ironic that Sasuke's pair is a person from the Uzumaki bloodline. I have to say, though, Karin looks similar to Naruto's mother too... I wonder if they were directly related (curious to see what Naruto's reaction will be when he sees Karin).

Im thinking the same for the Sasuke and Sakura theory, if i had to choose ships id agree the two together( in our own little fanfiction fantasys :P ) But tbh, at the rate the manga is going, im perfectly fine with the three just being great friends with an almost sibiling-like bond.
Regarding Karin however, i never really paid much attention to her XD

Apr 10, 2013 3:10 PM

Mar 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
And it only took him over 220 fucking chapters to realize what his brother actually wanted him to do.

I was expecting something more of Naruto that will change Sasuke, but things turn rather unexpected, I actually liked the chapter, but the sudden change to Sasuke was quite indifferent, even if he did join the fray, the Alliance wont acknowledge him unless he does something.

My prediction would be, he either, give up his life to do something big in the war for atonement, OR he lives and be a lone wolf like Jiraiya.

Other than that, things are going really exciting, not only Sasuke will join in the war but so as the 4 Hokages!

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Apr 10, 2013 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
Stupid plot direction, but at least the upcoming action will be interesting.
Apr 10, 2013 4:00 PM

Mar 2012
Hokage join the fray now. I want to see father and son combination soon.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 10, 2013 4:09 PM

Apr 2012
Just because everyone knows what you want to say, doesn't mean you shouldn't say it anyways.

We all saw it coming even if we didn't want it to go like that. Sasuke's indecision on whether or not to take revenge lies on the question: Is Konoha worthy of Itachi's sacrifice?

That's where Hashirama and the Hokages come in, Hashirama (together with Madara) were the first ones to develop the concept of Hidden villages, the start of a world where every Shinobi must be ready to sacrifice everything for the village, where morals and principles are bent to the village's will.

Why do Shinobi exist? What is their purpose? What is the purpose of the village?

He learnt then that Shinobi endure all that pain so that others won't need to: Hashirama and Madara created Konoha so that children could grow being children, not warriors.

Tobirama had to change who he was to not be as soft as Hashirama, or as dangerous as Madara, to become the Hokage that Konoha needed.

Hiruzen sacrificed the Uchiha, because a civil war would've only ended in blood and hatred, it was the safest way.

Minato sealed the Kyuubi inside Naruto sacrificing himself and his son, to protect those who lived in the village and giving Naruto a fighting chance against Akatsuki.

Itachi chose to eliminate the Uchiha because he understood the purpose of the village, of shinobi, he left Sasuke alive because his love for him went beyond that of the village.

Sasuke wanted to know the reason behind all that sacrifice, why would anyone endure so much? He needed to understand before deciding. Sasuke is not a fool, he knows by now that making a decision without true understanding of the situation is stupid. He decided that the reason behind it all was worthy after all.

Basically, we knew this would've happened since we learned about the truth behind the Uchiha massacre.

I liked the chapter.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Apr 10, 2013 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
Aloxamax said:
Just because everyone knows what you want to say, doesn't mean you shouldn't say it anyways.

We all saw it coming even if we didn't want it to go like that. Sasuke's indecision on whether or not to take revenge lies on the question: Is Konoha worthy of Itachi's sacrifice?

That's where Hashirama and the Hokages come in, Hashirama (together with Madara) were the first ones to develop the concept of Hidden villages, the start of a world where every Shinobi must be ready to sacrifice everything for the village, where morals and principles are bent to the village's will.

Why do Shinobi exist? What is their purpose? What is the purpose of the village?

He learnt then that Shinobi endure all that pain so that others won't need to: Hashirama and Madara created Konoha so that children could grow being children, not warriors.

Tobirama had to change who he was to not be as soft as Hashirama, or as dangerous as Madara, to become the Hokage that Konoha needed.

Hiruzen sacrificed the Uchiha, because a civil war would've only ended in blood and hatred, it was the safest way.

Minato sealed the Kyuubi inside Naruto sacrificing himself and his son, to protect those who lived in the village and giving Naruto a fighting chance against Akatsuki.

Itachi chose to eliminate the Uchiha because he understood the purpose of the village, of shinobi, he left Sasuke alive because his love for him went beyond that of the village.

Sasuke wanted to know the reason behind all that sacrifice, why would anyone endure so much? He needed to understand before deciding. Sasuke is not a fool, he knows by now that making a decision without true understanding of the situation is stupid. He decided that the reason behind it all was worthy after all.

Basically, we knew this would've happened since we learned about the truth behind the Uchiha massacre.

I liked the chapter.

Excellent reasoning. And I don't think he has gone to the 'good' side yet. More like a temporary alliance in my eyes. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, ya know...

Even so, Orochimaru definitely has something planned. He has too much pride and too much hatred not to.

This chapter sets up for some interesting plot twists along the way, but I believe that the Naruto manga might be coming to a close pretty soon. Almost all of the plot devices have been tied and this battle has a sense of finality to it. (I mean unless this wants to boil down into a RomCom...)

Anyways, I can't wait until the next chapter.
Apr 10, 2013 4:23 PM

Dec 2010
Next chapter will be f*king wicked. I'm pretty sure Naruto and Sakura will flip they brains out. And the current Madara is going to piss his pants. Nice chapter. Sasuke is "good" again, and I'm happy.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.