Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2013 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Dat Sibyl system..

Episode was alright. Nice to see Yuki and Kagari again somewhat in some of the scenes. I just hope Akane can put her words into action soon.
Mar 7, 2013 8:33 AM
Dec 2012
Wow shocking fact about Sibyl system! It appoints unbeatable criminals to conduct it whilst it removes innocent shepherds? Very paradoxical yet reasonable in a sense. It was a thought-provoking episode. The script writer did a good job. Well done.

The art of a breadbasket was impressive and realistic.
Mar 7, 2013 11:21 AM

Dec 2012
eminagnam said:
Wow shocking fact about Sibyl system! It appoints unbeatable criminals to conduct it whilst it removes innocent shepherds? Very paradoxical yet reasonable in a sense. It was a thought-provoking episode. The script writer did a good job. Well done.

The art of a breadbasket was impressive and realistic.

How is it shocking? LOL

We, the viewers, already knew this since like ep 17 or so. It only seems 'shocking' b/c Akane is finding out the reality of Sybil.

Although I was kinda sitll pissed that Akane would even still somewhat 'agree' w/ Sybil (though I can understand her position and was glad to see such emotions from her); I like how she did a bit of thinking like Kogami to work the situation in her favor. I think it was so pimp how she 'bargined' Kogami's freedom from execution like that.

Geez, this ep went by too damn FAST! Dammit, another week of waiting.....u_u
Mar 7, 2013 11:50 AM

Jun 2012
Akane I give you props for sticking for what you think is right and having your determination but that still doesn't change the fact that you're wrong : )

What a great episode into looking at the machinations of Akane's mind and her ideology. Is the price of admission for the kind of society Japan has worth free will? The main dilemma that has been at the center of this show since we were introduced to Sibyl.

I'm conflicted with Akane on whether I find her sympathetic or not currently. Unlike us viewers and Masaoka, Akane was born into Sibyl life and didn't have to go through the transition; as such her point of view is starkly different than the rest of the group. Also in Sibyl's way of life as exemplified in Kagari's flashback she's one of the few people who has the freedom to live as she chooses. An elite; it's hard for her to see the other side of the coin. But for me where she's walking on thin wire is that she's willing to keep Sibyl active all for the sake of one person, Kogami. Is she not being hypocritical of her hatred towards Sibyl? She's willing to compromise her morals to have Kogami live and Sibyl intact. Akane is justifying Kogami's life against people's ability to make choices while Sibyl justifies absorbing a couple minds to keep society at "peace"

That leads into a whole other topic of what "peace" is which I do not want to get into detail. In a very basic nutshell, if Japan's society in PP was able to achieve the kind of society they have without Sibyl I would consider that peace. All in all I'm very excited to see how these last two episodes play out.
HybridMBLMar 7, 2013 5:52 PM
Mar 7, 2013 12:59 PM

Jan 2013
Akane is finally showing some darker side. I loved that inner flashback thingie she had, thought I think it took a little more time than it should have had. 'Twas a little freaky seeing her acting all professional at the crime scene, especially seeing how Gino was dumbstruck at her XD.

Anyone else thinks Sibyl system won't live up to its end of the bargain?
Mar 7, 2013 1:03 PM

Oct 2010
shinezu said:

Anyone else thinks Sibyl system won't live up to its end of the bargain?

This and I can't wait for it to happen

3/5
Mar 7, 2013 1:04 PM

Apr 2011
New Ep was awesome as always *W*
Hmph and we have to wait whole week TT___TT
Akane and Kougami are made for each other, they are both clever, they understand each other and think the same way. >< I liked how she spoke in the car pointing that dominator at her chest. For te second time I thought she was cool (first was when she shot Kougami because Ginozas Dominator "broke")
Mar 7, 2013 1:07 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah no way Sibyl keeps its word and there is no way for Akane to counter it...or is there. Akane is going to be the one to determine the fate of Sibyl, and the country.
Mar 7, 2013 1:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
Akane I give you props for sticking for what you think is right and having your determination but that still doesn't change the fact that you're wrong : )

What a great episode into looking at the machinations of Akane's mind and her ideology. Is the price of admission for the kind of society Japan has worth free will? The main dilemma that has been at the center of this show since we were introduced to Sibyl.

I'm conflicted with Akane on whether I find her sympathetic or not currently. Unlike us viewers and Masaoka, Akane was born into Sibyl life and didn't have to go through the transition; as such her point of view is starkly different than the rest of the group. Also in Sibyl's way of life as exemplified in Kagari's flashback she's one of the few people who has the freedom to live as she chooses. An elite; it's hard for her to see the other side of the coin. But for me where she's walking on thin wire is that she's willing to keep Sibyl active all for the sake of one person, Kogami. Is she not being hypocritical of her hatred towards Sibyl? She's willing to compromise her morals to have Kogami live and Sibyl intact. Akane is justifying Kogami's life against people's ability to make choices while Sibyl justifies absorbing a couple minds to keep society at "peace"

Me too, I sometimes dislike Akane and her ideals (or actually, most of the time) so I haven't liked her much throughout the whole series, even if I do respect her for becoming an investigator and having such ideals about keeping peace. I've come to like her more though in this episode, seems like she's able to even stand up for her beliefs against the Sibyl System, to the point that she would point the dominator at herself. She's also really grown as an investigator, as Ginoza sees Shinya in her.

I also wonder about her decision to negotiate with the Sibyl System regarding keeping Shinya alive. In a way like you said, Akane is putting a higher value on Shinya's life than everyone's free will. I don't want him to die either, but honestly, the Sibyl System could kill him off anyways whenever they want. I don't think it's really possible to negotiate with them, and I sure as hell won't believe in their promise.
Mar 7, 2013 1:19 PM
Mar 2009
Ruling the world? What. Sibyl System is only used in Japan...

Another build up episode, but this one was more for Akane and her ideology with the importance Sibyl plays a part in with the current order.

Seems like Akane is starting to be able to think like Shinya who's thinking like Shogo.

So I guess Kagari is dead for sure now. Unless they really pull it out of their asses and he appears in the next two episodes.

Holy shit, Yayoi spoke more than two lines! It's a miracle!
Mar 7, 2013 1:33 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was amazing. Akane was great, I'm glad she's sticking to her guns. I seriously doubt Makishima's going to live after this finishes though.

NOO. SHUUSEI REALLY IS DEAD. I didn't want to believe it but. Fuck you Urobuchi sobsobsob

The flashbacks killed me. Tears everywhere.

5/5, Thursdays were always my favourite day of the week.
Mar 7, 2013 1:39 PM

Nov 2009
Better than the last episode. Akane developed. This was the highlight of the episode definitely. Other highlights are Ginoza seeing Kougami in Akane, Shogo in the fields (i imagined him smiling and jumping like a little kid there xD), then Kougami after him... so close... Mother of god o.O... ;_;

5/5
Mar 7, 2013 1:55 PM

Feb 2011
Next ep = EPIC
Mar 7, 2013 1:57 PM
Sep 2011
I loved the way Akane's inner conflict was visualized. It presented the dillema Akane is faced with very clearly and comprehensible.

On the one side the Sibyl System provides peace and harmony (which is supposedly uncommon in the rest of the world at that time) and provides the citizens a carefree life by thinking and making decisions for them, something most people seem to accept, willingly even so. Happy "sheeps" (as Makishima would call them) they may are but they're still happy nonetheless.

On the other side there is the true form of the Sibyl System, where asymptomatic dangerous criminals are not punished but rather elevated to be the leaders of the country, something that rubs Akane and with no doubt the majority of the audience the wrong way to say the least. Then there are also people like Kagari who draw the short strow and end up at the bottom of society without having done anything wrong, even though downsides can be applied to any systems if looking at them closely enough.

It's interesting to see that the Sybil System is striving for new ideas and concepts through the inclusion of individuals who are not bound by fixed views on morals and ethics in order to eliminate its flaws, questioning the definition of good and evil as a result.

The final battle is approaching and the technological farming facility looks like the perfect place for an epic showdown. Of course the problem could have been avoided by using different crops for food supply, but seeing how already monocultures are implemented on a grand scale today, I suppose the scenario presented here isn't that farfetched.
Mar 7, 2013 2:11 PM

Jan 2012

That smile...
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Mar 7, 2013 2:29 PM
Dec 2012
I have to be honest here.

I'm not confused by the psychological and philosophical standards in which this world take on by implementing the Sibyl System nearly as much as I am confused about the relationship between Kogami and Akane.

I mean, every time they lock it in as a bit of a love relationship, they do something to completely change the aspect of it. Sometimes, it's a tragic friendship. Sometimes, it's some sort of psychological romance. For this episode, it's more like a person trying to find their lost dog.

Because if you know your dog well enough, you know where they will go.

I don't usually have such a problem defining relationships in a series, especially one like this. And I often don't even try to define them. I just can't tell anymore though. It's to the point where I don't know if she'll kill him or kiss him when they reunite.

That, in itself, is the highlight of the series for me. Their relationship takes on a storyline all its own. It transcends the cheap romance you would get at the end of an action movie. The climax of the relationship itself will be the psychological decision that Akane will choose for the rest of her life.
Mar 7, 2013 2:35 PM
Aug 2012
How many of you think that the promise between Akane and Sybil system is going to happen, Kogami's main goal is to kill Shougo

The suspense is killing me..........
Mar 7, 2013 2:40 PM

Jul 2008

I honestly don't see in what she is wrong: she is not accepting Sybil and, unless Sybil manages to get rid of her, she has potential to be as destructive to the system as Makishima... the only difference being that she wouldn't do it by spilling blood.

But for me where she's walking on thin wire is that she's willing to keep Sibyl active all for the sake of one person, Kogami. Is she not being hypocritical of her hatred towards Sibyl? She's willing to compromise her morals to have Kogami live and Sibyl intact. Akane is justifying Kogami's life against people's ability to make choices while Sibyl justifies absorbing a couple minds to keep society at "peace"

She is keeping Sybil active to protect the people from suffering, not to save Kogami. Should Sybill just go off, the current society would go to hell quite quickly (the "helmet incident" would end up looking like a child's play), something she doesn't want to happen as she values human life and happiness. She values both the free will and happiness (as described in her visualized inner conflicts) and she won't compromise happiness for free will.
She can fight the system later, once she comes up with something. For now, she wants to save lives from a madman who justifies his sick desires with philosophy. Killed or given to Sybill, Makishima is finished and the closest threat is negated.
Mar 7, 2013 2:45 PM
Aug 2011
Whether you dislike her or not you can't deny Akane's growth as a character.

AuronPond said:
...as much as I am confused about the relationship between Kogami and Akane.
The climax of the relationship itself will be the psychological decision that Akane will choose for the rest of her life.

I agree.

-There is a very likely chance that the Sibyl System won't let Kougami go as they said. (If he does make it out alive that is.)

-Kougami is trying to kill Shougo, Akane has agreed that she will try to bring him back alive.

I can't begin to wrap my head around on the effect things like these will have on Akane.

Feeling very tense for these last 2 episodes.

Neonzel said:

That smile...

In any other universe this would be a cute boyish smile.
In this universe it'll gouge your eyes out and use them for a retina scan.
Mar 7, 2013 2:46 PM
Aug 2012
That was a very well written way to represent Akane's inner conflicts.

I had some gripes with the more pretentious aspects of the show like quote throwing, but this episode proved Urobutcher is capable of showing us the meat that really makes a character.
Mar 7, 2013 2:53 PM

Apr 2012
Nice promise made there. Honestly I think it will be kept, we saw Akane thinking like Kogami; so if she can do that, she can probably plan ahead like him as well (leave an audio record or something to cause trouble to sibyl system)

Great episode, very compelling 5/5 for me.

But really, 2 episodes left D; would be awesome to get a equally if not better second season.
Mar 7, 2013 2:58 PM
Aug 2012
Mike_the_Great said:
Nice promise made there. Honestly I think it will be kept, we saw Akane thinking like Kogami; so if she can do that, she can probably plan ahead like him as well (leave an audio record or something to cause trouble to sibyl system)

Great episode, very compelling 5/5 for me.

But really, 2 episodes left D; would be awesome to get a equally if not better second season.

Not really, we don't want to milk one of the semi decent shows of this season.
Mar 7, 2013 3:03 PM
Sep 2012
The EDs always leave me with chills
Mar 7, 2013 3:05 PM

Jul 2011
At this point, I do wonder how it would feel for me if I had watched Madoka Magica in a weekly basis (I marathoned it). Because right now, Urobochi and IG are making me suffer the pain of having to wait an entire week for the next PP episode. OH GOSH I NEED MORE.

Anyway, I like the idea that Akane can't deny completely the system, but she seems at the point where she believes some changes need to be done from the inside. That makes me remember of that moment in episode 09 where she thought the rights of latent criminals would improve with time.

parfaited said:

Neonzel said:

That smile...

Moe as hell.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Mar 7, 2013 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, intense as usual. I'm just waiting for the final conflict between all of them.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 7, 2013 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
The fat man was asking for it.
Mar 7, 2013 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
I hope this isnt rushed or left with an open-ended conclusion.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 7, 2013 3:28 PM
Nov 2010
Mary_Vanucchi said:
At this point, I do wonder how it would feel for me if I had watched Madoka Magica in a weekly basis (I marathoned it). Because right now, Urobochi and IG are making me suffer the pain of having to wait an entire week for the next PP episode. OH GOSH I NEED MORE.

Anyway, I like the idea that Akane can't deny completely the system, but she seems at the point where she believes some changes need to be done from the inside. That makes me remember of that moment in episode 09 where she thought the rights of latent criminals would improve with time.

parfaited said:

Neonzel said:

That smile...

Moe as hell.
Moekishima
Mar 7, 2013 3:45 PM

Dec 2009
Moral of the story: Remember to close the door behind you, or you will fail.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 7, 2013 4:17 PM
Jun 2012
After seeing last week's preview, I expected a lot from this episode. And well, I'm disappointed.
Mar 7, 2013 4:27 PM
Oct 2010
damn akane just grew bigger balls than ginoza. fuckkk that in car scene. deducing that murder like a boss too. cant wait to see this climax
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 7, 2013 4:50 PM

Nov 2007
The brains of criminals = the system?? Wow.

She agreed to cooperate in return to save that guy's life. Now she's investigating like that guy.

Final battle @ a lab?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 7, 2013 4:57 PM
Sep 2012
I liked how Akane didn't take being used by the Sybil-System lying down -- she agreed to help on the condition that Kougami be saved. Akane has really matured since we first saw her 20 episodes ago. I also loved watching her significant memories about why she became an enforcer in the first place - in order to resolve her inner conflict about the truth of the Sybil-System.
Mar 7, 2013 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
Wonder how they're gonna wrap this up in 2 episodes...
Mar 7, 2013 5:15 PM

Oct 2012
SleepyBear said:
Wonder how they're gonna wrap this up in 2 episodes...

Cliffhanger ending anyone?

Makashima spontaneously disapears along with Kogami?
Mar 7, 2013 5:16 PM

Jan 2009
Sybil System exploited the ideals of Akane right there but good thing Akane is holding her ground and is evolving to be a reliable hero
Mar 7, 2013 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
Akane just turn into a real detective.

I was LOLing at this scene

Kaiser-chanMar 7, 2013 5:26 PM

Mar 7, 2013 5:30 PM

Jan 2013
Really enjoyed this episode, the artwork in some places was beautiful, and the soundtrack was brilliant!

Well we now know everything about the Sybil System (unless there's even more that the Sybil System didn't tell Akane - unlikely though), and I'm thinking what others have said, that it might not live up to it's side of the bargain.

Gutted that there's only two more episodes left, but also excited to see how it ends. Guess it's time for another week's wait...*sigh*
Mar 7, 2013 5:31 PM
Mar 2013
Akane has finally grown up but still has a few flaws (IMO). Makishima is as bad ass as ever. Plot climaxing.
Mar 7, 2013 5:34 PM
Jan 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
Akane just turn into a real detective.

I was LOLing at this scene

Sure reminded me of Shougo Okita's smile (Gintama) XD

Anyway that aside, YAAY Akane.. <3

It took 20 episodes for her to reach the climax of her character growth though. Still <3 :3

How can this only be a one season anime ;o; ? There HAS to be a season 2 or a movie somehow :( ;o;
Mar 7, 2013 5:37 PM
Oct 2011
two more episodes. i really wonder how will they deal with makishima and fix up the sibyl system in merely 46mins. unless they bring in makishima, but sibyl will still live and all our main characters die? it would be a win-win situation like that once sibyl gets a hold on maki.

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Mar 7, 2013 5:46 PM

Feb 2012
Akane serious mode :D

That promise... not going to happen. I guess.
2 more eps... I'm expecting some kind of plot twist next ep. Just because Urobuchi :D
Mar 7, 2013 6:04 PM

Jan 2012
damn.. everybody looks badass this episode..

akane got her guts..
makishima got his plan works..
kougami got his lead..

woooooooot!!!
Mar 7, 2013 6:13 PM

Jul 2010
Why are some people surprised over the fact the Sibyl System is actually run and controlled by the minds of former "criminals" or perhaps outlaws is a better word? I mean they explained that in the episode where they revealed the true nature of the System right? :O

I'm very curious how they'll end the anime, I somehow end up hoping that Shougo will succeed in at least corrupting the food system, it will take time and a few other factors but in the end that action will be a big blow for the System, if not making it useless on the long run. On the other hand I hope he doesn't because they'll never show the world (or rather Japan) after the collapse of the Sibyl System and the curiosity would be too much for me to handle.

I also hope Kagami will be able to kill Shougo and I'm praying Akane won't do anything stupid (again) like letting Shougo escape last minute because she doesn't want to kill him, for he should be judged correctly according to the law, but also won't let Kagami kill him because she doesn't want him to become a murderer...

Anyway I'm really looking forward to the final 2 episodes :)
Mar 7, 2013 6:17 PM
Jun 2012
No, the fundamental problem is that they make such a big deal out of it being organic brains behind the system. But that has to be the case, and people have to know it. Even if the system was all computers, there would have to be programmers behind it, and programmers are run by organic brains.
Mar 7, 2013 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
This episode went by fast... another whole week? D:.
My life has no meaning.
Mar 7, 2013 6:53 PM
Jun 2012
AuronPond said:

I'm not confused by the psychological and philosophical standards in which this world take on by implementing the Sibyl System nearly as much as I am confused about the relationship between Kogami and Akane.

I mean, every time they lock it in as a bit of a love relationship, they do something to completely change the aspect of it. Sometimes, it's a tragic friendship. Sometimes, it's some sort of psychological romance. For this episode, it's more like a person trying to find their lost dog.

I don't usually have such a problem defining relationships in a series, especially one like this. And I often don't even try to define them. I just can't tell anymore though. It's to the point where I don't know if she'll kill him or kiss him when they reunite.

That, in itself, is the highlight of the series for me. Their relationship takes on a storyline all its own. It transcends the cheap romance you would get at the end of an action movie. The climax of the relationship itself will be the psychological decision that Akane will choose for the rest of her life.

Just thinking about the dog and master relationship^^ the fact the climax is taking place in the feild looks like an owner taking her dog out and shooting it.
I don't want that to happen but it seems likely
Mar 7, 2013 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
Calliecloud28 said:
AuronPond said:

Just thinking about the dog and master relationship^^ the fact the climax is taking place in the feild looks like an owner taking her dog out and shooting it.
I don't want that to happen but it seems likely

Hope not... Very Plausible though. :(
Mar 7, 2013 7:18 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa. I love the fact that Akane is in a dilemma. A world with the Sibyl System or not, either decision will lead to chaos.

And, complete character development for her. She is utilizing Kogami's logic and mindset... which is better when she was in the first episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2013 7:34 PM
Jun 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:

Is the price of admission for the kind of society Japan has worth free will? The main dilemma that has been at the center of this show since we were introduced to Sibyl.

But because it's a false dilemma, the good has just been artificially packaged with the bad, it doesn't have anything to say about the real world. And as such, I find that it lacks impact.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.