Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 5, 2013 9:20 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG DAMIAN! Why didn't you stop driving when you want to help Hibito? As soon as he told Hibito to search for the manual, I knew something bad will happen, and :(

-The new OP is cute!
-I like the director! Haha, I laughed so hard when his character got erased! XD
-Haha, I hate teacher who give lesson by reading his notes.
-yay! ED by Motohiro Hata :)

Back to the cliffhanger, I hope that they are alright! It seems that they felt really deep down! :( But seriously, drive carefully people.
KuriniJan 5, 2013 9:27 PM
Jan 5, 2013 9:33 PM

Apr 2010
FUCK, I KNEW IT.
Jan 5, 2013 9:38 PM

Oct 2012
I love the new opening and ending.

Seems like they took a deep fall.

This could possibly be the turning point of the series.

Ewww.... They eat silkworms in space??

Shit just got more intense.

Cant wait for the next episode

Btw, love the director's speech.
Jan 5, 2013 9:39 PM
Jul 2011
I did not expect something like that in this show.

I can't find the name for the ending song.
Jan 5, 2013 9:45 PM

Jul 2011
New opening and ending and great episode - almost makes up for 1 week without Uchuu Kyoudai.

Serika catching cherry blossom petals was hilarious. I think it was on TV.

And the director is great.

Terrible lecturer - mumbles and reads off the notes!

Hibito won't die, I htink... but that situation looks horrible. I wonder how they'll manage. Btw, this is DISTRACTED DRIVING. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD! D:
Geez, my heart skipped a beat there, even though I knew it was coming. ><

So we're not going to see Mutta in space anytime soon.
Jan 5, 2013 10:00 PM

Apr 2010
I think Hibito might just die there.
Jan 5, 2013 10:04 PM

Jun 2012
The new OP and ED for this last cour are a great way to send off this show : D

I found it interesting what the Hibito and the other astronaut were talking about how depth perception on the moon is fuzzy since the moon doesn't have an atmosphere like Earth and how it can cause you to fall into the craters. I can't believe he took his eye off the road when he already almost crashed once already haha
Jan 5, 2013 10:19 PM

Oct 2012
Solkiskey said:
I think Hibito might just die there.

Im speculating that

Im really hoping towards the latter because it would have a greater impact towards the series. We would be able to see how hibito's death will affect mutta's psyche and mental health during training. It will really give his character a much greater burden to bear than that of his previous struggles (jaxa evaluations and exams) and may even motivate him to avenge his brother. That will be very interesting indeed.

Although it will be like what happened with the Jay brothers. Maybe this all ties in to the theme of destined fate, (the flash which lost the signal to the equipment and caused them to venture deep into the moon's surface) which is prevalent in this series.
Star_BoyJan 5, 2013 10:30 PM
Jan 5, 2013 10:22 PM

May 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:

I found it interesting what the Hibito and the other astronaut were talking about how depth perception on the moon is fuzzy since the moon doesn't have an atmosphere like Earth and how it can cause you to fall into the craters. I can't believe he took his eye off the road when he already almost crashed once already haha

It is funny how many accidents occur due to human error lol. I was like...saw that coming...
Jan 5, 2013 10:25 PM

Oct 2012
Tanta said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

It is funny how many accidents occur due to human error lol. I was like...saw that coming...

Thats just nasa/jaxa's fault for bad vehicle design. TWO levers for a glove box compartment? That's outrageous.
Jan 5, 2013 11:26 PM

Oct 2011
Kurini said:
OMG DAMIAN!

That was my exact reaction. xD

As plot twist-y as it might be for Hibito to die there, I really want both brothers to make it to space together and fulfill their promise before either one of them dies.
Jan 6, 2013 3:49 AM

Jan 2012
Now that will be a deep dive.

Jan 6, 2013 4:16 AM

Nov 2011
SHIT MAN! FUCKING JUMP AND USE THE LOW GRAVITY TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. YOLO.

And dat Teacher. How the hell did he become a teacher?!? Let alone one for astronauts?! LOL
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 6, 2013 5:36 AM

Oct 2011
Serika catching petals was great
but Director was awesome - it seems to be his thing ;)

So now bit of drama and tension... I will end well for everyone (ok maybe not Damian) but wonder how they will show it.
Jan 6, 2013 6:05 AM

Nov 2008
I'm glad I didn't watch the live action trailer yet, seeing how some said it contained spoilers to what we just saw happening.. It can only mean one thing..

I did like the inspirational speech by the director, as I can definitely see someone using those references in a speech in real life.
Jan 6, 2013 6:26 AM

Jan 2010
That was so stressful. They were driving way too fast, even after the first almost accident. Ugh. At least the classroom scene lightened things up a little.
Jan 6, 2013 7:42 AM

Aug 2008
AnimeFtw1 said:
I can't find the name for the ending song.

It's "Goodbye Isaac" by Motohiro Hata
And OP is "Small World" by Fujifabric :)
Jan 6, 2013 7:47 AM

May 2008
HOLY CRAP . my eyees were wide open when they fell into the hole . Well i guess thats one way to create tension on the moon HAHA .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 6, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
I'm not sure how I feel about the direction they took from this episode...

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 6, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
Fuck I knew it. The atmosphere was so tense whenever they were riding. They should have known after the first time that they shouldn't let their guard down.

Anyway, I loved this episode, great message from the director. He owned it. lol.
Jan 6, 2013 8:38 AM
Oct 2012
Maybe they will find some aliens in that hole! and the aliens will save them :D
Jan 6, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2010
Was the petal scene a tribute to Hajime no Ippo?
It funny I just watched a video about the making of A Trip to the Moon and then the OP changes to a tribute to it.
You would think that Nasa would have elevation maps of the moon so astronauts wouldn't just drive off the edge of cliffs, but I guess then we wouldn't have the drama.
Jan 6, 2013 11:10 AM
Aug 2009
HUUUGGGEEE spoiler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McyZSs1L_nk

@ 0:55

Oomyung said:
Was the petal scene a tribute to Hajime no Ippo?
First thing I was thinking about...
Jan 6, 2013 11:15 AM

Mar 2009
DAMN IT NO! I sincerely hope Hibito doesn't die. He was in the preview, so...as long as he doesn't die from lack of oxygen. =(

Crazy cliffhanger. It's going to be a long week.
Jan 6, 2013 11:55 AM

Oct 2011
HIBITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOO
Jan 6, 2013 12:31 PM
Oct 2008
Billowing dust on the moon is a big time no-no, Space Brothers!
Jan 6, 2013 1:08 PM

Jul 2012
This new opening is even worse than previous one.
Jan 6, 2013 1:19 PM

May 2011
Misiakk said:
This new opening is even worse than previous one.

Really? I've loved all of the OPs (including this one) thus far.
Jan 6, 2013 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
I liked the first two ones the most. They were about NASA, JAXA and going into space. The newest one is too random for me.Army of Apo aliens in wigs, some steampunk Mutta's rocket, Apo as Moon, other characters in robes. It don't feet into atmosphere of anime for me.
Jan 6, 2013 1:42 PM
Feb 2008
Holy shit, i hope Hibito is going to be fine!
Jan 6, 2013 2:09 PM

May 2011
Misiakk said:
I liked the first two ones the most. They were about NASA, JAXA and going into space. The newest one is too random for me.Army of Apo aliens in wigs, some steampunk Mutta's rocket, Apo as Moon, other characters in robes. It don't feet into atmosphere of anime for me.

Well, when I say "OP", I'm really talking about the music. :P

Although I should point out that the animation in the new OP is not at all random or unrelated to the series. It is based on the 1902 movie "A Trip To The Moon". Quite ingenious, really. :3
troy2062Jan 6, 2013 2:22 PM
Jan 6, 2013 2:37 PM

Jul 2012
I noticed that, they even point it at the end when he hold the book whith this title on it if someone didn't realise that. Still compared to previous ones it feels extremely random :P
Jan 6, 2013 3:19 PM

Nov 2011
Did a victory dance when the new OP came up, the director owned that speech and the lecture was hilarious, the show is moving really fast imo. If not for the preview, it would be a really tense wait for the next ep, although i doubt this is a show where they'll kill off characters.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 6, 2013 4:39 PM

Jul 2007
OMG DAMIAN, HIBITOOO >_<
I hope they'll be ok, or I'll be so devastated. Hopefully it's just going to be a moon adventure... I FEEL SO MOON!

P.S I already miss DOES' op, I actually sung it in karaoke last night :3
Jan 6, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2012
As expected... this is what happens in the live action, right?
Good thing they seem (or atleast Hibito) to be alive.

New OP/ED isn't so bad~ and the OP visuals aren't being serious again :D
Jan 6, 2013 5:47 PM

May 2011
Apo Planet was a thing of beauty in the theme song. xD

And ahh, the end of the episode, the agony of not knowing what is happening yet and yet I'm too lazy to check out the manga! But yeah, watching them drive more after avoiding that near death experience made me really nervous. But I didn't think they would really have something like that happen. Just figured it would be a funny they ram into the mountain moment or something.

Do astronauts eat silk worms at all in space at the moment? All I found was this article pointing to a potential future:
http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2009/01/13-02.html
Jan 6, 2013 6:32 PM

Oct 2011
38 episodes i've been waiting for something to happens !
and here it is in episode 39 a tragedy happen. a really f*ck up situation caused by a careless driver. XD

the story getting more interesting !, cant wait till next week :D
Jan 6, 2013 8:27 PM

Nov 2008
I wonder how Mutta will react when he finds out..they don't even show him in the preview. Hibito is obviously okay for now, but I doubt anyone will know that until much later.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jan 6, 2013 8:31 PM

Feb 2012
If I can look at the moon on Google Earth, then why can’t those astronauts have a decent map? I can understand that there isn’t any GPS there because they lack satellites, but terrain association and dead reckoning is all you need to navigate most places.
Jan 6, 2013 11:43 PM

Sep 2010
Well im not sure how long the air is supposed to last in thier suites, but if they are in the crator when the sun sets.... thats what will kill them. I think the temp on the dark side of moon is several hundred below if im not mistaken. Just googled it, said -382F (-230C). I think at least one of them will die if not both. My money is on other guy is killed in the crash, hibito will have to get out of the crator alone and will get picked up by others on his way back to base.
Jan 7, 2013 12:37 AM

Jan 2011
Maybe Hibito survives and gets found after maybe having some sort of "encounter" so it all stays as something made by the accident in his mind...

Damn if it normally is such an awesome show now I do not even have enough words for it!!
Jan 7, 2013 4:13 AM

Jul 2012
Hibito will shout "YeeY" jump off the buggy and survive :P

In previous episodes they were training to know where all the things are while blindfolded and now they are suprised that box got two handles :D lol
Jan 7, 2013 7:51 AM

Aug 2008
Hibito !!!DX
i hope both of them can go out of that crater alive
Jan 7, 2013 9:03 AM

Mar 2011
Wow what a ending. I really hope he isn't going to die, but that crater...

Very suspenseful episode.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jan 7, 2013 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
troy2062 said:
Misiakk said:

Well, when I say "OP", I'm really talking about the music. :P

Although I should point out that the animation in the new OP is not at all random or unrelated to the series. It is based on the 1902 movie "A Trip To The Moon". Quite ingenious, really. :3

Thanks for pointing it out for everyone ;) .... it took me some time to realize it but when I saw that rocket stuck in the surface of the moon I finally was sure.

Really liking the opening from a visual perspective (a little disappointed by the music though) ... the Apos with Mutta wigs are an awesome bonus XD

Now I totally feel like watching the "Tonight, Tonight" music video from "The Smashing Pumpkins" to maximize the "A Trip to the Moon"-feeling and make Hibito's accident forgotten. o_O
Jan 7, 2013 12:53 PM

Nov 2012
Cliffhanger?

Jan 7, 2013 1:25 PM

Mar 2010
The more I watch this anime, the more I can't understand how is it so underrated... it's simply the best anime ever, every single part of it brings several chills down my spine.
How I wish there were more anime like this one...

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
Jan 7, 2013 1:50 PM

Jul 2011
Amazing episode. Again, always leaving me to want more. "Space Brothers" is underrated probably because of the target audience. It requires more thought and experience you normally won't find from those who have yet to graduate college. It's a shame.
Jan 7, 2013 3:01 PM

Mar 2012
I knew something was going to happen to Hibito way before he even went to the moon. I just had that weird feeling and my prediction was right. Something DID happen. Let's hope that Hibito won't die because I'd really like to see them brothers fly together to space.

Thought after this episode: If I die... I want my body to be buried somewhere else other than Earth.

-DAMN THAT CLIFF HANGER!
Jan 7, 2013 3:32 PM

Oct 2012
SanzuNoKawa said:
The more I watch this anime, the more I can't understand how is it so underrated... it's simply the best anime ever, every single part of it brings several chills down my spine.
How I wish there were more anime like this one...

I feel you man.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.