Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »
Feb 11, 2016 2:41 PM
Jan 2012
oh drug. Makishima is great villiain. I think is probably he 's creator of system sybil,because this your imunity.
Akane make your first great fail. This decisive for growing and directions for character.
Feb 27, 2016 2:23 AM
Sep 2015
So much hate towards Akane, she choose believing in a machine instead of stopping a crime occurring right in front of her. Good work officer Akane, hope you die soon.

This episode also showcase the numerous flaws of the Dominator: lack of follow up shots, need of charge time and dependency of the Sybil System. I think the inspectors would be better of with today weaponry
Mar 14, 2016 1:51 PM
Feb 2016
Gosh, this episode was super full of suspence. I can't believe that Akane's friend died in the end, it was awful :/

Akane was totally powerless: if she had chosen the gun, then sibyl sistem would judged her as a dangerous criminal. Maybe after this terrible experience, Akane will become stronger and less harmless idk..
Apr 9, 2016 7:00 PM

Aug 2014
Finally, something amazing.
No need to write more than that.
Excellent Episode. Best episode so far.
Apr 19, 2016 11:58 PM

Apr 2013
Unbelievable episode, been a while since I've been that sucked into a scene like I was that last 5 minutes. Be interesting to see how Akane kicks on from here Because that was a real punch in the gut. Didn't think he was actually gonna do it for a second..
Apr 20, 2016 7:14 AM

May 2015
Rewatching Psycho Pass its all its glory and just finished this ep. Still one of my fave series. On the first watch the suspense was through the roof and I was freaking out a lot lol. Rewatching it brings out many nuances and God forbid, ALL THE FORESHADOWING.

This ep really kicked up the stakes and lots of character development. I spent a lot of time hating on Kougami and his ~edginess~ on first watch, but the way he took care of useless civilian girl Yuki made me envious and changed my mind about him. Akane also took her first real step to being an excellent detective (the old-timey, nearly extinct type).

What Akane did was very well thought-out by the writers despite many commenters hating on her. Akane believed from the bottom of her heart in the efficiency of the Sybil System, how many people (other from wildcard Kou) can realistically throw that kind of brainwashing away and kill someone with her own hands? Imo, on top of not being trained with gunpowder weapons, Akane herself was never serious about shooting Makishima as she couldn't let go of her Dominator and all that it meant to her and her society. And unlike for most citizens, it's not a weakness for Akane, because she thought it through unlike 'livestock' and chose to continue believing in her job. If she had just up and killed Makishima, that would be contrary to her personality.

The scene clearly defined the person that Akane was, unwilling to bow down to those she does not agree with despite whatever strong persuasion. The whole show is basically a test of her character. She was also able to accept and live with her mistakes with a kind of maturity that is lacking in many of the other characters (that I also love don't get me wrong). But damn don't I wish Kougami could change a little more for Akane's sake instead of being so obsessed with Makishima. Wonderfully complex and realistic characters.
littlefujiApr 20, 2016 7:21 AM

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
Apr 21, 2016 5:50 PM
Mar 2014
Lol akane, you may not have used a gun before... BUT WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT USE BOTH HAND YOU FMSHIT! Jfc ffs! I'm surprised she didn't hit her friend! Holding a goddamn gun like that!

Btw I understand that what she did was entirely in character and what not, as believing in the system is what she would do, I'm just pissed that she didn't hold the damn gun with two hands.

That is all.
Apr 26, 2016 4:18 AM

Jul 2015
While watching this episode, I was shouting, JUST KILL THE FUCKING BASTARD, JUST KILL HIM.
But nooooo, she let Yuki die.
I can not even feel bad for her.
Ah this was so frustrating, I onlynfeel bad for Yuki, to die like that.
Apr 26, 2016 4:19 AM

Jul 2015
BloodReaperArmy said:
Lol akane, you may not have used a gun before... BUT WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT USE BOTH HAND YOU FMSHIT! Jfc ffs! I'm surprised she didn't hit her friend! Holding a goddamn gun like that!

Btw I understand that what she did was entirely in character and what not, as believing in the system is what she would do, I'm just pissed that she didn't hold the damn gun with two hands.

That is all.

She didn't want to really kill her. She shot with the gun, but she knew that it wouldn't hit.
She just didn't want to let go of the Dominator
May 20, 2016 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
Wow. Damn, Makishima Shogo. That was some torture and test you gave to Akane. Can't believe he actually really did it in the end. And yet his psycho pass reading just got lower and lower. I wonder why? Perhaps it's his indifference to all those killings and general lack of emotions? Like he is more of the rational type not emotional and the psycho pass can't really access that beyond the emotional level? So far all f the ones with high psycho pass readings displayed a lot of emotions? Perhaps Makishima's nonchalance was what gave the low readings. Other that or he's involved with the Sybil system on a high level...somehow. Like the creator's kid or something lol

Anyway, really intense episode. Feel bad for Akane, though it's interesting (for a change) to see her being so shaken up with Makishima's terrorising. Wonder if this experience will make her have a high psycho pass reading and hence make her a latent criminal... I hope we'll get to see her psycho pass being affected even just a little bit, because it's hard to believe her psycho pass will always be clear... Makishima is a different case though.
Jul 9, 2016 3:29 AM

Oct 2014
oh thank god, the creepy ass cyborg is finally dead, i hated his character

yuki's death is probably one of the saddest and cruel ones i've seen, in the end akane couldn't save her and she was tortured until her last moment - i honestly felt a bit sick when she started screaming for shogo cutting her back up and when he slit her throat

this was honestly probably one of my favorite arcs though (does this count as an arc? i mean it's two episodes so it's a short one but oh well im gonna count it as one) besides the rikako one
Jul 22, 2016 10:58 PM

Oct 2014
Wow, well that was quite the episode. Really enjoying Psycho Pass so far. After a solid 11 episode binge, time for a break and then to finish up within the next day or two.
Aug 12, 2016 3:06 PM

Jun 2016
More than anything, I reslly hated Akane in this episode. She acted like an idiot, letting her best friend be killed in front of her. All she did was holding the stupid Dominator. How can she stick to Sybil system when her friend's life is at stake?
Aug 13, 2016 2:05 PM

May 2010
karineyn said:
More than anything, I reslly hated Akane in this episode. She acted like an idiot, letting her best friend be killed in front of her. All she did was holding the stupid Dominator. How can she stick to Sybil system when her friend's life is at stake?

shes nothing but a mere pawn to her psycho pass/Sibyl system. This episode almost makes me want to justify Makishimas actions lol
Aug 14, 2016 2:16 AM

Dec 2013
Almost cried at the end of the episode. Damn, Urobuchi, you did it again!
karineyn said:

It's not that easy to kill a person. Even when a friend's life is at stake. Will you be able to do it that easy? Assuming you're not a soldier or a maniac, or whatever.
Aug 14, 2016 2:54 AM

Jun 2016
puella_magi said:
karineyn said:

It's not that easy to kill a person. Even when a friend's life is at stake. Will you be able to do it that easy? Assuming you're not a soldier or a maniac, or whatever.

Of cohese I wouldn't. I don't say killing is easy. But the context is quite different there. Akane is a detective, and they kill people when they have to. It is her job. If the Dominator worked on Makishima and switched to Lethal eliminator mode, she would kill him in the blink of an eye without any hesitation or regret.
What I criticized is, she waited the Sybil system to tell her kill the man, and when the Dominator was unable to do that, she couldn't do anything. She knew he is a serial killer, she knew no matter how clear his psycho-pass is, he was guilty, but chose to do nothing at the cost of her friend's life. We are talking about a social structure where criminals are decomposed, let alone killed. Not the society we know where people are sent to prison or something. So, in that world, killing Makishima is the right thing to do.

I don't think you can talk about being maniac or something in this context. Watch your language.
Aug 14, 2016 3:06 AM

Dec 2013
@karineyn
As I remember, Akane's experience of killing people is super low (even zero? I don't remember her killing anybody yet), so her psychological shock is understandable. As I can judge, in school they are taught theories, not practice (mentioned in early episodes). They are not taught properly how to kill a person both on physical and psychological levels or how to deal with this sort of situations.

But Akane lives in different society, where people are relying on technologies on that high level that they usually can't do a thing when an error occures. Makishima and that cyborg minister guy told viewers about it.

I didn't mean you're a maniac. What I was talking about that if you don't have any weapon-using skills and/or high self-possession and, of course, experience, it's hard to be rational in this kind of situations.
puella_magiAug 14, 2016 3:21 AM
Aug 14, 2016 3:25 AM

Jun 2016
@puella_magi
I get your point. And I know Aksme is the last person to kill someone in the show. But I didn't want Yuki to die that way. It would be great if Akane at least wounded Makisihma enough to prevent Yuki's death. Of course, it wouldnt make sense if the show's main antagonist died in the first half ot the series. I was just frustrated because Akane was so loyal to the Sybil system even though the system proved wrong in front of her eyes. Don't get me wrong, I can understand her psychology and shock as well. But I believe the scene shows how loyal she is to the system than how unwilling she is to kill someone. I am pretty sure she would kill Makisihma if the Dominator worked and switched to decompose mode despite her unwillingness to kill people.

But emotions aside, it was a great scene where we learned how flawed the system is in dealing with criminals.
Aug 14, 2016 3:36 AM

Dec 2013
karineyn said:
@puella_magi
But I believe the scene shows how loyal she is to the system than how unwilling she is to kill someone. I am pretty sure she would kill Makisihma if the Dominator worked and switched to decompose mode despite her unwillingness to kill people.

I agree mostly, but I don't believe that Akane doesn't care about killing factor. Speaking about Makishima situation, yes, she would kill him, because of all his previous murders, manipulative games yada yada yada.
But yeah, it's really hard to judge for me now, when I finished only 11 episodes. Let's see what will Akane do next.
Aug 21, 2016 5:07 PM
Jun 2010
OH... MY... GOD Shougo YOU ARE SO EPIC! I love how his crime coefficient just kept plummeting and that naive prick could do no shit against him lmao. Served her right. I wanted that annoying Yuki to die anyway and she finally did. The Shotgun guy's fight was underwhelming though. He seriously missed every single shot till the end? And fell for something like OBVIOUS blood trail? And didn't shoot the girl immediately while he was still alive? Hell no. Shougo should have disposed of Akane while at it.

puella_magi said:
karineyn said:

I totally would. Aku Soku Zan!

And I loved her fuckheaded lines here:

Akane said:
Drop your weapon and surrender!
As per the Citizen's Charter, I demand that you come with me!

Yeah say that to the mastermind, fugly idiot.
bloodtalonAug 21, 2016 5:19 PM
Sep 6, 2016 2:53 PM

Jan 2011
I wonder how the Sybil system actually works.

I mean, it is perfectly capable of"judging" machines (the drone some episode earlier, the two dogs, the old guy who only had a natural brain left), but when a human doesn't feel like it's wrong what he does it doesn't work? I wonder if it would have worked the moment after Makishima killed Yuki. After all, it does update according to perceived threats etc.

Not that Akane was in any position to fire right then..

Apparently it's also not possible to change the setting (safe, stun, kill) on your own. Or Akane simply doesn't know that, but i assume the former.

Why do they even need authorization then? I mean, whats the worst that can happen assuming the Sybil system is perfect? That one criminal gets his hand on a Dominator and shoots his rivals? Given that they apparently never question people or keep them under surveillance, but instead always go for the kill (or at least stun, and then directly to prison), how would that be bad?

In a really rare case it could be that a criminal stuns an enforcer and either kills him afterwards with other weapons or gets away etc, but if they would simply drop a shipment of unlucked Dominators in the worst parts of the city, the underground would clean itself up..

Given that they probably can track Dominators, too (unless the connection is jammed, but then it won't work, too) they can simply swoop in after a week or so and pick them up.

Also funny how that self driving weapon delivery car is not capable of standing up again. They have the technology to build autonomous hunting dogs capable of even bringing someone like Kogami down when he's not careful, but the police uses what amounts to a self propelled tea-cart..
Sep 13, 2016 5:08 AM
Jul 2018
Kougami went through all the trouble to keep Yuki alive, also took several bullets in his stomach, and look what Akane does. What a big fool she is.
Dec 27, 2016 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
OKAY, I'M REALLY LOVING THIS ANIME, BUT AKANE IS RIDICULOUSLY STUPID AND I REALLY COULDN'T STAND IT THIS EPISODE. FORGIVE ME IF WHAT I SAY GOES AGAINST WHAT YOU BELIEVE AND YOUR OPINIONS, BUT HOW COULD SHE NOT SHOOT HIM EVEN WHEN GIVEN A PROPERLY FUNCTIONING GUN? I FAIL TO COMPREHEND HER INABILITY TO SAVE HER FRIEND WHEN SHE WAS GIVEN THE PROPER WEAPONRY JUST AS SHE FAILS TO COMPREHEND THE WEIGHT OF A LIFE AGAINST HER IDEALS. LIKE OKAY, I GET THAT SHE DOESN'T WANT TO KILL ANYBODY, BUT IT'S OBVIOUS THAT DESPITE WHAT THE SYSTEM SAYS, THAT MAN IS FUCKED UP AND IT'S YOUR FRIEND'S LIFE THAT IS ON THE LINE. SHE IS ABOUT TO BE KILLED RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS DROP THE USELESS DOMINATOR AND SHOOT HIM WITH THE HUNTING RIFLE WITH TWO HANDS. YOUR FRIEND WAS BEGGING YOU TO SAVE HER AND YOU DID NOTHING. I'M SORRY, BUT I THINK THAT'S ABSOLUTELY DESPICABLE, AND I FEEL NOTHING BUT HATE FOR HER NOW. LIKE HOLY CRAP I MIGHT EVEN SAY SHE'S WORSE THAN SAKURA FROM NARUTO. I DON'T KNOW WHAT KOGAMI SEES IN HER, BUT HEY, IF YOU'RE INTO THOSE GIRLS WHO ARE USELESS AND JUST LIVING IN THE IDEALISTIC FANTASIES, THEN BY ALL MEANS GO FOR IT. TOWARDS THE END OF THE EPISODE I HAVE FACEPALMED AT LEAST 8 TIMES AND I'M JUST IN UTTER DISBELIEF THAT SHE LET THAT HAPPEN. KOGAMI RISKED HIS LIFE TO SAVE HER, AND FOR WHAT? FOR NOTHING! I DON'T THINK THERE'S ANYTHING SHE COULD DO AT THIS POINT TO REDEEM HERSELF BECAUSE THATS- THAT'S JUST NOT SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN REDEEM YOURSELF FROM.
Feb 1, 2017 11:44 AM

May 2016
Makishima Shogo to be honest he is a really great villain I love how calm he is when he talks, Poor Tsunemori san to saw her friend killed like that.
Mar 20, 2017 2:41 PM

Dec 2016
That ending was damn frustrating. Ugh.. Can they now just make Kougami the protagonist for the rest of the series? I really dislike Akane now and I don't see that changing any easily nor soon. On the other hand, Makishima looks like an interesting villain. 9/10 for the majority of the episode but minus 3 points because you suck Akane, can't still believe she is as smart as the Sibyl system said or even right for that job.
Dr_Manhattan95Mar 20, 2017 2:45 PM
Apr 12, 2017 10:54 PM
Mar 2016
How traumatic for Akane. Makishima reminded me of a movie where the criminal passed the lie detector test. Maybe he can maintain his composure and control his excitement that's why the dominator can't read him.
Apr 19, 2017 7:22 AM

May 2010
I hate Makishima officially. Never like guys like this him to begin with. The only thing I am interested in is, his grand scheme. Tho ye I would never get to like him.

And Akane what the hell are you doing. Just grab that gun and kill that bastard. I hate him. He has a point but he's still annoying as hell with his scheming. Also he's so full of himself.

Overall, this episode was weak. Do they really have like. 6 people in their security department? Don't make me laugh. Also Gino is as annoying as Makishima.

Jun 21, 2017 11:07 PM

May 2013
DIS BITCH. WAS SO USELESS!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

Can't do first aid. Runs after an opponent way out of her league. Can't save her friend. *applause*

Maki CLEARLY gave her a CHANCE to save Yuki and she blew it! He showed her by first slicing Yuki that the Sibyl System is total bullshit in front of him. And passed her a REAL gun to shoot him. Yet she still chose the piece of shit iron that he told her to discard because it doesn't work.

Now Yuki's life who was protected by Kou by no means an easy task at all, went wasted by that bitch Akane. USELESS. If Yuki doesn't haunt you for letting her die, I don't know what else to say. Because you deserve it =_____=
Jun 24, 2017 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
This oughtta be one of the best episodes in this anime so far, if not best. It had everything
Jul 16, 2017 2:32 AM

Nov 2016
THAT WAS AWESOME. Probably one of the most shocking moments I've seen in anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2017 2:32 AM

Nov 2016
THAT WAS AWESOME. Probably one of the most shocking moments I've seen in anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2017 7:07 AM

Mar 2014
Akane you dumbass, i know seeing his coefficient being so low must have been confusing but when one of your friends' life is at stake the very least you can do is try to help instead of standing there like an idiot. Even Kougami got shot in order to help Yuki and he didn't even know her. Anyway very good episode and it was interesting to see more of Makishima
DanaeJul 24, 2017 12:46 PM
Aug 22, 2017 8:22 AM
May 2015
I get character development influenced by their actions... But this just shows just how weak of a character akane is in general. I was expecting more from someone who was supposedly top of her class. Seeing as how she's evem working in this field, how can she be expected to do a good job if her emotions get in the way for every single time jfc
Sep 4, 2017 10:37 AM
Jan 2012
I would probably have frozen just like Akane in her place. On the one hand, she could have killed Shogo and saved Yuki, but she would have became a latent criminal if she followed with that. By not taking action, though, she let her friend die. There wasn't a happy ending there. It is easy to criticize Akane while sitting comfortable on your chair or bed, but I wonder what many of you would have done in her place.

Curious to see how this will affect Akane as a character. Will she completely abandon her ideals?
Oct 15, 2017 10:59 PM
Oct 2017
That ending, [sigh]. The way I see, it's either you do something and there is a chance of saving her, or you do nothing and there is no chance of you saving her. All this really does is frustrates me. I really have no sympathy for people who are either stupid, weak of resolve, or cowards. Even if it meant that Akane's crime coefficient would go up and maybe she gets labelled as a latent criminal, doesn't saving her friend makes that worth it? Instead of just hesitating and shouting at the other guy to stop, why wouldn't you risk it and save your friend. Just makes me shake my head.
Nov 18, 2017 3:32 PM

Jul 2017
The ending was absolutely horrible. From the moment Akane chases after the Yuki alone you just know that Yuki is going to die. The coming events neatly line themselves up before you so you can predict the ending 10 minutes before it actually happens.
Akane is going to chase after the guy. The guy does some stuff to make her feel upset. He forces her to make a seemingly important decision which she, of course, isn't able to make. Kills Yuki and leaves Akane traumatized.
I bet the next episode is going to cover how badly traumatized she actually is by the incident by giving her a few clouds in her psycho-pass or something of the sort.
Nov 28, 2017 6:23 AM
Oct 2017
Wow, heavy. i'll admit to not being particularly sold on this series before this episode, i have my gripes with the protagonist but i think i'm in for a ride now. poor yuki, i do think the characters are prone to making stupid decisions of the "just 'cuz the plot needs it" variety now, though; holding a gun with one hand ughh come on

nitpicking aside i was not expecting something this heavy and dark, the dumb decision made the best moment in the series so far and i love this episode because of how off guard it caught me. next episodes gonna be a sad one i'm sure
Feb 7, 2018 1:59 PM
Apr 2014
maxie said:
Good episode but seriously she should just have dropped the Dominator, steadied her aim and blown his head off. Oh well, wouldn't have been that much suffering if that would have happened, would it?

Thanks Urobuchi, for letting me revel in the suffering of your characters.

totally agree with this.
I'm kind of late to the to the psycho-pass party, seems worth it though. this episode did make me very mad at akane, however. firing a shotgun from the hip one-handed without looking the direction you're shooting at? having to watch your friend have her throat cut open seems to be the appropriate punishment for that degree of stupidity to me.
Feb 18, 2018 7:41 AM

Jan 2015
I am shocked.

Poor Yuki... :(
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Mar 21, 2018 4:05 PM

Feb 2016
Why can't Kougami be the main character of this show, i like him way better than Akane.

Mar 31, 2018 5:00 PM

Apr 2009
It's so cool to see some directors having the guts to kill and scar the good guys too, this episode left me at the edge of my seat!
My thoughts after episode 1: 'ok, so each episode will bring us closer to the truth about how and why sybil is going to fail spectacularly, and the good guys will either die defending it or win by defying it'. And it's slowly going this way. Shougo and Akane have something in common - the unalterable nature of their hues - but will it change now that Akane saw her friend get brutally murdered, or will it stay the same and prove that Akane's not normal by sybil standards? So glad I picked this series up.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 31, 2018 5:14 PM

Apr 2009
DreamerXX said:
That ending, [sigh]. The way I see, it's either you do something and there is a chance of saving her, or you do nothing and there is no chance of you saving her. All this really does is frustrates me. I really have no sympathy for people who are either stupid, weak of resolve, or cowards. Even if it meant that Akane's crime coefficient would go up and maybe she gets labelled as a latent criminal, doesn't saving her friend makes that worth it? Instead of just hesitating and shouting at the other guy to stop, why wouldn't you risk it and save your friend. Just makes me shake my head.

On one hand - I wanted her to do something. On the other - I don't think Akane's problem was the fear of her crime coefficient going up, she's shown to care for people from ep 1, and to have a strong desire to protect despite the risk (remember how she fought for the rape victim in the 1st episode, to the point of paralyzing her enforcer). That can't be it.
I think it was more of a complete shock and confusion of how the system she's known and followed her whole life, which she was born into, which she's trusted with her life (remember how she said she'd chosen her career because she believed Sybil showed her a way to making her life a meaningless one) - that that all-encompassing system they all trust in their everyday lives must be flawed from the inside out. Every day on the force has shown her signs of that, but nothing did so more than the simple fact of her Dominator not seeing the threat in Makishima. Her beliefs were in that instant shaken to the core, and I don't think I'm too far off suspecting that some of her thoughts went along the lines of 'if sybil doesn't see that threat, maybe what he's saying is right? Maybe he won't do it? Or maybe he's not to be judged by someone like me if even Sybil doesn't judge him?' Either way, I suspect her world collapsed right there and then, and she didn't regain her composure fast enough to act. And the moment she shakingly shot two shots knowing there are no more left, she realised she'd just given up her friend's life.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 31, 2018 11:10 PM
Oct 2017
Cenedess said:
DreamerXX said:

On one hand - I wanted her to do something. On the other - I don't think Akane's problem was the fear of her crime coefficient going up, she's shown to care for people from ep 1, and to have a strong desire to protect despite the risk (remember how she fought for the rape victim in the 1st episode, to the point of paralyzing her enforcer). That can't be it.
I think it was more of a complete shock and confusion of how the system she's known and followed her whole life, which she was born into, which she's trusted with her life (remember how she said she'd chosen her career because she believed Sybil showed her a way to making her life a meaningless one) - that that all-encompassing system they all trust in their everyday lives must be flawed from the inside out. Every day on the force has shown her signs of that, but nothing did so more than the simple fact of her Dominator not seeing the threat in Makishima. Her beliefs were in that instant shaken to the core, and I don't think I'm too far off suspecting that some of her thoughts went along the lines of 'if sybil doesn't see that threat, maybe what he's saying is right? Maybe he won't do it? Or maybe he's not to be judged by someone like me if even Sybil doesn't judge him?' Either way, I suspect her world collapsed right there and then, and she didn't regain her composure fast enough to act. And the moment she shakingly shot two shots knowing there are no more left, she realised she'd just given up her friend's life.

I can see what you mean. Her entire view on the world was shaken and she has so much doubt in her that she doesn't know what to do. But still, that's your friend there, and someone is holding a gun to her head and threatening to kill her. You are her friend and a police officer, shouldn't you judge the situation based on your own, and save her? Even if it means shooting him dead. Obviously I get that she is so used to the system and had never really doubted it, that maybe she trusts the system more than herself. I'm just saying that viewing this as an individual from the outside, it is very frustrating to watch, and does not sit well with me. If it was me in this situation, I probably would be even more panicked and maybe doubt myself. But when a good friend of mine's life is in danger, I would like to believe that I have what it takes to leap into action and do everything within my power to save them.
Apr 1, 2018 9:19 AM

Apr 2009
DreamerXX said:

I can see what you mean. Her entire view on the world was shaken and she has so much doubt in her that she doesn't know what to do. But still, that's your friend there, and someone is holding a gun to her head and threatening to kill her. You are her friend and a police officer, shouldn't you judge the situation based on your own, and save her? Even if it means shooting him dead. Obviously I get that she is so used to the system and had never really doubted it, that maybe she trusts the system more than herself. I'm just saying that viewing this as an individual from the outside, it is very frustrating to watch, and does not sit well with me. If it was me in this situation, I probably would be even more panicked and maybe doubt myself. But when a good friend of mine's life is in danger, I would like to believe that I have what it takes to leap into action and do everything within my power to save them.

Can't argue with that - I feel the same way.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 3, 2018 2:37 AM
Oct 2017
Cenedess said:
DreamerXX said:

Can't argue with that - I feel the same way.

April Fools? Didn't realise.
Apr 10, 2018 2:50 PM
Feb 2018
It pisses me off she didn't do anything. Yeah, I get shes scared, but she should have been trained to keep calm and find away to save Yuki. I mean, either way, Yuki was going to die. It's better to take the risk because at least there's a slim chance she could have saved Yuki. I mean should have run straight then turned around and aimed at Shougo's back and take a shot. This way she's closer to him and he could take most of the balls that came out of the shotgun. Or she should have thrown the dominator at his hand as hard as she could to see if he drops it. If he did drop it, I would get as close as possible and aimed next to his left side not on his left side but off it a little so that most of the metal balls would have hit the wall behind him but some of it would have hit him.
Apr 26, 2018 6:56 PM

May 2017
Woow. Best episode so far. Notice how the crime coefficient of makishima keeps on dropping the closer he gets to the kill because he truly believes that what hes about to do is something good. Crazy encounter between the two. The sibyl system is flawed and not perfect in any means.
Aug 22, 2018 1:49 PM

Nov 2013
Yuki no!

Well, that's certainly a good turning point type episode, and I'm honestly not as mad at Akane as it seems so many people are. There's definitely more she could've done, but she did shoot, and it's not like she had used a shotgun before. And while she's seen flaws with the whole system, she's never seen a criminal be seen as a non-criminal, only vice versa, so of course she'd think the crime coefficient would go up at some point
Dec 27, 2018 10:01 PM

May 2016
It'd be explainable if Shogo's Crime Coefficient being dangerously low is the result of him not actually pulling off the crimes themselves but seeing his numbers go lower and lower the more he came closer to killing Akane's friend was insane. They depended on the Sibyl System so much that an exception like him would be almost impossible to apprehend from afar. Traditional weapons like that Double Barrel Rifle must be really difficult to come by those days and wielding them is very difficult if you weren't trained to do it.

Shinya tried so hard to keep her alive but everything was for naught because of that glitch. It was either she missed miserably or he'll use her friend as a meat-shield. At least that cyborg's dealt with and hundreds won't have to play his hunting game anytime soon anymore.

Mar 9, 2019 10:41 PM

Mar 2019
Fantastic episode, dominator owned the old cyborg fella. Sad that she's so caught up in the system that she wouldn't just aim that shotgun better to save her friend..
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.