Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2013 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
edl01 said:
ssjokg said:

Because I was away from ALL sub-forums for 2 months.

So you've been stuck on all the raw-forums for the past 2 months?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

I have to admit that it took me a while to get it,but I lold.
Apr 7, 2013 1:27 PM

Mar 2012
I shed a tear every time someone compares this to TTGL.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 7, 2013 1:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was brutal! That was an excellent introductory episode. I hope the production team continues on this level on of excellence.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 7, 2013 1:30 PM

Nov 2010
Baptism said:
Somebody has actually compared them?
Apr 7, 2013 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
Baptism said:
You even quoted him....
Apr 7, 2013 1:34 PM

Sep 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
Baptism said:

Both series have humanity being trapped in fear from another, "superior" race. Both feature absolutely amazing action sequences as well.
Recommended by iWriter88

The outcrop of a tyrant power on the human race, where humans have to fight for their survival.
Recommended by Centillion

ManKind is stuck within a certain place (Shingeki in walls and Gurren lagann in caves) In both they fight the entities that hold them there.
Recommended by MissNyu
Apr 7, 2013 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Baptism said:
3 recommendations and I think I saw the comparison made once or twice in here yesterday. Sad times.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 7, 2013 1:37 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Baptism said:
Someone said it in this thread too, not going to fish for it, but it's there.

May 2012
Konik said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Baptism said:

Both series have humanity being trapped in fear from another, "superior" race. Both feature absolutely amazing action sequences as well.
Recommended by iWriter88

The outcrop of a tyrant power on the human race, where humans have to fight for their survival.

ManKind is stuck within a certain place (Shingeki in walls and Gurren lagann in caves) In both they fight the entities that hold them there.
Recommended by MissNyu

Sounds valid if you ask me.

Jul 2007
Baptism said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Baptism said:
3 recommendations and I think I saw the comparison made once or twice in here yesterday. Sad times.

nghhhhhhhn.

God slaughters ten kittens and makes a soup out of them every time that happens :[
Apr 7, 2013 1:38 PM

Nov 2010
Konik said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Baptism said:

Recommended by iWriter88

Recommended by MissNyu
Hmmm, that's interesting. Though I don't see how that's a bad thing, those recs are basically correct.

Baptism said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Baptism said:
Hmmm so not that many.
Apr 7, 2013 1:39 PM

Apr 2011
my body was not ready
Apr 7, 2013 1:46 PM

Jul 2010
This is awesome! Loving the premise so far. The setting as well; very medieval. Had to get a little used to the style though; black outlines and the way they did the shadows and highlights is also pretty unusual.

Many moments of foreshadowing all led to that moment. So they call them Eotena. The big one looks like a medical doll for showing off muscle fiber to me.

The mere look on the faces of the 'normal' sized ones though, what the hell man... They're grinning like crazy. The way he ate his mother, so gruesome.

I'm liking this! :D

Apr 7, 2013 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
I can't wait for the next episode! The animation is really good oO
And I love the OP :D
Apr 7, 2013 2:14 PM

Dec 2012
Very, very intense episode. Definitely gunna stick this one out till the end. Can't wait for next week.
Apr 7, 2013 2:14 PM

Apr 2010
Apr 7, 2013 2:20 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, I went into this with only having seen the preview and knowing nothing else, this one easily tops the list at being one of the most promising series this season. It's simply amazing!
Apr 7, 2013 2:24 PM

Apr 2013
Holy fuck the first few minutes and the last few were insane.. never heard of the manga so I'll probably read it given all the great reviews it has. This could be the anime of the year let's hope it doesn't develop like SAO and go downhill.

Animation/Art- incredible hopefully they keep it good and don't resort to bad animation for 1-2 episodes due to budget..
OST - good epic music!
Story - don't know the whole plot at the moment, but it looks promising.
Characters - intrigued by this aspect..I know they're only kid atm I wonder how they'll grow up especially since Mikasa is the only badass of the 3 atm
KneelBeforeMeApr 7, 2013 2:45 PM
Apr 7, 2013 2:27 PM

Apr 2013
sagdashin said:
my body was not ready

same.. that last scene left me speechless and clueless for about 15 minutes of what I just had witnessed.
Apr 7, 2013 2:34 PM

Aug 2009
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I didnt think this show would be so good, but that was amazing!

I havent been impacted so much by a pilot with this much intensity in a LONG TIME

I cannot wait for the next episode!!! *__*
Apr 7, 2013 2:37 PM

Jul 2012
Welp, guess I'm picking this up seeing all the comments and praise.
Apr 7, 2013 2:44 PM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
this is fucking epic
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Apr 7, 2013 2:47 PM

Mar 2013
taim said:
I completely forgot I wanted to watch it! I'm glad I picked it up, it looks like really great concept. I hope the execution will be awesome as well (so far, it is).

There are a few scenes in the OP that are from the manga so it's very possible they'll be sticking close to the source material, which is just as awesome as the anime. If anyone can't wait for the next episode go read the manga because you won't be disappointed in the least :)
Apr 7, 2013 2:51 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
Ranked 23 and people loving it and it just one episode. Weird. Why people just wait and then rate it? It does no deserved to be 23 yet.
Damn theese bodies are scary. That one man looks like Kratos from god of war holy crap!
4/5
Apr 7, 2013 3:03 PM
Mar 2012
Wow those visuals were stunning and the those Titans were really frightening.
The lack of skin on their faces..ugghh.

I hadn't read the manga so I didn't know what to expect, so far seems very promising.
Apr 7, 2013 3:04 PM

Nov 2012
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
Ranked 23 and people loving it and it just one episode. Weird. Why people just wait and then rate it? It does no deserved to be 23 yet.
Damn theese bodies are scary. That one man looks like Kratos from god of war holy crap!
4/5

totally agree with you dude...
it just aired for ONE EPISODE yet has got #23 on MAL ranking,
are all those people retards or what ?
Apr 7, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2009
ranzero said:
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
4/5

Does it matter? It's only temporary after all. People will adjust their ratings accordingly when more episodes air.
Apr 7, 2013 3:08 PM

Jul 2011
ranzero said:
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
4/5

Why all this drama? Do you know people can change the vote whenever they want?

But what I hate the most are those who do a review after only the first episode...
Apr 7, 2013 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Great introductory episode. The character designs kind of reminds me of hellsing.
Apr 7, 2013 3:09 PM

Dec 2009
I... wow... I didn't expect it to be THIS good. I'm shaking and having tears for some reason. No idea why. This was intense.

This is one of the strongest opening episodes I have ever seen.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 7, 2013 3:10 PM

Dec 2010
best first episode I've ever seen.
Apr 7, 2013 3:10 PM

Jan 2012
ranzero said:
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
4/5

I rate a show when it comes out but I agree with you too. I have never rated a show 10 after one episode. It just can't show me enough to deserve that. A small group of people here though (I've seen a few) only rate things 1 or 10. I'm pretty sure it's this group plus the fact a lot of people don't rate early that make this happen.
Apr 7, 2013 3:15 PM
Nov 2009
This shit has been hyped up for a while now lol but it was a great start.

That ending was so depressing damn..5/5.
Apr 7, 2013 3:15 PM

Jun 2010
ainky said:

But what I hate the most are those who do a review after only the first episode...

I'm really surprised the mods are not removing them immediately. After all of that new rules and guidelines.

ReasonDesu said:

I rate a show when it comes out but I agree with you too. I have never rated a show 10 after one episode. It just can't show me enough to deserve that. A small group of people here though (I've seen a few) only rate things 1 or 10. I'm pretty sure it's this group plus the fact a lot of people don't rate early that make this happen.

I don't even think its right to rate a show until it ends...
Apr 7, 2013 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
-MgZ_ said:
ainky said:

I'm really surprised the mods are not removing them immediately. After all of that new rules and guidelines.

They actually removed like 10+ 10 hours ago or so (which was all of them.)
Apr 7, 2013 3:18 PM

Feb 2013
I had not finished but 5 minutes and I already knew this was a keeper. I have never read the manga or anything, so I went into this totally cold, and I have to say that I was very, very impressed.
The animation, music, plot, characters, OP/ED, everything was just awesome. This is 9/10 for me.
Apr 7, 2013 3:24 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome first episode they adapted it really well from the manga.
Apr 7, 2013 3:27 PM

Feb 2012

Pretty baller first ep. Definitely one of the top shows to watch for this season so far.
Apr 7, 2013 3:27 PM

Jan 2012
-MgZ_ said:

I don't pretend to be some kind of critic, the only reason I rate thing and the only scale I base my ratings on are on my enjoyment. I rate a show when it comes out and it often changes while it's airing. I'll then weigh the show up at the end and give my final rating. Unless you are some kind of profession critic why would you be so serious?
ReasonDesuApr 7, 2013 3:33 PM
Apr 7, 2013 3:29 PM

Aug 2011
Srsly dat ranking... dafuq MAL?
Apr 7, 2013 3:34 PM
Aug 2012
ReasonDesu said:
-MgZ_ said:

I don't pretend to be some kind of critic, the only reason I rate things and the only scale I base my reviews on is how much I personally enjoy a show. I rate a show when it comes out and it often changes while it's airing. I'll then weigh the show up at the end and give my final rating. Unless you are some kind of profession critic why would you be so serious?
He was just stating his opinion, seriousness has nothing to do with it.

For what it's worth, i change my rating after each episode as well, so it's more accurate to the broadcast time.

It's just a difference of opinion.
nnangleApr 7, 2013 3:39 PM
Apr 7, 2013 3:41 PM

Jun 2007
This is now one of the few anime this season that I am interested in, I look forward to more.

But if this kid goes soft and doesn't kill shit, I will drop this 100%.
LeondreApr 7, 2013 4:05 PM
Apr 7, 2013 3:47 PM

Jan 2012
nnangle said:

For what it's worth, i change my rating after each episode as well, so it's more accurate to the broadcast time.

Yeah sorry I was probably a little quick to get on the defensive, a bad trait of mine *_* I mean nothing harsh though. I just see no issue with rating early as long as you are being genuine.
Apr 7, 2013 3:48 PM

Feb 2009
Human race worse nightmare: no longer at the top of the food-chain. Worse way to die, being eaten *shudder*
Apr 7, 2013 3:55 PM
Aug 2012
ReasonDesu said:
nnangle said:

Yeah sorry I was probably a little quick to get on the defensive, a bad trait of mine *_* I mean nothing harsh though. I just see no issue with rating early as long as you are being genuine.
We're all on-edge after all the Aku no Hana Discussions.. >.>

No harm done.
Apr 7, 2013 4:00 PM

Mar 2013
Just watched and I feel weird...like all over. It's a sense of hopelessness I've never experienced before, and the shame is I think I enjoyed it on some level. Absolutely watching this series in full, and if it ends well I'll check out the manga.
Apr 7, 2013 4:08 PM

Oct 2007
GoldenBRS said:
Good episode.
4/5

I usually wait till 3-5 episodes are out and I've sunk myself into the vibe of the show before I start assigning any temporary ratings which usually will fluctuate throughout a show till it's inevitable end, but then again I think I'm a lot more patient and cautious than most people.
Apr 7, 2013 4:11 PM

Mar 2012
Whoa, that was crazy. I got completely enveloped in the sense of desperation and fear of the situation. That was just intense.
I can't wait to see where this show will go.
Apr 7, 2013 4:14 PM

Jul 2012
I like how everyone thinks this is so good (which it is) and they haven't even seen the true epicness of the series. You haven't seen how epic Mikasa is, you haven't seen one of my fav, characters or not that many characters at all, and you haven't seen how truly gruesome it can get. Sure you guys saw the mom's death but it gets worse.

So trust me, if Production IG can stay faithful to the manga, keep up this level of animation, and of course don't do an original ending/end in the middle of an arc, this will definitely deserve the 23rd rank it has one day. It doesn't right now since there's been fucking 1 episode but yeah, one day!
Apr 7, 2013 4:23 PM

Jul 2011
MDLimit said:
I like how everyone thinks this is so good (which it is) and they haven't even seen the true epicness of the series. You haven't seen how epic Mikasa is, you haven't seen one of my fav, characters or not that many characters at all, and you haven't seen how truly gruesome it can get. Sure you guys saw the mom's death but it gets worse.

So trust me, if Production IG can stay faithful to the manga, keep up this level of animation, and of course don't do an original ending/end in the middle of an arc, this will definitely deserve the 23rd rank it has one day. It doesn't right now since there's been fucking 1 episode but yeah, one day!

This is what we all hope.
Pages (32) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1652 by savvyOW »»
May 2, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Hickykissy - Apr 13

3 by Hickykissy »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.