Forum Settings
Forums
New
Please read the post and answer accordingly.
Nov 29, 2012 6:38 PM

Jan 2012
So, in the light of all the pointless threads we've been having recently, I'll add another one. (which will hopefully be a more fun discussion...)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As the Title Says: If there were a treatment you could undergo to have cat ears permanently attached to your body, would you?

I recently came across a post on another site that gave me the idea to ask this.
Some random anon on another website said:

I want to be a neko

You know the half-human, half-cat girls who look like normal girls except they have cat ears and a tail that you see in anime? I really wanna be one of them! Seriously if there was a way to have surgery in order to have them... trust me. i would go for it! All they have to do is stitch them on right?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 29, 2012 6:39 PM

Jul 2007
Why?
Nov 29, 2012 6:40 PM
Jul 2012
Scud said:
Why?

the fuck not?
Nov 29, 2012 6:40 PM

Jun 2011
I'm a guy, so no. I reckon it'd be interesting to see a girl with real ones though.
Nov 29, 2012 6:42 PM

Apr 2012
Sure! Then I'd a be an adorable cat boy.

Sep 2009
This is even worse than the transgender threads.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Mar 2012
I'm a guy so maybe i will have inumimi like Kotaro from Negima.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 29, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2008
The question is will that even turn out well in real life?

Chances are it will turn out bad in most cases.

Nov 29, 2012 6:44 PM

Jan 2012
AnnoKano said:
This is even worse than the transgender threads.
Yeah, probably. I don't expect people to take it seriously. That's why I said "It will hopefully be a more fun discussion..."

Hoppy said:
The question is will that even turn out well in real life?
Chances are it will turn out bad in most cases.
That's also true. Even the wearable ones look better in anime.
Nov 29, 2012 6:47 PM

Oct 2011
Where's the "If you could have six inch velociraptor claws grafted onto your feet, would you?" thread?

Jun 2011
I'm not moe enough.

Jan 2008
Virtual_BS said:
I recently came across a post on another site that gave me the idea to ask this.

I want to be a neko

You know the half-human, half-cat girls who look like normal girls except they have cat ears and a tail that you see in anime
? I really wanna be one of them! Seriously if there was a way to have surgery in order to have them... trust me. i would go for it! All they have to do is stitch them on right?

Neko means cat, literally, not half human, half cat girls....

Anyways, as long as turning into one doesn't make me a atheistic, transgendered homosexual.
Nov 29, 2012 6:51 PM

Jan 2012
Paul said:
Neko means cat, literally, not half human, half cat girls....
I know, but that's how the person I quoted wrote it.
Nov 29, 2012 6:52 PM

Jan 2012
It would be hard to get a job as a neko. I wonder if you could go into the military if you were visibly a neko.
Nov 29, 2012 6:53 PM

Jun 2009
Shitty thread, shitty OP
Nov 29, 2012 6:54 PM

Oct 2011
^Shitty sexual orientation.
Nov 29, 2012 7:38 PM

Dec 2011
Yes
Nov 29, 2012 7:43 PM

Jun 2012
DEMOLITION_D said:
^Shitty sexual orientation.

OH SHIT, WE GETTING REAL ROWDY IN HERE

On topic tho, the moeness of one would give me heart problems, so no.
Nov 29, 2012 8:13 PM

Nov 2012
If this entire world goes into the shits and people start to mutate and form into different types beings thus forming new races, then sure, why not.
Nov 30, 2012 1:26 AM

Nov 2012
i am so not kawaaaiiiii~desu enough.

I'm pretty sure you can buy life-like battery operated cat ears, that twitch around quite realistically. They're near $200 though.

Nov 30, 2012 2:33 AM
Jun 2012
no thanks, i am not going to undergo any treatment just for this kind of stuff
Nov 30, 2012 2:36 AM

Aug 2012
Some things should stay in the 2D world, cat ears is one of them.
Nov 30, 2012 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
What a creppy thing to ask!
Nov 30, 2012 3:40 AM

Jan 2012
SetsukoHara said:
What a creppy thing to ask!
True, but surprisingly enough, 7 people have voted Yes so far.
Nov 30, 2012 3:42 AM

Mar 2011
Should transgender people be able to become nekomimi though?
Nov 30, 2012 3:47 AM

Jan 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
Here we go again... 😒
I was aiming for a completely unrelated thread.
Nov 30, 2012 3:47 AM
Mar 2012
Hopefully the moderators see why the changes were a mistake now.
Nov 30, 2012 4:12 AM

Sep 2010
why when you can just wear cat ears and it still looks adorable :D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2012 7:22 AM

Feb 2005
Sure, I'd have a catgirl as a pet, but modifying my own ears?
Maybe if there were some actual benefits with it, like increased hearing and whatnot, but if we're going into cybernetics and biotech modifications I'd still rather have something cooler.
Nov 30, 2012 7:33 AM
May 2009
If I was born with them, I would not mind. But to surgically implant them. Is pretty pointless.
However would I find them attractive on someone in real life. I have no idea. As cute as they are in Anime though.
Nov 30, 2012 8:49 AM
Mar 2012
are they just attached and sitting their, or do I really get a tail and ears that work?
Nov 30, 2012 8:52 AM

Aug 2011
InfiniteRyvius said:

This is the big issue in all this.
Nov 30, 2012 12:15 PM

Oct 2012
you should separate the vote to also include " no, i'm a guy" because for guys it would just be weird and make no sense
Nov 30, 2012 1:19 PM

Jan 2012
extraspectra said:
are they just attached and sitting their, or do I really get a tail and ears that work?
It's hypothetical, so you can speculate what you'd do in either situation.

theglack said:
you should separate the vote to also include " no, i'm a guy" because for guys it would just be weird and make no sense
I'm not changing the poll now after people have already voted. Just vote yes or no.
Dec 1, 2012 4:34 AM

Aug 2012
You mean like having cat ears only for aesthetics with normal human ears or having the cat ears used for hearing too? If the latter, that wouldn't be quite practical.

I want to be a neko

You know the half-human, half-cat girls who look like normal girls except they have cat ears and a tail that you see in anime? I really wanna be one of them! Seriously if there was a way to have surgery in order to have them... trust me. i would go for it! All they have to do is stitch them on right?

Am I the only one who thought about Randy from "South Park" and how he wanted to be a dolphin?
Dec 1, 2012 4:40 AM

Apr 2012
Karpman said:
Hopefully the moderators see why the changes were a mistake now.

I doubt it, they never listen to me.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Dec 3, 2012 8:30 AM

Jun 2008
I wouldn't want that, I'll probably never even understand why people like characters like this.

theglack said:

And why should it be different for males? ô.o
Dec 3, 2012 8:34 AM

Feb 2012
Haha no, I'd look so stupid with cat ears. But I wouldn't mind if my girlfriend had them.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Dec 3, 2012 9:16 AM

Apr 2009
Ellamenopea said:

I'm pretty sure you can buy life-like battery operated cat ears, that twitch around quite realistically. They're near $200 though.

Actually, the ones that read your own brain waves are half that price. Still, they're way bigger than what we usually think of when we hear nekomimi.

Anyway, I'd opt out of getting real cat ears because 1. I'm not cute enough to fit them, 2. It'd be pretty difficult to wear glasses with ears all the way on the top of my head and 3. I'm not a cat person.

Dec 3, 2012 9:21 AM

Dec 2011
Yeah, real cat ears are far from attractive, have you even had a look at it? So no...
Dec 3, 2012 9:40 AM

Apr 2012
akutasame94 said:
Yeah, real cat ears are far from attractive, have you even had a look at it? So no...

Yeah, like functioning cat years? They're goddamn hairy too D:.

I have weird fetishes (actually, nothing can disgust me) which includes even furries, but that does not mean I'd like to see a cat girl or anything similar in real life.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Dec 3, 2012 10:36 AM

Feb 2009
To quote the OP and to ditch the slock in the OP post, I will just insert this here

"As the Title Says: If there were a treatment you could undergo to have cat ears permanently attached to your body, would you?"

Well I for one think cat ears on a girl looks absolutely cute and even a guy can look ok in them. I'd love it if my ears could be modified to look like cat ears. It would have to be my actual ears though, I don't want pointless triangles of ear looking flesh on my head in addition to my other ears.

But I must ask the OP, straight out considering her apparent hostile views on being transgender. What's so magically ok about cat ears, and so dreadful about my wanting to get rid of a penis and replace it for a faux vagina (assuming I wants to go that route)? and taking the steps to encourage breast growth and limit body hair growth?

Transgenders are NOT homosexual any more than any of the rest of the heteros on this site.
Transgenders merely see themselves as being unfortunate to have been stuck in the wrong shell.

A guy in a girl's body does not see themselves as homosexual, they see themselves as a guy stuck in the wrong body. Thus if they could make the switch they would be who they actually already always were. And a guy liking girls is not homosexual.

Yes, medical science simply can't make a guy into a girl to the point you can get the guy turned girl pregnant. I can assure you if it was possible you'd have lots of transgender people willing to drop any sum of cash to make it so.

I am in a man's body and I am NOT a man, and calling me gay is as welcome as it would be for any of the other heteros on the site here. I hate men to a level that I can't even measure. The notion I have ANY interest in a man is lunatic. I don't hate my body though, I hate being in the wrong one, but I don't 'hate it' per se. This body suffers from fybromyalgia, and I admit I hate that detail. I am not at odds with my height though. I don't hate my skin colour. I don't hate my hair colour.

I do dislike my voice, as it is so clearly not a female voice. Sort of a slap in the face every time I hear it. I dislike looking in the mirror. Not because I am ugly, actually, I am not to bad looking, I am just not at all female looking.

It's like being in a job you hate, but at least with the job you can always quit.
I'd be ok as a 50 year old over weight female that was very plain looking. At least it wouldn't look 'wrong' in the mirror.

Nekomimi, it's just something fanciful.
I'd also like wings so I could fly.
I think gills so I could breath under water would be handy.
I think skin that could change to match the surroundings would be neat.
I would not mind fur, actual fur I suppose for cold weather climates.
Genuine claws would be great for defense.
Eyes like a hawk would be useful.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Dec 3, 2012 11:54 AM

Dec 2011
Immahnoob said:
akutasame94 said:

Yeah, like functioning cat years? They're goddamn hairy too D:.

I have weird fetishes (actually, nothing can disgust me) which includes even furries, but that does not mean I'd like to see a cat girl or anything similar in real life.

Why do we always agree XD
Dec 3, 2012 12:00 PM

Mar 2008
I wouldn't mind having (proportional and functional) cat ears. However I'd have to always wear a hat in public so that I wouldn't be treated like a zoo animal...but I think the novelty would be worth it...probably.

But as far as having some useless object grafted into my head, no thanks.
Dec 3, 2012 12:36 PM

Jul 2012
everything in anime looks cuter, sweeter, more adorable, scarier, meaner, etc.

i don't think anime like cat ears will elevate our appearance ><
Dec 3, 2012 4:53 PM

Jan 2012
Lesley_Roberta said:
But I must ask the OP, straight out considering her apparent hostile views on being transgender. What's so magically ok about cat ears, and so dreadful about my wanting to get rid of a penis and replace it for a faux vagina (assuming I wants to go that route)? and taking the steps to encourage breast growth and limit body hair growth?
I never said I support this either, I just felt like starting another pointless (unrelated) discussion.
Dec 3, 2012 5:57 PM

Dec 2011
Hells yes
Dec 3, 2012 6:23 PM

Jul 2012
Would it be cool to see the ladies have them and pull off the look? - Yes
Would it be kind cool to have them? - Possibly (would I get improved hearing? If its just astetic than nah)
Would it be extremely weird to have them? - Definitely
Better not...

Edit:
Sephiex said:
I wouldn't mind having (proportional and functional) cat ears. However I'd have to always wear a hat in public so that I wouldn't be treated like a zoo animal...but I think the novelty would be worth it...probably.

But as far as having some useless object grafted into my head, no thanks.

basically this

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 4, 2012 12:39 AM

Nov 2012
Waffocopter said:
Ellamenopea said:

Actually, the ones that read your own brain waves are half that price. Still, they're way bigger than what we usually think of when we hear nekomimi.
They read brain waves... and move according to mood? Is this real, or am I being severely trolled, because that actually sounds AWESOME.

Not that I'd wear them, or anything... it'd just be really cool to see actually work properly.

Dec 4, 2012 7:54 AM

Apr 2009
No, they're real. They started selling them like crazy at a bunch of cons this summer and they seemed to be doing well. I even tried them on. You can feel them wiggling on your head... They go under the name necomimi.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about education in your country?

Sad - 7 hours ago

11 by DreamWindow »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you deem gratuitously killing insects immoral?

vasipi4946 - Today

15 by DreamWindow »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » will there be any zombie outbreak in the near future?

FruitPunchBaka - 11 hours ago

9 by DreamWindow »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts? ( 1 2 )

Freshell - May 5

52 by DreamWindow »»
48 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country? ( 1 2 )

Sad - Apr 16

56 by DreamWindow »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.