3It was OK
6.1%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.5
799 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2012 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

O, so they're analyzing Spooky Boogey a little huh? Time to hunt down the Spooky Boogey! Too bad there's traps like that bomb and hologram trap ..shit's got real.

Anyways, this was an good episode imo because the way they try to hunt down his ass. When Shinya fired his Dominator and took one of his arms off, that was just...sick :D

But damn, that guy got fucked. Getting shot by dominators is not fun.

Nov 8, 2012 8:31 AM

Jul 2010
I loved those scenes where everything went distorted. Very trippy.

Damn, that guy got owned.
Nov 8, 2012 9:02 AM

Aug 2012
for some reason i fell a plot starting to show i don't know why though.
Nov 8, 2012 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
So this is actually continuous story of last ep.

By "her" use of terms, that main guy realized that someone else is using the avatar, which are neither real nor fake.

Wow @ distortion at real life.

What? Not only the main guy was a police, but he was also partner with Nojima-san's character?
tsubasaloverNov 8, 2012 9:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 8, 2012 10:37 AM

Apr 2010
Well that was a very nice and enjoyable episode, but I think it was rather stupid to
Nov 8, 2012 10:42 AM
Sep 2009
St_Ranger said:
I think it was rather stupid to

I believe that's because they didn't know that he was necessarily working for/with somebody else; they probably believed him to be a lone criminal who had a knack for slicing people up in his blender and taking over their online avatars~
Nov 8, 2012 11:19 AM
Sep 2011
This show really likes to throw around titles of well-known literature, doesn't it? Of course it can be seen as an attempt to sound more profound than it actually is, however, I would prefer to use them as a vehicle for discussions of more substantial matters instead of criticizing it for it (which basically happens every time an anime tries to focus on less trivial subjects).

While I'm not familiar with Terayama's works I found Masaoka's mention of Rousseau quite interesting.
While his example of hunters working together to increase the efficiency seems to have a positive connotation the fact that Rousseau himself stated that social structures are actually the reason why humans, who are "good" by nature in a former so-called "natural state", develope ill-natured and vicious behaviour in the first place contradicts it, which will probably be of importance later on, just like Masaoka's question whether the internet is of similar avail.

It should be noted that Rousseau does not suggest humans to revert to their natural state by any means and that he thinks that a society that will benefit every member of it is possible, even though the way how it is supposed to work in his opinion could be seen as rather utopian and far-fetched.

All in all, I see a lot of opportunities for the writer to execute these ideas more extensively.
EudaimoniaNov 8, 2012 11:25 AM
Nov 8, 2012 11:28 AM

Jun 2009
shinya was his partner wow didnt see that coming makes me even more interessted in what really happend back then though
Nov 8, 2012 11:31 AM
Sep 2011
On another note, I always suspected Masaoka to be Ginoza's former partner so that I was caught off-guard when it was revealed that it was actually Shinya who worked as an Inspector in the past.
Nov 8, 2012 11:41 AM

Dec 2009
Well, now it's interesting again. I liked this episode. I just wish Akane would stop being tired.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 8, 2012 11:57 AM
Apr 2012
Freigeist said:
On another note, I always suspected Masaoka to be Ginoza's former partner so that I was caught off-guard when it was revealed that it was actually Shinya who worked as an Inspector in the past.

Wow, same here!
Nov 8, 2012 12:44 PM

Jul 2011
What... c'mon let's keep it real. Who didn't see this coming? There were so many flags..
Nov 8, 2012 12:49 PM

Aug 2011
Freigeist said:
This show really likes to throw around titles of well-known literature, doesn't it? Of course it can be seen as an attempt to sound more profound than it actually is, however, I would prefer to use them as a vehicle for discussions of more substantial matters instead of criticizing it for it (which basically happens every time an anime tries to focus on less trivial subjects).

While I'm not familiar with Terayama's works I found Masaoka's mention of Rousseau quite interesting.
While his example of hunters working together to increase the efficiency seems to have a positive connotation the fact that Rousseau himself stated that social structures are actually the reason why humans, who are "good" by nature in a former so-called "natural state", develope ill-natured and vicious behaviour in the first place contradicts it, which will probably be of importance later on, just like Masaoka's question whether the internet is of similar avail.

It should be noted that Rousseau does not suggest humans to revert to their natural state by any means and that he thinks that a society that will benefit every member of it is possible, even though the way how it is supposed to work in his opinion could be seen as rather utopian and far-fetched.

All in all, I see a lot of opportunities for the writer to execute these ideas more extensively.

Foreshadowing? Yeah, that's probably it considering that there is already a lot of foreshadowing in this anime.

Urobuchi Gen is really such a genius. I want to say something, maybe it was just the subs, but Mido was talking about Plato's Theory of Idea, right? Or was that just my misconception?
Nov 8, 2012 1:15 PM
Oct 2010
Loved it, saw that twist coming though. The OST is also really good, anxious to see what's coming next.
Nov 8, 2012 1:17 PM
Oct 2010
St_Ranger said:
Well that was a very nice and enjoyable episode, but I think it was rather stupid to

Information about what? They assumed he was working alone.
Nov 8, 2012 1:28 PM

Jun 2011
Kougami, previous Inspector. That's some shocking news.
Can't solve case, wants revenge, psycho-pass goes up?

Anyways, I really liked the interpretation of an idol. An idol is just an image created by the fans; it is not really who he/she is.

"You can be anyone because you are not anyone - you are empty. You don't have a face, so you can wear any masks."
^This I'm not sure though, Don't really have any opinion on this. Reminds me of Nagase from Kokoro Connet who I never really seem to be able to connect to her situation.

(Pardon my poor translations/interpretations... From Japanese>Chinese>English) 囧
Nov 8, 2012 1:34 PM

Jul 2010
that mido guy is creepy as fuck. amazing episode as always~
Nov 8, 2012 1:36 PM
Sep 2011
UtsukushiiYume said:

Urobuchi Gen is really such a genius. I want to say something, maybe it was just the subs, but Mido was talking about Plato's Theory of Idea, right? Or was that just my misconception?

I think he was though I can't say that I fully understand Plato's Theory of Idea/Forms since I'm not too familiar with it. From what I could grasp it is related to Plato as far as the abstract Forms of the avatars are concerned, as they have transcended reality (from Mido's point of view) as beings more perfect and "real" than the changeable and material world, which would fit Plato's belief that the objects we see are mere copys that mimic the real Forms (see "allegory of the cave").

Which is rather ironic, since Mido used the avatars as characters he could insert himself in and they can be manipulated by anyone who has the skills to do so as shown at the end. They have neither gained independence nor are they anything more than "costumes" one can put on if they feel like it.
Nov 8, 2012 2:16 PM

May 2011
Damn, feel sorry for that guy, getting double cross by the one he's talked there.

A little dark history perhaps?
Nov 8, 2012 2:19 PM

Aug 2012
I like how they mentioned the case that shot Kogami's crime coefficient up went unsolved, I'm sure that case will come back up sooner or later.
Nov 8, 2012 2:27 PM

Jun 2009
maybe the case theiur speaking about is about makishima preview from the first ep
Nov 8, 2012 2:39 PM

Jun 2012
I like the little hint of backstory, but I'm still sorta waiting for a bit more introduction to the central plot. Love the music though.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Nov 8, 2012 2:50 PM

Jul 2012
So cool. And this music, masterpiece.
Nov 8, 2012 3:08 PM
Sep 2012
I always suspected that either Shinya or Masaoka would be former inspectors so I wasn't that surprised that it was revealed that Shinya really was an inspector.

I really loved all the detective stuff. I like how Shinya actually tried to do some old fashioned detective work instead of tracking access routes. Every new villain that keeps popping up is crazier and more devious than before and it makes for a really good story.

5/5
Nov 8, 2012 3:24 PM

Jun 2012
Never ceases to make me cringe how brutal this futuristic world is. First Mido dismembering his victims then stuffing them down the sewer drain then the Eliminators making people's bodies explode.

After Kogami revealed Mido's intentions and operations, it made me realize I've seen that kind of criminal in other sci-fi stories of people taking on another persona whether it be through idolizing or coerced into it.

The end though finding out Kogami used to be an inspector while surprising makes a lot of sense considering how good at the job he is and his view of the world. It's probably related to the first scene in episode 1 we saw but I can't wait to find out more.
Nov 8, 2012 3:30 PM

Feb 2009
Another good episode. Hopefully this anime continues to deliver.
Nov 8, 2012 3:41 PM

Feb 2009
Oh man, that background music from 15:00 to 15:30 or so is jizzworthy. Fuck yeah'd at that.

Great ep as always.
Nov 8, 2012 3:41 PM

Oct 2008
Another epic episode, this is just too good.
Nov 8, 2012 3:50 PM

Apr 2009
Has anyone else noticed this?

Once again in anime, Polish Spirytus Rektyfikowany, the strongest consumable alcohol in existence.

Nice to see such an accent from my country.
Nov 8, 2012 3:57 PM
Nov 2008
I KNEW IT! The thing about Kogami's past.My intuition was correct xD
Nov 8, 2012 4:09 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode again. Creepy bad guy like always lol.

Nov 8, 2012 4:47 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah, I guess we all pretty much knew Ko was some sort of detective that went mad because of an unfinished case, so that wasn't really a surprise. It's not a surprise he was Gino's partner, since he's very intimate with him.

Now, I can't be sure, but the probability that this unfinished case has something to do with the big bad is very big. Specially because of that intro in the 1st ep.

The biggest surprise I had was that they actually continued this plot now. I kinda thought they would put it in the fridge for a while.

Really liked how Mido hacked the holo-rooms and how Masaoka managed to counter it.

I know they thought Mido was working alone, but either way, killing the guy before a litte torture interrogation doesn't look very productive. They should've at least cover all the bases, though it would be kinda incoherent with the whole setting.

I liked the use of the quotes. Sure, they didn't really go deep, but they really didn't need to to make the points they wanted to make. To those that didn't catch it, big bad called Mido a Noppera-bo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noppera-b%C5%8D

But Ko being such an awesome detective was a little lame. It's like Gino and the others are ignorants, except for Masaoka, who has already shown his skills but couldn't use them in this high tech case. I'd have prefered if they had interacted more during the investigation.

I really want to see the background of the characters.
Nov 8, 2012 5:10 PM

May 2010
It's getting exciting! I'm looking forward how Kogami's past will effect the story :D
Nov 8, 2012 5:34 PM

Mar 2012
Wow kogami was a former inspecter? that was surprising
Nov 8, 2012 5:45 PM

Jan 2010
This show reminds me of Witch Hunter Robin. Its mood, colour palette, music, the mostly episodic format, even the perspective of the main female character towards the male lead, the lack of comprehension the female has about the male, etc… it really gives me a similar feeling while I watch it.

Having said that, I'm really enjoying this show.

Re: the philosophical references, FWIW, I had forgotten that Urobuchi was involved with this until reminded of it by one of the comments in this thread. I liked how something similar was done in Madoka Magica (probably in ep.02).
Nov 8, 2012 5:53 PM

Aug 2011
Kogami so f*** badass.
Nov 8, 2012 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Very good epiosde, nice wrap up w/ dat ending.
Nov 8, 2012 6:33 PM

May 2012
I love it when people in this show get blown up! Awesome episode! :D
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Nov 8, 2012 6:38 PM

Jun 2012
great episode for me, loving this series still :P

either the part from the first episode is the future confrontation or it is from the past and is the case that got kougami demoted, either way the main bad guy is going to be the unsolved case that kougami got demoted for
jimbob1141Nov 8, 2012 6:42 PM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Nov 8, 2012 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
U R O B U C H I ► G E N I U S
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 8, 2012 6:45 PM

Apr 2009
Droplet said:
Oh man, that background music from 15:00 to 15:30 or so is jizzworthy. Fuck yeah'd at that.

Great ep as always.

yes very good music

I think this was the best episode so far actually.
Nov 8, 2012 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
Haha Highland D(P)ark Scotch!

Also Kougami was on a roll there with that pattern trace down. That was pretty smart analytical thinking. My opinion of him went way up in this episode for sure!
lanfireNov 8, 2012 7:09 PM
Nov 8, 2012 6:57 PM

Oct 2010
It would be a waste not to put the following,

In! MADE MY DAY MAN! Nido dying like the shit he was, certainly got me smiled in favour of he who kills must be killed for slaughter of the innocent shall not be tolerated. So they say around. Nido was a plain sad loser of a human waste. He got consumed by jealousy of the other avatars and could only be a lame shit of a human waste to seek solutions of the most easiest ways. That of killing and taking avatars of the most popular types.

I am worried about Akane because I can see she will be crying at Kougami's past. I can feel she might, the flashback of Kougami's past for what was shown of them look rather depressive. I shall leave as that and might edit later.
lanfire said:
Haha Highland D(P)ark Scotch!
95% WTF O_O Alcohol was also crazy.
Yumekichi11Nov 8, 2012 7:07 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 8, 2012 7:17 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, this show is getting deeper and deeper. Great developments.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 8, 2012 7:17 PM

Jul 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
95% WTF O_O Alcohol was also crazy.

The 25 year is pretty good ^_^

... Still wishing to try the 40 year >_> ~ 2k $ a bottle though

-rewatching the last 5 minutes of this episode seem like a bad acid trip this guy had... This virtual world is something intense.

Also damn you leg!!! Where is the pop and splat?

Ep 6 is going to be interesting I believe! Time to bring out that Cheshire grin again :D
lanfireNov 8, 2012 7:31 PM
Nov 8, 2012 7:25 PM

Jul 2010
I thought this episode was wicked !!
Didn't thought that the suspect was so crazy!! But then the tittle of the anime says it all!!
Getting ready for crazier shit!!
Now it's a shock how Shinya was that other guys partner...
Wonder what did Shinya do to be a criminal.
I still don't trust some of those people.
Nov 8, 2012 7:40 PM

May 2012
The OST in this anime really rocks... And nice episode! Always looking forward when they will use the Dominator and it will transform or upgrade into something.. it really looks cool :)
Nov 8, 2012 7:53 PM

Oct 2010
rebelakuma said:
The OST in this anime really rocks...
When the holographic cracking started, BEST OST MOMENT! Any other moments with that OST are also going to be most amazing IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 8, 2012 7:54 PM

Mar 2009
Fire-breathing old man was the best part. Shit, I was not expecting that.
Nov 8, 2012 7:56 PM

Aug 2011
MORE KABOOOOOOM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.