Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2013 9:43 PM

Jan 2010
Homestuck said:
I kept trying to figure out what language they were speaking only to learn it was made up maouspeak... sneaky anime.

Also Supersize Me has to be one of the most obscure references I've ever heard an anime make.

Tell me about it, I was legitimately taken aback by that one.

KaiserNazrin said:
Well, that was a great episode. The demon lord work at Mcdonald lol. How did they suddenly know how to speak Japanese btw?

Funny how the Demon Lord isn't heartless and lend a girl his umbrella. Turn out that girl is the hero that tried to slay him. What a twist.

I feel like...well, first of all, they seem to have already been there for quite some time by the end of this episode, so I'm sure they've had time. Second, I think they were speaking in their own language most of the time, but that when they were alone they were being filtered so the audience didn't have to read subtitles for no reason.

I hope the other three generals make an appearance of some sort, if not eventually warping to Earth and getting stuck in Lord Maou's rut, then by having continued the war in his absence and eventually deciding they didn't need him, effectively becoming the series' antagonists.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 4, 2013 9:44 PM

Jan 2011
when i first saw this was thinking *oh i guess this is a comedy from the looks of it* but those first few mins lol wonder if it will continue to have serious bits while still keeping the humor Maou ika musume?.

also found it funny that the roles of Maou and Yuusha were swapped from last seasons Maoyuu.
Apr 4, 2013 9:49 PM

Aug 2012
That freaking language i swear lol..

Pretty damn funny, I definitely like the humor. Doesn't try too hard but is witty in its own way. Things like the scene when Maou gave the umbrella to Yusa and then shot out into the rain on his bike screaming "It's so cold!"...that's the kinda shit that makes me smile.

This Maou kicks the last Maou's ass already.
Apr 4, 2013 9:55 PM

Mar 2012
I'm liking the way this series started out. Just as Sadao's getting used to the real world Emilia shows up. Can't wait to see this unfold.
Apr 4, 2013 9:56 PM

Dec 2011
The first three minutes were really intense and then it suddenly jumped to a comedy. Other than that I thought it was funny and I liked it, especially their language and how they adapted to Japanese.
Apr 4, 2013 10:01 PM

Jul 2011
His character did a little personality change there
Apr 4, 2013 10:08 PM
Feb 2013
Best start I've seen this anime season so far.

I expected nothing less out of White Fox
Apr 4, 2013 10:21 PM

Sep 2011
Interesting first episode, definitely one of the better first episodes this season.
Apr 4, 2013 10:25 PM

Nov 2012
what ridiculous language cant understand a thing its like a combination of german frech and english
its so funny as expected cant wait for the next one
Cheers,
CrossRyuu
Apr 4, 2013 10:29 PM

Oct 2012
Lol, love that maou language. I wonder how they came up with it, or did they just ask the va's to speak jibberish? Hilarious episode. This was definitely a great episode. Much better than I thought
Apr 4, 2013 10:30 PM

Dec 2012
KATSUU DUM ; also, Holy Potter

that is all.
:(
Apr 4, 2013 10:38 PM

Feb 2011
I couldn't help but laugh throughout the rest of the show after they arrived in Tokyo. Loved the Harry Potter movie reference in the background, the Supersize Me mention, Katsu-dum, and of course the "Taxi Magic." And that Maou language made from other foreign words, priceless. xD
Apr 4, 2013 10:58 PM

Sep 2011
HeavenlyUser said:
That was good. I enjoyed this series can't wait til the next episode.

So much good this season around and so much more to come~

So true, and this show is BEAST!!! LMAO @mcdonalds super size me reference hahahha
Apr 4, 2013 11:08 PM

Jul 2010
CrossRyuu said:
what ridiculous language cant understand a thing its like a combination of german frech and english

It sounded like half German half gibberish to me so I ended up dubbing it Gerberish.

Nothing can change my mind at this point, demons speak Gerberish
Apr 4, 2013 11:41 PM
Oct 2010
That was funnier than I expected. So far so good.

Homestuck said:
CrossRyuu said:

It sounded like half German half gibberish to me so I ended up dubbing it Gerberish.

Nothing can change my mind at this point, demons speak Gerberish

It sounded like a Japanese mocking a foreigner. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 4, 2013 11:41 PM

Dec 2007
Wow, that was pretty funny! And LOL to Holy Potter and Supersize me reference :D
Apr 4, 2013 11:51 PM

Jan 2011
Wow first episode and now I'm craving for more. This anime left me a great impression and I hope it maintains that quality through out the whole season. Definitely one of the enjoyable anime's this season.
Apr 4, 2013 11:57 PM

Aug 2012
Show of the season.
Apr 5, 2013 12:02 AM

Jan 2011
Oh and can anyone confirm if Chisaki is voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki? Sounds awfully like her.
Apr 5, 2013 12:13 AM

Sep 2012
Raniero said:
Omnizohar said:
Oh and can anyone confirm if Chisaki is voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki? Sounds awfully like her.
If you mean Chiho Sasaki then no, Her voice actress is Touyama Nao
Yeah, Touyama Nao, the voice of choice for loli or loli-looking character.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 5, 2013 12:27 AM

May 2012
o man what language were they were using
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 5, 2013 12:28 AM

May 2012
Right now this is definitely my top pick for the season. Different story from what I normally see, and I really like the characters. Getting a bit of a Saint Onii-San vibe from it too.
5/5 first episode, hope the rest follow.
Apr 5, 2013 12:34 AM

Jul 2011
Reminds me of american movies, where a fantasy character is being transported to Earth and everything is "WOW' for them. Except even I can tell between Japanese and whatever that other language.

They kept switching from Speaking Japanese to that other language, back and forth, and at the end they just talked Japanese for the rest of the episode.

Also they got adapted quickly, they could of made do with them just trying to adapt into one episode, and then whatever else happened later..But I guess.

It did seem a little bit rushed. So far both male characters seem pretty cool, as in alright and likable.

The girl with long red hair turns out to know Maou from his world. So is she from his world too? Or what?

I guess I'll find out later.

And apparently, according to users before me, they are doing some characters the same as some other anime. And that other anime is a demon woman and a human male. But here they are both demon turned human...which is the real story, and what characters or story are both anime based on?
I guess I will do the research on my own.

Anyways I will keep watching this, and see how it goes.
Apr 5, 2013 12:36 AM

Jul 2011
very good and actually funny.
講廢話,被撞到.
Apr 5, 2013 12:48 AM

Sep 2012
MoonxArtemis said:
Reminds me of american movies, where a fantasy character is being transported to Earth and everything is "WOW' for them. Except even I can tell between Japanese and whatever that other language.
I can definitely see similar premise being used in a Hollywood comedy movie, though I am sure a lot of the humor would be different in an American production.

MoonxArtemis said:
They kept switching from Speaking Japanese to that other language, back and forth, and at the end they just talked Japanese for the rest of the episode.
I believe they are talking in Maou language when Maou and Lucifer talk among themselves, but for us to understand the Japanese dub is heard. It is the same in Suisei no Gargantia, when there are two different languages spoken but when the characters talk in one language with each other, we always hear Japanese.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 5, 2013 12:56 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. I love how serious it started and turned into comedy in the end. LOL at their words. Wonder what language is it... and the hero is stuck in the human world??? Interesting!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2013 1:04 AM

Oct 2012
Haha. I love the manga and so far I like the anime :) The ED was pretty cool too

Apr 5, 2013 1:12 AM

Apr 2013
Following!!!
Because of the way they speak to each other.
And this

More crazy pronunciations please!
Hero fanservice in the next episode, can't miss it.
Apr 5, 2013 1:13 AM

Jun 2011
WOW
this first episode really surprised me.
wasnt expecting nothin from it
Apr 5, 2013 1:16 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Khatsu... dum LMFAO!!!!

Killed me. I don't even know why it was so funny, but it tickled the crap out of me. My sides still hurt. I played so many different parts back that it almost took me forty minutes to watch it.
Apr 5, 2013 1:21 AM

Mar 2013
As much as I liked it some things don't make sense:

- How did they learn Japanese so quickly? They go from mumbling their gibbberish language in one scene to fluent Japanese in the next. Magic is ruled out because it's limited, so a timeskip?
- There's just too much of a contrast between the Satan seen in the beginning and the Satan who ends up working in MgRonalds. I get that this is a comedy but it would have been awesome to see the Satan from the beginning trying to act like a commoner; that, to me, would have been more believable.

Either way, it was a great first epi. Wasn't expecting to like it so much but it was hilarious and much better than the crap I've been watching recently.
Apr 5, 2013 1:25 AM

Jan 2010
This could be fun. I'm always happy to hear Hikasa Yoko with a decent role, even though we only got to hear one line. We'll see if Sawashiro's role is any good as well. She hasn't had many serious roles lately. Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 5, 2013 1:28 AM

Sep 2012
SummerYoung said:
- How did they learn Japanese so quickly? They go from mumbling their gibbberish language in one scene to fluent Japanese in the next. Magic is ruled out because it's limited, so a timeskip?
In the bank I think, Maou told Lucifer that Japanese language is easy to master.

Apr 5, 2013 1:29 AM

Jun 2012
Wow, great start! The comedy is great, and I really like the character design!

I have a good feeling about this series ^^

5/5.

Apr 5, 2013 1:36 AM

Jan 2011
Khatsu-dum!
Lol they sound like they're speaking Russian or something. It's kinda weird though how they alternate between their demon language and Japanese when they're by themselves. :/
Apr 5, 2013 1:43 AM

Oct 2012
The first 5 mins was tense and I thoguht this was going to be a bad ass version of Maou Yuusha, they're very similar with the hero, mage and co against the demon king.
It turns out it's probably going to be another comedy type with little action.
Apr 5, 2013 1:47 AM
Aug 2011
SummerYoung said:

The main character is a demon king...why are you expecting any sense in the first place lol?
Apr 5, 2013 1:53 AM

Mar 2013
parfaited said:
SummerYoung said:

The main character is a demon king...why are you expecting any sense in the first place lol?

Heh, good point
Apr 5, 2013 1:55 AM

May 2008
Katsu~DUNN HAHA i laughed for awhile there . Kind of expected that the girl would be the hero oh well PAY RISE WOOOHOOO.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 5, 2013 2:01 AM
Apr 2012
I'm lovin it already. "Holy Potter." .__. Lol
Surprisingly interesting. Can't wait for next episode!
Apr 5, 2013 2:06 AM

Feb 2011
This was a boss episode . Great animation , I love Maou .
Apr 5, 2013 2:25 AM

Jul 2012
It was fun. I'll be watching it ;D
Apr 5, 2013 2:37 AM

Oct 2011
Surprisingly fun one.
Evolution of Maou's attitude was so realistic - from ruling the world to being first in chain store competition.
Well, at least he still has some ambitions.
Apr 5, 2013 2:47 AM

Apr 2012
Animation is great.
I love the art.
The comedy is really great.

... And I think they redid the whole scene in the PV from episode 1? The PV's art actually looked even better than the real thing.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Apr 5, 2013 2:50 AM

Mar 2012
What was just I watch? Was I affected by that giberrish language? And why did hero following maou to earth? Despite all this weirdness I'm going to stick with this a while longer.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 5, 2013 2:54 AM

Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:
And why did hero following maou to earth?
To eliminate him of course. Isn't it the least weird part of the story?

Apr 5, 2013 2:57 AM

Nov 2009
Exceeded my expectations in more than one way!

I hope that the quality stays on this level till the end.
Apr 5, 2013 2:57 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
And why did hero following maou to earth?
To eliminate him of course. Isn't it the least weird part of the story?
As expected I'm affected by that giberrish language to find this strange.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 5, 2013 3:43 AM

Aug 2009
nano Ripe !!!!!
Apr 5, 2013 4:12 AM

Feb 2013
I gave the anime a shot because I saw that Yoko Hikasa was voicing the heroine.
Damn, I was surprised at how funny it was.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

621 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

345 by foofooplay »»
Mar 21, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

328 by NutsTheBerker »»
Mar 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

374 by Ailastara »»
Feb 26, 3:30 PM

» Will there be a season 2?

Sir_Alonne - Dec 1, 2017

21 by 88NickC »»
Jan 11, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.