Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2013 2:48 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an honor to have Megum Hayabayashi (Rei in Evangelion) voicing the main character from the children's book (ehon). Heard that the anime staff actually designed the character specifically for her.

All in all very enjoyable 70 min I spent! Watching the Precure becoming the character in various western and Japanese legends and fairy tales is quite fun.
symbvMar 13, 2013 2:53 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 18, 2013 6:06 AM
Jun 2011
the movie has been english subbed and it was great much better then suite
Mar 18, 2013 7:38 AM

Sep 2012
Miyuki was the one at fault all along. I liked this idea. For one time we got a true background in a Precure movie with one of the main character.

It was a good movie overall, still prefer Futari's movies and Yes Precure 5's movies but this one was far better than Splash's, Suite's or Fresh's movies. On par with the Hearcatch's movie.
Mar 18, 2013 1:01 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
It was fun.

Time and again, I like how they all consistently act without hesitation - Miyuki sees somebody falling out of a theater picture screen and what does she do? She jumps up out of her seat to catch her.
Mar 19, 2013 12:15 AM

Nov 2011
A good movie it was. How I wish the show actually has as many action as the movie.

Mar 19, 2013 10:21 PM

Jun 2011
Wow the movie was quite enjoyable overall. Beating Suite Precure's movie by a landslide.
Mar 24, 2013 4:55 PM
Sep 2011
Really enjoyed this one. Nico is so cute I want to squeeze her.

Infinitely better than the Smile Precure TV series, better fights, better character development, better plot, the works.
Mar 24, 2013 6:06 PM

Jul 2012
I have so much "feel good" moments in this movie. I think even weep for a bit.. That hugging moment... Nico got her love and smiles.. And it makes me want to grin!

I agree with Link there... Though I think why the content in the movie is better is because they doubled the budget? I mean- Those who are Japan (especially the children) got the chance to watch in glorious big screen and had permision to dance at the end the movie? xD

I also confess that I bought a red lighter keyring (it was a freebie from a stand at a fair) and flash when Candy requests to light up for dying Miyuki's sake... (And be grateful that I am not bringing any references from a popular anime...)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Mar 25, 2013 2:22 PM

Apr 2009
Now, this was an enjoyable little movie.
I have never seen Smile because I only recently got into the whole franchise again, but the movie reminded me a bit of the old Futari Wa ones. If it's true that the tV series is worse than I shall avoid this season until I got caught up with other entries of the franchise. I don't want to be disappointed so soon after finishing this movie.
NidhoeggrMar 25, 2013 3:23 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 25, 2013 3:14 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
If it's true that the tV series is worse than I shall aboid this season until I got caught up with other entries of the franchise.
That's only some peoples' opinion.
Mar 27, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2007
I really like this movie. Is a long time that I enjoy at the full a precure movie (scince I saw yes precure 5 gogo movie, and thats before I saw Fresh! heartcatch and suite movies).
Mar 29, 2013 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
Way better than I expected. After the Suite Movie and the Smile Precure series I thought this would be painful to watch, but it was really enjoyable.
Feb 22, 2014 9:16 AM
Sep 2007
I can't believe I didn't recognize Megumi Hayashibara. :(
Aug 24, 2014 2:04 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Awesome. 9/10. I have no complaints.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Mar 24, 2018 5:26 AM

Apr 2012
that was damn great. 8/10.
Loved the fight scenes and the whole thing with Nico.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 2, 2018 3:14 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good movie! It did a nice job with the emotional scenes of Nico and Miyuki, I can understand how she felt after being forgotten when she could finally see the chance for an ending to her story, but now she will be able to finish it herself!

I liked quite a lot how the baddies from the stories came to help the Precure, even if it was for the sake to get their deserved screentime hehe.

That Demon Lord ended up being cute as fuck xD

Smiles protected, endings to be seen and a fun movie watched, 7.5/10 from my part.
Apr 21, 2022 1:55 PM

Feb 2020
Well, it was a good movie, but the first half was a little too messy.

I liked all those emotional scenes between Miyuki and Nico.

Demon King's true form was so cute. ^_^
Jul 6, 2023 3:57 PM

Jan 2021
I think this would have made a better plot for the show than what they went with. The villains in this were storybook themed, unlike the strange circus clown motif they used in the show. Nico wanted to give bad endings because she never got an ending of her own, and it all tied back into Miyuki. Unlike again, the clown that was just... there, for no real reason. The show could've been the wolf, oni, and witch causing problems in daily life like normal, then every couple episodes the cures have to go into a story book that was disorganized and set it straight, and it all leads up to the reveal and confrontation with Nico. Maybe it wouldn't have really worked stretched out for 48 episodes, but overall I liked this plot more than the show's and it tied in better with the story book themes. Great movie.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.