Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2012 1:52 PM

Dec 2010
vomitchan said:
I liked this alot more than I thought I would.
I'm finding myself liking all the characters! Except Mashiro. She's just too autistic, and not in a nice way.
Really liking the art style.

Not all characters can be energetic like Misaki, there has to be variety.
Oct 9, 2012 2:02 PM

May 2011
Yerld said:
leokiko said:
Great watch, clearly J.C Staff invested more on this than on LB!

J.C. Staff doesn't have a stake in this show, so it's unlikely that they would spend more than they need to. Simply put, the investing companies were more generous with the budget than the ones behind Little Busters.

But then again, that isn't too surprising either. Sakurasou is backed by a consortium of giants: Media Factory, Ascii Media Works, Genco, Animax Broadcast Japan, Sony Music Communications, MBS.....

I'm not exactly sure who makes up the LB committee, but judging by the scant list of producers on staff, only Warner Bros. and (to a much lesser extent) Bushiroad would qualify as notable investors.

Thank you very much for this post, it has been really informative. I never would have guessed this series had so much going into it, but at least now I don't feel that J.C. is to blame for the difference in spending. I thought they just decided on their own to spend more on this than they did on LB (which is something I felt was kinda weird anyways).
Oct 9, 2012 2:22 PM
Aug 2011
When I saw this was 24 episodes, my happiness doubled since I thought it would be 12.

Great start, the introduction of the characters were awesome.

5/5
Oct 9, 2012 2:32 PM

Sep 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
When I saw this was 24 episodes, my happiness doubled since I thought it would be 12.

Is it? I didn't know of that. At least makes up for an interesting show. I expect Little Busters to be two seasons long as well, concerning the financial side that was discussed earlier I'm not sure if we should be happy about that.
Oct 9, 2012 2:49 PM

Jan 2011
I pegged this down for being a bit meh, but it turned out surprisingly well. The director did a fantastic job with this, though I wasn't sure how well she'd be able to pull it off, since she's pretty inexperienced, but she certainly showed promise when doing Aoi Bungaku.

I think it's kinda interesting comparing this to LB!, because clearly this is the one with the better director, but LB! has the better source material behind it. I'm curious what would be the case if the two had been working on each others' project instead.
Oct 9, 2012 3:04 PM

Jun 2010
Yerld said:
leokiko said:

J.C. Staff doesn't have a stake in this show, so it's unlikely that they would spend more than they need to. Simply put, the investing companies were more generous with the budget than the ones behind Little Busters.

But then again, that isn't too surprising either. Sakurasou is backed by a consortium of giants: Media Factory, Ascii Media Works, Genco, Animax Broadcast Japan, Sony Music Communications, MBS.....

I'm not exactly sure who makes up the LB committee, but judging by the scant list of producers on staff, only Warner Bros. and (to a much lesser extent) Bushiroad would qualify as notable investors.

Now makes sense.
Oct 9, 2012 3:38 PM

Jul 2012
This anime started off great! I read the first few chapters of this and got totally hooked. When I heard an anime was being made for this, it just made me even happier. Sorata seeing Shiina naked was probably my favorite scene. Jin was right, she had more boobs than people expected. The ending or opening video at the end was awesome too. The music and animation was superb. What was up with that panties fluoroscope? LOL, well this seems to be a promising season of anime. This anime is pretty promising as well.
Oct 9, 2012 4:34 PM

Sep 2012
Good start. I liked the character descriptions. Looking forward to next episode.
Oct 9, 2012 4:40 PM
Oct 2010
24 eps. bitchin

damn this is awesome.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 9, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2012
I now know what anime is going to be my favorite this fall 2012 season. Mashiro(Shiina) is so cute :D.
Oct 9, 2012 5:23 PM

Jan 2012
I can't not hear Kirito-kun.
Oct 9, 2012 5:26 PM

May 2012
That was crazy cute ;A;
I really liked how it was prev-y, yet not to the point of awkward, or overblown ^^;
Oct 9, 2012 7:37 PM

Nov 2008
It's a bit better than what I had expected based on reviews during the fall previews from various blogs.

I think that this might be one of my favorites this season.
Oct 9, 2012 8:08 PM

Feb 2009
Good direction + visuals, this looks MUCH better than LB!

I didn't expect this to be good, but this was quite nice. The main girl is so cute, I'd watch just for her <3 Hope the romance actually goes somewhere. I've got my hopes up since it's two cours. Will drop if it's just shenanigans.

Also I can't stop hearing Kirito x Inori with those voices.
Oct 9, 2012 8:12 PM

Aug 2012
There were a lot of funny/cute moments and i was entertained throughout. The characters are great so far and the plot, well we'll see about that. Looking forward to the next episode :)
Oct 9, 2012 8:29 PM

Jan 2010
Why does this get all the budget and Little Busters gets the shit end of the stick?

JC Staff works in mysterious ways I guess.
Ok™
Oct 9, 2012 8:32 PM

Jan 2012
I love the character design. It's the same as Yumekui Merry :D
Oct 9, 2012 8:35 PM

Jan 2012
I think it will be a cute funny anime.
I didn't LOVE it, but I liked it.

I'll def. be watching it.
Oct 9, 2012 8:50 PM
Sep 2012
It was okay. The scene with a naked Mashiro was funny though. That girl is cute along with Aoyama. Love triangle anyone? Lol

Is it me or does that Misaki girl (the one who slept on the guy's bed) sound like Kana Asumi?
IconicOct 9, 2012 8:55 PM
Oct 9, 2012 8:54 PM

Sep 2012
oh I just love these crazy romance comedy anime. what make this better? it'll last for 2 seasons! :3

though it's kinda sad to know that Nanami won't get the guy.. she's pretty good! hope she's able to put up a fight. :)
Oct 9, 2012 9:42 PM

Mar 2012
McRib said:
Why does this get all the budget and Little Busters gets the shit end of the stick?

JC Staff works in mysterious ways I guess.

Someone offered a reasonable explanation a page or two back, if you care to look.

Also, never change your avatar. It always brings a smile to my face.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 9, 2012 9:50 PM

Nov 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
Aversa said:
totoum said:
IZEROII said:
Perhaps it would be more appropriate to say it is "surprising" that it seems less effort went into animating LB? I think it just surprises people given the expectations and popularity of Key adapted anime.

Sakurasou has a really talented person directing it (she's a madhouse employee "on loan" to JC staff just for this anime) who can make the show seem to have a bigger budget than it actually does thanks to some good directing.

Looks like she brought over other people from madhouse as well,Madhouse co founder Rintarou storyborded the ED
Having a bigger budget doesn't necessarily make for a better Anime.
Having the right people is also importuned some people can create miracles with a little budget it comes down to how good they are how inventive they are and whether there good at improvising.
And the art here does look like that of Madhouse which makes me wonder whats JC Staffs roll in this.

The Madhouse detail is interesting in all of this, it would explain a lot of why the art is better here than LB! but I still think its safe to say LB! got a lesser budget which while it makes me feel bad LB! it should have zero affect on how people view Sakurasou, LB! hardcore fans hating on this series for that reason would be lame, because in the end they are separate series so they should be judged for their separate content.

LB! budget didn't get lesser than Sakurasou, the reason why they had madhouse involved in was that most of their man powers were working on LB!

Just look at the art comparison: (post #613)
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=500829&show=600#msg17596513

Good directing made better use of little budget. And with the hype for LB!, even the smallest detail is dig out to be criticized. Meanwhile, we didn't expect Sakurasou was this good. But to me the show is nothing more than an ecchi rom-com show.
Takana_no_HanaOct 9, 2012 10:26 PM
Oct 9, 2012 9:51 PM

Jan 2011
The emotion-less trying to be moe chick just is so meh for me. Its like been there, done that. What stands out for me is the rest of the characters, and really brings out the potential for this series. The MC isn't bad himself....
Oct 9, 2012 10:10 PM

Jul 2012
Well, it was interesting. I almost said that it looks better than LB but... like some others said it LB does look better. Will watch this one though.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 9, 2012 10:37 PM

Oct 2012
J.C Staff really made my day
just finished watching the first episode and...WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW so much epic scene in just first 5 minutes! and yeah, prefer this one than LB which is disappointing
Oct 9, 2012 11:03 PM

Jul 2011
So much funny! First episode 5/5
Oct 9, 2012 11:06 PM

Nov 2009
deathxempress said:
Yerld said:
leokiko said:

Now makes sense.

speaks truth
Oct 9, 2012 11:17 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode :D
I had high hopes for this series and it didn't disappointed me.

The blurry light feel over the entire episode is kinda annoying though~

J.C. Staff, good job. Now, please be consistent and don't ruin it.
Oct 9, 2012 11:24 PM
Mar 2010
I'm gonna get killed for this but I enjoyed this more than LB! DX Still, I'm sure LB's next episodes will be much better.

Anyway, I have mixed reactions. The fanservice irked me a bit while some things like Mashiro asking what color Kanda likes. Another thing which made me go 'this could be interesting' is how in the manga she drew, there were no conflicts. Could that give some character development later on?

This show has potential with its characters. If things are done in the right way, this could be the next PapaKiki in the way of plot and character building.

Of course, it could have no development whatsoever and only fanservice too. I'm not saying its bad, but it would be nice if there was some character development too.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 9, 2012 11:31 PM

Feb 2012
phoenixalia said:
I'm gonna get killed for this but I enjoyed this more than LB! DX Still, I'm sure LB's next episodes will be much better.

Anyway, I have mixed reactions. The fanservice irked me a bit while some things like Mashiro asking what color Kanda likes. Another thing which made me go 'this could be interesting' is how in the manga she drew, there were no conflicts. Could that give some character development later on?

This show has potential with its characters. If things are done in the right way, this could be the next PapaKiki in the way of plot and character building.

Of course, it could have no development whatsoever and only fanservice too. I'm not saying its bad, but it would be nice if there was some character development too.

24 episodes allocated for this series. We might expect some.
Oct 9, 2012 11:35 PM

Oct 2010
HauntingShock said:
phoenixalia said:

24 episodes allocated for this series. We might expect some.
IMO the quality will be jumpy all over the place for a optimal balance, which I am sure is bound not to happen too well. Reason being stress in general.

That being said, I hope it won't be bad the quality deviations that may occur.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 9, 2012 11:36 PM

May 2012
Nice and interesting.. i wonder what is wrong with the girl...
Oct 9, 2012 11:42 PM

Aug 2012
It was really amusing. :)
and it has nice animation too, as expected of J.C. staff.
But I can't help laughing imagining Kirito's voice sounding like that. lol
Oct 9, 2012 11:49 PM

Aug 2011
Mashiro is really cute. Minorin v2 is also cute. They're all cute. and weird. but cute <3

Didn't know what to expect but it looks like this will be one of the series I follow all the way through to the end.
Oct 10, 2012 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
This anime sure did get my attention,bit weird but funny.
Oct 10, 2012 5:28 AM

Oct 2008
Wasn't really impressed.

I have no idea were 24 episodes of content are going to come from this cast and scenario.
Oct 10, 2012 5:35 AM

Sep 2011
Nipsirc said:
Wasn't really impressed.

I have no idea were 24 episodes of content are going to come from this cast and scenario.

Same goes for Toradora. When I saw the first Episodes I was "Eh Probably 13 episodes."
Note I never read any of the Light Nove, so I never knew about the story.
Oct 10, 2012 6:24 AM

Jun 2011
Nipsirc said:
Wasn't really impressed.

It is an adaptation of a light novel series that has 10 novels out so far so that is more than enough for a 24 ep series and the novels are not done yet either.

Toradora also had 10 novels when it was adapted but it was a completed series, JC covered them till the ending in the 24 episodes. Though they probably cut things here and there since 10 novels is quite alot for 24 eps, though i have not read them yet so i can not be sure.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 10, 2012 7:50 AM

Nov 2009
Still, it is one of the best adaptation J.C staffs has ever made ...
Oct 10, 2012 7:52 AM

Oct 2012
I thought it was cute. Can't wait for the next episode to come out ><
Oct 10, 2012 9:56 AM

Jun 2009
errr...

3 episodes rule... 3 episodes...

I'm at a lost... On one hand, I wish this is good.

On another, I wish this suck I can drop it, cuz I'm already watching 10 airing show atm... This season have been promising.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2012 10:17 AM

Mar 2012
Toradora! shouldn't have been that long though... 18-19 eps would have been much better.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 10, 2012 10:20 AM

Dec 2009
Can't believe this is actually going to have 24 episodes.. It's so 13-episodes-like.
Oct 10, 2012 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
Nice episode
Characters are funny.
Oct 10, 2012 10:58 AM

Aug 2012
Cute as fuck. Looking forward to next week's episode.
Oct 10, 2012 3:17 PM

Apr 2011
Kanda has acquired a new pet cat and she's cute as fuck!
Oct 10, 2012 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
Why is this not labelled as Ecchi? :|
-1 for the fanservice. =.=

3/5 for this episode overall.

The VAs! Whoa. Sakurai Takahiro HNNNG <3 Kirito as the main lead. lol
Oh and it's Mayaka, Menma, Mei. All in the main girl lead. Wow.

Wow, it kind of feels like Clannad and Hyouka. Loving the animation but not cut out in total.

Sticking this in my Hold list for the future. I'm following too many fall animes. :P
Oct 10, 2012 9:08 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, that was just... weird. Also I like how half the comments in this thread is "this has a bigger budget than Little Busters."
Oct 11, 2012 6:45 AM

Jun 2010
leokiko said:

Yeah. Noticed that too. At first look, it doesn't even look like a J.C Staff production. The art was 100000000000/10. The animation quality was also awesome. So this will have a 24 episodes huh. Looks really promising. At first I thought this is just a normal rom com ecchi Anime but I was wrong! Looks like the plot will be interesting. I seriously can't wait for the character developments.

Very good episode overall. Totally enjoyed it.
Oct 11, 2012 8:28 AM

May 2010
How did i omost skip this? went in to this thinking that is was just the run of the mill type of show and it turn out to be really good, especially the character, love the fact that they're all wacky in one way or the other.

will keep an eye on this for now.

Shiina is just to GOOD!!!!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.