Forum Settings
Forums

One Hour Crossover Special of Toriko, One Piece and Dragon Ball Z Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 7, 2013 3:49 PM

Nov 2012
i'm pretty stoked
Feb 7, 2013 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
It will be better if this was Bleach vs Naruto vs One Piece vs Dragonball.

Zoro vs Ichigo vs Trunks
Aizen vs Itachi
Sasuke vs Vegeta
Naruto Kyuubi mode vs Luffy vs Goku
Kakashi vs Byakuya vs Picolo
Shikamaru vs Mayuri
Sanji vs Lee vs Gohan
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 7, 2013 4:01 PM

Oct 2011
oh MY GOD
Feb 7, 2013 4:05 PM

Feb 2012
Sounds pretty awesome. I don't think anyone can really fight DBZ characters though, they can all blow up planets and tear the fabric of space.
Feb 7, 2013 4:13 PM

May 2012
NeoAnkara said:

Zoro vs Ichigo vs Trunks
Aizen vs Itachi
Sasuke vs Vegeta
Shikamaru vs Mayuri
Sanji vs Lee vs Gohan

Not happening, Naruto and much less Bleach are not in the same level of Toriko anime.

Get over the fact naruto and bleach ARE NOT AS BIG as some of you want to believe they are, its mainly westerners that have this perception, well, in western lands yes, Naruto and Bleach are huge but not THAT MUCH in japan.

Bleach and Naruto are only bigger than Toriko when it comes to the manga, and even then, those of you that wanna talk supposed "big three", Hunter x Hunter beats Bleach hands down and its basically a tie with Naruto.
Feb 7, 2013 4:18 PM

Mar 2012
9988 said:
NeoAnkara said:

Zoro vs Ichigo vs Trunks
Aizen vs Itachi
Sasuke vs Vegeta
Shikamaru vs Mayuri
Sanji vs Lee vs Gohan

Not happening, Naruto and much less Bleach are not in the same level of Toriko anime.

Get over the fact naruto and bleach ARE NOT AS BIG as some of you want to believe they are, its mainly westerners that have this perception, well, in western lands yes, Naruto and Bleach are huge but not THAT MUCH in japan.

Bleach and Naruto are only bigger than Toriko when it comes to the manga, and even then, those of you that wanna talk supposed "big three", Hunter x Hunter beats Bleach hands down and its basically a tie with Naruto.
Just my wish. Doesn't matterif it's big or not to me. I just want to see Itachi vs Aizen and Shikamaru vs Mayuri.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 7, 2013 4:26 PM

Nov 2010
_Megatron_ said:
This in reality is just a desperate attempt to keep Toriko relevant. Crap series.
Not really, Toriko is very popular in Japan. It's above a lot of other shows in tv ratings including Fairy Tail and I think near Naruto.
Feb 7, 2013 4:40 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, too "deluxed" (超豪華)!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 7, 2013 5:00 PM
Jun 2011
Wow they're actually going to do it!
And while I am a little disappointed They're doing it with Toriko, I'm still looking forward to this
Feb 7, 2013 5:01 PM

Oct 2010
This is gonna be interesting.
Feb 7, 2013 6:24 PM

Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
_Megatron_ said:
This in reality is just a desperate attempt to keep Toriko relevant. Crap series.
Not really, Toriko is very popular in Japan. It's above a lot of other shows in tv ratings including Fairy Tail and I think near Naruto.

Well it helps that Toriko airs right before One piece.
Feb 7, 2013 6:54 PM

Nov 2010
_Megatron_ said:
IntroverTurtle said:
_Megatron_ said:

Maybe it helps a little but it's pretty damn high, I don't think you can chalk all of it up to One Piece. It's like the second most popular shounen in Japan right now.
Feb 7, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
NeoAnkara said:

Zoro vs Ichigo vs Trunks
Aizen vs Itachi
Sasuke vs Vegeta
Shikamaru vs Mayuri
Sanji vs Lee vs Gohan

i feel like the battle that sanji would be involved in is a cooking match, but there's only the ichiruka ramen guy to face him.

and sasuke vs gohan might seem like a more interesting fight, dispite the huge similarities sasuke and vegeta show.

Feb 7, 2013 8:39 PM

Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
I don't think they would have them fight each other. They will probably team up together since they all three think of food. Only Zebra, Zoro, and Vegeta are fighting.

As much as I love Zoro as a character, Vegeta will win without any effort. Any DBZ character fighting will win.

NeoAnkara said:
In which universe they fight, Jumpverse? I want somedays there is massive jump crossover movie.

Ever played JUMP Ultimate Stars? =p

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 7, 2013 10:40 PM

Mar 2010
9988 said:
NeoAnkara said:

Zoro vs Ichigo vs Trunks
Aizen vs Itachi
Sasuke vs Vegeta
Shikamaru vs Mayuri
Sanji vs Lee vs Gohan

who cares?
Do pop-up headlights really endanger pedestrians that much?
Feb 7, 2013 10:42 PM

Mar 2012
Raven-san said:
Ever played JUMP Ultimate Stars? =p
No, the closes thing I play is Battle Stadium DON.
Feb 7, 2013 11:19 PM

Oct 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
_Megatron_ said:
IntroverTurtle said:
_Megatron_ said:

Maybe it helps a little but it's pretty damn high, I don't think you can chalk all of it up to One Piece. It's like the second most popular shounen in Japan right now.
That's only because it's shamelessly, obnoxiously advertised since it started. When Shueisha/Toei shove Toriko down readers/watchers' throats for years, it's only natural that people will check it out and some will like it, especially with its mainstream appeal. It was put next to One Piece and gotten color pages even when it was new manga doing poorly in rankings for no sensible reason (well, they wanted to create new Big3 as Bleach/Naruto were likely to end in few years but the way the were doing it...) it also got anime earlier than other, better doing series. All the more laughable is fact that Bakuman (niche genre in comparison) was outselling Toriko despite much lower amounts of advertising.
I'm sick of Toriko and how they put it next to One Piece or Dragon Ball on every possible occasion when truth is, it's infinitely worse and will never come close to them. I hope everything related to Toriko bombs until they see people don't want it.
ProgeuszFeb 7, 2013 11:24 PM
Feb 8, 2013 12:09 AM

Jun 2010
Tupac said:
I'm cool with DBZ and One Piece coming together, but Toriko can get the fuck out.
This.

But still nice. Looking forward to it.
Feb 8, 2013 12:36 AM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:

Zoro vs Ichigo vs Trunks
Aizen vs Itachi
Sasuke vs Vegeta
Shikamaru vs Mayuri
Sanji vs Lee vs Gohan

i really want to see that.
Feb 8, 2013 12:43 AM

Nov 2011
I hope Superman appears in the last minute and beats up everyone...

oh yes I said it
The Art of Eight
Feb 8, 2013 1:04 AM

Jan 2012
So much Toriko hate in this thread.

Which is a shame, because it's currently one of the better series in Weekly Shonen Jump. (a lot better than Naruto or Bleach).
Feb 8, 2013 3:56 AM

Feb 2010
They need to mix it up with some Jojo Mojo to make it perfect ^^.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, One Piece x Toriko was already pretty enjoyable on its own.

and lol @ the Toriko hate/envy in this thread. Toriko is deservedly second only to One Piece in terms of popularity, that's just how it is.
AlcoholicideFeb 8, 2013 3:59 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 8, 2013 4:14 AM

May 2011
MasterKingJC said:
So much Toriko hate in this thread.

Which is a shame, because it's currently one of the better series in Weekly Shonen Jump. (a lot better than Naruto or Bleach).

Agreed!
Feb 8, 2013 7:17 AM

May 2007
I've tried toriko I just dont find it interesting what so ever just cuz its scales as a good show / manga doesn't mean you should like it...

anyway can't wait for it dbz + one piece <3
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Feb 8, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2010
vinnie-kun said:
I've tried toriko I just dont find it interesting what so ever just cuz its scales as a good show / manga doesn't mean you should like it...

anyway can't wait for it dbz + one piece <3
Nobody says you should.
Feb 8, 2013 8:59 AM
Sep 2011
you gotta be kidding me...holy crap. although i don´t like troiko its an epic idea. ichigo and naruto are missing though xD
Feb 8, 2013 11:44 AM

Aug 2012
Cashdaxxx said:
*Expecting an eating contest*

I second this, also if they do end up fighting for real I'm expecting the females to win through a comical sense
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Feb 8, 2013 3:14 PM

Oct 2012
I CANT WAIT! :D
Feb 9, 2013 2:20 AM
Feb 2012
The basic idea sounds interesting but it'll depend on its execution how well this crossover can fare.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 9, 2013 5:02 AM

Jan 2011
Sounds like a good crossover. There seriously needs a Bleach X Naruto X One Piece crossover already though. :P
Feb 9, 2013 10:03 AM

Apr 2011
I'm sorry guys, but Toriko sucks ass. Why is that show still running.

A world made of food.

Crappy design.

The most unorganized plot in the history of anime.

Hell, you might be better off with a crossover of Mars of Destruction and Bleach.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Feb 9, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2011
Cool cool cool. Not expecting anything fantastic out of this, though I am sort of excited to see the outcome.
Feb 9, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2008
i don't really care about toriko i'm more interested in luffy and goku
Feb 9, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2012
Feb 9, 2013 3:05 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not expecting much from the earth.. it will probably explode anytime soon if a crossover actually takes place :@
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Feb 10, 2013 11:40 AM
Jan 2013
I actually heard Toriko is good and people here in America love it. I wouldn't be surprised if Nicktoons got the rights to it eventually.
Feb 11, 2013 1:05 AM

May 2011
Meruru_Arls said:
I'm sorry guys, but Toriko sucks ass. Why is that show still running.

A world made of food.

Crappy design.

The most unorganized plot in the history of anime.

Hell, you might be better off with a crossover of Mars of Destruction and Bleach.

Sorry dude, but if you follow the news in ANN, then you notice that Toriko's rating are pretty much high behind One Piece, and it was really popular in Japan too.
Feb 11, 2013 6:50 AM

Oct 2007
SilentTruth said:
Sorry dude, but if you follow the news in ANN, then you notice that Toriko's rating are pretty much high behind One Piece, and it was really popular in Japan too.
If you actually thought a little bit you'd notice that's only because Toriko is just before One Piece. Its ratings aren't high because of its quality but because of timeslot it airs in. It's laughable that Precure airing haf an hour earlier than Toriko has higher ratings.
Here, latest ranking: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-03/japan-animation-tv-ranking-january-21-27 + http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-27/japan-animation-tv-ranking-january-14-20
If they switched places, Toriko would probably have 4 at most and Precure should have 6 or something.
Feb 11, 2013 7:23 AM

Sep 2011
Wow, the Toriko anime really sucks that much? No wonder since Toei, the manga was pretty entertaining from the few volumes I read of it.

Anyway, I want to see Goku and Luffy have a food battle.
Feb 11, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2010
Progeusz said:
SilentTruth said:
If you actually thought a little bit you'd notice that's only because Toriko is just before One Piece. Its ratings aren't high because of its quality but because of timeslot it airs in. It's laughable that Precure airing haf an hour earlier than Toriko has higher ratings.
Here, latest ranking: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-03/japan-animation-tv-ranking-january-21-27 + http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-27/japan-animation-tv-ranking-january-14-20
If they switched places, Toriko would probably have 4 at most and Precure should have 6 or something.
It sounds like you just don't like Toriko and since you don't like Toriko, it's impossible for anyone else to like it. Sure where they place it probably does have some influence on it's popularity, but that doesn't mean that people don't like it. It's just good marketing.
Feb 11, 2013 8:02 AM
Oct 2009
Actually, Toriko has lots of fans. The ratings aren't just because of the timeslot, since as u guys already know, the manga weekly ratings are usually in the top 3... sometimes above Onepiece and Assassination Classroom. And ya, almost always above naruto and bleach. The manga volume sales r pretty awesome too; more than bleach those past years. It's original: world about food, manly main 25y old character, beasts, etc...

And again, as u all know, those 3 series are the property of TOEI, and naruto and bleach aren't, thus they can't make a crossover for them. And there's nothing wrong with producers advertising their series. And we all remember the OP x DBZ manga crossover.

This special is to celebrate the Toriko anime series' 3rd year in the first place, so ya, without that, there wouldn't have been a crossover where u'll see Luffy and Goku together. (not to mention goku's Japanese voice which doesn't suit a middle-aged man's voice at ALL)

Lotsa people will watch this special ONLY for Toriko, including me. It's just preference. I for one, like main characters like Toriko more than Luffy, naruto, natsu and those guys. I just think many fans nowadays don't like muscular heroes who're not teens, (i'm seeing a lot of Jojo bash these days).
Feb 11, 2013 8:43 AM

Oct 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
It sounds like you just don't like Toriko and since you don't like Toriko, it's impossible for anyone else to like it. Sure where they place it probably does have some influence on it's popularity, but that doesn't mean that people don't like it. It's just good marketing.
I never said people can't like it, I'm saying it isn't as good as people make it out to be (actually I think it's terrible but that's my opinion based on small part of manga, it could have become maybe even decent). I'm not so sure about the good marketing. It is certainly effective but whether it's cost-effective, I have serious doubts. Whatever, Toei swims in money thanks to its other anime so it shouldn't bother them too much as long as they make any profit (they surely do but imo not as big as it would be possible with other series) and it's unlikely we'll ever get decisive data.

zangetsukakashi said:
the manga weekly ratings are usually in the top 3...
Lol, nope, maybe when Naruto gets CP and OP is on break. Toriko is also geting surprisingly many of color pages compared to other series when you consider actual popularity. Talk about aggressive advertising.
Feb 11, 2013 9:35 AM
Oct 2009
Well, at least sometimes it does. Like Jump 2012's issue 46, 47, 49, 51, etc.., and around 2 or 3 of Jump 2013's issues. (I can't remember which ones exactly, but those r some I recalled of the new issues). And at least you can't deny it's 90% ALWAYS higher than Bleach, ya? It's really popular in Jump, that's for sure.
Feb 11, 2013 9:45 AM

Nov 2010
Progeusz said:
IntroverTurtle said:
I never said people can't like it, I'm saying it isn't as good as people make it out to be (actually I think it's terrible but that's my opinion based on small part of manga, it could have become maybe even decent). I'm not so sure about the good marketing. It is certainly effective but whether it's cost-effective, I have serious doubts. Whatever, Toei swims in money thanks to its other anime so it shouldn't bother them too much as long as they make any profit (they surely do but imo not as big as it would be possible with other series) and it's unlikely we'll ever get decisive data.
From your posts, it sounds like you are chalking up it's whole quality to the fact that they used good marketing to promote it. I don't see anybody saying it's great in this thread, and it's not going to be in the crossover because the quality. It's going to be in the crossover because Toei is the studio and it's popular.
Feb 11, 2013 9:50 AM

Jul 2011
I wonder if they ever will think about One Piece/Naruto/Bleach crossover. I would like to see that.
I don't like Toriko, but One Piece and Dragon Ball will make it up. I hope.
講廢話,被撞到.
Feb 28, 2013 6:46 AM

Oct 2011
Toriko isn't that bad ... but the whole concept is kinda ridiculous, not even to mention that the characters aren't likeable >.>

Planning to watch it anyway, DBZ and One Piece together is nothing short of epic =)
PolychromeFeb 28, 2013 6:49 AM
Mar 1, 2013 3:18 AM

Sep 2007
I think some links need to be gave :

http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/

So some guys can try to read and learn how the votes are going for Toriko ?
Crappy ? Hum, no.
You don't like it so it's crappy ? Yep.
Trying to be objective on this forum ? "Hell, no, i'm not giving a f***"

So you can continue to cry and wrote your hate on this topic, facts will not change :

Toriko is fighting in the best ranks of the Jump polls.
He beat Naruto and Bleach a lot of time. (He did that to One Piece some times but it's very rare)).
It's like hating Assassination Classroom and saying it's crap ... but look at the poll.
Do Ansatsu have a bad rank ? Nope.

Yes, guys like you are in the old generation of manga, with Naruto/Bleach/One piece. But now, it's 10 years ago (Near 14 for One Piece), you have to understand the next generation of Shonen in Jump will be lead by Toriko, followed by Sket Dance and Gintama (i just speak about manga who have a lot of volumes).

You don't like this idea ? Like hell i don't care. It's just the facts.
Like i hate Haruhi but i have to knew it's a good anime. <_< (and i really hate it)
Mar 1, 2013 1:34 PM

Feb 2013
ERMAGERD vegeta vs zoro, the battle is going to make my balls drop, hard
Mar 1, 2013 2:25 PM

May 2012
Toriko anime is pretty good, I feel some of the "it sucks" comments have root somewhere else and not really about the anime/manga itself.
9988Mar 1, 2013 2:33 PM
Mar 1, 2013 7:23 PM
Oct 2012
Looking forward to it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» TV Version of 'Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction' Anime Movie Announced

DatRandomDude - May 20

21 by eli_shmeli »»
18 minutes ago

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by erikkamirs »»
25 minutes ago

» 'Edens Zero' Manga Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
2 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

19 by daddymahitowo »»
11 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

9 by Kamirura »»
Yesterday, 12:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.