Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
66.9%
4Liked it!
24.0%
3It was OK
7.1%
2Disliked it
0.8%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.6
1,219 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2013 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, I noticed the "serious atmosphere" but found the whole episode to be amusing. I'm kinda surprised they introduced one of the characters a bit earlier than I thought though as she was supposed to just appear around chapter 6 from the manga.

Well, the episode also reminded me a bit of Maoyu with two of the main characters. Oh and this character is funny to watch in the episode imo:

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. Lol @ the priceless face of Sadao at the end. Priceless.
Apr 4, 2013 6:29 AM
Dec 2012
The first 3 mins was tense. But alas then it turned into a comedy.

It seems it's currently a trend to feature Maou and Yuusha in anime. Wonder which Maou will win popularity-wise.
Apr 4, 2013 7:20 AM

Sep 2012
An introductory episode. I expect to see more about reality of doing part-time job and contract work in later episodes (of course in a sort of comedy setting).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 4, 2013 8:48 AM
Jun 2008
This is amazing interesting.I never expected something like this would come from Dengeki comic ..
Apr 4, 2013 12:38 PM

Nov 2007
LOL. I didn't understand any of their language but it was win!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2013 2:16 PM

Mar 2012
wow it was as great as I expected. it was hilarious
Apr 4, 2013 2:30 PM
Oct 2009
OMG I love it!! Much funnier than I thought! The animation is really good, and at first I didn't like the character designs too much, but when I got to see them in action they felt actually just right!

Also, I think it's a very nice touch to have them start off speaking another language. It gives off a nice "other world" feel, and it provided a few good laughs, too!
Apr 4, 2013 5:26 PM

Mar 2013
Very funny, my smirk didn't fade until the episode ended. The way they threw random words of other actual languages into their made up language was very funny, especially if you understand Japanese (how foreign words are transliterated/pronounced in a syllabary language).
Liked the bit when the police walked up to them and thought they were just some foreigners...
Animation is splendid as expected of WHITE FOX (reminds me of the Rewrite OP).
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Apr 4, 2013 6:24 PM

Nov 2012
Liked the seriousness in the beginning, then became comedy when they came to earth.

Looking good so far.
Apr 4, 2013 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
I really liked how the episode started out very serious and intense with all the demon generals attacking the islands but ended up being a hilarious comedy. The fights in the beginning were amazing though; White Fox's animation never disappoints. I laughed so hard at the demon's language; it's pretty much gibberish. xD So now Maou works at MgRonald LOL! I liked how an earthquake occurred and the characters weren't even worried. So the the red-haired chick is Emilia the hero that attacked Maou! Oh man I'm looking forward to more episodes. :D
Also while watching the episode I kept thinking about Maoyu X Chuunibyou. xD
Apr 4, 2013 6:50 PM

May 2010
The hell? i was hella pump for the first five min, then it went down the drain. how do you go from Dark Lord to filping burger? that hella random, all that action to everyday joe. made for a good laugh tho, so i might stick around.

Like me try magic......... Taxi!!!!!!!!!!! random.
Apr 4, 2013 6:56 PM

Aug 2010
Lmao Alsiel: "It spoke?"
Apr 4, 2013 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
I actually found this anime quite appetizing. The first half of the episode was awesome. I'm a huge action/comedy kind of person. The whole thing is right up my alley in a way.

Anyone that loves comedy anime, give it a try. Lots of good laughs in the first episode, not to mention a plot twist right at the end.
Apr 4, 2013 7:01 PM

Feb 2012
That was good. I enjoyed this series can't wait til the next episode.

So much good this season around and so much more to come~
Apr 4, 2013 7:02 PM
Dec 2010
I like the anime it looks like it's going to be good BUT I kinda wished the anime was fully based on how it was in the beginning because it was really badass and so was the animation/music. Am I the only one that feels that way lol?
koolvidApr 4, 2013 7:13 PM
blaze it
Apr 4, 2013 7:04 PM

Jun 2012
One of the better premieres for a comedy I've seen in a while. The writing was snappy and the characters play off of each other well. Hope the source is able to keep the laughs up for the rest of the show.

It was pretty amusing trying to see a Demon King adjusting to Earth in the first half with his refined demeanor only to be crass and a little on the goofy side in the second half. Hard to believe that's the same character.
HybridMBLApr 4, 2013 7:11 PM
Apr 4, 2013 7:07 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, my surprise of the season came early this time around. Then again, Kotoura-san... maybe I'll reserve judgement on that position for now.

Still, great first episode.
Apr 4, 2013 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
Great first episode! I loved the way they adapted it into an anime c:

The first few minutes were filled with action packed scenes of epic proportion and then it spiraled into a hilarious comedy :D

I will surely be looking forward to watching this every week
Apr 4, 2013 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, not bad, more interesting than i thought. I'll read the first few volumes of the light novel
Apr 4, 2013 7:13 PM

May 2012
this is hilariously funny, their unknown language lots of fuck words in there :D .. their ignorance is funny,,definitely love this series.. :)

Apr 4, 2013 7:14 PM
Feb 2012
Really great
I don't think the manga had that much action in the beginning! Pretty sure this was only the first chapter too. Hope it doesn't end too soon.
Apr 4, 2013 7:16 PM

May 2012
This anime really impressed me. I found myself thoroughly entertained with this episode and I can't wait to see what happens next. This series looks like it will be a lot of fun!

Just on a side note, I think it's interesting how for two seasons now we've had anime featuring a demon king and a hero diverge from the presumed action genre, and take on a more comedic slice-of-life type feel. Maybe this is some kind of new category they wish to develop, kinda like how for the past few years they've kept on cranking out shows based on the Sengoku era! lol.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 4, 2013 7:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
One of the better premieres for a comedy I've seen in a while. The writing was snappy and the characters play off of each other well. Hope the source is able to keep the laughs up for the rest of the show.
'

Totally agree! I laughed so hard so many times in this episode XD Seriously, the comedy is great. This is even better than reading the manga, because you actually get to hear their weird language. The opening sequence was also very well done, though I suspect that's probably the only real action we'll be seeing. The ED has a very nice and sentimental feel to it. This is definitely something I'll be highly looking forward to every week ^^
Apr 4, 2013 7:22 PM

Feb 2012
That was hilarious, I now have high hopes for this show.

DON'T LET ME DOWN MAOU SAMA!
Apr 4, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2011
Will probably be one of the season's best.
Apr 4, 2013 7:27 PM
Jan 2010
That moment when Alsiel tried to use magic and called a taxi instead was hilarious. And the Holy Potter/Harry Potter reference! XD
Apr 4, 2013 7:27 PM

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Lol, I noticed the "serious atmosphere" but found the whole episode to be amusing. I'm kinda surprised they introduced one of the characters a bit earlier than I thought though as she was supposed to just appear around chapter 6 from the manga.

Well, the episode also reminded me a bit of Maoyu with two of the main characters. Oh and this character is funny to watch in the episode imo:

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. Lol @ the priceless face of Sadao at the end. Priceless.
I wouldn
Stark700 said:

I think that's the surprise of the season. I wasn't expecting it to be so funny and amazing.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Apr 4, 2013 7:31 PM

May 2012
eminagnam said:

It seems it's currently a trend to feature Maou and Yuusha in anime. Wonder which Maou will win popularity-wise.
My money is on the one with the boobs, but I still like this Maou.
Apr 4, 2013 7:47 PM

May 2010
lmao that was one hilarious episode! i love the characters and when they speak in their language it cracks me up :D cant wait to see more!

5/5
Apr 4, 2013 7:57 PM

Mar 2011
Funny series, gonna keep watching it for sure
Had fun watching Maou doing many earthly things
KHATSU-DUM!
Apr 4, 2013 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
fantastic first episode. will continue watching for now!
Apr 4, 2013 8:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kahtsu-Doom.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 4, 2013 8:05 PM

Jun 2011
I was actually disappointed in the beginning with the action-filled scenes. It didn't really capture my attention but luckily the atmosphere changed. I love the idea of those two being in the human world and of course the funny moments. 5/5
Apr 4, 2013 8:14 PM

Jul 2010
I kept trying to figure out what language they were speaking only to learn it was made up maouspeak... sneaky anime.

Also Supersize Me has to be one of the most obscure references I've ever heard an anime make.

StreetFighterApr 4, 2013 8:17 PM
Apr 4, 2013 8:18 PM

Aug 2011
It has more serious moments then I expected.
I don't remember the novel having so much serious moments until the latter chapters. I hope the anime will continue to be low on fan service like the original series is.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Apr 4, 2013 8:23 PM

Oct 2007
eminagnam said:

Yeah, I couldn't believe it was comedy at first with that epic opening.

And please yes if that is the current trend. I've wanted this kind of fantasy/adventure kind of stuff for ages. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and this anime wasn't what I expected it to be at first, but they are amazing enough that I can rewatch them. I rarely do this for other animes.
Bushido!
Apr 4, 2013 8:29 PM

Jun 2012
Apparently, people in Japan doesn't give a shit about earthquakes xD

Apr 4, 2013 8:31 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty funny show. I am about to get my raise so I understand his excitement.
[center]
Apr 4, 2013 8:38 PM

Sep 2011
Wow that was so much better than i was expecting, i laughed for most of it and when i wasnt i was widely entertained

Also i kind of like that ed.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 4, 2013 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
WhiteFox win. Great opening episode and I am definitely looking forward to more.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 4, 2013 8:42 PM

Sep 2012
Thought I was watching the wrong show for the first few minutes, but this was really funny. Really hope it continues to stay this way. This is labelled a romance so I'm pretty eager to see how they incorporate it in.
Apr 4, 2013 8:47 PM
Sep 2012
God this first episode was great.

It's so funny how much the main character is into working at a fast food restaurant.
Dreams, tears, and blood.
Apr 4, 2013 8:59 PM

Nov 2011
Well, that was a great episode. The demon lord work at Mcdonald lol. How did they suddenly know how to speak Japanese btw?

Funny how the Demon Lord isn't heartless and lend a girl his umbrella. Turn out that girl is the hero that tried to slay him. What a twist.

Apr 4, 2013 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
I thought i'd hate in during the first couple minutes.
But it turned out great.
Apr 4, 2013 9:08 PM

Jan 2011
I don't find it strange at all that the Dark Lord works at MgRonalds, but I thought he would probably be in upper management.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 4, 2013 9:14 PM

Aug 2012
A lot better than what I was expecting.
So funny! Really enjoyed the first episode.
Apr 4, 2013 9:27 PM

Dec 2011
Great 1st episode...will see how it will turns out
Apr 4, 2013 9:27 PM

Apr 2011
That was an awesome frist ep!
Apr 4, 2013 9:28 PM

Oct 2007
rodac said:
I don't find it strange at all that the Dark Lord works at MgRonalds, but I thought he would probably be in upper management.

I'm sure he'll make it up there one day due to his dedication, hard work and great observation skill as observed in the episode lol
Bushido!
Apr 4, 2013 9:38 PM
Aug 2011
They understood!
CALM DOWN, ALSIEL!!

Freaking loved this episode!

Too bad Maou didn't stay looking like what he did in the demon world. Both of them looked awesome. XD
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

621 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

345 by foofooplay »»
Mar 21, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

328 by NutsTheBerker »»
Mar 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

374 by Ailastara »»
Feb 26, 3:30 PM

» Will there be a season 2?

Sir_Alonne - Dec 1, 2017

21 by 88NickC »»
Jan 11, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.