Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 22, 2007 7:24 AM

Aug 2007
I'm glad more people--at least here on MAL--are finding out about this great series. When the first couple of episodes were airing no one was talking about it, even though it was so good.
Oct 24, 2007 1:18 PM

Mar 2007
whoa, i just finished this series and it blew my mind away, raised in my alltime top 1 series
just have to say that its to most perfect anime up to this date that i have seen in all aspects, story, character development, music, art :D
too bad that this is too underrated, but i hope that it will change sometime :>
Nov 1, 2007 8:05 AM

Jun 2007
great anime! i really enjoyed it >.< now i need to find Terra e old movie & manga
Nov 3, 2007 6:22 PM

Oct 2006
I'm glad you both enjoyed the show. :)

On a side note, [-_-'] released a DVD-rip of the show with saizen subs. As anyone been able to check it out? Since my ISP as lovely traffic limitations I can only do so next week D:
Nov 3, 2007 9:47 PM

Apr 2007
Quote of Siing's from Terra e... Fanclub said:
Holy kow. Well i FINALLY got around to starting this series, just marathoned the first 4 eps (would marathon more but can't, got to go to church =3=) and i got to say me love's it. Its already surpassed my rad over saying Denno coil's the best show of the year, for sure this one is. Kicking ass mann.
At this rate its gonna leap up to my all time fav top 4.

marathoned up to ep 10 today. Its been a while since i last marathoned that much eps of a single anime in one day. Will probably marathon the rest of Terra e... Tommorow, or as much as i can anyways. Its a good thing i decided to leave this anime to watch on the holidays or something (in this case 4 day long weekend), i knew i'd most likely want to marathon this anime since i'd be so good, and i was right.

edit: Just finished the last ep a minute ago. And has taken spot #4 on my fav list. Just wanna say thanks Kayrhandros and others for this thread and convincing me to watch this anime, lolz ^^.
SiingNov 5, 2007 10:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2007 5:05 AM

Oct 2007
Seen the first four episodes and I'm kicking myself for going with Heroic Age for my space opera fix instead of this while it was being released. Had these episodes sitting on my hard drive for months and thankfully my isp resets my download counter in the next.. 30 mins so I can quickly grab the rest of the series.
Nov 14, 2007 5:53 AM

Aug 2007
Westlo said:
Seen the first four episodes and I'm kicking myself for going with Heroic Age for my space opera fix instead of this while it was being released. Had these episodes sitting on my hard drive for months and thankfully my isp resets my download counter in the next.. 30 mins so I can quickly grab the rest of the series.

Dont kick yourself too much. Now you can watch it all at once without having to wait....and wait for the next episodes to be released after constant cliffhangers. I;m glad to see you like it though. enjoy,.
Nov 23, 2007 10:15 PM

Jul 2007
just finished it. when I started watching it I never expected I'd end up giving it a 10/10. it took me by surprise with how good it is

and with this post my post count has increased, making me 1 post cooler than before
Nov 26, 2007 2:49 AM

Sep 2007
Where can I watch/download episodes 21-24?
I cant find ;-;
Dec 1, 2007 8:05 AM

Nov 2007
I just finished this series and oh WOW..

The character designs were a little iffy at first but it has grown on me...

I never expect this series to be so good...

Anyway, does anyone know if they released a DVD for the entire series? I really want to buy it...
Dec 1, 2007 1:07 PM

Jun 2007
i just finished the series and i have to agree that it was truly awesome.. one of the best i've seen.. and even though i cried more than i would have liked, i'll definitely watch it again in the future..

one other thing.. i don't really understand what the deal is with people saying the artwork takes getting used to or something.. the art blew me away personally and i don't understand how ANYONE would dislike it.. heh.. beats me.. to each their own i guess.

welp.. off to recommend the series to everyone i know [even though that would consist of people who don't watch anime and they'll laugh in my face, but whatever].
Dec 7, 2007 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, so I just watched the first three episodes... Wow.

First off, I agree with inoneouttheother, the animation is gorgeous, one of the best I've seen in anime. I like where the plot seems to be going, but then again I adore sci-fi so it's a plus for me. The only thing is, I haven't really taken to the main character but otherwise I've got no complaints. I'm really looking forward to the next episodes, I just wish they would hurry up & download already.
Dec 14, 2007 12:05 PM
Oct 2007
This is one of them must see animes :)
Dec 14, 2007 12:11 PM

Oct 2007
Episodes 19 (SB sac), 21 & 22 were just awesome.

Dec 28, 2007 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
I finished watching a couple days ago... WOW. It's an amazing series & it's catapulted itself up to the top of my fave anime. I thought the ending was handled really well, I cried..
Jan 3, 2008 1:28 PM

Jul 2007
After watching this series, even though it didn't break my top 10, I have to agree.
Looking back at it now, it wasn't that great. Still a good show, though.

There were a couple times in the series that I almost cried, not necessarily because of the events but also because of the messages about society that filled the anime. Truely epic.
asandariNov 15, 2008 3:51 PM
Jan 11, 2008 9:08 PM
Sep 2006
lol i just had to skip school to do a marathan after only watching the first 3 episodes.. 10/10 for sure in my books at how deep this was.. damn and for sure I thought Jomy was going to save Seki.. after that i just kept on watching till the end..
Jan 16, 2008 4:13 AM
Sep 2007
I´ve watched 8 episodes and I can already say this series will be on my top10 favourite anime series list. I love animation, characters and CG are beautiful. Those character designs are brilliant. They mix old drawing style with new. <3 Plot is interesting and it´s nice that series change narrators.
Jan 16, 2008 4:57 AM

Aug 2007
Just watched it and I liked it alot, it was very good. I especially liked the characters and how they developed.

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Jan 21, 2008 12:31 AM

Sep 2007
Yeh its sooo true... when the anime came out... i didnt even bother taking a look at it... but after watching episode 1.... dame i was rong... this is truly one of the best anime of 2007!!

MUST WATCH!
Jan 21, 2008 12:35 AM

Nov 2007
wat i truly loved about terra he was the music...like it was a space opera actually :P

EPIC MUSIC I TELL U
Feb 11, 2008 3:18 PM

Oct 2007
sugoi anime!! i wonder if there is any chance for continuation but... it couldnt be named towards the terra cause they've reached it already...:)
Feb 16, 2008 10:23 AM

Jan 2008
Very good series and awesome music. However, it 'only' gets 8/10 from me. Characters are predictable and, in most cases, lack in depth. Personality development is lacking but considering 80ish nature of the series it's understandable.

As mentioned earlier, music is extraordinary and suits epic themes of this anime. Animation is also very good and leaves not much more to be desired. Main plot is simple and straightforward with 'make peace not war' ending.

All in all, being very good overall, Terra... doesn't contribute much to the sci-fi genre but is definitely worth watching. It summarizes well those traditional sci-fi of the 80ies. Moreover, this anime can be a good starting point for those who only recently got interested in space-race-war theme anime.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Feb 16, 2008 1:30 PM

Oct 2006
kashim said:
Characters are predictable and, in most cases, lack in depth. Personality development is lacking but considering 80ish nature of the series it's understandable.
lol what? The characters are undoubtably one of the best part of the show. No character develpment? What would you call a kid

As for depth, you can't really expect every single character in a series to have great depth. Especially looking at such a wide cast of them. But it was mostly there for the ones that really mattered. I'd love for you to explain how characters like Keith, Jomy, Matsuka or Shiroei lack in it.
KayrhandrosFeb 16, 2008 1:37 PM
Feb 16, 2008 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
Well, characters are kinda stereotypical for this kind of anime. As for character development in many cases it's could-you-believe-it 180 degree personality changes. After watching so many sci-fi dramas such changes don't really surprise me.

The only characters who develop in more than two stages were Keith and Jomy others not so much. Shiroe has little character development as

Matsuka also develops but only as a

It's not that characters lack in deph that much and there is no development. It's that almost all of them, I guess, are archetypical. After only few minutes You can guess what part they will play in the unfolding events or even if they'll live or die in the end.

Feb 18, 2008 9:42 AM

Oct 2006
kashim said:
Well, characters are kinda stereotypical for this kind of anime. As for character development in many cases it's could-you-believe-it 180 degree personality changes. After watching so many sci-fi dramas such changes don't really surprise me.
Well I can't really argue with the stereotypical part since I haven't watched that many space operas, but their personalities were pretty refreshing in my view. As for 180º changes, I don't see any real probably with them as long as they are believable and are done through stages, like they were.

Develpment wise,... like I said, can we really expect that someone other than the main characters to get major development with only 24 episodes, can we? I mean, really... if there's any series out there (with less than 26eps) were not only the main characters but also the secondary cast get it, please recommend it to me know 'coz I'll definitely go watch it. (feel free to do so even if the episode number is above 26).

As for predictability, it's true that you can guess the roles of some characters, but not after a few minutes. I guessed Tony
Feb 18, 2008 11:03 AM

Oct 2007
Kashim!! just burn in hell you heretic!!:P
Feb 18, 2008 11:09 AM

Jan 2008
Well, since the focus in the series was on many characters I would expect them to be developed more. But as You said, it would require more episodes and it could become much longer series with leaders of

By making it only 24 eps long they somehow evaded 'The bold and the beautiful' syndrome. As i meantioned in one of my earlier posts, very good anime but definitely not groundbreaking. Partially, it's because I demand more genre complexity from sci-fi anime nowadays. e.g. Ergo Proxy, Eureka 7, Noein.

EDIT @UP
Unfortunately, there are no vacancies :(

Feb 18, 2008 1:39 PM

Oct 2006
ghoscik said:
Kashim!! just burn in hell you heretic!!:P
I lol'ed =P
But seriously now, we're just discussion opinions.

kashim said:
Well, since the focus in the series was on many characters I would expect them to be developed more. But as You said, it would require more episodes and it could become much longer series with leaders of

By making it only 24 eps long they somehow evaded 'The bold and the beautiful' syndrome. As i meantioned in one of my earlier posts, very good anime but definitely not groundbreaking. Partially, it's because I demand more genre complexity from sci-fi anime nowadays. e.g. Ergo Proxy, Eureka 7, Noein.
Now.., you're generalizing. The Mu only had

ps: you still didn't give me those recs though :/

Feb 18, 2008 2:34 PM

Jan 2008
No, I didn't watch the movie yet. So anime is longer version of manga... Reminds me of Shana manga vs anime. Fanservice galore :P As for the Terra manga, first time I ever hears there is one around, have to check it out. I didn't expect any 'hard sci-fi' from Terra. It's a space opera after all. And what is about 'recs' ?

As for number of leaders it

As for my first post in this thread i felt i had to write something after I watched it. Especially if almost all comments suggest an instant classic =)

Feb 18, 2008 2:41 PM

Oct 2006
Kayrhandros said:
(...) I mean, really... if there's any series out there (with less than 26eps) were not only the main characters but also the secondary cast get it, please recommend it to me know 'coz I'll definitely go watch it. (feel free to do so even if the episode number is above 26). (...)
those recs ^^.

The movie is less than a shadow of the TV series if you want me to be honest, and aparently the manga does not go into much detail either since it's only 3 volumes long. I haven't read it myself yet 'coz it's hard to come by considering it's from the 80's (though I finally managed to order it and should read it soon). But that's the info I've gathered.

kashim said:
As for my first post in this thread i felt i had to write something after I watched it. Especially if almost all comments suggest an instant classic =)
It's always good to have diverging opinions coming up, coz that way there's some actual discussion. What would happen to the yellow if everyone liked the blue ,right...?
Feb 18, 2008 3:00 PM

Jan 2008
Oh, those recs :P Didn't get the abbreviation at first. Here I go with my subjective choices : Bokurano (but You can regard almost all characters as main I guess) , Cowboy Bebop (again, many characters, although there can be only one Spike ;] ) , Neon Genesis Evangelion, Planetes (arguable), Wolf's Rain. I guess it is all as far as I can remember.

Feb 18, 2008 3:11 PM

Oct 2006
I should have asked for pm otherwise we're currupting the topic =P. and lol, you should check my list first 'coz from those the only one I have not seen yet is planetes. And I could argue about the char development in some of those but this is not the right topic ^^. Thanks for the Planetes rec still.

back on topic =P:
Kayrhandros said:

Well, after seeing what was one of the best and probably the most overlooked and show of the spring season, I felt compelled to recommend this. Even more, after seeing that awesome ending.

If you're looking for an unique show, with an epic story line, interesting characters major character development and a OST to match, look no further.
Granted that it's unique aspects may throw some people of, specially in what relates to the art style. Still, defeat the initial skepticism and you'll be taken for a ride no other show has to offer.

For the people still skeptic about starting it, feel free to read my review on the show. "Careful" though, 'coz it's huge :)
Feb 18, 2008 9:45 PM

Mar 2007
Love Love Loved it!!!
It was just awesome!!The characters and everything...damn ive got to admit i did cry many times...T.T...and the ending was really good.
Not like w/other animes that just leave you like "What..was that..??" But this one just left me wanting more!!(:
Mar 11, 2008 5:37 AM

Jan 2008
it is all about headphones.
you have one - you are the coolest (you'll understand if you've watched it)

very "Japanese" show. "I' ll protect everyone somehow"

with music they are covering for all the bloopers, like, having difficulty to rise a stone but bing able to move the whole battleship etc. It just accumulates. "

The paces set in first 10 episodes is good though.
Good meaning of the story, still at the end abandoning Terra and moving to the future. It just create a feeling of a little utopia: future will bring as all the best, we have a hope bla bla bla.

Just think guys what would it be with the show, animation, story without accomponing music.

7/10
Mar 22, 2008 2:54 PM
Dec 2007
Don't know, I watched the first 9 episodes and it was so bad I can't even describe it with words. Even if the following episodes are better, I doubt that I'll watch it one day, it disappointed me too much in the beginning to deserve a second chance :/

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 22, 2008 10:34 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty amazing series, and I'm glad I don't fail anymore. =D

I've been watching tons of anime lately but this one was seriously fun to watch since it felt so original and creative. I blasted through the majority of it in just two days and can see myself going back to it in the future.

Epic, very emotional and dramatic, great character development, and amazing music. The downfall is the production seemed low, the CG and animation weren't anything too impressive but in the end, I personally don't really care about that. It was awesome.
Mar 22, 2008 11:17 PM

Nov 2007
I finally got around to finishing it last week. Trying to clear through some of my backlog before the new season starts.

I enjoyed it a lot. Was definitely one of the best SF series of recent years. Probably in my top five now. Also, epic score is epic. <3 Yasuharu's work.
Apr 28, 2008 1:25 AM

Jan 2008
I also just finished with the series, and I can second the recommendation.

Just Epic.

Jun 13, 2008 7:57 PM

Apr 2008
Just finished this one. Definitely a great series here
Jun 22, 2008 2:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
If my internet connection were faster, I would have marathoned it already.....

From episode 1 to 10 (where I am at right now), 9 episodes on 10 are as epic as the best episodes of other series.... In other, watching this is like watching the best episodes of my favorite series one after another....My mind would have exploded if not for my internet connection.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 26, 2008 7:03 PM

Aug 2007
EchelonV said:
Pretty amazing series, and I'm glad I don't fail anymore. =D

I've been watching tons of anime lately but this one was seriously fun to watch since it felt so original and creative. I blasted through the majority of it in just two days and can see myself going back to it in the future.

Epic, very emotional and dramatic, great character development, and amazing music. The downfall is the production seemed low, the CG and animation weren't anything too impressive but in the end, I personally don't really care about that. It was awesome.

exactly how i feel
Sep 4, 2008 1:24 AM

Apr 2007
This series was really fun and exciting to watch. Though I feel like I missed something and plan to re-watch it soon before rating it. A marathon would be even better :D

The only part that really affected me was...
Sep 4, 2008 1:35 AM

Nov 2006
Momo-Hime said:
don't worry you're not alone ;_;
Sep 17, 2008 10:09 AM

Sep 2008
At first i was hesitant to watch this bec of animation, genre and the adaptation of a 1980 manga
i marathon this anime i just can't stop watching every ep lol
just be sure you have tissue lol

great series overall
Sep 26, 2008 12:37 PM

Nov 2007
This anime is great :D I like it but it have sad ending
Nov 15, 2008 3:50 PM

Jan 2008
Really Great Anime, one of my favorites.

Sad ending, but despite that I was simply satisfied with the ending and had the feeling that it ended how it should end
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Dec 30, 2008 3:26 AM

Jun 2008
Jacut said:
Don't know, I watched the first 9 episodes and it was so bad I can't even describe it with words. Even if the following episodes are better, I doubt that I'll watch it one day, it disappointed me too much in the beginning to deserve a second chance :/

It gets worse. Shudder.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jan 5, 2009 4:09 PM

Aug 2008
Number 100!!

This anime is very good, but isn't amazing at all: it has amazing moments, but doesn't reaches TTGL in EPIC topic (TTGL My FG!!!O.o). I have marathoned it (good point) and the ending is too too fast (bad point), simple, not predecible but i hate the human's leader did in the end. ¬¬ well, I like but in the same time don't.

The best thing is that every leader in his country should see this anime to measure the power of dialogue! And last four episodes (specially episode that appear Matsuka and Sam and their relationship with Keith). The worst thing is WHAT the hell with Shiori... fake tears!!! and the feeling that this anime could be better...

One step forward... you understand me. xD!
My Rating: 9/10

See you!!!
cabemaruJan 6, 2009 7:05 PM
Jan 8, 2009 4:38 PM

Jul 2007
In my opinion it's far more amazing than TTGL. TTGL was boring as fuck for like the entire first half of the series, and was really only good from episodes 20-27. This not to mention I hated more than half of the characters after the bullshit Rossgay pulled, and it was too incredibly unrealistic for me (it was basically at or surpassing Dragonball Z level).

In any case, the theme of this show is what made it as good as it was really. The fact that humans can't control themselves or their greed, and
all contributed to my love for this series. I'm torn between giving it a 9/10 and a 10/10, but I can't really put my finger on why.

All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 13 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 1, 2011

6 by His0kaDevv »»
Mar 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 1 Discussion

Kayrhandros - May 29, 2007

29 by zeroquinze »»
Oct 28, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 22, 2008

84 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 13, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 21 Discussion

puedjies - Feb 8, 2009

15 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 15 Discussion

d388 - Aug 24, 2007

27 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.