Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2012 10:13 PM

Mar 2011
kaimax said:
Well, This is SAO, currently a 90% "Carbon copy" of it. You'll soon understand as why this anime is called SAO

But seems like the anime's plot also changed, not only the game. Don't matter how it's called, I'm watching "new" anime.
Oct 27, 2012 10:15 PM

Mar 2012
Oh shit. Brainwashing. I can just imagine Kirito meeting a brainwashed Asuna.

Hey asuna are you there

I am titania

That would be awful. Or if the evil dude just brainwashed everybody. Good thing anime doesn't have such sane villains. he doesn't want to turn her into a "puppet". Lucky her.
Oct 27, 2012 10:22 PM

Jul 2012
I'm confused. Did his sister know that was kirito in-game??
Oct 27, 2012 10:28 PM

Mar 2011
Sixth said:

Maybe not, but they're cousins.
Oct 27, 2012 10:29 PM
Mar 2010
Sixth said:

By some unfathomable reason, no, she doesn't. That's why she's so intrigued by "Kirito".

(At least, I'm pretty sure she doesn't.)

As a side note, pretty art is pretty. Props to A-1.
Oct 27, 2012 10:37 PM

Nov 2011
Rofl the big boobed elf chick is his sister, awwkkkwwwaaaard...

And poor Asuna D: That douche bag of a System Admin uggggh. I really hope Kirito can save her and not fall in love with his sister....
Oct 27, 2012 10:47 PM
Sep 2011
Gigarit said:
Rofl the big boobed elf chick is his sister, awwkkkwwwaaaard...

And poor Asuna D: That douche bag of a System Admin uggggh. I really hope Kirito can save her and not fall in love with his sister....

I thought people could recognize her through the voice.
Oct 27, 2012 10:54 PM
Oct 2010
Sixth said:

I think she suspects it's him and is using their arranged time to check? IIRC the episode before they had a whole long talk about him getting her so.. maybe that's what's happening? He did mention he came looking for someone in ALO.
Oct 27, 2012 11:09 PM
Sep 2012
The series has become unbearable to watch after this ep...So many stuff are left out from the novels its becoming really disappointing.
Oct 27, 2012 11:10 PM

Feb 2012
bippo said:
The series has become unbearable to watch after this ep...So many stuff are left out from the novels its becoming really disappointing.

Really? I thought they adapted everything well...
Oct 27, 2012 11:13 PM
Sep 2012
^ That's your opinion not mine.
Oct 27, 2012 11:14 PM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
^ That's your opinion not mine.

But perhaps you can elaborate a bit of what you think should have been adapted but not in the anime?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 27, 2012 11:15 PM

Oct 2009
The bird cage scene was alright, one of the only scenes that I found to be on the same level as in the novel. Well, the blurring of the lock and the lock itself could have been better. Oh wells, I had already given up hope since episode 2.

EDIT: Only realized now that volume 10 is fully translated. Yay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2012 11:23 PM

Sep 2012
feel so bad for Leafa knowing what will happen... T.T just end it already ><
Oct 27, 2012 11:30 PM

Dec 2011
We finally got a POV from Asuna...
And Leafa is Sugu alright!

That Sugou guy is so annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2012 11:40 PM

Jan 2011
Another awesome episode of SAO. Loved those flight scenes, can't wait to see more of those in the later episodes. The scene with Kirito interrupting Lyfa with an outburst of rage was great. Suguha has a Lyfa poster on the ceiling of her room as well? Talk about being a hardcore fan lmao. Oh man I just love how shy she gets and overreacts. :D

Yui is so damn cute, sleeping together with Kirito. Also like how she hides in Kirito's breast pocket while they're flying. Lastly, the Douchebag King Sugou appears and harasses/teases Asuna. Totally thought he was gonna rape her right there. Man, Sugou could just alter Asuna's memories and make her fall in love with him. Pretty crazy shit.

It seems like they are leaving out quite a bit of the content from the light novels but I still like the Anime adaptation. And it is kind of hard to animate scenes with just the character's thoughts, which happen a lot in the light novel. Overall loved this episode. Can't get enough of Lyfa/Suguha! >=D
Oct 27, 2012 11:53 PM

Mar 2012
Oh man, this anime just has no mercy on Asuna. First she gets trapped in a game for 2+ years with no way out other than beating Heathcliff and even then, she gets stuck in another game because some douche who works for her father has an "evil" complex and traps her mind in another game so she can be his plaything.

Seriously, Asuna...don't EVER buy a lottery ticket...you have the worst luck EVER!!!
Oct 28, 2012 12:03 AM

Oct 2012
In episode 15, I shrugged Sugou off. But in this episode, he pissed me off so much.
I still wonder if Asuna will still be together with Kirito. Part of me screams yes, but at the back of my mind, it whispers no. I keep telling myself to read the light novel but I never had the proper motivation to start it...
Oct 28, 2012 12:16 AM

Jan 2011
I can't wait for this to progress since I want to see Kirito save Asuna already.
With what Sugou said about changing one's memories he could basically fuck up Asuna to prevent Kirito from having her if he wins ALO. I doubt that'll happen though since the bastard wants Asuna as she is and they probably won't mess around with the MCs too much.
They'll go to the big tree thing in the next episode, I hope they'll clear it fast.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 28, 2012 12:18 AM
Sep 2012
damn man fuck sugou!! that bastard!!!! and cant wait for next episode again!!!!!!!! X(
Oct 28, 2012 12:33 AM

Jul 2010
fuck.... Sugou made my skin crawl and I knew it was coming. Damn I don't know how i will be able to see the end dealing with watching him (I read LN already). But even if I wasn't looking forward to Sugou, on the brighter side I'm happy to see the animated Lyfa(kirito cousins avatar). Thought she was attractive on the illustrations and the anime certainly didn't let me down. And to all those people who think KiritoxSuguha is bad, bceause of incest. THEY ARE COUSINS, so it ain't incest. ITs just how ppl in the South live their lives.
Anyways, I'm still Kirito x Asuna, with hope that Yui somehow is brought to life in real world. Keep it up SAO!
Oct 28, 2012 1:42 AM

Jan 2012
Sugou-san is such a great protagonist!
Oct 28, 2012 1:47 AM

Apr 2012
Another nice eps of SAO (and makes me more angry to Sugou DX )
Let's wait for next eps :)

Oct 28, 2012 1:54 AM

Jun 2010
bippo said:

They adapted ALO arc pretty well imo. What else would you want them to do? I like how they show Asuna not being able to see clearly the password for the lock hinting for possible solutions for escape.

Sixth said:

Nope. She don't.

-------------

Is it just me or they keep focusing on Lyfa's breast? Well, Lyfa is hot, can't blame them. ALO arc is not disappointing me yet. Better than SAO arc. Good episode! A lot of Lyfa moments. I JUST WISH THAT THEY STOP IGNORING OTHER SERIES ( SHINSEKAI YORI ) AND SPLIT THE ATTENTION TOGETHER!!

BTW. SUGOU. LOL. MY DAY IS FUCKING RUIIIIIIIINED.
Oct 28, 2012 1:55 AM

Mar 2011
What happened with the comment numbers? It's low :D
Decent episode
We got to see some explanations how Alfheim online work and brain hack? That sounds pretty scary
Lyfa trolled Kirito
Oct 28, 2012 2:07 AM

Sep 2011
Vizi_Reality said:
Decent episode
We got to see some explanations how Alfheim online work and brain hack? That sounds pretty scary
Lyfa trolled Kirito

Less flaming cause of moderation
Oct 28, 2012 2:09 AM

Sep 2012
KuroNoKenshi said:

If you payed any attention at all you would know that Kirito in ALO doesn't look like Kazuto at all.
In SAO he had his facial feature because Kayaba made it that way while in ALO he got a personalised avatar and doesn't look like Kazuto. From the viewer perspective they might look the same but they are fundamentaly different.

So in ALO, Asuna looks like the real Asuna, but Kirito doesn't look like Kazuto. How is that possible?
Oct 28, 2012 2:11 AM

Aug 2009
SetsukoHara said:
KuroNoKenshi said:

If you payed any attention at all you would know that Kirito in ALO doesn't look like Kazuto at all.
In SAO he had his facial feature because Kayaba made it that way while in ALO he got a personalised avatar and doesn't look like Kazuto. From the viewer perspective they might look the same but they are fundamentaly different.

So in ALO, Asuna looks like the real Asuna, but Kirito doesn't look like Kazuto. How is that possible?

Because of Sugou.Wouldnt it be weird if he was molesting a different looking woman?
Oct 28, 2012 2:16 AM
Sep 2012
SetsukoHara said:

How about having something people called "common sense" ?
Oct 28, 2012 2:21 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
SetsukoHara said:
KuroNoKenshi said:

Because of Sugou.Wouldnt it be weird if he was molesting a different looking woman?

So it's Sugou who made Asuna keep her appearance, without Sugou, she would also have a personalised avatar. OK, it wasn't clear in my mind, because in the anime, Kirito looks a lot like Kazuto, and since they could easily recognized Asuna, I thought it would be the same for Kirito.
Oct 28, 2012 2:26 AM

Aug 2009
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:
SetsukoHara said:
KuroNoKenshi said:

So it's Sugou who made Asuna keep her appearance, without Sugou, she would also have a personalised avatar. OK, it wasn't clear in my mind, because in the anime, Kirito looks a lot like Kazuto, and since they could easily recognized Asuna, I thought it would be the same for Kirito.

About Kirito.Add to that "personalized avatar" also the fact that Kirito/Kazuto has a very generic face,so much that many in the threads compared him with at least 3 chars in other anime(one from this season) which makes the ones he encounters not to be suspicious of his (generic) personalized avatar

Also later in the story
ssjokgOct 28, 2012 2:30 AM
Oct 28, 2012 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
GuZ said:
Sugou-san is such a great protagonist!

We all need to thank his seiyuu Takehito Koyasu too, who also brilliantly voiced DIO in JoJo !!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2012 2:32 AM

Jun 2010
Vizi_Reality said:

See the first post in the first page. Haha :D
Oct 28, 2012 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
azbc1209 said:
SetsukoHara said:

How about having something people called "common sense" ?

Lol, you know, that's what I used to come to this conclusion. Kirito kept a lot of his SAO skills, and he also have the same face. So I believed that he kept his skills and his facial feature too. The fact that Asuna looks like her real self strengthen my opinion.

Also, there was no hate in my question, I already have an opinion on SAO, and it's not those kind of small details that will change it. I was just asking for clarification.

ssjokg said:

About Kirito.Add to that "personalized avatar" also the fact that Kirito/Kazuto has a very generic face,so much that many in the threads compared him with at least 3 chars in other anime(one from this season) which makes the ones he encounters not to be suspicious of his (generic) personalized avatar

OK.
Oct 28, 2012 2:40 AM
Sep 2012
OMG I HATE SUGOU SOOOO MUCH!
Can't wait to see him getting his butt kicked by kirito!!!!
Lol, i didn't want him to keep his old name! What if that Sugou bastard finds him!!
Oct 28, 2012 2:41 AM

Nov 2009
ssjokg said:
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:
SetsukoHara said:
KuroNoKenshi said:

Also later in the story

You can see Kirito's appearance in SAO at the start of ALO, it merged with ALO random generated appearance(and each appearance is unique) . Because ALO is an expansion of SAO. ( Means some of the code in SAO have been transferred and copied into ALO, such as their appearance, stats, etc).

Everyone who was in SAO also has their appearance merged with the appearance in ALO (Egil, Klein, Lizbeth, Silica). So they can keep their original form in real life, but there are some changes as they choose races. Meanwhile other players like Suguha, Simon have their appearance randomly generated and it looks different compare to their real life appearance.
Takana_no_HanaOct 28, 2012 2:47 AM
Oct 28, 2012 2:49 AM
Oct 2012
SetsukoHara said:
KuroNoKenshi said:

Kirito made a new character with randomized appearance. Asuna got hijacked by Sugou and he wanted to keep her apperance.
Oct 28, 2012 2:50 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Some decent progression made this episode, so far ALO has been to my liking, the depictions of the locations have been nice and not so cliiche as hell.

Also I think normally I'd be harbouring some crazy Sugou hate, but later after

I can't quite get myself to ignite my inner rage anymore.
Oct 28, 2012 2:51 AM

Sep 2008
Meh episode. I'm not getting impressed by this arc compared to SAO at all.
While SAO villain was believable and interesting, the main villain here is just that, villain with 0 charisma and 0 fun, he's just evil, nothing to it, classic cliché villain.

Why do you do this? "Well, I'm evil."
That would be the whole explanation for that guy. I expected way more from show which actually had really good bad guy who had his motivations, goals, strange ways etc so far.
I feel like they replaced Heath Ledger (Joker) with Uma Thurman (Poison Ivy). Hell, even she had more motivation than this guy.
Oct 28, 2012 2:53 AM

Dec 2011
tch i hate that guy...

interesting.. lyfa is sugu... though thats not really surprising
Oct 28, 2012 3:00 AM

Nov 2009
whatever123456 said:

Kirito made a new character with randomized appearance. Asuna got hijacked by Sugou and he wanted to keep her apperance.

It's not really a randomized appearance. It's just that his original appearance was merged with Spriggan features.

As you can see here(contains spoiler)
Oct 28, 2012 3:19 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode.
I lol'd at the flying part with Kirito XD

Sugou...just...aagghhh....I can't stand you.
Oct 28, 2012 3:27 AM

May 2011
Suguha is quite creepy imagining things about her cousin.. but she's cute..

and dang that SUGOU!!! is SUGOI annoying! i cant wait for kirito to kick his ass of!
and Yay finally asuna appear
Oct 28, 2012 3:55 AM

Jun 2010
What, Suguha doesn't even realize that Kirito is her brother (or cousin)??
Well Well...
Oct 28, 2012 4:15 AM

Aug 2012
WTH!!!! I didn't saw that coming. Lyfa/Leafa is Suguha! However she was unaware that Kirito was her cousin. She's really in love with him... even in the game she's attached to him. I believe that he's gonna help her to get the waiter, the boy from her class.

Hey, I know a lot of you would say that there's nothing worst than death, however, this game's worst than SAO. It's a human experiment. Controls emotions, thoughts and memory... WTF!

Kirito you jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I love the touch that they used on the security machine in the cage... they programmed it so that when Asuna looks at it to see the code being entered, all she's seeing is a badly pixelated machine.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Oct 28, 2012 4:17 AM

Apr 2012
Mediocre episode...
Dies Irae! :)
Oct 28, 2012 4:19 AM
Jul 2012
MAKE IT STOP !!!!

lol it remind me with one RPG game DLC LOL
Oct 28, 2012 4:19 AM

Jul 2012
Kirito got to hurry and kick that guy's butt already. Every episode causes me to hate Sugou even more.
Oct 28, 2012 4:23 AM

May 2010
love how kirito keeps falling.
Oct 28, 2012 5:07 AM

Sep 2012
petalshreds said:
love how kirito keeps falling.

its becoming a running gag of the show lol xD
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

71 by ItsQuintaly »»
May 5, 12:05 AM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.