Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2013 9:48 PM

Apr 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So it finally ened huh? :) This was a good read really enjoyed it
Feb 27, 2013 11:16 PM

Jun 2009
wait...so who is Rin's father?
Feb 28, 2013 4:23 AM

Dec 2008
I'm glad the author gave us the chance to see Daikichi and Rin years later. This Mami-chan that Rin was talking about, is she Rin and Daikichi's daughter? If so, I wonder why the author chose to be so subtle about it.

I would've liked to see the reunion between Rin and all of her childhood friends. But, seeing Daikichi and Rin walking together hand-in-hand (at least that how it looked) at the end is enough for me. Daikichi is STILL awesome!
Feb 28, 2013 6:31 PM
Jul 2012
Lol it's so weird seeing them together at the end, but Daikichi is awesome :D
Mar 9, 2013 7:54 PM

Sep 2011
I'm glad i can finally change the status from reading to completed. This was such a great manga.
Apr 16, 2013 9:49 PM

Nov 2011
so im assuming they made a kid together.....
Hate Keeps me warm
May 1, 2013 8:44 PM
Jun 2012
i still cant believe daikichi didnt get together with koukis mom she was great. in the end daikichi and rin should have atleast kissed or someting to make it more real in my opinion.
May 1, 2013 9:24 PM

Apr 2009
Honestly I didn't really like the ending but on the other hand, just having Rin and Kouki get married would've been normal and boring so I don't really know what to think of the ending. Ahh well still worth the read. Glad I did.
May 7, 2013 5:01 AM

Sep 2011
We still didn't get to see kouki's new dad, nor his real father.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2013 10:39 AM

May 2010
Villetta_Nu said:
This Mami-chan that Rin was talking about, is she Rin and Daikichi's daughter?

I'm not sure but I think Mami-chan is Kazumi's (daikichi's sister) daughter.

Jun 11, 2013 6:57 PM

Nov 2011
^ My thoughts exactly.

I liked the ending although for me the whole story became average when Rin became the mc instead of Daikichi. Also, there were still a few plotlines left uncovered, on purpose? I don't know.

The reunion would've been a perfect ending, imo. It would've had such a light-hearted feel to it, I know it. ;)
Feel free to suggest me new series on my profile or through pm, or send me anything else really and let's have a chat
Jun 29, 2013 12:10 AM

Aug 2012
well that was boring. lol
Oct 21, 2013 12:38 PM
Oct 2013
This is the most disappointing ending I have ever read! The ending should've evolved organically from the plot line, and given a closure. So, What does Daichki feel toward Rin at the end? still unclear.
Oct 25, 2013 12:15 PM

Feb 2010
I wanted to see how everyone else reacted to Rin & Daikichi relationship, oh well
Jan 24, 2014 3:58 AM
Oct 2013
I just finished the manga. Man it started off so strong but I really got turned off when Run revealed she liked Daikichi. Its probably because I love Kouki so much :P The ending, in my opinion, doesn't really feel satisfying. We still don't really know Daikichi's feelings and everyone's reaction to Rin and Daikichi. It felt rushed and there are many questions I still have :( sigh i really hope there's a bonus chapter out there or coming soon!!
Aug 18, 2014 9:20 PM

Nov 2012
As happy as i amseeing dakichi and rin happy, i was kinda weird seeing them together. I dunno, i got so used to the 'father daughter' relationship that i never really saw them as a couple >.<
Aug 20, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2008
Are they married at the end? I don't really know, they just talk about getting married in Ch 56 but then it ends.

The only clue I have is when Daikichi says to Kouki that his Bride is at home. Does that mean that they recently got married? Or that their in the preparations of getting married.

Also, I think a year had passed since Kouki was coming back, I'm pretty sure they would of broken the news to Daikichi's parents by that point, so seeing Rin talking to them like nothing had happened makes me believe that they were cool with it <,< she definitely looked like a house wife.

I was just happy seeing Rin and Daikchi happy together at the very end.
Sep 14, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, it's the first time when manga was sh*t compared to anime. I'm dissapointed. it ruined that great anime for me.
Nov 2, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
I was binge reading this thinking that the whole 62 chapters is just Daikichi raising Rin as a daughter, boy was I wrong. As soon as I got to the part where Kouki told Daikichi that his mom was getting married, I began to wonder where it will go. From then on to 56 it was so cringy, I had a hard time reading it lol but I wanted to finish it.

It wasn't the ending I wanted but w/e. Overall it was an alright read, even though throughout the last chapters i kept shouting "WTF guys get your shit together".
Nov 30, 2014 10:15 AM

Jul 2009
Paracel said:
I was binge reading this thinking that the whole 62 chapters is just Daikichi raising Rin as a daughter, boy was I wrong. As soon as I got to the part where Kouki told Daikichi that his mom was getting married, I began to wonder where it will go. From then on to 56 it was so cringy, I had a hard time reading it lol but I wanted to finish it.

It wasn't the ending I wanted but w/e. Overall it was an alright read, even though throughout the last chapters i kept shouting "WTF guys get your shit together".
Dec 27, 2014 2:20 AM

Oct 2014
So, I just read the manga after finishing the anime, and I really really am flabbergasted with this ending. I don't even know if I liked it or didn't like it. I just... maaaaaaannn. What the heck happened? I don't even... ugh. I mean it's nice that both Rin and Daikichi are happy, but they had a legitimate parent and child relationship for over 10 years. I just, I don't feel satisfied with this ending. Maybe if they spent more time having Daikichi coming to terms with his feelings about Rin, I would feel a little better about all of this? *shrugs*

What a weird second half. So weeeeird.
Jan 27, 2015 2:09 PM
Dec 2011
Takashi981 said:

Some guy I always thought a creep who took advantage of rins mom. Which would further explainher issues. Maybe even someone in the industry. But the manga only says she wasn't going out with the guy if I remember right.

Gr33ncar said:
so im assuming they made a kid together.....

Noooooo. Did you notice how awkward they still are. Mostly Dia???. He won't be doing anything that would result in that for a while.
Feb 2, 2015 2:29 AM

Sep 2014
Loved the manga, but I really disliked the time-skips, especially the last 2 year one. Wish the manga was longer so we could have seen a bit more development. I especially would have liked to have seen what Diakichi was thinking over the last 2 years before Rin graduated.

I mean, after the 10 year time-skip we see Rin realize her true feelings for Diakichi and how they develop, but the focus never returns to Diakichi to show his thought processes and that 2 year time-skip would have been a good place to show that, in my opinion.
CasyleFeb 2, 2015 3:44 PM
Feb 14, 2015 12:15 PM

Mar 2012
The manga imo went down the drain after the first time skip..

good read nonetheless. but definitely could have been better.
Aug 13, 2015 10:27 AM
Jun 2014
well, that was certainly a lackluster ending.
Aug 20, 2015 5:18 AM

May 2014
"Hm. I'll be worried if you're alone during the night time."
"Hm. But well, it's fine. I can drink at home."
"The food's great here, too."

Tell me, where do you find a guy like that? Daikichi <3

-----
Takashi981 said:
THISS... I WAS REALLY CURIOUS ABOUT THIS...
Jun 17, 2016 10:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
1 out of 5: Hated it (your vote) ---- 19 35.85%
Nov 29, 2016 11:24 AM
Jul 2016
Ohhhhh man that I was just thinking about rasing a loli and they just had made this amazing manga on it can't be anymore satisfied. Anyone who hates this manga for not ending with the mom and the kid together that's booring as hell and go watch 80s house wife dramas
Dec 21, 2017 7:48 PM
May 2017
Decided to read the manga some time after I watched the great anime and after I read some criticism about the manga story and some advices to not read the manga because this would destroy the anime experience.

The manga story is very good. Its problem is lack of development of both the story itself and its characters. Daikichi and Rin went from strangers to a couple in 12 years. Their path was hinted when Rin answered Daikichi she did not accept him as her father but as her Daikichi, considering Rin's personality. During the story, Daikichi and Rin showed a strong bonding of love. It is easy to present love as a gathering of romantic moments but the story presents a couple developing love during the day-by-day, as in real life. Daikichi behavior during the story was correct and decent. He loves and respects Rin. He gives her choices for her happiness. Rin is an adorable girl. She developed a real love for Daikichi. They were mistaken and discussed many times but forgiveness never faulted between Daikichi and Rin. The conversation between the couple in the last chapter ended the story in a pleasant way.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 3, 2018 10:11 AM

Jul 2010
So Rin's probably around 18 y.o. and she's not old enough to drink, but she's old enough to be a bride and have a kid with a guy that's 24 years older than her (and raised her as a father, btw). Alright.
Jan 18, 2019 12:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Honestly, I’m baffled!

Like, I thought the manga, especially in the final few Chapters, was being a little too ambitious and not true to its theme, as such. Here’s why: Nitani-san rejected Daisuke’s feelings because of the harsh reality of their family circumstances but then you have Daikichi and Rin successfully working out in the end. Is this supposed to be ironical? Even now, to be frankly honest, I can’t comprehend how the others reacted to this because there just hardly were any reference to it! Seriously, why not one more chapter on the reunion? It would’ve made this so much more acceptable and maybe even understanding. Kouki was fine with Daikichi calling Rin her ‘bride’, and it was obvious earlier that he wanted it to lead to this so no biggies there at all, and Rin implied that she still keeps contact with Daikichi’s parents so they’re supposedly fine with this unprecedented turn out of events? A little more clarification is all that I thought was gravely missing from this story, in my opinion. Most importantly, does Daikichi love Rin as a woman now or is simply just forcing himself to keep up with the promise? I’m sure as a single man for over 40 years, he would definitely not want Rin to go through the same but is this a good enough reason to actually go for the marriage? I don’t know, that marriage proposal he just brought up in Chapter 56 suggested that he really wasn’t too much into her like how she was into him. Maybe I’m reading wrong or too much into this, though. Just a thought that I couldn’t get my head around to.

Leaving that aside, another part of me was content with Daikichi x Rin working out. Previously, I was dearly hoping for the same in Koi wa Ameagari no You ni series, that is Manager x Akira, but even then some part of him didn’t want it to work out. Like I get that it’s not supposed to be dead rubber reality but I think I honestly prefer it that way, hence why this particular course of events bugged me a bit(and still is). Sweet conversation there though between the two! Daikichi calling Rin ‘normally cute’ was very heartwarming to see and it was nice touch overall, I suppose. I wonder if they’re recently married or soon to be married though, I don’t think the chapter was quite clear in this regard but I’m fine with any. After reading through Chapter 56, I was expecting a Chapter that’d focus on their after-marriage life, that is with the child that Rin wants to have, so a little gutted we didn’t get to see that. On the other hand, we got two more returning characters this Chapter. Nobu-kun(son of the fat father of Episode 11) dumping Sayaka-chan(daughter of the actor introduced in the same episode) and Sayaka-chan having feelings for Nobu-kun for years was a bit saddening to see but we hardly ever got anything from them so it didn’t really sound to me much. I’m totally in for Kouki x Sayaka though, that’d be a fascinating treat to see but alas! Daikichi and Kouki then meeting up for the first time in a long eventful year was great to see too. I’d loved to see at least a bit of Nitani-san’s relationship with her husband but we got a few hints regarding that from Kouki’s discussion.

All in all, it was a good read although the drastic change in storytelling was really out of place. Rin as main character was interesting at first when it had to do with Kouki but once it came down to Daikichi, I was with mixed feelings throughout then.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 9, 2019 1:39 PM
Aug 2018
This could have been a great manga if the author had pursued a relationship between Yukari and Daikichi. (That's what I was hoping for when I finished the anime...)

Instead we got a adoptive father x adoptive daughter relationship with a ~24 year (quater of a century!!!) age-gap.

This manga is a perfect example on how to turn a cute story with a lot of potential into garbage.
Mar 17, 2019 11:53 AM

Aug 2017
The beginning of the manga was so heartwarming. I didn't notice much after the time skip, although Rin's life did get considerably more boring.

The ending was just disturbing. I just can't see Daikichi not looking at her as anything other than a father. It literally just throws away the whole beginning of the story. Just, no.
-insert wise old moosy adage-
Jun 2, 2019 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
I'm so dissatisfied with the ending, I can't seem to accept this adoptive father x adoptive daughter relationship. Its hella awkward. I watched the anime, instantly fell in love with it but I regret reading the manga x( thanos snap ur finger and erase after time skip part.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Nov 11, 2019 11:16 AM

Sep 2019
It was a great read I've personally don't have any argument with the ending.
Dec 28, 2019 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
daikichi fucking raised her and the mangaka expects us to believe he starts seeing rin as a wife just because it turns out they're not blood relations? that's fucked up and bullshit.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Dec 30, 2019 8:29 PM

Jul 2014
Daikichi pulling a Woody Allen. Based.
Jul 6, 2020 2:02 AM

Dec 2014
I regret a LOT the fact that i've just read the manga.

The ending is a cringefest and WAY fucked up.
Oct 8, 2020 8:57 PM

Aug 2019
People really upset haha
Apr 22, 2021 12:03 AM
Mar 2014
Okay the ending wasn’t what everyone was making it out to be but I have to say weirdly enough it was tragic and upsetting. Idk if it was created in such a way but I didn’t hate no one even though their are some characters that I want to such as Nitani (Kouki’s mother) she spent all that time, spent all those crucial moments with Daikichi only to be overjoyed when he proposes yet still reject him then proceeds to say she doesn’t/can’t settle down at such a age yet she soon enough marries someone else who we have no knowledge about nothing at all explained even though it was supposedly ‘for Kouki’ when kouki actually wanted and SAW Daikichi as a father?? It’s so frustrating and confusing because when she told Daikichi there was someone she says in her head that it’s for the best implying that it’s a lie and at a later moment says had he proposed 10 years ago she would of accepted but what changed now when they clearly still liked each other? She doesn’t even return in the manga thereafter! There’s so much missing, so much that needed explaining yet left unexplored I feel the author just used everything as an excuse to get to the end result. I just felt sorry for Daikichi man and this one particular panel broke my heart. Also Rin’s mother wasn’t even given the time to explain her side at all, who’s Rin’s father then? Why and how did she end up at GeeChans place as a maid, did she whore around and get pregnant and the one question I was expecting them to answer WHY did she abandon Rin really? To be a mangaka isn’t good enough because earlier on it’s implied she goes on to do it and overlord herself to forget the suffering of abandoning Rin like what is going on with the story my guy it’s all over the place. The only thing explored properly is Rin and Kouki’s relationship but even that had some issues particularly towards the end, nothing on Daikichi and he seemed conflicted right until the end he accepts Rin yet can’t see her as anything other than his daughter making the final panel useless when he tears up as a result of Rin saying she wants to bear and raise Daikichi’s child and make him/her as happy as he did her.

I got my reasons for not liking the ending but certainly not because of what everyone else is on about I don’t mind wincest in anime but when it’s created this realistic I simply don’t know what to think of it but other than that yeah I guess I should of stuck with the anime because then I would of had less questions and would of imagined Daikichi and Nitani eventually getting together..
May 2, 2021 8:10 PM

Dec 2020
that ending was pure garbage. a sweet manga turned into that mess how can you mess up this badly
Apr 27, 2022 7:34 PM
Nov 2020
Reading this manga's ending felt more wrong that reading a gore Ntr hentai, the anime was good. so I thought I should read the manga since it's a short aeries... Lord why would anyone turn this wholesome show into a shitshow 1/10 the ending ruined the whole series.
May 5, 2022 9:42 AM

Jul 2021
I know the father is not blood-related by all means but seriously, out of all the chances to make such a light-hearted series turned into a daughter x adopted father lovebirds when mangaka can literally spend more time doing a rather separable character-driven story for their own respective?!?!?! I swear I had to check out this series when someone made a thread if Spy X Family turned into this and I'm seriously disgusted rn. 1/10, also ending changed my journey along with the head impactfully terribly so yeah one of the best SOLs turned into the one of the worst SOL written ever.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 14, 2023 7:41 PM
Oct 2020
Meh ending. This manga is a great example of something good turning into something bad.
Nov 12, 2023 6:11 AM

Jun 2017
@Rance-sama bro this is not the own you think it is 💀.

MAN MARRIED THE KID HE RAISED.

More topics from this board

» When does it get trash?

AshTheChamp - Mar 22

4 by blinddig »»
Apr 8, 4:09 AM

» why hate usagi drop manga's end? ( 1 2 3 )

liveanime - Jan 15, 2016

134 by kmd3134 »»
Jan 25, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 61 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 28, 2013

1 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 60 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 14, 2013

4 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:28 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 59 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 14, 2013

5 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.