3It was OK
3.2%
2Disliked it
0.9%
1Hated it
1.1%
Average 4.7
536 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2012 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

An alright episode imo overall. I thought Sorata looks kinda funny in a suit as well as Aoyama with glasses. The pool scene was funny as well jumping in just like that. Dem swimsuits and Aoyoma's embarrassment. I thought Mashiro's swimsuit looked cute though.

I liked Mashiro's smile this episode as I think she should smile more often. That fireworks scene was nice to watch as well. Mashiro jumps like a frog!
Stark700Nov 26, 2012 10:33 AM
Nov 26, 2012 9:56 AM

Nov 2007
Seiyuu girl wore glasses outside and got found out.

The guy's presentation didn't go well because of an unexpected question even though there's many people helping him with the preparation. Everyone tries to cheer him up by going to school pool together secretly and escaping. lol @ the awkward hiding.

Illustrator girl's sister (probably?) appearing next ep.?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 26, 2012 10:05 AM

Nov 2008
I loled when everyone got caught by the guard while they were at the pool and about to eat for Trespassing on school property and my he's relentless even appearing after they were off the property to chase them off which lead to an epic running scene with added fireworks. Oh and I wasn't expecting Misaki hitting Kanda in the nose accidentally with a floatie to cause him to cheer up from his bad presentation.

Nov 26, 2012 11:02 AM
Oct 2012
Good ep.

The first charm Mashiro gave Sorata is for victory, but the second one in for safe delivery...
Nov 26, 2012 11:24 AM
Jun 2008
Alright ep with some fan service.sucks for sorata but he'll try again and get it right the second time probably. Nanami is in loveeeeee lol she had a crapload of swimsuits
Nov 26, 2012 11:26 AM

May 2009
Mashiro's jump and fireworks made this episode perfect.

bastek66Nov 27, 2012 4:41 AM
Nov 26, 2012 12:16 PM

Jul 2010

What a position to be in...lucky Sorata...
Nov 26, 2012 12:24 PM

Jul 2009
Elite60 said:

there is nothing under this skirt ....
bruh
Nov 26, 2012 5:34 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, that was an awesome episode. Totally worth the wait
Nov 26, 2012 6:44 PM

Jun 2011
MASHIRO SMILES!

And where did that random end of summer expansive fireworks come from. o.O
Nov 26, 2012 7:16 PM

Feb 2012
best episode yet
Nov 26, 2012 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
best episode so far because of that ending,restoring faith from what was *last weeks episode..*
incoming Another blonde! wonder if shes related to Mashiro.
Nov 26, 2012 7:28 PM

May 2009

That's Rita. English girl, childhood friend of Mashiro.
Nov 26, 2012 7:31 PM

Nov 2012
Just finished watching it RAW...,

The first half was just pure 'meh' but the second half was definitely 1000% better. Sorata this episode was just annoying! I understand that he is sad and depressed..., i mean i dont blame him for being that way..., but crying? Seriously..., he cries; WTF? That scene coupled together with the Nanami Episode was just too much lameness for me to keep this at a '9' score.

Will post my further thoughts on this episode when the fansubs come out. Maybe understanding more of what is going on with the English subs might change back the score for it.
Nov 26, 2012 7:41 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep. Sad that Sorata didn't make it but it was to be expected. Failing at something in life is a great learning experience.

Aside from that, I loved all the girls in swimsuits omg. Especially Misaki. She's got a nice bod to go with her energetic, playful personality. <3 it!

The blonde chick in the preview looks cute as hell. More cute chicks making appearances? Yes please!
Nov 26, 2012 7:45 PM

Dec 2010
Dang such an awesome episode, particularly powerful because of the transition of Sorata's emotions, and how he viewed success compared to his failure. People may whine and complain that he always get depressed but thats because they aren't being realistic about it, when someone puts that much effort in only to fail it doesn't feel good, what i like about his character though is that he learns and moves forward from it. That aside i wonder why that one guy chose him out like that with that question, i mean we know what he saw on his form but i still don't see the connection of relevance.
Nov 26, 2012 7:51 PM

Oct 2012
Naxrrhid said:

The first half was just pure 'meh' but the second half was definitely 1000% better. Sorata this episode was just annoying! I understand that he is sad and depressed..., i mean i dont blame him for being that way..., but crying? Seriously..., he cries; WTF? That scene coupled together with the Nanami Episode was just too much lameness for me to keep this at a '9' score.

Will post my further thoughts on this episode when the fansubs come out. Maybe understanding more of what is going on with the English subs might change back the score for it.
He cried? I don't remember that. I guess I gotta watch it again. I just remembered him having a serious face, then raging
Nov 26, 2012 7:52 PM

Aug 2011
bastek66 said:

That's Rita. English girl, childhood friend of Mashiro.

No. NO. Please don't tell me they're pulling the 'Childhood-friend-in-love-with-main-protagonist' on us, PLEASE. We've already got Aoyama, isn't that good enough?

Rita seems pretty cool though.

Sorata x Mashiron aSDFKASDF this episode was so cute. ALL MY FEELS. I feel horrible for Sorata. In his place, I would have been extremely nervous and frozen on the spot just like he was. But I'm sure that with his new resolve he'll be able to do this. Mashiro is so sweet. She bought him a new charm :''D

Naxrrhid said:

He was humiliated and embarassed and rejected. Plus all his hard work went into vain. Mashiron is very, very talented and got serialized and he didn't pass the next round. He feels jealous on top of that. All his doubts and worries come crashing down on him at the same time, so tit's very realistic of him to cry.
LaciieNov 26, 2012 7:55 PM
Nov 26, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 2009
Yes Sorata! You won't be able to experience all the ups (and downs) that comes from trying!

And how do you steal a pool...
Nov 26, 2012 7:55 PM
Nov 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
That aside i wonder why that one guy chose him out like that with that question, i mean we know what he saw on his form but i still don't see the connection of relevance.

I think Kazuki asked him the question to see if Sorata had what it takes to be a game developer (passion, perseverance etc). Maybe Sorata reminds him of his younger self? Dunno.
Nov 26, 2012 7:56 PM

Dec 2010
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Naxrrhid said:

He cried? I don't remember that. I guess I gotta watch it again. I just remembered him having a serious face, then raging

He was crying a little but held it in when Mashiro came, but i guess its a crime to feel anything to some fans, so thus the critic. Well in any case i personally can't blame the crying, people who have the delusion that men never cry haven't experienced reality, crying isn't restricted to gender nor age.
Nov 26, 2012 8:02 PM

Nov 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:

Yea he did...., when he came back home and was on the back porch.

UtsukushiiYume said:

No. NO. Please don't tell me they're pulling the 'Childhood-friend-in-love-with-main-protagonist' on us, PLEASE. We've already got Aoyama, isn't that good enough?

UtsukushiiYume said:
so it's very realistic of him to cry.

Being realistic or not doesnt make it any less annoying and/or irritating. But this is just my view of it. Things like that i have little to no tolerance for.
Nov 26, 2012 8:05 PM

May 2009
UtsukushiiYume said:

Stop being so pessimistic
Nov 26, 2012 8:11 PM

Jan 2011
Sorata was too nervous during his presentation and got rejected. He became depressed and almost gave up on becoming a video game designer/programmer. Quite emotional during that scene where Sortata told Shiina 'This way isn't forward' with such serious eyes.

Aoyama and Shiina in a swimsuit bra. :D Lmao Sorata gets owned way too much. So nice of Shiina to make and a give a better 'good luck' charm to Sorata. She totally loves Sorata heaps, just doesn't show it well. Shiina jumping with the fireworks in the background was so pretty. Really loved it when the ED song played while they were running and Sorata was telling Aoyama that he won't give up. :)

"The Welcome Nanamin No-Panties Fireworks Festival" "No panties, no life!" LMAO MISAKI FTW!
Another new character next week, Rita. Dat Engrish. XD
Nov 26, 2012 8:19 PM

Jul 2012
bastek66 said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

Stop being so pessimistic

Woah... It's neetman

Every episode seems to start off gloomy but end on a brighter note.
Nov 26, 2012 8:37 PM

Sep 2012
lmao at Nanami running around with no underwear. That must have felt amazing.
Nov 26, 2012 8:48 PM

Aug 2011
Sorata is generic.
And I dislike Shiina, though I'll stick with this anime for a bit longer because it's watchable unlike a Certain Fart Online.
Nov 26, 2012 8:50 PM

Oct 2009
Man ... I'll just have to keep saying it. Mashiro is just tooooooo cute. I want one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2012 8:52 PM

Oct 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Naxrrhid said:

He was crying a little but held it in when Mashiro came, but i guess its a crime to feel anything to some fans, so thus the critic. Well in any case i personally can't blame the crying, people who have the delusion that men never cry haven't experienced reality, crying isn't restricted to gender nor age.
Yeah, Ik what u mean. Gender really doesn't matter when it comes to situations such as this. When all your hardwork just gets stepped on, it really crushes you, especially when someone else tried to achieve something similar, and succeeded when you failed. It really makes you feel like a failure. This anime amazed me at times when they try to be serious, and I mean really amazed. It is a mixture of realistic emotion along with good comedy. This anime is just beautiful IMO. I was just expecting a good rom com, but the anime went beyond that. Idk if it will go downhill from here, but I have loved every single episode of this series so far.
AnimeHAwk616Nov 26, 2012 9:23 PM
Nov 26, 2012 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
Yanoflies said:
Man ... I'll just have to keep saying it. Mashiro is just tooooooo cute. I want one.

Me too^^ Maybe for christmas?
Nov 26, 2012 9:03 PM

Jun 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Naxrrhid said:

Crying a little is not a big deal it dosn't make him look bad or anything. The thing that bothered me a little was how he was thinking that he would resent her because she had succeeded and he hadn't. Its not really fair, other then that it was a decent episode 4/5. Next episode is intriguing.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Nov 26, 2012 9:04 PM

Jun 2010
I just quickly retorted at the new person at the end. XD

Nov 26, 2012 9:11 PM

Jun 2012
This episode had a lot heart which I must stress. Sorata failing on his first attempt for his game design competition utterly destroys him emotionally, to add to the cut in his heart Mashiro is once again getting her manga serialized. I know Kanda put a lot of work into this try as emphasized by showing him reworking it 10 times but he might've gotten a little too depressed in my opinion. Props to Sorata's VA for making an episode which in other series would drag on with the MC sulking about himself, interesting and fly by; He is so much better here than in Sword Art Online in my opinion.

The comedy this week was a lot more subtle without imouto which brought the show back the great chemistry between everyone. Misaki was as genki as ever and Aoyama was as shy as ever. I'm so glad this show is getting a two cour season, I still enjoy the hell out of it and will help me get rid of my depression of the two shoujo romance ending in a couple of weeks

"No pantsu, no life!!" Oh Misaki : P
Nov 26, 2012 9:11 PM

Oct 2011
i Had a stupid smile through half of this episode.

10/10
Nov 26, 2012 9:33 PM

Nov 2011
Twas a nice ep but the fireworks at the end felt a bit too random

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 26, 2012 9:39 PM

Oct 2012
Zee530 said:
Twas a nice ep but the fireworks at the end felt a bit too random
It's the last day of summer. U expect people to end summer without a bang!?
Nov 26, 2012 9:55 PM

Dec 2010
Fallenkingzero said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Naxrrhid said:

Crying a little is not a big deal it dosn't make him look bad or anything. The thing that bothered me a little was how he was thinking that he would resent her because she had succeeded and he hadn't. Its not really fair, other then that it was a decent episode 4/5. Next episode is intriguing.

You think jealousy is meant to be fair? If someone succeeds in their dream and you fail, you think that your mind will only be filled with happy thoughts? Last time i checked people aren't saints, they can put up whatever facades they like but its human nature to envy the success of others, how it is handled is the only difference that exists, just as its normal to cry its normal to feel resentment even ifs it not fair, its natural and it fits the pattern of this series, this isn't the first time Sorata has felt inferior, Jin is the same way, a key concept is to overcome talent with hardwork and the sheer difficulty of doing so.
Nov 26, 2012 10:04 PM

Sep 2011
Naxrrhid said:

His response is perfectly understandable. He was completely thrown by an unexpected question at the start of his presentation and so presented poorly. He probably feels like he could have done much better and that he let himself down. Personally I'm more impressed how he managed to pick himself up so quickly. He chose not to isolate himself and go to the pool as well as just have fun.
Nov 26, 2012 10:06 PM

Nov 2011
I got a question related to this episode. What are the general requirements of becoming a real game designer assuming you want to pursue a career in it?
Nov 26, 2012 10:07 PM

Sep 2011
Naxrrhid said:
Being realistic or not doesnt make it any less annoying and/or irritating. But this is just my view of it. Things like that i have little to no tolerance for.

OMG .. a man having FEELINGS or EMOTIONS!! I can see how that is so intolerable!
Nov 26, 2012 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
Well this episode was definitely better than last weeks. Hilarious but serious at times and even some character development, good stuff. Next week looks like its going to be pretty good as long as it doesn't turn out similar to last week.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 26, 2012 10:16 PM

May 2012
i just noticed ryuunosuke in the bottom left of line in the opening song lol

Nov 26, 2012 10:17 PM

May 2011
"No pantsu, no life"

Damn, I LOVE this quote!
Nov 26, 2012 10:21 PM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
I got a question related to this episode. What are the general requirements of becoming a real game designer assuming you want to pursue a career in it?

Well, a person isn't going to just become a game designer. One might first have experience in programming and various other game related subjects in order to have a grasp on how to design a game. Creating a video game is a very complicated process.

If you're looking from just an indie development standpoint, one could easily become a "game designer" but they would probably be responsible for programming, level design, animations, or a combination of them.

I mean, a game designer has to do not only thinking of the ideas (which is what most people think about when told game design) but also how to execute it in the current market and how to make it effective and profitable.

Then again, there are no strict "requirements" as each game designer may vary in terms of their skill. Some may be adept at managing a team but not quite as good in programming while others may excel at the technical aspects but do worse in other areas.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 26, 2012 10:30 PM

Nov 2011
Entravity said:
Stark700 said:

Well, a person isn't going to just become a game designer. One might first have experience in programming and various other game related subjects in order to have a grasp on how to design a game. Creating a video game is a very complicated process.

If you're looking from just an indie development standpoint, one could easily become a "game designer" but they would probably be responsible for programming, level design, animations, or a combination of them.

I mean, a game designer has to do not only thinking of the ideas (which is what most people think about when told game design) but also how to execute it in the current market and how to make it effective and profitable.

Then again, there are no strict "requirements" as each game designer may vary in terms of their skill. Some may be adept at managing a team but not quite as good in programming while others may excel at the technical aspects but do worse in other areas.

Well, that's definitely true. Creating a video game is definitely a complicated process in which would require a lot of creativity and skill. I'm not sure on the exact criteria but I imagine it would involve skills of photography, special effects, graphic design, and 3D animation. They probably have to be quite inspired into the work.

In technical terms, I assume a Bachelor of Fine Arts is another requirement at a four year institution to be considered qualified as well as work experience as well as references, sample games(?), and strong teamwork/time management skills.

Graphic design is probably also one of the key elements a game designer have to learn to perfect. It definitely seems like a career that is interesting but challenging imo. Oh well, I probably won't consider it although it did strike to me at one point.
Nov 26, 2012 10:38 PM
Sep 2012
kei78 said:
Elite60 said:

there is nothing under this skirt ....
SilentTruth said:
"No pantsu, no life"

Damn, I LOVE this quote!
Damn I would have loved to have been Sorata in that position. Too bad he didn't look up or look back when they were running.

Anyone know who the Seiyu for Rita is?
IconicNov 26, 2012 10:48 PM
Nov 26, 2012 10:40 PM

Jan 2012
I really don't like Aoyoma -_____-

Nov 26, 2012 10:44 PM
Sep 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Fallenkingzero said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Naxrrhid said:

You think jealousy is meant to be fair? If someone succeeds in their dream and you fail, you think that your mind will only be filled with happy thoughts? Last time i checked people aren't saints, they can put up whatever facades they like but its human nature to envy the success of others, how it is handled is the only difference that exists, just as its normal to cry its normal to feel resentment even ifs it not fair, its natural and it fits the pattern of this series, this isn't the first time Sorata has felt inferior, Jin is the same way, a key concept is to overcome talent with hardwork and the sheer difficulty of doing so.
InfiniteDestiny already wrote a very good explanation so Ill just add a bit to what he wrote:

Crying in front of someone is really embarrassing to everyone. This is especially true in Japan where everyone is supposed to be happy and hide all negative emotions. Anyone who does is seen as childish and immature.

Sorata also just didn't want anyone to see him in an embarrassing moment of failure since he would feel childish and immature.
Nov 26, 2012 10:54 PM

Aug 2011
Naxrrhid said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:

Yea he did...., when he came back home and was on the back porch.

UtsukushiiYume said:

UtsukushiiYume said:
so it's very realistic of him to cry.

Okay good I kind of panicked. I always jump ahead of things sigh. XD

@bastek66: Sorry D: I've just seen that development so many times I automatically assume it. Yeah I saw that.

It may be annoying or irritating, but crying like that is something anyone would do in a situation like that. He prepared so much for his presentation, but was surprised by the sudden question, and lost his balance for the rest of the presentation, because that one point in time kept on replaying, replaying, and replaying in his head.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.