Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2012 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Nice little history background between Mashiro and Yoshino. They look cute imo! Looks like they went through some hard times but best friends forever, right?

Also, more shit goes down and civilization being blasted. Nice action this episode as well.
Oct 25, 2012 11:16 AM

Oct 2010
A most background revealing episode in terms of Mahiro and Yoshino.

About the first part, I find out most shocking in the spoiler
to have seen that the cause of the disease is indeed the big ass monsters that eventually will form into something else.

About the second part, I find Yoshino as a kid in the following,

To be adorable. It’s too bad that shit happened to him when he was younger.

About the fan service, well girls should be happy in the spoiler
for I see some Mahiro ass there and chest too.

While Aika in the following,

Was gorgeous, she still really was slutty in the spoiler
going on a date with Mahiro while I am pretty sure she was with Yoshino at the same time during that date.

Regardless the end turns out more pleasant as bits of enticing revealing of Hakase show up apart from the nice conversation she had with Mahiro/Yoshino. Might edit later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 25, 2012 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
This show indeed has quite a bit of female-appealing elements put in it ;-)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 25, 2012 12:52 PM

Jul 2010
It was a good episode explaining Yoshino and Mahiro's backstory, though im more interested in next one.Preview looks really neat.Aika! and some nice action.Cant wait :D
Oct 25, 2012 12:53 PM

Mar 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
.. going on a date with Mahiro while I am pretty sure she was with Yoshino at the same time during that date.

Hey Aika and Mahiro are related (they really are right?) so it shouldn't matter i believe? I dont think they had more than sibling relationship

Personally loved this episode. Nice to know how they got together. So Yoshino is quite a genius since childhood. Making Mahiro a puppy lover was damn funny :D I think this will be one of my favourites from this season.
I have a feeling that Mahiro has some hidden power..

Is that witchwoman on island same old as those boys ?

LylaazOct 25, 2012 1:01 PM
Oct 25, 2012 12:58 PM

Dec 2010
Nice backstory pretty well done considering its original from the manga, it was nice they way they developed their meeting, and it seems that next episode will continue to be original instead of following the manga (granted some scenes in the preview were in the manga) but then again this was to be expected from the get go anyway.
Oct 25, 2012 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
Loving this more and more. Can't wait till next week, looks like its going to get pretty exciting

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 25, 2012 1:01 PM

Nov 2010
somehow it kinda had a depressed atmosphere, the backgroundstory was interesting, though. I'm okay with the "getting friends by an accident" but it's still like yoshino isn't happy with it. Mahiro was more like "What ever, I accept him" but mhm I don't know...
The only thing that amused me was the first half of the episode and the fact that both of them getting this far because they have each other. I guess both accept the friendship like it is?
Oct 25, 2012 1:16 PM
May 2012
fanservice episode for the female audience, imo
Oct 25, 2012 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
I liked the backstory on how they became friends. For some reason this episode got me excited for next week's. 4/5

Oct 25, 2012 1:48 PM
Mar 2012
too much gay fanservice, as if there wasn't enough already. I'm out of here
Oct 25, 2012 1:51 PM

Jun 2008
*drools at Mahiro´s body* period.
Hope next episode follows the manga...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 25, 2012 2:24 PM

Jul 2012
Shaduge said:

Lmao smh. Anyways good episode wish I could fast forward to next week.
Also I'm curious if Mahiro's sister will be revived since she's in the opening and ending of the anime.
If so that would really be bad because it would be to cliche I like the story as it is by reviving her the impact of her death wouldn't be as powerful. I just want Ms.Island girl to meet them both and see the reaction when they see her.
Oct 25, 2012 2:34 PM

May 2011
Mahiro past was kinda...interesting to say.

SO back to action next week.
Oct 25, 2012 2:35 PM

Sep 2011
Amon-Raw said:
Shaduge said:

Lmao smh. Anyways good episode wish I could fast forward to next week.
Also I'm curious if Mahiro's sister will be revived since she's in the opening and ending of the anime.
If so that would really be bad because it would be to cliche I like the story as it is by reviving her the impact of her death wouldn't be as powerful. I just want Ms.Island girl to meet them both and see the reaction when they see her.
they already said death is permanent, it only works for protecting not anything else, if you fail to protect something and that thing is destroyed because of it, there no reversing it.

anyhow nice episode, though something still feels off about these 2, its almost like they really hate eachother deep down

Shaduge said:

yah cause girls totally dont watch stuff, if theres any sexulization of males then it must totally be for gays, they probably just threw in his ass because for the rest of the series their is a big breasted half naked chick as a main character
JizzyHitlerOct 25, 2012 5:48 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 25, 2012 2:56 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode, loving this series. ^^

Getting to know how they met was awesome aswell, loved Yoshino joking about Mashiro saving a puppy :P

Next ep looks pretty serious, can't wait for next week :3
Oct 25, 2012 3:04 PM
May 2012
Dropped.
Oct 25, 2012 3:13 PM

Sep 2012
When this started, I had the initial impression that this show was trying too hard, with the soundtrack and everything. I was debating dropping it.

The show's grown on me though, and is turning out quite enjoyable. I'm looking forward to this!

And damn, no-homo, but Mahiro's got a great ass!
Red_KeysOct 25, 2012 3:18 PM
Oct 25, 2012 3:15 PM
Sep 2012
I think the guy in the last picture is Yoshino.

I think his hair looks blond (because that light)
Oct 25, 2012 3:21 PM

Jan 2012
Quality stuff, ladies and gentlemen.
Oct 25, 2012 3:25 PM

Nov 2008
I don't really like when Aika shows up..as in the flashbacks..I don't know, but I just don't like her, and she's dead. Well whatever, Yoshino/Mashiro back story on how they met was nice, and I liked that ending when Yoshino gave his speech to the class : )

I wanna see Hakaze get off that island, and travel with them.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Oct 25, 2012 3:36 PM

May 2010
Nice background episode.
Oct 25, 2012 3:37 PM

Nov 2009
lol @ those fangirl fanservices .... Other than that, this was a nice episode, we got to know more about these 2's past.

Next ep we gonna see Aika yay!!!!
Oct 25, 2012 3:52 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, that was an interesting way of meeting each other. I love how they have reciprocal feelings of one another -- that being how they both acknowledge they wouldn't have got so far without each other. It's interesting how each one of them thinks the other person did more for them and visa versa, but in reality, they both contribute equally.

Yumekichi11 said:
she still really was slutty in the spoiler... going on a date with Mahiro while I am pretty sure she was with Yoshino at the same time during that date.

What. The. Fuck. They're brother and sister. Too much incestual anime for you.
Oct 25, 2012 3:59 PM

Sep 2012
decent background episode. curious to how yoshino meets the sister, and how they decided to go out and to keep it a secret.
also, from where is that pic of them in the aquaruim ?? dont remember that scene, if they showed it already.
'What we learned as children, that one plus one equals two, we know to be false. One plus one equals one. We even have a word for when you, plus another, equals one. That word is love.' ~ The Buddha
Oct 25, 2012 4:05 PM

Jan 2012
I also don't like celery
Oct 25, 2012 4:15 PM
Sep 2012
I think the guy in the last picture is Yoshino.

I think his hair looks blond by the light.
Oct 25, 2012 4:40 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

going on a date with Mahiro while I am pretty sure she was with Yoshino at the same time during that date.

If you don't want to read the spoiler, don't read it. /dislikes it when people complain afterwards.

I love their background stories. Is it wrong for me to ship Mahiro and Yoshino in a platonic/unplatonic way? Forgive the fujoshi. =.=;; I ship Yoshino and Aika/Hakaze too though They were so awesome back then. And they still are. So there's more action in next week's episode. :D
LaciieOct 25, 2012 4:48 PM
Oct 25, 2012 4:48 PM

Oct 2010
Kurogashi said:
Yumekichi11 said:
she still really was slutty in the spoiler... going on a date with Mahiro while I am pretty sure she was with Yoshino at the same time during that date.

What. The. Fuck. They're brother and sister. Too much incestual anime for you.
But she shows a love interest for him while being with another guy. Surely that is slutty at least.
UtsukushiiYume said:
Yumekichi11 said:

If you don't want to read the spoiler, don't read it. /dislikes it when people complain afterwards.

I love their background stories. Is it wrong for me to ship Mahiro and Yoshino in a platonic/unplatonic way? Forgive the fujoshi. =.=;; I ship Yoshino and Aika/Hakaze too though They were so awesome back then. And they still are. So there's more action in next week's episode. :D
Yeah exactly you said and this all can certainly escalate further than just the cuddling alone. I think it might have.

Oct 25, 2012 4:54 PM

Sep 2012
I really like the interactions between Mahiro and Yoshino, the backstory was a bit stupid though.
Oct 25, 2012 5:11 PM

Dec 2009
I'm loving this series more an more by the episode. Usually flashback episodes that talk about the characters history tend to be really boring but this was pretty enjoyable, can't wait till next week episode.
Oct 25, 2012 5:12 PM

Apr 2011
The music is epic and glorious
Oct 25, 2012 5:18 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
But she shows a love interest for him while being with another guy. Surely that is slutty at least.

Not when you have bigger reasons to do it

But okay, lets see what happens, they´re changing everything in the anime, so her character might really be a slut in the anime who knows. I like badass sluts so I wont mind much. in the manga she was fucking amazing, that´s all I have to say. Saying more would be a major spoiler.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 25, 2012 5:40 PM

Apr 2012
Hmm, does this episode happen in the manga or is this a Bones original? I'm not reading the manga because I don't want to constantly compare between the two.
Also, it's a pretty subtle episode, very much needed at this point after three weeks of non-stop action. The dialogue is witty, the humor hits the right spot, and the character dynamic is rather rich. There is more and more intrigue building up each week.
5/5, loved it from beginning to end, we have ourselves a show with a lot of potential.
Oct 25, 2012 5:47 PM

Oct 2010
Orulyon said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Not when you have bigger reasons to do it

But okay, lets see what happens, they´re changing everything in the anime, so her character might really be a slut in the anime who knows. I like badass sluts so I wont mind much. in the manga she was fucking amazing, that´s all I have to say. Saying more would be a major spoiler.
Fine and I myself wish to see the reasoning behind her alluding love yet not in the kind of way I perceive of so far as of this episode.

Oct 25, 2012 5:53 PM
Sep 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
Yumekichi11 said:

In fact, I have to give a different answer.

PD: Every time I see the last image, I am more certain that the guy is Yoshino.
Konja6Oct 25, 2012 5:58 PM
Oct 25, 2012 5:54 PM

Jan 2009
bromance episode but looks like action pack episode next week though
Oct 25, 2012 6:12 PM

Nov 2007
LOL~ because of that teacher and calmingly finding out the criminal, they are friends now. lol @ making a writing for it with small thing.

And Uchiyama-san's character still not good at eating celeries.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 25, 2012 6:46 PM
Sep 2012
Nice change of pace with a touching backstory of Mahiro and Yoshino. Interesting to see how they became friends after not really wanting to be with each other.

LOL @ at the fanservice. The female otakus must sure be happy right now.
Oct 25, 2012 6:58 PM

Jan 2010
Konja6 said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Yumekichi11 said:

MAL - Aika Character description page :

Who came up with that conclusion?

@Konja6
MatheineOct 25, 2012 7:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2012 7:28 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty solemn past ..
Oct 25, 2012 8:00 PM

Aug 2011
Konja6 said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Yeah I guess that's kind of what I meant. In the manga, the Mahiro's actions seem to imply it, or he's a siscon. And same thing for Aika, or she's a brocon. I want to ship Aika x Yoshino though. U.U
Oct 25, 2012 8:03 PM

Oct 2012
Does anyone know if this is gonna be one of those retarded two season or short series? if it is i'm dropping it immediately. I still can't get over Guilty Crown lol.
Oct 25, 2012 8:13 PM

Jul 2012
Nice little back story about the two. Their relationship is still very unusual with all that said still.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 25, 2012 9:25 PM

Aug 2012
A great episode as always.

Just read the above discussions and it piqued my curiosity so I ended up reading some major spoilers; But I don't think it spoiled the anime for me cause after reading them I think I will be glued to this anime for a long time.
Oct 25, 2012 9:46 PM

Feb 2010
Raphow said:
fanservice episode for the female audience, imo

w00t.

This show has gotten less pretentious... loved the back story.
Oct 25, 2012 9:57 PM

Dec 2010
nice backstory. preview of next ep looks promising!
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 25, 2012 10:11 PM

Aug 2011
This anime just raises more and more questions. Hopefully they will be answered soon. I like the mysterious tone though.
Oct 25, 2012 10:45 PM

Oct 2012
At least I didn't go yawning through the whole episode this time. The only character I'm interested in right now is Aika.
Oct 25, 2012 11:40 PM

Apr 2011
DAT fanservice XD

Nice backstory.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.