Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 24, 2007 9:07 AM

Oct 2006

Well, after seeing what was one of the best and probably the most overlooked and show of the spring season, I felt compelled to recommend this. Even more, after seeing that awesome ending.

If you're looking for an unique show, with an epic story line, interesting characters major character development and a OST to match, look no further.
Granted that it's unique aspects may throw some people of, specially in what relates to the art style. Still, defeat the initial skepticism and you'll be taken for a ride no other show has to offer.

For the people still skeptic about starting it, feel free to read my review on the show. "Careful" though, 'coz it's huge :)
KayrhandrosSep 24, 2007 3:29 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 24, 2007 2:18 PM

Jan 2007
Okay, I fail XD

I'll probably marathon it this weekend or the next. For sure before the new season starts.
Sep 24, 2007 2:37 PM

Apr 2007
I'm always looking for something good to watch and going off your well written review it looks like it's something I'd be interested in. I found a nice batch torrent so I'll give it a whirl when it finishes downloading.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 24, 2007 2:43 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Is there any type of comedy romance development? If not then I don't really care to watch another space wars show.
Sep 24, 2007 3:08 PM

Oct 2006
Faust721 said:
Okay, I fail XD

I'll probably marathon it this weekend or the next. For sure before the new season starts.
hehe, cool Faust :D

tainteddonut said:
I'm always looking for something good to watch and going off your well written review it looks like it's something I'd be interested in. I found a nice batch torrent so I'll give it a whirl when it finishes downloading.
Thanks tainteddonut, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

Xinil said:
Is there any type of comedy romance development? If not then I don't really care to watch another space wars show.
Xinil, unfortunately no. There's only a few hints of romance but it's pretty much left unexplored and has little relevance to the storyline. And the show has drama focused story, there's hardly any comedy around.
So I guess it's not something you'd be interested in at this time. But keep it in mind if you're ever looking for a unique and great series to watch :)
Sep 24, 2007 5:55 PM

Jul 2007
I totally agree.
It's not at all appreciated enough. I was quite affected by the impact of all the intensity this anime was constantly providing. It's over now, with an amazing ending that didn't fall short or let me down. I still wish it could have been longer so I could enjoy more of the greatness of Terra e!

Anyone should watch it. It's just so good.
Sep 24, 2007 10:18 PM

Mar 2007
Good job hyping it up AFTER the show gets liscensed :( cant find a torrent for the first 13 eps

EDIT: nvm leave it to isohunt to have the big packs :P

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Sep 25, 2007 12:20 AM
Jun 2006
is it anything similar to the orgininal movie?

Sep 25, 2007 5:42 AM

Jul 2007
I was waiting for it all to be subbed. I knew this was gonig to be fantastic but I don't think I could've handled waiting for it all to unfold. Just finished ep 1, should be gonig great from here on out.

Sam is my sweet peach
Sep 25, 2007 6:31 AM
Apr 2006
yeah, Terra e... a truely awesome show! :D

After watching the last episode just i can finally say with conviction: Watch it~ or you'll miss a extraordinary anime!! it may start slow..and seem cheesy at first...but it only gets better and better. Animation & music-wise top notch, it's a epic dramatic story with unforgetable characters...and a climax to be admired.

izikiel said:
is it anything similar to the orgininal movie?
haven't seen the whole movie yet (spoilers :P) but there are huge differences in telling the story in 24eps or 2h...the advanced animation, and a few changes to the plot line...
Sep 25, 2007 11:37 AM
Jun 2006
ah ok, ive seen the movie but not the series, ill have to add to plan to watch then! :)

Sep 26, 2007 8:10 PM

Nov 2006
Kayrhandros said:

Well, after seeing what was one of the best and probably the most overlooked and show of the spring season, I felt compelled to recommend this. Even more, after seeing that awesome ending.

If you're looking for an unique show, with an epic story line, interesting characters major character development and a OST to match, look no further.
Granted that it's unique aspects may throw some people of, specially in what relates to the art style. Still, defeat the initial skepticism and you'll be taken for a ride no other show has to offer.

For the people still skeptic about starting it, feel free to read my review on the show. "Careful" though, 'coz it's huge :)

I totally agree too. Awesome serie and great ending.
-
Sep 26, 2007 8:14 PM

Jul 2007
I can't afford to pick up another series...

But... too... much... interest... ;.;
Sep 27, 2007 4:37 AM

Apr 2007
If Kayrhandros says so, i'll definetly check it out, will start downloading a.s.a.p! :D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2007 7:34 AM

Oct 2006
Siing said:
If Kayrhandros says so, i'll definetly check it out, will start downloading a.s.a.p! :D.
:D
asandari said:
I can't afford to pick up another series...

But... too... much... interest... ;.;
Let your interest win you over then ^^
---------

Anyway I think I'll probably I've the time to see the movie today. Let's see if it will make a good impression.
Sep 28, 2007 4:25 PM

Dec 2006
Whole heartedly agree. This is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Definately underrated. Epic, insightful storyline, realistic characters and people actual die when they are killed. Not to mention great art, animation and music. Quick subbing and an ending that delivers.

I don't understand how this was overlooked besides the slight 80s-ish style.
Sep 29, 2007 5:29 AM

Oct 2006
Well I've seen the movie 2 days ago I think. Really old school.
It's cool, but I'll only recommend it too people if they enjoyed the TV series a lot.

Speaking of the TV series.. there's still not too many people watching.

Let's go people, I'm sure you won't regret watching. :)
Sep 29, 2007 5:58 AM

Oct 2006
I'm watching =D Rather slowly, perhaps, but now that the show is finished airing I plan on devouring the rest of the episodes as soon as I have time.
Sep 29, 2007 5:00 PM

Jun 2007
Toward the Terra was in my thoughts the most unique, creative and warming anime that was released all year! When I first started watching it I had no idea that it would ever be so epic and amazing! It is totally under appreciated.

As far as the movie goes though, don't let is dissuade future watchers! I tried to watch it but couldn't get into it like I did the series. It like comparing X 1999 to X the movie, they just can't compare!

Anyways... one of the best series ever, and I promise you its not just another space battle series!
Sep 30, 2007 5:14 PM

Nov 2006
Started watching it a week and a half or so ago (thanks to the pretty art in /cm/, damn them and their ways of getting me to watch stuff) when I really didn't have the time, hopefully I'll be able to watch more. Loving it so far :)
Oct 1, 2007 1:09 AM
Jun 2006
Amaro said:
Toward the Terra was in my thoughts the most unique, creative and warming anime that was released all year! When I first started watching it I had no idea that it would ever be so epic and amazing! It is totally under appreciated.

As far as the movie goes though, don't let is dissuade future watchers! I tried to watch it but couldn't get into it like I did the series. It like comparing X 1999 to X the movie, they just can't compare!

Anyways... one of the best series ever, and I promise you its not just another space battle series!

its probably based on the movie somewhat! dont diss the roots! ;)

besides x/1999 and x the movie are both awesome ;)
Oct 2, 2007 10:29 AM

Oct 2006
windy said:
Started watching it a week and a half or so ago (thanks to the pretty art in /cm/, damn them and their ways of getting me to watch stuff) when I really didn't have the time, hopefully I'll be able to watch more. Loving it so far :)
<3 <3 Windy :)

I'm currently rewatching the show and I can say I'm liking it even more, now that I am no longer skeptic about the beginning.

Kayrhandros said:
Oct 2, 2007 4:07 PM

Aug 2007
(Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing)^1000

Im still in Epi 18 but this anime is simply the best after Evangelion IMHO. I could give 10/10 to everything but i havent seen everything yeat. 10/10 until now :P
Oct 2, 2007 4:09 PM

Aug 2007
(Double post by mistake. Please Erase)
StaticOct 3, 2007 4:56 AM
Oct 3, 2007 4:17 AM

Oct 2006
Lol, lemme guess.. MAL was slow and you ended up double posting :)

Static said:
Damn i could almost compare this to "Lusiadas" From Luis de Camões. Simply Epic... Epicly amazing.
Too bad they probably don't know "Lusiadas". But yeah. Terra e... is epic.
Oct 3, 2007 4:57 AM

Aug 2007
Ops i forgot that part.

Lusiadas From wikipedia. Some knowlage for you :P
Oct 3, 2007 6:25 AM

Jul 2007
Krelian said:
I'm watching =D Rather slowly, perhaps, but now that the show is finished airing I plan on devouring the rest of the episodes as soon as I have time.

I can't imagine thinking it's slow. I guess the first couple of episodes might give that impression, but soon it will kick into overdrive. I think the beginning gives a bad impression that Jomy is going to be emo forever, but it's so far from the truth. I would recommend anyone watching to at least watch until Keith is introduced since that is when the real fun starts.
Oct 3, 2007 7:01 AM

Jun 2007
I'm watching it, but I didn't like how they suddenly started another arc while leaving the first so open.
Oct 3, 2007 9:52 AM

Aug 2007
Epic Ending. Epic last 15 seconds. Epic series. XD Terra E goes for 10/10... No questions about it.
Oct 5, 2007 9:23 AM

Oct 2006
delorean said:
I'm watching it, but I didn't like how they suddenly started another arc while leaving the first so open.
You're probably talking about the first 5 eps right. Don't worry, the story will re-pick those events later.. and both that and the arc that lasts till episode 9 will come together.

--------------

Well I just finished rewatching, and I probably enjoyed the show even more this time.

Seriously... this show is not something to be missed, period.
Oct 5, 2007 4:58 PM
Feb 2007
i think that terra was one of the best series of the season.
i wish it was longer!
10\10
Oct 7, 2007 6:09 AM

Oct 2006
Well maybe i should say thanks you to Kay for talking about this show so much (too much maybe? :P) or I would have missed it. Easily the best anime for spring season, this year, last year, 10 years whatever :D Just awesome.
Oct 7, 2007 6:25 AM

Oct 2006
Faust, I'm gonna quote you from the "Last anime you finished?" thread. Hope you don't mind.
Faust721 said:
Toward the Terra - One of the most interesting anime I have ever seen. I love how it expanded over many years and how the wide variety of characters were developed. The only thing that stopped it from making me give a perfect score is that it didn't quite move me like TTGL did. (9/10)

itainteazy said:
Well maybe i should say thanks you to Kay for talking about this show so much (too much maybe? :P) or I would have missed it. Easily the best anime for spring season, this year, last year, 10 years whatever :D Just awesome.
Eazy wins! For real~ ;) (and you're welcome!)

And that's right, maybe I am talking too much about it... But that's just because I know how great the show is, and how overlooked it was. I want people to try it out as well. ^_^
Oct 7, 2007 9:21 AM

Jan 2007
holy shit eazy, you gave it your top spot and and 4 characters spots.

I guess i should give thanks to you too Kay. Since I was gonna watch it eventually, I give thanks for making me move it ahead a few weeks (perhaps even a few months) ahead of schedule. Toward the Terra might be the first anime (20+ episodes and 20+ min) that i have ever mararthoned.
Oct 7, 2007 12:21 PM

Aug 2007
Tbh i didnt marathoned mine but i wanted too... Simply i had lack of time to do it...
Oct 7, 2007 2:38 PM

Oct 2006
Faust721 said:
I guess i should give thanks to you too Kay. Since I was gonna watch it eventually, I give thanks for making me move it ahead a few weeks (perhaps even a few months) ahead of schedule. Toward the Terra might be the first anime (20+ episodes and 20+ min) that i have ever mararthoned.
My pleasure Faust :)
Oct 7, 2007 5:16 PM

Oct 2006
teletha said:
Krelian said:

I can't imagine thinking it's slow. I guess the first couple of episodes might give that impression, but soon it will kick into overdrive. I think the beginning gives a bad impression that Jomy is going to be emo forever, but it's so far from the truth. I would recommend anyone watching to at least watch until Keith is introduced since that is when the real fun starts.

If I implied the show was slow, I certainly didn't mean to. That comment was directed towards the speed at which I've been watching =P

I just finished episode 9, and am hoping to finish the rest before the night is up. Episode 9 was brilliant - very dramatic - and convinced me to bump my rating up to a 10. If the show gets any better I expect it'll work its way into my favorites list. So far it gets big thumbs up for music, art, character development, and most everything else. I can't think of anything at all negative to say.
Oct 8, 2007 2:20 PM

Oct 2006
Krelian said:
I just finished episode 9, and am hoping to finish the rest before the night is up. Episode 9 was brilliant - very dramatic - and convinced me to bump my rating up to a 10. If the show gets any better I expect it'll work its way into my favorites list. So far it gets big thumbs up for music, art, character development, and most everything else. I can't think of anything at all negative to say.
Seems it already did enter your favorite list :)
Oct 9, 2007 8:30 AM

Apr 2007
i won't miss this one, for sure. ^_^
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 9, 2007 8:45 AM

Jun 2007
Wow, just finished it. Really, just wow. It was brilliant, I loved the ending of the show, but maybe it could have been 1-2 minutes longer. I'm going to hunt for the ost, especially the opening / ending and some wallpapers now. I really liked how they depicted Negima in the last 10-15 seconds.
In the beginning I wasn't really afraid of Jomy being emo from ep1-24, I mean, not after Twelve kingdoms.. The main character is a terrible little bitch, but the character development was awesome there (she's one of my favourite characters now), just like in Terra e..
Oct 9, 2007 10:45 AM

Oct 2006
Kayrhandros said:
Seems it already did enter your favorite list :)

Indeed, and it nearly makes the top spot. It has to be the most underrated/underwatched show ever.

Out of curiousity, does it remind anyone else a bit of Battlestar Galactica?
Oct 9, 2007 11:10 AM

Oct 2006
nihil said:
i won't miss this one, for sure. ^_^
You better not ^_^

d388 said:
Wow, just finished it. Really, just wow. It was brilliant, I loved the ending of the show, but maybe it could have been 1-2 minutes longer. I'm going to hunt for the ost, especially the opening / ending and some wallpapers now.
If you do find wallpapers send them to me by pm ^^. I've been trying to find some but nothing so far. I'm tempted to go vectoring just because of that...
As for the OST, it's without a doubt in my top 3 best anime OSTs ever, and all OP/ED themes are pretty awesome in their own genre.

Krelian said:

It has to be the most underrated/underwatched show ever.
Quoted for Truth.

As for Battlestar Galactica, I can't tell since I haven't watch it.
Oct 10, 2007 6:51 PM

Nov 2006
Well, this is truly an amazing anime and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only beef I have with it is the large amount of important characters that died. Sure, some of them had to, but so many...it's heartwrenching, especially
Oct 11, 2007 4:17 AM

Sep 2007
lol this was worth all my time!! i strongly recommend this!
Oct 11, 2007 4:25 AM

Aug 2007
I will write what a friend from school told me about the series ( I just handed him a DVD and say: Watch that)

Until episode 7 its kinda boring... But after that Wooot! i didnt leave the PC until i ended that. The ending is very good but i wanted less death... Still i fking hate you for giving me the DVD with Terra E just now...

Well i think that will be a 10/10 :p... Now i just have to convince him to do a ANL.

@ Windy: Imho i think Death was is a major part of the anime plot and yes i got kinda depressed with so much death...
Oct 12, 2007 10:01 AM

Oct 2006
Well, the story of the show is about a war, and it spreads out over many years. The death aspect was more than necessary. And they made use of it quite well.
KayrhandrosOct 12, 2007 10:06 AM
Oct 21, 2007 2:32 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Took me some time but I also finished it today, I'm really grateful to the people who put so much effort into promoting this show, it is really, really good. Interesting aspects and good animation. I can only recommend it.

[edit]: In case my post sounds underwhelming, I rated it a 10.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 21, 2007 3:46 PM

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
Took me some time but I also finished it today, I'm really grateful to the people who put so much effort into promoting this show, it is really, really good. Interesting aspects and good animation. I can only recommend it.

[edit]: In case my post sounds underwhelming, I rated it a 10.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Imho your post didnt soud underwhelming
Oct 21, 2007 6:34 PM

Aug 2007
Just finished it. 9/10

Amazing series that I'm seriously ashamed that I didn't pick up earlier, I was expecting it to be a generic sci-fi ordeal (along the crappiness of Heroic Age) but It was just brilliant.

Characters were all decent and gave off decent emotion, music was absolutely brilliant, animation was awesome and the story was gripping.

Oct 22, 2007 7:10 AM

Oct 2006
OmegaJudgement said:
Amazing series that I'm seriously ashamed that I didn't pick up earlier, I was expecting it to be a generic sci-fi ordeal (along the crappiness of Heroic Age) but It was just brilliant.
Heh, don't be. I only picked up the show 2monts or so, after it had started. Like most people, I believe, I was also thrown off by that "ugly" first cover. I wouldn't have picked the show up if I hadn't accidentally seen snapshots of the it in Saizen's webpage.

Plus there are some people who're still failing for not picking this show up ^^

But anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the show, OmegaJudgement & cyruz.

OmegaJudgement said:
music was absolutely brilliant
Now I just wish Nipponsei would hurry up with OST II :>
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 13 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 1, 2011

6 by His0kaDevv »»
Mar 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 1 Discussion

Kayrhandros - May 29, 2007

29 by zeroquinze »»
Oct 28, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 22, 2008

84 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 13, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 21 Discussion

puedjies - Feb 8, 2009

15 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 15 Discussion

d388 - Aug 24, 2007

27 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.