Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 23, 2013 10:53 AM

Feb 2012
Kurogashi said:
i think people are too used to having information spoon fed to them and more often than not, follow linear stories.

Wrong analogy. Maoyu isn't spoon-feeding us, but it's also not even giving us a spoon to feed ourselves -- I'm being forced to eat soup with my hands, and the broth keeps slipping through my fingers. All that's left is chunks of potato.
Feb 23, 2013 11:46 AM

Oct 2009
I knew potatoes were evil!
Feb 23, 2013 12:07 PM
Jul 2012
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz man this shit is boring lol
Feb 23, 2013 12:10 PM

Mar 2008
JohnGalt89 said:
Appel_stroop said:
So.... potatoes are evil?

Indeed. Even a certain wolf deity thinks so:

And they don't like when you compare both.

Anyway... i'm the one that cry during Female Knight's scene? So ridiculous, humiliating, degraded. She was not supposed to be a strong woman? Then, why so weak?!
The same apply to the others, while they are classic stereotypes they are not up to their stereotypes. The weak and tearful king is acceptable, but and weak and tearful Old Man no, he should be experienced and rational, reliable. Note that standard, as the characters contradict their stereotypes. This eventually weakens the characters and the series as a whole.
PaninaManinaFeb 23, 2013 12:18 PM
Feb 23, 2013 12:36 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
PaninaManina said:

Anyway... i'm the one that cry during Female Knight's scene? So ridiculous, humiliating, degraded. She was not supposed to be a strong woman? Then, why so weak?!
The same apply to the others, while they are classic stereotypes they are not up to their stereotypes. The weak and tearful king is acceptable, but and weak and tearful Old Man no, he should be experienced and rational, reliable. Note that standard, as the characters contradict their stereotypes. This eventually weakens the characters and the series as a whole.
It's the potatoes. It's affecting their judgement.
Feb 23, 2013 2:41 PM

Oct 2011
Since in the OP, the Head Maid got her arm severed, so I can take it that Maou will go on a rampage eh.
Poor the girls, but why does the little one has to go, she can just stay at home.
Anyway, why the hell is potato evil, what's wrong with the Light Spirit.
Signature
Feb 23, 2013 4:46 PM
Jun 2010
Can anyone tell me what soundtrack is when the Knight gives a speech to the Hero, about giving herself to him. Can you?
Feb 23, 2013 5:08 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm surprised the knight is so willing to bend her sword to the Hero and in effect accepting being the no.2 woman in his life. Is this in the source material too?

Looks like we'll get some serious action soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 23, 2013 5:21 PM

Feb 2010
Shocker! A "Church" is hindering human progress?! That never happens! :cough:

Anyways, I enjoyed this episode immensely. Good buildup to conflicts.
Feb 23, 2013 5:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
MusashiRose said:
Shocker! A "Church" is hindering human progress?! That never happens! :cough:
Need more potatoes.
Feb 23, 2013 6:38 PM

Dec 2011
Things escalate quickly in this anime. Can't believe Maou is discovered already... and Older Sister Maid needs to play as decoy.

Looks like they are worried about letting Yuusha do things alone again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2013 7:48 PM

Feb 2012
So what's up with the mage?
Feb 23, 2013 10:23 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep even so it left me asking for more to figure out exactly how he's going to deal with the church.
Feb 24, 2013 12:19 AM

Feb 2013
good episode, makes me excited for next one. That scene at the end was pretty intense, anyone know what music was being played?
[/url]
Feb 24, 2013 1:29 AM

Mar 2012
This series is just full of twists and turns. This is probably my favorite new series of 2013. Hard to believe there are only four episodes left.
Feb 24, 2013 6:28 AM

Feb 2012
nice ep.
Feb 24, 2013 6:57 AM

Jul 2010
What a predicament they're in this time. Now Maou is a heretic all of a sudden?

Feb 24, 2013 7:10 AM
Dec 2012
Onyxthegreat said:
Now Maou is a heretic all of a sudden?

Even if she had not been called a heretic in this episode, she would've been likely to be labeled as a heretic by the church later cuz she is a demon king. It would've been a matter of time.
Feb 24, 2013 8:01 AM

Sep 2008
eminagnam said:
Onyxthegreat said:

Even if she had not been called a heretic in this episode, she would've been likely to be labeled as a heretic by the church later cuz she is a demon king. It would've been a matter of time.

Church politics, plus the fear that winter nation is starting to become self sufficient and more independent on its own, this means the danger of a shift in the balance of power, since a new Pope has been elected and there is an interest to reign in Winter Nation, they have decided to strike before is too late.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Feb 24, 2013 9:03 AM

Feb 2012
While it does add drama that the church has declared the scholar a heretic, I find it highly unlikely that anything like this would have come about in this manner. A church that spans multiple nations can never be a unified entity if it has any real power. The Winter Kingdom should have its own bishop that would be able to represent their side and attempt to avoid a declaration of heresy. If the leader of the church is like the Pope, then he actually has very little authority over what the bishops do; the Winter Kingdom bishop could just ignore the order or say they are unable to locate her. None of the other kingdoms would want the church to get the Demon King because that sets the precedence that the church can grab anyone, which is something the kings and bishops would not stand for. It is a shame that this show is not acknowledging the political aspects of a large organized religion and that there many divides within its structure.
Feb 24, 2013 9:23 AM
Dec 2012
Phaetons_Folly said:
The Winter Kingdom should have its own bishop that would be able to represent their side and attempt to avoid a declaration of heresy.

Or the winter kingdom might as well leave the church and make the king become Supreme Head of the Church of Winter Kingdom like Henry VIII did. But it wouldn't happen cuz it would bring about a war between the church and the kingdom, which both Maou and Yuusha want to avoid.
Feb 24, 2013 4:12 PM

Apr 2011
outlawauron said:
Hyack said:
Was trying not to fall asleep.. Zzzzzzz..

I can't imagine what people would say if they watched an actual slow show. Maoyuu isn't quick by any means, but there are dozens of great shows even slower. If anything, I think they're trying to fit too much in each episode. Would have loved for 24-26 episodes.

Same here I hope they decide to make a second season. It's a slow paced anime but I love the story and characters.
Feb 24, 2013 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
I love how they always say that the Hero could destroy every one any time, but he always declines to do so.
And why do they have to put the older sister in danger? :| I swear if something happens to her I'll teach them a lesson or two, lol.
Feb 24, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2012
I'm realy interested in seeing how much overpowered Yusha is.
Feb 24, 2013 8:30 PM

Nov 2007
Merchant saw through the fake. lol @ Yuusha freaking merchant out of it.

Oh, the mages are safe in Maou's place.

So Onna Kishi is now servant of Yuusha, who is servant of Maou... does that mean Onna Kishi is also servant of Maou?

Bold plan by Yuusha when Maou is absent. I hope it works out.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 24, 2013 8:38 PM

Jun 2009
I am really liking the show...

Hopefully the Hero can save the maid before she been through too much torture... from the preview, it seem like she'll at least get her back whipped...

Fucking church.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2013 11:36 PM

Jul 2010
eminagnam said:
Onyxthegreat said:

Yeah, that makes sense. :)

Feb 25, 2013 6:38 AM

Apr 2009
Some difficult decisions had to be made this time. The only thing left for them is to believe in Yuusha and a certain somebody's latent talents. While not a difficult decision, Maou also has a difficult struggle ahead of her as implied by Head Maid's line that she will offer her life to try and kill her if Maou comes out from the ritual as no longer who she was.

Pretty good thing that Young Merchant was quite open minded and not so easily freaked out after Hero suddenly 'abducted' him into the Demon Realm for a banquet in the now neutral Gateway City.
Feb 26, 2013 7:01 AM

Nov 2012
Finally comes to this part... I know what happens next, though only from one of the manga adaptation... can't be too far off, I hope.

Also, I noticed the animation is kinda... bad. Is it it because this is the mid season? The animation staff couldn't be bothered to put more effort, I guess.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Feb 26, 2013 3:09 PM

Dec 2007
Oh wow, my heart kind of broke at the decision to send older sister maid off as a prisoner like that. I mean, obviously she'll ultimately be safe, but still. Also the scene where Knight admits her inferiority to Maou was also quite sad.

I really kind of love Dragon Princess and her attendant, though, and I want to see more of them.
Ich verstehe nicht
Feb 26, 2013 3:17 PM
Dec 2012
Stringed said:
Also the scene where Knight admits her inferiority to Maou was also quite sad. .

It seemed to me Hero was trying to divert her romantic interest from him to the merchant.
Feb 26, 2013 10:42 PM

Jun 2012
Appel_stroop said:

lol.

Well, another good episode.
5/5.

Feb 27, 2013 12:28 AM

Sep 2012
Appel_stroop said:

Mumble200 said:
Demon Potatoes.

You guys should read more history: http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/PotatoHistory.htm

The potato was carried on to Italy and England about 1585, to Belgium and Germany by 1587, to Austria about 1588, and to France around 1600. Wherever the potato was introduced, it was considered weird, poisonous, and downright evil.
END QUOTE

This has really happened in history.

Same with Tomato too. The red color was seen as the temptation color of the evil.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 27, 2013 12:29 AM

Aug 2012
symbv said:
Appel_stroop said:

Mumble200 said:
Demon Potatoes.

You guys should read more history: http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/PotatoHistory.htm

The potato was carried on to Italy and England about 1585, to Belgium and Germany by 1587, to Austria about 1588, and to France around 1600. Wherever the potato was introduced, it was considered weird, poisonous, and downright evil.
END QUOTE

Same with Tomato too. The red color was seen as the temptation color of the evil.
lol
Feb 27, 2013 6:08 AM
Sep 2012
Poor Knight and Maid.
Feb 27, 2013 7:10 PM
Mar 2009
Can't believe there's only 4 more weeks left...I still remember eagerly waiting to see the first episode...

Whoa. The manga left out the part where Maou meets Female Magician. That would explain quite a bit on what's going on in the manga right now...

Hahaha, Hero and Young Merchant are acting like a bunch of lecherous old guys.

Lol, Hero. "Can I return this if I don't like it?"

So next episode is the Big Sister's speech, then we got 3 episodes left. I don't see how they'll wrap this anime up since things just keeping picking up from this point onwards.
Feb 28, 2013 6:50 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good episode. The Merchant figured out the illusion so quickly! :P Kind of nice to see him talking with Hero ... and then being teleported around to the Demon World and that feast LOL XD
Also I REALLY liked the scene with Knight offering her sword (and pretty much herself) to Hero. As well when she was comparing herself to Demon King ... IDK, I thought it was really touching ;3
Potatoes are evil ... oh crap. So the Older Sister has to let herself be arrested and then "saved" by Hero? That's an ... interesting plan. Looks like Hero's going to have to go away again ... huh
Oh and short scene with Demon King meeting the Magician (I think) and in the places with all the previous Demon Kings ... :O
Gotta say the animation was pretty meh this episode though :S
Mar 3, 2013 12:48 PM

Jun 2011
outlawauron said:
Hyack said:
Was trying not to fall asleep.. Zzzzzzz..

I can't imagine what people would say if they watched an actual slow show. Maoyuu isn't quick by any means, but there are dozens of great shows even slower. If anything, I think they're trying to fit too much in each episode. Would have loved for 24-26 episodes.
^ This

Edit:
I would actually prefer a longer 24-25 episode series, the pacing is too fast.
Pyr0Mar 3, 2013 12:53 PM
Mar 5, 2013 11:12 PM

Jan 2012
the story turns into some serious ones... go maid anee!!
Mar 14, 2013 9:02 AM

Jan 2011
Time is going way too fast in this show, why didn't they just go for a 2-cour instead? :(
I liked the episode itself, but the preview got me really exited for more.
Fortunately I stalled this for a long time, therefore I can wait the next episode right now.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 6, 2013 6:11 AM

Jul 2007
People REALLY surprised at religion hindering economic progress should probably brush up their knowledge of economic theory because that's pretty much reason why Europe's progress stalled for few hundred years.

the basis of Christian religion went against the very idea of economics as well as banking(the reason why first bankers in european cities were jewish as well as why christian population would oppress jewish populations), counting it as sin(in fact there's special circle of hell entirely for bankers).

At the same time one of major religious teachings in christian doctrine of the time was that one should not make direct profit from business.

While from side such ideas seem outlandish, in overall all of that was there so church could remain in power and control and not lose influence to various merchant guilds of the time(who themselves ALSO stalled progress via a class-rank system ). With such laws businesses would not gain influence as fast they would usually and church could still gain money from religious pardons and all that stuff, with most of priests of the time managing to amass quite a bit of wealth despite the teachings.

the economic "monopoly" of church is one of major reasons on why Luther's Reformation happened.

So its not that surprising that in this show which so far has been quite accurate to our history, church clearly based on catholic church of those times, would want to retain their influence.
Apr 13, 2013 1:45 AM

Oct 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
symbv said:
Appel_stroop said:

Mumble200 said:
Demon Potatoes.

END QUOTE

lol

Well, for me as long it's edible it's ok XD

Wah, I see three magician girls
and that feast, really full of (not) pettanko girls >_<
"Signature removed"
Apr 14, 2013 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
Boring as hell episode. Anime really fails to deliver comprehensive story.
May 5, 2013 3:46 PM
Nov 2011
things are getting interesting. I suspect, there shall be more to come
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 21, 2013 2:30 AM

Feb 2012
I think I'm really starting to like Kishi. Other than pretty boring episode.
May 24, 2013 12:07 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting development going on, so the Demon King met the wizard from the old team of the Hero? And the Knight gave her sword/body to the Hero well that sure are some interesting things!

I do hope those two maid sisters are going to be alright! Lets see what happens next!
Jun 10, 2013 3:02 AM
Jul 2018

I never thought that they will call the potato as a demon crop.
Maou's inventions are far away head to the civilization they currently have.
And what the heck is a Light Spirit anyway?
Jun 25, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2012
Appel_stroop said:

^ probably the best comment of 2013 right here.
Sep 23, 2013 3:43 AM
May 2013
Appel_stroop said:

Yeah , eat potatoes and you will become a demon, eat even more and become The Demon King.

Yuusha got another wife.
Dec 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
when one is around the other is away ..>
shit is about to hit the fan because of POTATOS the reallll evilll
[/quote]
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

9 by Rudericky »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.