Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Had to face palm myself during that scene when they were talking but otherwise, another funny episode imo. Dat nervous Tamako and Valentine.

Also those bunny suits sure are cute because the way they are:

Stark700Jan 20, 2013 4:45 PM
Jan 16, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
Tamako with her hair down is cuter than her with ponytail. Does she has glasses too for a little while?

lol @ thinking of Valentine specials for advertisements. lol @ the expressions when nervous in speech. lol @ the chicken replacing the machine. And who's that dark-skinned people?? the people that the chicken is searching for?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 16, 2013 7:56 AM

Aug 2012
Did not understand a word but found it funny still. Can't wait for subs.
[url=myanimelist.net/profile/Stocky[/url]

My precious BB Code :(
Jan 16, 2013 8:16 AM

Jul 2010
Tsundere father! Found that funny.
Jan 16, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2008
Valentines Nervousness, I was surprised at Tamako's father, who would've thought he would be a tsundere.

Mocchimazzi was plugged in instead of the projector lol

Also I loled at literal Mochimazzi on the line, I'm like get off the line no seriously please get off the line. Not sure who those tribespeople were on the film and if he was trying to search for them or not, sounds like he got accidentally shipped to Japan in those flowers where he was discovered by Tamako and Kaoru.

Those bunny suits were cute

Jan 16, 2013 10:57 AM

Jan 2011
o.o Mocchimazzi has mysterious function/skill lol. Ddidn't expect that he gets plugged in ^^

Nice Valentine episode!

Jan 16, 2013 12:15 PM

Aug 2011
Dying from moe overload.
Tamako looks like Chitanda with her hair down.... ~_~
Jan 16, 2013 1:39 PM

Mar 2010
this show doesn't need the damn bird at all
Jan 16, 2013 1:57 PM
Aug 2012
Really great episode. This one had some particularly great animation too, although, KyoAni generally has great animation all the time.

Is it next week yet?!
Jan 16, 2013 2:04 PM

Jul 2011
Lol, still not much of a story. But so moe and cute. Tamako's dad... was really cute when he made the heart mochi and was blushing and stuff. XD

I LOLed so hard when the bird started projecting the commercial. XD

More characters next episodes it seems.
Jan 16, 2013 2:19 PM

Sep 2007
KyoAni really know how to do cute don't they? Tamako looks like Eru from Hyouka, which is no bad thing.

Jan 16, 2013 2:22 PM

Sep 2012
just a thought... What "thing" do you guys think that the bird is? A robot that gets fat after eating mochi? @@

the nervous robot speech was so funny xD
Jan 16, 2013 2:36 PM
Oct 2010
winter_mint said:
just a thought... What "thing" do you guys think that the bird is? A robot that gets fat after eating mochi? @@

It's a cyborg bird...

And I guess this is becoming magical reality, where it's just slightly surprising to see a bird project an image, and the fact that it talks isn't even thought as weird anymore.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 16, 2013 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
It was so cute, especially lovey dovey part ;D i laughed so hard and watched this moment couple times.

But in overall story it didn't move forward at all.
Jan 16, 2013 2:43 PM

Feb 2011
Such a cute and relaxing series <3 I love it . KyoAni FTW
Jan 16, 2013 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
I like how the anime tried to match the lyrics of the french song :P
I love this series! :) This kind of comedy is the best.

After Akio, I love this dad! I love KyoAni's dad character LOL
Jan 16, 2013 2:45 PM

Sep 2012
Give me more ! Give me more french songs !
Jan 16, 2013 2:46 PM

Sep 2007
Kurini said:
This kind of comedy is the best.

Completely agree

Jan 16, 2013 2:48 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep. Far less random and slower paced than the first ep which is nice to see.

Love all the characters so far, and Midori totally has the hots for Tamako. Hopefully we'll see progress on that front in the coming eps :D

Also, seeing cute girls in bunny costumes = win

And of course, who can forget the bird? Seriously, I find it hard NOT to like him.

Just look at that #swag

Ajunky said:
winter_mint said:

It's a cyborg bird...

And I guess this is becoming magical reality, where it's just slightly surprising to see a bird project an image, and the fact that it talks isn't even thought as weird anymore.
I stopped caring about those details. I see it as a cute and fluffy show so trying to figure out how the bird operates and why everyone acts normally around it is pointless imo.

Just enjoy it ;D
Jan 16, 2013 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,was more slow that last episode but still pretty good!

The girls looked cute in bunny costumes also loved the way the speak when they were nervous and i starting to have some yuri feelings from Midori to Tamako our maybe its me overthinking things
The tsundere dad was funny and the rest group was funny specially like the grandpa.

Dera still great specially at the end how they discover he was kinda a robot and nobody gives a damn....yep that kind of anime.

Well so far seems will be a relax comedy anime,will continue to watch no doubt!

GIFS/Avatars on the club!! http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=547003&show=0#post1
raxius1230Jan 17, 2013 12:16 AM
Jan 16, 2013 3:16 PM

Apr 2012
Still don't see why the bird's in the series at all, but I guess it's just one of those funny quirks that some anime have.
I also quite liked the way Midori's growing feelings for Tamako wasn't just thrown into one big realization, like "oh wait, I'm crushing on my best friend!", but rather fed to her with subtlety. Hopefully Tamako won't completely ignore her for the sake of that stupid mochi-rival-guy -.-

raxius1230 said:
The girls looked cute in bunny costumes also loved the way the speak when they were nervous and i starting to have some yuri feelings from Midori to Tamako our maybe its me overthinking things

Definitely! In the description of the series, they also wrote something along the lines of "Midori having to figure out her growing feelings for Tamako". Though with that M-something-guy from the rival mochi shop in the picture, I don't think it'll be canon :(
Jan 16, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2012
I liked it more than the first Episode. Loved it, the Scene on the Couch with Kanna and Midori cuddling, was really, really fluffy. I like where this is going.
Jan 16, 2013 3:23 PM

Jul 2011
As always, KyoAni excels with making stuff look cute. Would kill for plot/characterization though.
Jan 16, 2013 3:31 PM

Dec 2007
I think I love this show already, this might be my favorite KyoAni show besides Hyouka :p
Jan 16, 2013 3:37 PM
Oct 2010
cladinpink said:
I also quite liked the way Midori's growing feelings for Tamako wasn't just thrown into one big realization, like "oh wait, I'm crushing on my best friend!", but rather fed to her with subtlety.
I agree with that, and I'm particularily glad it wasn't used for comedy.

I'm starting to think this has a message about accepting things as they are, be it unconventional feelings, a crossdressing florist, or a talking projector-bird.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 16, 2013 3:39 PM

Jan 2013
SCREECHES MIDORI LOVES TAMAKO
Jan 16, 2013 3:50 PM

Feb 2012
Man the bird is golden, and that grandpa got style.

Good episode.
Jan 16, 2013 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
Ajunky said:
cladinpink said:
I also quite liked the way Midori's growing feelings for Tamako wasn't just thrown into one big realization, like "oh wait, I'm crushing on my best friend!", but rather fed to her with subtlety.
I agree with that, and I'm particularily glad it wasn't used for comedy.

I'm starting to think this has a message about accepting things as they are, be it unconventional feelings, a crossdressing florist, or a talking projector-bird.

I found it quite surprising that Midori has feelings for Tamako i did not think this was the sort of anime that would touch anything like that, i thought it would just have the girls relationship like k-on's or something. Well lets hope they actualy use it instead of just using it for just this episode then just forgetting about it.

Like a few people said this anime really does not need that bird i think i would like this better without him.

Everytime i hear Tamako's dad speak i can not help but think of http://myanimelist.net/character/39989/Amata_Kihara , i know he has had a load of roles but i think Kihara was the first character i really noticed his voice and had it stick with me.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jan 16, 2013 3:53 PM

Dec 2011
Even in this episode... Dera is such a fabulous bird!
It was fun watching it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2013 4:00 PM

Jul 2012
.. No matter how generic the moe is, I can't stop loving it. Or giggling at the show. Or thinking "d'awwww" at the cute moments. Fuck you KyoAni, god dammit.
Jan 16, 2013 4:02 PM

Dec 2010
Seems i wasn't just imaging the implication that Midori likes Tamako, either that or the other people who thought that also got it wrong. Well either way a fun episode.
Jan 16, 2013 4:07 PM

Nov 2012
Vylash said:

IKR XD
Jan 16, 2013 4:10 PM

Aug 2012
I love the bird.

Enjoyable ep.
Jan 16, 2013 4:23 PM

Feb 2012
mdz said:
Would kill for plot/characterization though.

Finding out that Midori has feelings for Tamako wasn't enough?

Vylash said:

Who would you have substituted into his conversation with Midori, then?

Feb 2009
Gotta love how everyone is saying the bird has no point in the series when we are two episodes in. I would bet my hat that at SOME point, him as his whole "bride for his prince" mission will be important.

I, personally, was not a fan of the yuri tones... Heck with that, I am TOTALLY hardcore shipping Tamako x Mochizou.

Oct 2010
DStev said:
I love the bird.

Enjoyable ep.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Jan 16, 2013 4:28 PM

Dec 2007
Kipcha said:
Gotta love how everyone is saying the bird has no point in the series when we are two episodes in. I would bet my hat that at SOME point, him as his whole "bride for his prince" mission will be important.

I, personally, was not a fan of the yuri tones... Heck with that, I am TOTALLY hardcore shipping Tamako x Mochizou.

Same here!! ^_^
Jan 16, 2013 4:29 PM

Nov 2012
I don't what WHAT THE FUCK am I watching but I wanna watch more of it :P God damn it KyoAni!!!
Jan 16, 2013 4:32 PM
Oct 2010
good ep. love the ending song
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

めんどくさい

Sep 2011
This show definitely has character (despite the "moe" overload).

I'm glad the bird was toned down a little this episode. He still rubs me the wrong way, but I DO appreciate his role in the story.

Jan 2011
Yvese said:
Great ep. Far less random and slower paced than the first ep which is nice to see.

Love all the characters so far, and Midori totally has the hots for Tamako. Hopefully we'll see progress on that front in the coming eps :D

Also, seeing cute girls in bunny costumes = win

And of course, who can forget the bird? Seriously, I find it hard NOT to like him.

Just look at that #swag

Ajunky said:
winter_mint said:

It's a cyborg bird...

I stopped caring about those details. I see it as a cute and fluffy show so trying to figure out how the bird operates and why everyone acts normally around it is pointless imo.

Just enjoy it ;D
you're forgetting all this Swag also lol
funny episode once again with over dose of moe~
Jan 16, 2013 4:34 PM

May 2010
quite enjoyable episode.and i usually not a huge fan of moe overkill.

still i cant get over that florist..something is wrong with his/her voice/look...
Jan 16, 2013 4:41 PM

Apr 2008
What an adorable episode! Midori crushing on tamako is so cute, I hope they will develop that.
also, I love tamako and her dad
Jan 16, 2013 4:44 PM
Nov 2012
Yuri has never been *THIS* sweet and innocent.
This series has my vote, will keep watching.
Jan 16, 2013 4:47 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty lame, pointless and boring in my book..
More enjoyable than the first ep, though.
The bird was not even close as annoying as last week.
Still it won't hold me watching this any further.
Jan 16, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
Kerozinn said:
quite enjoyable episode.and i usually not a huge fan of moe overkill.

still i cant get over that florist..something is wrong with his/her voice/look...

Either she's transgender, or he's very feminine. There's nothing "wrong" with them. I don't know if you've realized it, but a major theme in this show is accepting unconventional things, be it a talking bird, a transgender/feminine florist, or feelings for someone of the same gender. "Anyone can love anyone they want," as Kana says.
Jan 16, 2013 4:52 PM

Dec 2009
Far better than the first episode!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 16, 2013 5:03 PM

Apr 2012
Ugh, the moe felt too forced and while the story was less random than the first episode, it practically shifted focus to a holiday event and to another character, which is a bit odd for a second episode. All in all, I don't think this episode really did anything, and while I guess that's the point of slice of life shows, it felt more like a holiday special than an episode made to develop the series/characters. The whole Midori/Tamako thing reminds me way too much of Ritsu/Mio's, and given KyoAni's reputation of playing it safe, I can almost guarantee that it will end in the very same manner. (5/10)
Jan 16, 2013 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
nil- said:
The whole Midori/Tamako thing reminds me way too much of Ritsu/Mio's, and given KyoAni's reputation of playing it safe, I can almost guarantee that it will end in the very same manner. (5/10)

In all fairness the Midori/Tamako thing has already gone farther in two episodes than the Ritsu/Mio thing ever did.
Jan 16, 2013 5:11 PM
Nov 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
nil- said:
The whole Midori/Tamako thing reminds me way too much of Ritsu/Mio's, and given KyoAni's reputation of playing it safe, I can almost guarantee that it will end in the very same manner. (5/10)

In all fairness the Midori/Tamako thing has already gone farther in two episodes than the Ritsu/Mio thing ever did.

Was there anything between them at all? I might have missed something ...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

175 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

179 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

365 by Estefan »»
Mar 19, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2013

224 by katakumplat »»
Jan 7, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2013

132 by katakumplat »»
Dec 31, 2023 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.