Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2015 11:02 AM

Feb 2013
yeah, actually there is soo many hints about everything all the time + everything is well explained in this anime,
marias daughter didnt die because of a plot hole. it was logic she thought she is a rat -> death feedback
arrows didnt kill any rats -> she just stopped them in midair so her army can kill them ... btw
what else can be claimed to be a plothole ?
i have no ideas
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Oct 23, 2015 10:20 PM
Jun 2014
I would have enjoyed a discussion on the plot holes, but I'm not going to when people are going to be dismissive about it.
Oct 23, 2015 10:27 PM

Jul 2012
myronator said:
I would have enjoyed a discussion on the plot holes, but I'm not going to when people are going to be dismissive about it.

List them, and the fans can debunk it. It's not called "dismissing"
Oct 24, 2015 8:42 AM

Sep 2014
At some point earlier in the series it became clear that the Queerats were the descendants of the remaining humans, though it was properly revealed at the perfect time with logical reasoning behind how it came to be.

In my opinion, Shinsekai Yori was solid from start to finish. There were no dramatic plot twists but instead numerous hints were given and everything was explained in due time.

The overall setting was brilliant and made the story intriguing right from the beginning. The actions of each character had valid reasons behind them, no party was necessarily "wrong", just acting towards what was just in their own minds.
Mirai, zura~!
Oct 24, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
mayukachan said:
myronator said:

List them, and the fans can debunk it. It's not called "dismissing"

Exactly.
You still havent mentioned anything that you considered to be a plot hole.
Nov 2, 2015 12:45 PM

Mar 2015
I have a problem rating this one.
9/10 or 10/10????

IMO, This is the example of how a great anime should be.
I enjoyed all the episodes, but sometime the animation in certain parts disappoint me.
But beside that, everything else was done right.

I wanted to nitpick about some plot detail but screw it. Right now, I need a rest.

Nov 2, 2015 11:19 PM
Jul 2010
devinder said:
Pretty good but didn't like the show as much after the time skip. The use of Shun's character this late into the series was cheap.

I think it works for Shinsekai yori though, humans were able to change and cause things to evolve due to their consciousness. Shun's consciousness was extremely powerful. The trope wasn't done perfectly but better than most series that attempt it.
Nov 4, 2015 7:54 AM

Feb 2013
GuidedCursor said:
I have a problem rating this one.
9/10 or 10/10????

IMO, This is the example of how a great anime should be.
I enjoyed all the episodes, but sometime the animation in certain parts disappoint me.
But beside that, everything else was done right.

I wanted to nitpick about some plot detail but screw it. Right now, I need a rest.

well ofc the animation is not that great
A1 decided to invest into sao instead shinsekai yori, since it has more chance of beeing sold ^^

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Nov 14, 2015 3:24 AM

Nov 2015
Nice story but the ending .. Bahhhh! I say this not because it's sad (little consolation that saki and satoru are together, their friends are dead or missing), but because the story has several problems and inconsistencies. At least in my opinion.

First of all:

-What Happened to Mary and mamuru? How did the monster-rats then to get hold of their child, if we consider that mamoru and maria have both powers of telekinesis? (and it is unthinkable that two guys let themselves blow the child, from under the nose, whereas in any case would have wiped out entire colonies before you take it back.)

Others claim that would force maria and mamuru to have a child and then they dies. But as they would be captured as they have the power, as said before wiping out entire colonies?

This is the main problem. From which they derive the other.

- The fight between Shinsei and half-demon. Too trivial. Shinsei certainly can not take out a half demon, to deadly retaliation, but only if he uses telekinesis directly on the body of the half demon. His death occurred for crushing, or so it seemed but see Shinsei die like this, without opposing the telekinetic power opponent, it is not logical, as it could very well use telekinesis fit against his body to cancel the effect opponent.
I am traveling with the imagination, but in any case even if shin could not use telekinesis on the enemy could do it on objects close to him and manipulate the terrain, fire air etc. He could always try these elements, perhaps some hurling rocks etc, and deadly retaliation would only work, if he really killed the half demon. But it was a reasonable price to pay.

The half demon, although having unlimited power, was not invincible because he had blind spots, or if he saw / perceived enemies was defenseless against attacks from behind. In fact, when saki and satoru flee riverside half demon approaches but does not see them, and move on.

It was enough that anyone person in combat and half demon shin or shin himself, moving cpn telepathy, a stone behind the half demon, sending it at a speed more than enough to smash his head. The demon in his blind spot would not notice as he was distracted on the fighting and died instantly. Shin would die for deadly retaliation and would save the village.

In the final revelations says satoru that monster rats are none other than human powers without genetically recombined with those of rats. Do you know what a surprise, I had sensed from the beginning, but I can not understand how all human beings have suffered this treatment. Typically someone will always saves the multitude.

History is good i vote 9 but the ending i vote 4 . I have expected something more "logical" (according to data from the anime).

Ok, nice to the final message. But it remains a bitter bad because they have found the solutions most trivial to get to that end. THE main problem is the story of maria and mamoru, and their child stolen by monter rats.
SamueleNov 14, 2015 3:29 AM
Nov 14, 2015 4:51 PM

Feb 2013
Samuele said:
Nice story but the ending .. Bahhhh! I say this not because it's sad (little consolation that saki and satoru are together, their friends are dead or missing), but because the story has several problems and inconsistencies. At least in my opinion.

First of all:

-What Happened to Mary and mamuru? How did the monster-rats then to get hold of their child, if we consider that mamoru and maria have both powers of telekinesis? (and it is unthinkable that two guys let themselves blow the child, from under the nose, whereas in any case would have wiped out entire colonies before you take it back.)

Others claim that would force maria and mamuru to have a child and then they dies. But as they would be captured as they have the power, as said before wiping out entire colonies?

This is the main problem. From which they derive the other.

- The fight between Shinsei and half-demon. Too trivial. Shinsei certainly can not take out a half demon, to deadly retaliation, but only if he uses telekinesis directly on the body of the half demon. His death occurred for crushing, or so it seemed but see Shinsei die like this, without opposing the telekinetic power opponent, it is not logical, as it could very well use telekinesis fit against his body to cancel the effect opponent.
I am traveling with the imagination, but in any case even if shin could not use telekinesis on the enemy could do it on objects close to him and manipulate the terrain, fire air etc. He could always try these elements, perhaps some hurling rocks etc, and deadly retaliation would only work, if he really killed the half demon. But it was a reasonable price to pay.

The half demon, although having unlimited power, was not invincible because he had blind spots, or if he saw / perceived enemies was defenseless against attacks from behind. In fact, when saki and satoru flee riverside half demon approaches but does not see them, and move on.

It was enough that anyone person in combat and half demon shin or shin himself, moving cpn telepathy, a stone behind the half demon, sending it at a speed more than enough to smash his head. The demon in his blind spot would not notice as he was distracted on the fighting and died instantly. Shin would die for deadly retaliation and would save the village.

In the final revelations says satoru that monster rats are none other than human powers without genetically recombined with those of rats. Do you know what a surprise, I had sensed from the beginning, but I can not understand how all human beings have suffered this treatment. Typically someone will always saves the multitude.

History is good i vote 9 but the ending i vote 4 . I have expected something more "logical" (according to data from the anime).

Ok, nice to the final message. But it remains a bitter bad because they have found the solutions most trivial to get to that end. THE main problem is the story of maria and mamoru, and their child stolen by monter rats.

will answer them :D
1st. squealer saved them from a tained cat (its in the novel, when their child was born they killed them while they slept, since they were trusted by them)

he cant kill the half demon, since when he tries to kill him he starts to get nervrous sweats and its just not possible with the genetic, only possible way of killing smn is like the doctor did by things like poison, which doesnt feel like directly killing someon.

in fact, everything is logical here. and how it works

Nov 15, 2015 8:05 AM

Nov 2015
Smooki said:

will answer them :D
1st. squealer saved them from a tained cat (its in the novel, when their child was born they killed them while they slept, since they were trusted by them)

he cant kill the half demon, since when he tries to kill him he starts to get nervrous sweats and its just not possible with the genetic, only possible way of killing smn is like the doctor did by things like poison, which doesnt feel like directly killing someon.

in fact, everything is logical here. and how it works

1) Ok now be explained. I do not understand why they did not see in the anime is a very important event. And they have not even reported in any way, so that this is one of the fundamental doubts watching the anime.

2) To Shinsei. Well from what I understood from the anime, the "deadly retaliation" occurs when you kill someone, not by simple intention.

If the definition is correct you just hit behind the demon (in his blind spot) with a rock (the size of a walnut), using telekinesis and take good speed (for example 90 km / h).

Technically upon reaching the optimum speed, and directed against the target, he can stop with telikinesis and leave the rock accomplish its trajectory. It is but an instrument. And that's it.

Shinsei after would die for "deadly retaliation" because conscious of having killed her.

P.s The monster rats were extremely lucky to kill marie and mamoru as they slept. Typically with a newborn they spend many sleepless nights, just because the child always needs :)
SamueleNov 15, 2015 8:16 AM
Nov 16, 2015 6:12 AM

Feb 2013
It was explained, if it feels like killing something you cant even do it. It was explained that the 1 doctor in the past killed this fiend with poison and they tried to do the same, since it doenst feel like killing something directly which would be with a stone,

and they also said they found marias and mamorous bones ^^

Nov 18, 2015 2:51 AM

Nov 2015
Smooki said:
It was explained, if it feels like killing something you cant even do it. It was explained that the 1 doctor in the past killed this fiend with poison and they tried to do the same, since it doenst feel like killing something directly which would be with a stone,

and they also said they found marias and mamorous bones ^^

That was the inhibition from what I understand.

The deadly retaliation instead function when you have killed someone and not for simple desire to kill.

We consider that the village boss, they also had the intention to kill their children. Only that they used the monster cat, which are a tool to achieve that.

So deadly retaliation does not work for a simple will to kill.
we acknowledges that it is killing someone, only when the victim is hurt directly, because of you.

But as I said by "the expedient of stone" it would be possible to kill the demon without Shinsei suffer initial damage.

In fact, even if he had the intention to kill, it was not sure that would work as ceasing to use telekinesis on the "rock" although the path was right, wind can change and do make mistakes etc ..

And it is very questionable as what. In the final sakis he suffers because she sees the demon die. But she is convinced that she didn't kill the demon. Right or wrong, through the power of the mind-suggestion, you can convince yourself.

Shinsei would die because after the evidence of killing would "manifested". it is only thanks to the 'evidence that it works deadly retaliation.

(For example: it is obvious that I'm killing you because you have inflicted many wounds and you suffer a lot.)
But I'll give you another example ^^
Doctor ---> He wants to kill demon ----> used tool -----> Virus -------> kills demon
Shinsei --------> want to kill demon --------> tool uses ------> stone ------> kills demon
Who acted directly on the instrument? Doctor (by hand) --- Shinsei (via telekinesis)

The virus has acted for the doctor, and the stone for Shinsei (he use only telekinesis for
beginning of the trajectory). (The blind spot of the demon existed and I've already found.)

For what it seemed too trivial the fight.

So .. I can afford to write an alternate ending?
SamueleNov 18, 2015 2:58 AM
Nov 18, 2015 11:54 AM

Feb 2013
Need to rewatch it, but I think there is a point with not beeing to use telekineses to even killl someone indirect, I need to rewatch or reread it first, before I can answer for sure, since its already ages ago :D. But I am pretty sure there was something that doenst allow it.

Nov 25, 2015 4:01 PM
Aug 2009
Just finished and all i got to say is that someone should just bomb the whole planet.
We have people playing god in all kinds of messed up way.
It is a matter of time before they are straight up going to mess with the universe as well.
Dec 1, 2015 4:51 AM
Nov 2015
I was having a hard time deciding whether I would rate it an 8, 9, or, 10 about halfway through the last episode. But then, the bomb came.

That 23 chromosome pairs scene made me pause for a few minutes just to make up my mind and digest the situation.

The use of foreshadowing even from the beginning.
It would be interesting to find out what happens if:
- The first library terminal they found was able to tell them the true fate of the humans with no powers.
- Maria and Mamoru returned instead of being killed outside the town.
- Saki didn't stop the Psycho Buster from killing Satoru and the child.

For the last one, I assume Kiroumaru lives and we get a bad ending instead of a bittersweet one because Satoru died.
Dec 13, 2015 3:13 AM

May 2015
I can't say I liked Shinsekai Yori very much because quite a lot of the content felt unpleasant to watch/made me uncomfortable (it was heavy - much heavier than anything I've seen, and I particularly enjoy psychological animes), but I can appreciate that it was a good, thought-provoking anime. The random shipping within Group One also turned me off quite a bit.

Finishing ep 25 (post-flashbacks) made me cry unexpectedly, though. Feels I didn't know I had. Also I'd been heavily SakixShun-biased throughout the entire series and even considered dropping it post ep 10, so I was glad that Shun's spirit kept reappearing through Saki's memories.

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
Dec 18, 2015 2:54 AM

May 2013
Just wow. 10/10.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Dec 28, 2015 5:22 AM

Nov 2014
For last ep 5/5, whole show 9/10.
If those yaoi/yuri scene didn't exist, I'm sure I will give it 10.
Dec 29, 2015 2:45 PM
Apr 2015
That was ... really intense, terrifying, amazing. I... I just dont know what to think about it.
Its good but not for all in my opinion. 10/10 for brain washing 25 episodes.
Dec 31, 2015 8:57 PM

Feb 2013
Glad they did not pussy out unlike "Shiki" and gave death to characters that deserved it, I'm satisfied by the ending more or less.
Jan 4, 2016 8:14 PM

Nov 2015
Wow this anime was brilliant. Now I'm starting to wonder what our humanity will become several centuries into the future. We sure have come a long way. It was very interesting to see their way of life more simpler than their past.
Jan 5, 2016 6:24 PM
Mar 2010
Awesome show.

9/10 easily, cant give it a perfect score tho since i found the last 3-4 episodes rather predictable.
Jan 6, 2016 5:38 AM

Sep 2013
I have mixed feelings about this. I feel like some questions were left unanswered. Not to talk about Saki being annoying.

So yea, Squealer was right and the hints were all over the anime. Anyway, filthy humans are trash. Funny how they think they were all so nice with the rats. Oh, and the punishment they gave to Squealer just show how disgusting people in that village are. I don't sympathyze with anyone from there.
Jan 11, 2016 10:10 AM

Jan 2014
One of the few animes that actually ended with an ending that isn't "to be continued."

This anime has a "cinematic" feel to it throughout the whole series. That's what I like about it. Super slow pacing though and the story exposition through letters and libraries are a little "lame."

But seriously, the cinematic feel and style of the anime is amazing. I can easily adapt this into a movie with enough budget, but of course, it will have to be split up into at least two movies cause it's too long for one.

Anyways, I believe it ended in a great note with few to no loose ends.

However, how did the death feedback "reverse" to the Queerats on the "fiend"? I thought it was said that the death feedback is on them on a genome level. You can't just alter that by raising a child.
Jan 11, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2013
zeron824 said:
One of the few animes that actually ended with an ending that isn't "to be continued."

This anime has a "cinematic" feel to it throughout the whole series. That's what I like about it. Super slow pacing though and the story exposition through letters and libraries are a little "lame."

But seriously, the cinematic feel and style of the anime is amazing. I can easily adapt this into a movie with enough budget, but of course, it will have to be split up into at least two movies cause it's too long for one.

Anyways, I believe it ended in a great note with few to no loose ends.

However, how did the death feedback "reverse" to the Queerats on the "fiend"? I thought it was said that the death feedback is on them on a genome level. You can't just alter that by raising a child.

the deathfeedback was always that you get killed if you kill the same race that you are, but if you think you are a different race than killing your actual race wont offend you. I mean she has never seen a mirror before and grew up with the rats ^^

Jan 16, 2016 11:40 PM

Sep 2014
This series is so fucked up at so many levels. Probably one of the most depressing series I've ever watched. I guess the only reason I didn't cry my heart out is because Maria's death was pretty uncertain for quite some time and the series never gave me time to mourn her.

They could have made that hit really hard, but unfortunately they failed to do that. Still left a hole in my heart. The more I watched it, the harder it was to put it down... but it was painful and scary to going. And it still hurts.
Jan 23, 2016 5:35 PM

Sep 2015
Just... wow... This anime was just superb... Easily a 9/10 for me... Not a perfect score due to some minor problems at some episodes here and there, but watching this series was totally worth!!! I'll never forget this anime, I'm sure.
Jan 27, 2016 12:24 AM
Jan 2016
This anime's world and ideas where really innovative and interesting which is why I stuck with it tell the end. However, I gotta say that it was a huge disappointment and frustrating at times to watch. First off the plot does a 180 towards the end and focuses more on war than on the problems with the village. So it made the conclusion seem like the issues in the first maybe 16 episodes weren't resolved. I can get past this but, My god I don't think I've seen an anime with characters so bat shit dumb in my life. And in the end they didn't even realize it. Like O maybe we shouldn't have let Maria and the other guy leave the village and not tell anyone the TRUTH. Because ultimately they or there offspring could be used as weapons. Or o why are we listening to the mole human who looks the most suspicious and evil out of all of them. Just to many durp moments from each character. This made it extremely hard to care about anyone except for the mole people and squealer who pretty much outsmarted everyone. And in the end like how the fuck can you argue that they weren't slaves when they got a tattoo on their forehead that says so. An the ignorant village people still didn't learn their listen at all... And what happened to the hornets queen??? I doubt they let her live. Overall this was not good, but very interesting concept. Good soundtrack and atmosphere.
Jan 27, 2016 12:28 AM
Jan 2016
myronator said:
Well that was disappointing. The plot holes, inconsistencies, stupidity and lack of depth in the characters made this a very frustrating watch. I should have ignored the people who said it gets better and just dropped this. The show introduces nice concepts and then never goes into any depth. The atmosphere of the show, mainly due to the soundtrack was the best part. The saddest part is how much potential it had.

My thoughts exactly.
Jan 30, 2016 5:25 PM

Aug 2014
ahh my heart hurts. i have gotten attached to the series and the characters. although the pacing was off at times, the characters/plot/soundtrack make up for it.

i understand that only satoru and saki survived but i had hoped a gay relation of any form would as well. it felt like the f/f and m/m was only there as an experimentation phase and everyone ends up married or at least with kids.
Jan 31, 2016 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
Quite possibly the most depressing anime I've ever seen. The lack of attention to the characters who died is brutal. This anime really shows just how fucking dark humanity can get. Wow, I don't think I'll ever forget this story.
Feb 3, 2016 3:07 PM

Apr 2015
Obviously the people that didn't pay attention to the show will come out saying nonsense such plot holes, lack of characterization, or pacing being overused lol.

-Mastergold
Feb 8, 2016 12:46 AM

Aug 2013
Finally had time to watch and finish this show.
This was one of the best stories I've seen from an anime, it really digs deep into humanity and the different aspects of 'what ifs' in a society by showcasing the construct of their very own society. And it also demonstrates the potential danger for having two distinctive intelligent life forms living in the same world, and they did a fantastic job to present it in the anime

Hands down one of the deepest story in anime, had to change score from 9/10 to 10/10
Forgetful00Feb 13, 2016 1:28 AM
Feb 11, 2016 8:15 AM

Dec 2013
Wow that was a trip. 9/10 for me.
A real slow burner, but it shines eventually

Yes! Saki and Satoru get married :3 was sitting on that ship since the beginning of the anime.
Althought the ending in general left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
Feb 11, 2016 6:41 PM

Apr 2009
Novel TL will be finished soon.

新世界より (From the New World) is a futuristic sci-fi paranormal novel by Kishi Yusuke that was adapted into a two-cour anime in fall 2012. It follows the lives of a group of children living in a lush utopian society a millennium from now where everyone possesses the power of telekinesis. As they grow up, a number of incidents reveal that their society is not as idyllic as it appears.

Despite a couple art issues in the anime, it was a good story overall, and combined with the stellar soundtrack, became one of the most popular anime of the season. I found the world-building the most fascinating aspect of the story, and wanted to read more about it, but there were no translations out at the time. The prospect of an official translation was (and still is) rather dim, so I decided to just read it myself. These entries are an attempt to roughly translate the novel into English. If you have suggestions for the translations, please leave a comment!

Book Structure
The version I’m using is divided into three volumes, so the page numbers restart in each volume.

Part I – Season of New Leaves (Fully translated)

Part II – Summer Darkness (Fully translated)

Part III – Deep Autumn (Fully translated)

Part IV – Winter’s Distant Thunder (Fully translated)

Part V – Fires of the Apocalypse ((Fully translated))

Part VI – Beacon in the Dark (496/539 pages translated) 

http://shinsekai.cadet-nine.org

UTW eps 26 release endnotes hinting on the Source Material

The release of this episode concludes the 6-month ride of Shinsekai Yori! An what a great ride it has been. The adaptation could have been better (at least, that’s what all the novel readers have been telling me), but the story has been so fantastic throughout that I can safely say it’s one of the best series I’ve had the opportunity to watch and work on.

An inconsistency you will notice in this episode is that the Fiend is now referred to as a girl (the Fiend was male in the novels). We’ll of course fix the previous episodes accordingly for the batch.

valerauko (Translator): It was really nice to work on. I loved the novels great deal and the anime kept most of that charm too. Too bad there’ll never be a second season.
lygerzero0zero (TLC): It was a lot of fun working through the translational challenges the story presented and seeing scenes I’d read come to life. The books were still better though./

It had been translated at a normal pace of one page every other day with two native JP-EN Editors correcting mistranslation in the comment.

can't hardly wait
belmFeb 12, 2016 5:54 PM
Feb 11, 2016 7:50 PM

Jul 2012
@belm: Thank you for the info!

I'm excited to start reading ^_^
Feb 12, 2016 9:54 AM

Dec 2015
NiNjA_k said:
The story and background is one of the best I've ever came across. 10/10 for sure!

So in the end, it was actually the scientists who were the most ruthless out of the 4 groups of survivors. Turning all the non-PK humans into queerrats.

Just curious, how would you have dealt with the non-PK humans if you had to create a new world order?
Luciferio said:

Yes! Saki and Satoru get married :3 was sitting on that ship since the beginning of the anime.
Althought the ending in general left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Really? In the beginning of the series, I just thought Satoru had some sort of Shun-complex.
Feb 12, 2016 11:08 PM
Jan 2015
I need someone to fill my gap...

Are tainted cats still raised to hunt humans?
Feb 14, 2016 9:43 PM

Apr 2009
langosak said:
I need someone to fill my gap...

Are tainted cats still raised to hunt humans?

Looks like it because you can't undo a domesticated traits in one generation since it also took several generations to condition them to it (they're pitbull IRL) but i believe Saki & Satoru would do something about it. Heck even Saki got away scot free burning Squealer's living remains under the guise of a fit of rage and both she and Satoru were probably pretty high up there on the village hierarchy as Tomiko's descendant and successor/disciple.

I don't know if letting the cats hunt someone triggers your death feedback but you just need to be in denial or better yet convince yourself that the killing is for the greater good to avoid PK.

belmFeb 14, 2016 10:20 PM
Feb 16, 2016 7:16 PM

Dec 2012
Wow that was an amazing show, although I found the main characters very annoying and I wish they would have asked Squealer about Maria and Mamoru, it would have been fitting to hear from him what happened to them, even though we can more or less infer it
Feb 18, 2016 3:34 AM

Dec 2014
Deep. So deep that Adele can't fucking roll.

Feb 25, 2016 12:00 AM

May 2009
Please check out my review it on. Was an amazing series and the last episode was well done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWrvjt7tZTc&list=PLB24orXQAhwKFNZMgR7YRvpw8ipTaXxC_

Visit my anime review blog on TisLife.net and on YOUTUBE, thanks!
Feb 27, 2016 4:56 PM

Aug 2014
I hated this piece of shit Squelar, but i liked his character, he adds a lot to the series.
Also at the end of the episode, I kinda understood him about 25%.
Excellent Episode/Finale.
"Imagination has the power to change everything" - This is GOLD

-------------------
I'm tired to make a short review so i will just post the scores with some words next to them.
Animation - 7.5 (Acceptable, not amazing)
Art - 9 ( I loved those colorful landscapes )
Sounds - 10 (Nature sounds were amazing, Great OST, Great Voice acting)
Story - 10 (I found the pacing to be excellent, nice themes, original)
Characters - 8 (Great Development, personalities, other creatures like Squelar/Kiroumaru were well done, not very good traits but still good)
Value - 8 (Unique)
Enjoyment - 10 ( I loved it )

Rating : 9.2/10

Bonus ( Personal ): I liked the world-building so much, this world setting
(Dark/Fantasy) was really great. 12/10

My Final Rating : 9.55/10

Feb 27, 2016 8:12 PM
Jan 2016
I love the ending

Anyone here can give me list anime that "ending" same as this asnime?
Mar 3, 2016 7:50 PM

Apr 2009
530/539 translated pages for the last volume of SSY's novel

I secretly froze part of the corpse of a queerat near the farm. You might not know, but the Code of Ethics forbids the study and analysis of queerat DNA. Though I didn’t know why until now.”

“And what about it?” I asked, swallowing hard.

“I didn’t even have to sequence the DNA to find out. Queerats have 23 pairs of chromosomes, including sex chromosomes,” Satoru said, shaking his head slightly.

http://shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/page-515-516/

Mayuka said:
@belm: Thank you for the info!

I'm excited to start reading ^_^

Thanks for scanlating Mitsuami no Kamisama too
belmMar 17, 2016 6:18 PM
Mar 8, 2016 10:40 PM

Oct 2014
RIP Kiromaru :(

I really liked how not only did they establish Squealer's side, they also reinforced it in a different way with Kiromaru's explanation and had the main characters actually understand, in a way that the lines between the two sides, and between good and evil as they're shown, are drawn with lots of grey in between. I thought that was a pretty interesting perspective and was happy to see it. The torture Squealer endured was horrible, I was happy Saki showed him some mercy. The revelation about the DNA was a good one. Glad that Saki and Satoru remembered Shun as well.

Also happy to see Saki and Satoru end up together!

Bittersweet ending for sure, but it definitely fit. The use of time jumps was well done.

Overall I'd say 8/10. The story and world building were great, most of the characters were quite strong as well. The overall conflict was really interesting and I liked how it played out overall, though some sections, generally things from the first couple minutes of an episode, could seem rushed. Conversely, the slow burn at points / information dumps could get annoying, and the animation seemed lacking for a show as recent as this one. Additionally, I thought the OST was a bit lackluster overall. Not sure how I felt about no OP and there wasn't much in the department of background music either which I tend to pay attention too, though the ED was good. However, the story, characters, and world were good enough to give it a solid rating. The constant cliffhangers and mystery kept me coming back over and over!
jdimaria3Mar 8, 2016 10:47 PM
Mar 10, 2016 6:08 PM
Jan 2016
One question.
Akki killed Kiroumaru and died because "both are molerats", but didn't she kill many other molerats before ?
If I remember correctly she used her abilities to fight against Kiroumarus man. To stop the arrows and send them back. Why did she not die there ?
Mar 11, 2016 4:17 PM

Feb 2013
VodkaVladi said:
One question.
Akki killed Kiroumaru and died because "both are molerats", but didn't she kill many other molerats before ?
If I remember correctly she used her abilities to fight against Kiroumarus man. To stop the arrows and send them back. Why did she not die there ?

the arrows werent used, she just used her power to stop the arrows, she didnt kill any rats

Mar 18, 2016 6:13 AM

Sep 2014
Wait, there is one thing I don't get in the end...

When they discover Quierats are in fact humans, they all look horrified and in this instant, they realise they acted like monsters? I mean, before this new, we saw Quierats have intelligence, feelings, their own culture. But they're been slaughtered in mass (in a graphical death, by the way) and Squealer, leader of their rebellion has been judged by this shitty false "divine trial" and been punished by one of the worst death ever....

......And the protagonists have bad feelings for them only because they discover they're humans?!!!!

What kind of message is that shit?!!!! Because they're humans we have more empathy for them?!!

Please, give me a good explanation because It's just as horrible than this masquerade of Squealer Trial!!
Pages (27) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.