Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2012 11:38 AM

Feb 2008
If you think about Light Novel sales, it's very possible they will announcement another season soon

ssjokg said:
c1c4x said:
I would say this is a rather good ending, we could see sugou crying for his life, many sao character, sandwich kun, boobs, also asuna and kirito sao ver. But seriously kirito you kiss asuna who just awake from 2 years slumber even though it's your first time meeting her in real life, nice one. Season 2? Anyone?

It's not like they are strangers.As for S2 we have to wait and see but seeing the sales I think it is very possible.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 22, 2012 11:39 AM

Dec 2011
Don't care what any one else says - SAO was the Best Anime this season! I hope it gets a 2nd season :)

This ep. went by too fast, but it was still great!

Dec 22, 2012 11:39 AM

Dec 2009
if only they didn't try to cram things and stick in all those BD boosting shots. Plus more content to explore things. Alas only 25 eps.
KvakondDec 22, 2012 4:38 PM
Dec 22, 2012 11:41 AM

Dec 2012
who is the blue haired girl ? is that asuna avatar in ALO ?
Dec 22, 2012 11:42 AM

Jan 2008
tsudecimo said:
who is the blue haired girl ? is that asuna avatar in ALO ?

It's Asuna.
Dec 22, 2012 11:46 AM

Jul 2011
Thank god it's all over... for now. (Because we all know it's going to get another season.) It's a real shame that this anime went from "Interesting and cool" to "Ah! My eyes! THEY BURN!" The first few episode looked like this anime had so much potential, and then it fell down a never ending cliff, its potential never to be seen again.
Miss-HanabiraDec 22, 2012 11:52 AM
"Humans are mean by nature, they are kind by choice."
Dec 22, 2012 11:48 AM
Oct 2012
The series just fell off after episode 14.

Not the greatest anime ever by any means but it was entertaining. Hopefully we get another season.

ShogionDec 22, 2012 11:54 AM
Dec 22, 2012 11:48 AM

Jun 2010
End rating is probably 5/10 for me. One of the worst of the season for me, well, at least after the SAO arc, but even then it was a bit above average.

I just thought that it was badly-paced and the characters weren't fleshed out enough. The story for ALO, in my opinion, was terrible, especially after being in the life-threatining SAO. I think it ruined the show for me. It did have potential, and I think that leaving it with the SAO arc for 25 episodes could have made it better. Not a LN reader though, maybe that did the story justice?????
Dec 22, 2012 11:49 AM

Aug 2011
Asuna looked like Musee from Xillia 2:

just sayin
Dec 22, 2012 11:49 AM
Oct 2010
GuZ said:
Thanks to A-1 for this unintentional comedy. Haven't laughed this hard at something since Another.

3/10 seems pretty fair.
LOL, It was so bad it was good?

I went with a similar train of thought...

I think you're underestimating this... I give it a 4/10

I almost gave it a 5, but it would be unfair to other shows I think are better.

EDIT: I must be drunk, making typo after typo
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 22, 2012 11:54 AM

Oct 2012
Did anyone else temp kirito to actually slit that pedophile's throat? i know i was! xD I was... DO IT! DO IT!

lol at the Kirito and Lyfa moment, i guess that'll do.. for now. :D

OP1 ending! now gimme Gun gale!!! (cross-fingers)
Dec 22, 2012 11:54 AM

Mar 2011
It was pretty good show.
Dec 22, 2012 11:55 AM

Jan 2012
So Aincrad is a lot smaller than Alfeim.....? Dafuq.

Also, did they reset his stats because he gained admin when he fought Sugou status?

Lizzbeth looks a lot different even if only her hair color was different. o.O

I love this series but overall the episode was meh after Kirito and Asuna met up.

I wonder if Kirito's kindness will end up hurting Suguha again.
Dec 22, 2012 11:55 AM

Jan 2012
I liked the series, 7/10.

It was really addicting, but it had a lot of flaws. The second arc was awful compared to first one.
Dec 22, 2012 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
I'm sad it's over - I actually enjoyed watching this anime and it's one of my favourites. The kiss with Asuna and Kirito in the hospital nearly made me tear up, I was smiling so much. <3

The fight with Kirito and Sugou in the parking lot could've lasted longer - was way too rushed in my opinion.

I like how the old characters were reintroduced and seen in the real world, as well as finding out some of their real names. The fact that Aincrad was put into ALO was a bit of a mindfuck though but the ending was sweet.

The soundtrack was also brilliant - I love the 2 OPs and 2 EDs which I can't really say about other animes I've watched. "crossing field" playing as the ED really left me on a positive note smiling to myself.

I'm also a light novel reader and I believe the anime was too rushed and didn't have enough development or explanations in certain scenes. However, I'm grateful to see it animated and I loved watching it overall. I give it 9/10.
HimenaDec 22, 2012 12:25 PM
Sep 2012
Finally we are done, it was so good at the beggining with the SAO arc, then the alfhiem ark was just meh or worse than meh, but the Gun Gale Online arc is epic i tell you EPIC!

Aug 2011
It was an okay ending. I kind of... felt like I expected more out of the 'I'm going to fucking kill you' scene.

Also, didn't he get stabbed in the arm? So how is he not in pain. Oh well.

I liked SAO better when it was about SAO. The ALO arc let me down. The music was amazing, the animation was great too. I think Kirito should stop hugging/putting-unaware-moves on Sugu, because she's going to raise her hopes. All of them. Because he's obviously so in love with Asuna that he won't fall in love with anyone else.

Not sure whether to give it a 6/10 or a 7/10. Currently it's 7/10 though.
Dec 22, 2012 12:01 PM

Dec 2011
Surprisingly they were able to wrap this up pretty neatly for both the fans of the LN and those who only know SAO through the anime. Clean, no filler like scenes that would have pissed off the LN fans, short but still leaving a meaning behind. To be honest I was worried when I watched the first two episodes of the season cause they messed with the sequence..... but I guess all ended for the best.

I can almost gaurantee a second season by the way this thing has been hyped up. GGO HERE WE GO!! XD
Dec 22, 2012 12:02 PM

Sep 2011
Finally this shit is over. Too disappointed that they used the 1st OP as the ending credit song.

Dec 22, 2012 12:03 PM
Feb 2012
HAY GUIZ I WATCH DIS SHEEET TILL TEH END AND IT SUX LOLOL I GIB IT 3/10 AND I BEIN GENURUS.

Seriously, though, if you disliked a show or series so much why watch it to the end just to come to the last episode to talk shit about a series you didn't like? Just drop the damn show and stop commenting. No one gives a fuck what you think, the only thing you make yourself do and look is a moron.

May 2012
what kind of ending is this T_T i better like the ending on SAO arc..

Nov 2012
Very enjoyable series. AsunaxKirito was sweet throughout the entire thing, and that is a plus for me.
A few nitpicks here and there, but I always looked forward to a new episode .. 7/10 for me :D
GateLambdaDec 22, 2012 12:08 PM
Dec 22, 2012 12:05 PM

Jan 2012
Thank god it's over worst anime I've ever seen.
Dec 22, 2012 12:05 PM

Oct 2010
Paul said:
It's actually not that. It's more the hair yes but MORE THAN ALL them ears with them ornaments and then whole going good together.
EstelleBright said:
Asuna looked like Musee from Xillia 2:

just sayin
I AGREE! Then again anime industry tip 101, ideas will be recycled one way or another.

I don't mind as long as variations of it are good. This one fails sadly.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 22, 2012 12:06 PM

Jan 2008
ihateuimeanit said:
Lurkerkiller said:
HAY GUIZ I WATCH DIS SHEEET TILL TEH END AND IT SUX LOLOL I GIB IT 3/10 AND I BEIN GENURUS.

Seriously, though, if you disliked a show or series so much why watch it to the end just to come to the last episode to talk shit about a series you didn't like? Just drop the damn show and stop commenting. No one gives a fuck what you think, the only thing you make yourself do and look is a moron.

nuff said

this people needs to go take a break from animes lol~

I'm not one to hate on SAO but I think you guys needa calm down... really... and honestly, trying to stop the trolling and hating is pointless. They feed off your effort. Just look at the other 200+ SAO threads including the episode discussions.
Dec 22, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2012
That was an alright ending. Loved the final showdown and meeting all the other SAO people. This was a pretty good series with awesome action sequences. I should really start to read the novels.
Dec 22, 2012 12:08 PM
Apr 2011
Lol wouldn't it have been awesome if Kirito actually sliced that guy's neck? Season two would be fu*king madness!

I can't wait to see Gigguk's review of this anime. I'll be rofling all day from that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 12:08 PM

Jan 2009
Well, that went pretty much as it should have. More or less. At times.
Too bad we'll probably never see the rest animated.
Or actually, that's kind of good. Don't want A-1 to screw anything else up.
Can I have a remake by some studio that can actually do adaptions properly? Like, uh, White Fox? Please? No? Okay, fuck you A-1.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 22, 2012 12:09 PM

Nov 2009
One must be the lowest kind of a human being if you add this anime just to give it a lower score.

People who hate this anime don't even belong in the SAO forums.
At least all Germans have good taste.
Dec 22, 2012 12:10 PM
Nov 2012
Is it possible for anyone to tell me some spoilers of what happens next?
Dec 22, 2012 12:10 PM

Oct 2011
i enjoyed the ending, hoping there is a second season. however who knows when its going to come out, everyone knows how long second seasons can take, i mean i'm still waiting for HOTD second season...
Kouta: "I thought we were friends."
Lucy: "We are friends, that's why you're still alive."
Dec 22, 2012 12:14 PM

Dec 2012
Vizi_Reality said:
It's over?
A bit sad and a bit happy
Happy because at least there will be less SAO trashing
Sad because it ended
Although I'm disappointed with ALO arc, the whole ride was an enjoyable one
SAO 8.5/10
ALO 6.5/10
Overall 7.5/10

I agree 100% with this. Every bit.

I'm so glad they brought back the original OP, it really wrapped it up nicely. Such a great song!
Asuna's outfit was beautiful!
The whole part with the school and the real world "transfer" over was really cool. I appreciate that they did that and didn't leave it out or I would've been mad.
I didn't like the whole Kirito and Leafa dancing scene. What did that have to do with anything? Perhaps acknowledgment of them only being cousins? Her moving on? We may never know but I just thought it was extremely awkward. As was her reaction to Asuna reaching out for her at the end.
Overall a beautiful episode. A perfect finale to top off the disappointing ALO arc imo. The Asuna and Kirito "meeting" scene absolutely melted my heart :') Overall, I'm very pleased with A-1 for this final episode. I hope they don't make anymore because that was the perfect way to wrap up the series. We'll see though...you never know :P
etherealharmonyDec 22, 2012 12:20 PM
Please, dream some good dreams for me, Lloyd.

Dec 22, 2012 12:14 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty decent adaption of the ending of volume 4. I cringed when they showed man-Zelda's eye but good thing he got those injuries. The kiss scene was alright... Seemed like they used tongue for the bonus service. I especially loved the scene of SAO Kirito and SAO Asuna walking towards the night. The highlight would be the dance scene of Kirito and Sugu. That was beautiful and the music was great. They then reunite with their friends of ALO and SAO to journey off to Aincrad. The anime was alright.... I don't hate or like it. I despised the fan service scenes, the amount of bouncing boobs and ass shots, but overall, great animation for the fighting scenes (except there were some really weird face animations) and VA. I'll give it a 8/10. It went up two points because I felt the animation was nicely adapted from the novels. The fight scenes and music were great. Overall, it's an alright anime but people have got to calm down with the "SAO IS BEST IN THE FUCKING WORLD" comments.
Too bad they didn't have an introduction of the new characters for the upcoming season (I wanted to see the anime version of Shino SO FUCKING BAD) like Accel World. Well, with the overratedness of this anime and how people like to let out their juices with Sugu and Asuna, SAO would probably get a decent amount of sales for a 2nd season. Hopefully, if they ever make a new season, they get a new company to do it for them.
Dec 22, 2012 12:15 PM
Jan 2012
Wow, I actually like that episode a great deal. Finally we got to see the other bros from SAO. Been waiting 10 episodes for that.
Dec 22, 2012 12:16 PM
Aug 2010
The anime is good but Not the best

Why so many people need a second season real . It is not like incomplete story or anything it will be again as season 1.
Dec 22, 2012 12:18 PM

Sep 2011
x15 said:
The anime is good but Not the best

Why so many people need a second season real . It is not like incomplete story or anything it will be again as season 1.

Because they adapted only 4 Volumes I believe? There's a total of 11 Out so far.
Dec 22, 2012 12:19 PM

Oct 2011
Paul said:
Scrypt said:
It's funny how the flamers watch the series before anyone else just so they could get in to the discussions to say how much it sucked throughout. So what's the english word for tsundere?

Wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even seen the episode yet.

I find it funny they watch something they hate
Kouta: "I thought we were friends."
Lucy: "We are friends, that's why you're still alive."
Sep 2012
It was nice to see the other players, especially the ones who haven't been in an episode for awhile.

Feb 2011
Perfect ending , even though i don't see the point in starting the SAO game once again.

11/10 OFC ..
Dec 22, 2012 12:20 PM

Dec 2011
Average ending for average anime.
Overall, I give SAO 7/10

May 2011
Ending was good, one of the better episodes, brought my score back up to 5 :P. I really hope A-1 doesn't fuck up season 2, and if they do plan to do it, they gotta do some transition OVAs.

Dec 2012
lol good anime i hope it continues :D.
Dec 22, 2012 12:21 PM
Jun 2010
How do you know that we will have a season 2?
Dec 22, 2012 12:22 PM

Sep 2011
Nimed said:

We don't, but it's pretty obvious there will be one in the future. Judging by the sales of the LN, Sales of the Blu-Rays it will get more seasons.
Dec 22, 2012 12:23 PM

Jan 2011
Nimed said:

>SAO popular as fuck
>Games and shit
>Selling high
How do you not know it will have a season 2?
Dec 22, 2012 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
yay they played the first song at the end, i missed that song :D
Dec 22, 2012 12:26 PM

Nov 2007
I am such a sucker of romance in anime! God! the ending was so perfect I couldn't but give the anime a 10 out of 10.

Yeah, I was joking. Even for all the hype around Asuna x Kirito, it never infected me after the end of SAO arc. The anime was doing pretty decent even into ALO but then it just became a countdown for me to finish and get over with because I had already seen more than half of it anyways. But if they make a sequel, count me out.

I am going to stick with a 6/10 because it's worth just that much to me, and when the score is pretty much based on animation quality and background music, you can already tell how the characters and the story sucked overall for me.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 12:27 PM

Dec 2012
Finally this shitstorm ended.
Dec 22, 2012 12:28 PM

Mar 2011
Fantastic Peter Pan episode. Loved the part where they all had wings.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Dec 22, 2012 12:29 PM
Aug 2012
Saito6689 said:
Best Anime this season.
Haters gonna hate. 8.51 rating, you suckers.

Yall AW fanboys and fangirls and Accel World was REALLY bad compared to SAO.
There will be a second season and Accel world will get nothing. Heh.

Yo Dawg , I Heard u Riek ShitAnimeObviously
AW Have Epic Cliffhangers Every Ep & An Epic Cliffhanger For S2.
What About Ur Shit ? Continuing Random Power Ups ? SMD Bro
Pages (29) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2012

686 by amf85 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.