Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 23, 2014 6:40 PM

Feb 2010
bibble said:
First of all thank you soooo much ^ ^ you really helped me a lot :D :D
but i have a question that even though i read it, i didn't get that much i guess ..
How can i do the same for manga list ??
i created a new layout and in that blank space first i tried using all the codes from the animelist and just change it to manga , which didn't work and then i used only the codes for this particularly which didn't work either :/
btw i did the changes and use that layout for mangalist

you have the codes for the manga covers preview on your list but no premade layout. the codes given here arent' a layout. its just the effect, to add to any layout. so just install whatever premade layout u want to the manga CSS box
Mar 13, 2014 7:30 AM

Jun 2011
Shishio-kun said:
SylakentH_ said:
Nice tut, btw how can i make the animetitle pop up instead of the "Preview" text?
Dont seem to get it with firebug :/

Quick fix. You simply move that section over there with
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(n+4):hover td:nth-of-type(2)

or just the anime title
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(n+4):hover td:nth-of-type(2) .animetitle

Move either selector to the cover pic with position fixed and left/right codes.

but it will have to be imported which you know how to do. I'm already planning to add that as an easy feature that won't have to be imported and I found a way to take the text from a section and move that while keeping the original text intact, so the codes used here will be outdated later when I can budget the time for this subject more which has been extremely difficult to make easy. Also I want to alter the DVD display code being used to more button works.

Can you please explain this again? Is it possible to have the anime title itself appear on top of the cover picture, instead of the "preview"?

Here is my CSS.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 13, 2014 9:32 PM

Jan 2012
That's possible:
Mar 15, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
Hey! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I just have one quick question.

Is it possible to make the cover corners straight rather than round, if you know what I mean? Sorry if this has been asked before, I just can't seem to be able to find it.

EDIT: If it's appropriate, while I'm at it, I also wanted to ask if you can insert some sort of music player into your list. Thanks in advance.
suddenlytanukiMar 15, 2014 11:01 PM

Mar 16, 2014 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
Kenny_was_afk said:
Hey! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I just have one quick question.

Is it possible to make the cover corners straight rather than round, if you know what I mean? Sorry if this has been asked before, I just can't seem to be able to find it.

EDIT: If it's appropriate, while I'm at it, I also wanted to ask if you can insert some sort of music player into your list. Thanks in advance.

it's in the instructions... remove border-radius: 25px 25px 25px 25px; line.
as for music player, I don't think it's possible.
Mar 16, 2014 7:48 PM

Dec 2013
kuronekodesu said:

it's in the instructions... remove border-radius: 25px 25px 25px 25px; line.
as for music player, I don't think it's possible.

Sorry, didn't find it there right away. Thanks for the help.

Mar 18, 2014 3:19 PM

Feb 2010
Kenny_was_afk said:

Not a player I know of but when they restore YT tags we will be able to link Youtube videos to our lists again
Mar 24, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2011
I don't know if someone asked about this but i've a question:
The Cover Area is blocked always in the same position, is there a way to make it appear near the anime title everytime you hover on it? I hope to have explained it well.

I imagine that you've to work on these lines:

Ps: i already know how to adjust the position/dimension by using "top", "left", "height", "width.
Mar 26, 2014 9:59 PM

Dec 2013
Sorry for being a pain, but I have a problem where every time I hover over the raw it moves to the left and if i hover over the title raw the "Tag" column title appears as well. How do I fix this? Sorry if this has been asked before, I read through the thread and didn't seem to find anything. Thanks in advance.

Here's my list for reference.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kenny_was_afk

Apr 5, 2014 8:01 AM

Dec 2013
Fixed the issue with the "Tags" title appearing editing this:

.table_header:nth-of-type(5) {
display: none;
}

Into this:

.table_header:nth-of-type(5) {
display: none !important;;
}

tbody:hover .table_header:nth-of-type(5) {
display: none;
}

Still can't figure out how to fix the shift when hovering over the raw.

Apr 5, 2014 10:32 PM

Feb 2010
Rodney said:
Hey there, I followed the instructions for showing the manga covers on my manga list and it was working perfectly. Then a couple of days ago the manga covers didn't show up anymore and only a couple were still visible but the majority was not appearing. I was wondering if this happened to anyone else?

I made sure the codes were not in the same list style and the anime covers are working still. But for some reason the manga covers just stopped showing up.

@import "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78340470/manga.css";
@import "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/78340470/CSSforFoxgirls.css";

I used the codes above for the manga list and followed the same 3 steps from your tutorial for the anime list. So is there something going on with these codes?

You're getting complete covers on your list from what I see since you've added the AllManga.css, after posting this question I guess. But later on you'll have to use a a generator to make your own manga cover CSS, since I'm planning to take that down (its too much bandwidth and there is a IMG script/new generators now to make topics on this easy again).

btw delete your question if you get your problem solved on your own
Apr 11, 2014 10:05 AM

Feb 2014
Thanks for the tutorial, it helped out a lot.
The anime list cover works fine but only a small amount of manga covers pops up.
Here's my CSS:

I've even tried the cover creator but nothing shows up after importing. I have created two separate layouts for the two lists. Still trying to figure out the problem.
AlenciaApr 11, 2014 10:08 AM
Apr 11, 2014 12:02 PM
Nov 2013
Alencia said:
Thanks for the tutorial, it helped out a lot.
The anime list cover works fine but only a small amount of manga covers pops up.
Here's my CSS:

I've even tried the cover creator but nothing shows up after importing. I have created two separate layouts for the two lists. Still trying to figure out the problem.

Try this import instead the one you have now: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/manga.css
Apr 11, 2014 6:10 PM

Feb 2014
I just found out dropbox is missing the Public Folder feature. Guess that's the reason why the covers I generated is not working. Is there another way to upload the covers I generated without upgrading dropbox?
Apr 11, 2014 7:04 PM

Feb 2010
Alencia said:
I just found out dropbox is missing the Public Folder feature. Guess that's the reason why the covers I generated is not working. Is there another way to upload the covers I generated without upgrading dropbox?

Dropbox uses share links now, you don't need a public folder. I just rewrote the tutorial for it:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=411779
Apr 11, 2014 7:29 PM

Feb 2014
Shishio-kun said:

Dropbox uses share links now, you don't need a public folder. I just rewrote the tutorial for it:

I appreciate your quick reply. It works fine now, thanks a lot.
Apr 11, 2014 7:39 PM

Feb 2010
Alencia said:
Shishio-kun said:

I appreciate your quick reply. It works fine now, thanks a lot.

I'm glad to see the tutorial works!
May 6, 2014 5:56 PM

Apr 2014
Hi there,

Thank you very much for this tutorial.

However, I seem to have an issue where the edit tag button is still present in the preview area.

I copied your cover pic with area and tags in area code and modified the position to fit MAL:

but it seems that the edit button is still present. What am I doing wrong?
You can cry but you'll still die, there'll be no tears in the end.
May 28, 2014 9:42 PM

Feb 2013
Need help! Updated my Covers with the Genku generator, but sadly the covers are not showing up properly (instead of showing up when I hover they are in the titles). Sorry for being a complete noob but I am so lost right now :(

Here is the anime list(taken from a template) I am using:

The only thing I changed is the first line: @import "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/78192465/MyAnimeList/Kore%20wa%20Zombie%20Desuka/Covers.css";

Any help would be much appreciated.
May 28, 2014 10:15 PM

Feb 2010
@Jtricks: notice how your import is so differently formatted from the others. There's two ways you can write an import but the way you done combines both so it doesn't work. You should make yours look like the others that work:
@import "https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zcfyjc5kn5myh1c/animelist%20covers.css";
or make it like the parenthesis style by removing the last quote
@import url(https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zcfyjc5kn5myh1c/animelist%20covers.css);

I think you could also remove the last quotation but I don't use those import styles. And also you need animetitle:after CSS for that list, I don't think the kind you made will work even if the link works.
May 28, 2014 10:19 PM

Nov 2011
@Shishio-kun
I used to use both, it's perfectly valid. Jtricks just doesn't have closing quote so everything til next newline is considered a string, thus "killing" the bracket (and current import), the semicolon (and the next import (CSS for foxgirls)).
May 29, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2013
Jun 30, 2014 11:20 AM

Mar 2010
friedchickendude said:
Hi there,

Thank you very much for this tutorial.

However, I seem to have an issue where the edit tag button is still present in the preview area.

I copied your cover pic with area and tags in area code and modified the position to fit MAL:

but it seems that the edit button is still present. What am I doing wrong?

I actually have the same problem and was wondering if there was a fix to this

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/naruto635639&show=0&order=0

You can view my code there, if you like.
Jun 30, 2014 12:52 PM

Apr 2009
Hello! Thank you for the great tutorial, everything is clear :)

Is there a way to position the preview image relative to the center of the page? I'd like to have the preview appear just to the side of the list, which is currently centered. Using top and left only moves it relative to the window border, so a fitting position would be different for different window sizes. Is that possible to do?

Also, when I first saved the code, I had a bit of a problem where the images wouldn't load for some series, but that seems to have disappeared when I changed the zoom back and forth. Is that a sign of a problem with my browser or has the same thing happened to others?
Aug 27, 2014 7:51 AM
Nov 2009
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but my covers aren't showing up on my theme for some reason. Not sure if it's my internet or not though :/
Aug 27, 2014 8:01 AM

Feb 2010
Shivakou said:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but my covers aren't showing up on my theme for some reason. Not sure if it's my internet or not though :/

front page
Aug 27, 2014 9:32 AM
Jan 2014
Dropbox temporarily disabled the link to anime.css :(
Aug 27, 2014 10:04 AM

Jul 2010
This is a great tutorial and a great way to style the list, thanks!

However I am having some problems. I used the last option (cover and tags text in same hover window) and have all the mentioned column settings the same as you recommended.
The window and covers show up, but the tag text doesn't (and it should most definitely have the right column number, when I change numbers the tags column shows up again as they used to yet also with no text).

Also, is there a way to have a border around the window that shows up and the cover or is it only possible to have either?

Thanks again!
cupcakedreamsAug 27, 2014 10:13 AM
Aug 27, 2014 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
cupcakedreams said:
This is a great tutorial and a great way to style the list, thanks!

However I am having some problems. I used the last option (cover and tags text in same hover window) and have all the mentioned column settings the same as you recommended.
The window and covers show up, but the tag text doesn't (and it should most definitely have the right column number, when I change numbers the tags column shows up again as they used to yet also with no text).

Also, is there a way to have a border around the window that shows up and the cover or is it only possible to have either?

Thanks again!
I do hope you have actually written tags...

Aug 27, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2010
Oiomi-chan said:

I have. I even checked to see if they got erased somehow, but they're there when I open the edit window for each entry.
Aug 27, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
cupcakedreams said:
Oiomi-chan said:

I have. I even checked to see if they got erased somehow, but they're there when I open the edit window for each entry.
Well that's interesting... Sorry if I sounded a bit (or very) rude. Could you tell me the name of one of the series that you have tags for and will look in to it!

Aug 27, 2014 10:26 AM

Jul 2010
Oiomi-chan said:
Well that's interesting... Sorry if I sounded a bit (or very) rude. Could you tell me the name of one of the series that you have tags for and will look in to it!

No problem, I realize you were just asking to see if I forgot :)
Well, to be honest most of the anime on my completed list have tags. If you want a random example there's fx. Zankyou no Terror.
Thank you for the support, I appreciate it!
Aug 27, 2014 10:37 AM

Feb 2010
@CupcakeDreams: You skipped step 2. Not that it matters atm, since the link is step 2 broke yesterday (see front page). I might have a quick fix for ppl to use later I will post it there
Aug 27, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2010
Oh yeah, of course, silly me.
I guess I must've assumed it had something to do with something else without even reading the description.
I'll be sure to have my eyes open for updates, thanks! :)
Aug 27, 2014 11:36 AM

Feb 2010
There is a fix now for the tags hovering problem, and step 2 in this topics been updated. You can go to the first post or front page of club
Aug 27, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2011
Shishio-kun said:
There is a fix now for the tags hovering problem, and step 2 in this topics been updated. You can go to the first post or front page of club

What about step 1? The dropbox link still seems to be broken for me, so would I have to wait for that one to be fixed or can I just skip that step?
KanjoAug 27, 2014 12:40 PM
I'm a quiet guy.
Aug 27, 2014 2:01 PM

Feb 2010
KanjoBazooie said:
Shishio-kun said:

What about step 1? The dropbox link still seems to be broken for me, so would I have to wait for that one to be fixed or can I just skip that step?

I've just added some other easier solutions, look at Alternative cover imports (for step 1) in the second post of this topic:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=563993&show=0#msg20492821

Or generate your own cover CSS, go to the bottom and use Fellow Writer or the other two generators (bottom):
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1162203

These are also listed on the front page of this club.
Aug 27, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2011
Shishio-kun said:
KanjoBazooie said:

Or generate your own cover CSS, go to the bottom and use Fellow Writer or the other two generators (bottom):
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1162203

Hahaha I somehow overlooked that part 1 was for generating the covers when I didn't even need that as I was already using fellow writer. I've got it working now. Thanks a ton for the fix to step 2 though and all the other constant updates you're making during this busy time. :)
I'm a quiet guy.
Aug 27, 2014 2:24 PM

Jul 2010
Thank you so, so very much, as always!

EDIT: I added the updated settings to the code but the tags don't appear where they should (not in the hover window but the middle of the screen, as well as still having the column border around them) and the layout is broken (columns change on hover).
I might just stick with my old layout... Q n Q
cupcakedreamsAug 27, 2014 2:44 PM
Aug 27, 2014 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
cupcakedreams said:
Thank you so, so very much, as always!

EDIT: I added the updated settings to the code but the tags don't appear where they should (not in the hover window but the middle of the screen, as well as still having the column border around them) and the layout is broken (columns change on hover).
I might just stick with my old layout... Q n Q
Despair not my pastry you are here by saved :) :

Aug 28, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2010
I'm saved! Well, almost...
The columns are staying in place now, but now neither the covers nor text show up (EDIT: The covers show up sometimes.)

I'm really digging myself a hole right now, haha.
Aug 28, 2014 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
cupcakedreams said:
I'm saved! Well, almost...
The columns are staying in place now, but now neither the covers nor text show up (EDIT: The covers show up sometimes.)

I'm really digging myself a hole right now, haha.

When you copied

/* Settings for review part in hover window */ 
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(n+4):hover td:nth-of-type(3), 
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(n+4):hover td:nth-of-type(4), 
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(n+4):hover td:nth-of-type(5), 
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(n+4):hover td:nth-of-type(6), 
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(n+4):hover td:nth-of-type(7), 
#list_surround table:nth-of-type(n+4):hover td:nth-of-type(8) 
{ display: table-cell; }

It has to have backslashes in between "tab" and "le" in every instance of table, as it is on the top of the codes on this page:
http://tny.cz/464a7a3d

You can just recopy that top part into your CSS. Without those backslashes, the code above which is essential won't work. MAL won't accept "table" in CSS editors. Notice "table" isn't in your CSS even tho u copied it.

Anyways, with that added, I see the mini-reviews under some covers in preview. But I see all the covers. Not sure if thats a separate problem or not- did you wait for them to load?
Aug 28, 2014 10:56 AM

Jul 2010
Oh, it works now, but the columns are moving again.

And yeah, that seems to be the issue with the covers. The time they need to fully load seems to vary a lot. Sometimes they need a few seconds, sometimes they need a few minutes.
Aug 28, 2014 1:33 PM

Feb 2010
cupcakedreams said:
Oh, it works now, but the columns are moving again.

And yeah, that seems to be the issue with the covers. The time they need to fully load seems to vary a lot. Sometimes they need a few seconds, sometimes they need a few minutes.

Oh ok this column problem happens in Chrome and not in Firefox. I don't really have the time or desire to really look into it and find a solution, so I would just say to use a setup that doesn't move tags you don't have too many things with tags anyways. Later on I will probably make the tag thing Firefox only since it has this bug, unless someone can find a solution to paste in.

Your covers have a problem related to the Fellow Writer program which I have zero control over and nothing to do with, you should report the error in that topic for it, or use one of the other generators to make your cover CSS: Blink or Genku.
Aug 29, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2010
Oh, I see. Of course, you guys have spend plenty of time helping me already, I don't expect you to waste any more time on me :o)
The thing is though that I was planning on writing little reviews for pretty much all of my completed series.

Yeah, though this problem didn't occur on my old list layout where the covers were much smaller. I'll see just follow how well it holds up and if it starts bugging me I might use some other generator.

Thank you both so much for your patience and help!
Aug 30, 2014 5:19 PM

Feb 2010
I've updated this topic greatly with new tricks and a fix for the glitch in Chrome. I also revised the FAQs a little.

cupcakedreams said:

I suddenly remembered a way to stop the glitch on lists in Chrome which came up in the past, and I tested one of the new versions of the code on your list style and it seems fine to me in Chrome and Firefox. In case you're still interested in using the hover tags:

Aug 31, 2014 7:59 AM

Jul 2010
Shishio-kun said:
I've updated this topic greatly with new tricks and a fix for the glitch in Chrome. I also revised the FAQs a little.

I suddenly remembered a way to stop the glitch on lists in Chrome which came up in the past, and I tested one of the new versions of the code on your list style and it seems fine to me in Chrome and Firefox. In case you're still interested in using the hover tags:

This is amazing, thank you so much!
cupcakedreamsAug 31, 2014 9:31 AM
Aug 31, 2014 9:10 AM

Feb 2010
cupcakedreams said:
Shishio-kun said:

This is amazing, thank you so much!

yeah ty! We might have a solution for the Fellow Writer cover problem too later, Blazeflack listed it in the topic but I haven't tested it out yet
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1163417
Sep 12, 2014 10:39 PM
Sep 2014
Is there any way to remove the "-" after the Edit button when removing the More button or possibly make the More button functional?

Also, this link no longer exists
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78340470/CSSforFoxgirls.css
Sep 18, 2014 6:20 AM

Feb 2010
Rokumi said:
Is there any way to remove the "-" after the Edit button when removing the More button or possibly make the More button functional?

Also, this link no longer exists
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78340470/CSSforFoxgirls.css

A replacement is in the first post (step 2). I might reupload that import in the future but not for now since its linked to the dropbox crashing after the MAL hacking
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» [CSS - MODERN] ⭐️ All ways to customize individual anime and individual list rows (mark your favorites!)

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

12 by takkun_ »»
May 12, 12:00 AM

» [CSS - MODERN] ⚡️ Fully-Customizable Layouts (2023 updates!) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Jul 21, 2017

359 by CLModerno »»
May 5, 7:50 PM

» [CSS - MODERN] Add side renders to list layouts (including for each category!)

Shishio-kun - May 15, 2021

3 by gwynsyl »»
May 5, 1:41 PM

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7819 by Nunphell »»
May 5, 12:35 PM

» [HALL OF LEGENDS] Hacker09, MyAnimeList's #1 coder!

Shishio-kun - Dec 10, 2023

9 by hacker09 »»
May 2, 9:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.