Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2012 5:11 PM

Feb 2012
I was wonder if that is were a lot of the hype came. When I read the plot of the series it didn't seem to interesting but, people kept saying it would be great. After watching the first episodes I can't say it was that interesting at all. Why did people say it was good? Or rather does a solid and, interesting plot build up or is it just slice of life / fun school kids type deal?

I know only the first episode is out but, I doubt I'll keep watching it if it's like this... I want to see if it's worth continuing over all
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 6, 2012 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
Just relax, I wouldn't expect Clannad/AS was great due to its highschool life setting like many others out there. Basically they need time to show what they really have.
Oct 6, 2012 5:16 PM

Feb 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Just relax, I wouldn't expect Clannad/AS was great due to its highschool life setting, and like many others out there.

Your right but, clannad was also something I didn't watch until my friend told me about the later portion of the plot. So I knew it was worth watching. I can't say i'm into slice of life series to much.
Oct 6, 2012 5:26 PM

Aug 2011
There is a plot that comes, said plot was heavily foreshadowed in the first episode. I even picked up a few spoilers just watching that first episode.
Oct 6, 2012 5:50 PM

Feb 2012
mitch3315 said:
There is a plot that comes, said plot was heavily foreshadowed in the first episode. I even picked up a few spoilers just watching that first episode.

I didn't notice anything particularly that could be considered plot pential points. If you don't mind can you post them?
Oct 6, 2012 5:51 PM

Apr 2009
I will watch it, but I don't get the hype either.
Oct 6, 2012 5:58 PM

Aug 2011
MidnightPride said:
mitch3315 said:

I didn't notice anything particularly that could be considered plot pential points. If you don't mind can you post them?

You would only notice them if you had played the VN, or had been spoiled about everything that happens already.
Spoiler tagging them so no one can complain
Oct 6, 2012 6:10 PM
Jul 2010
Midnight, I'll say the same thing about this as your friend did about Clannad: there's a bit of buildup, and then it goes into heavy drama, much like Clannad did with After Story. I'd say it may even be better than After Story - and I don't say that lightly. Of course, though, it depends on how J.C. Staff handles this adaption.
Oct 6, 2012 6:41 PM

Sep 2012
Well, did you read Refrain?
Oct 6, 2012 6:41 PM

Aug 2011
I haven't played the VN yet, but everyone's been saying that it's really good, so I want to play it too.

Also, everything and I mean, EVERYTHING Maeda Jun writes is godly. I respect him so much, and I trust that Little Busters! will be as amazing as Angel Beats, Clannad/AS, Air, and Kanon. His stuff is always wonderful because they give you time to understand and put yourself in the characters' shoes, and his settings feel as if you're there. It's a little hard for me to explain, but that's how I felt while watching his works. He's really amazing, just be patient and watch.

Also, I have a question, I'm curious so no flaming. Why do so many people think that JC Staff is so incapable? I think they handled their adaption of Bakuman very well, and stuff. Like I said, I'm just curious.
Oct 6, 2012 6:49 PM

Feb 2008
@UtsukushiiYume
Look at their novel adaptations.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 6, 2012 6:52 PM

Aug 2011
ZetaZaku said:
@UtsukushiiYume
Look at their novel adaptations.

Oh. I understand now.
Oct 6, 2012 6:56 PM

Feb 2012
Isn't J.C. Staff the people who are doing the new Hayate Butler season? I also heard they do a amazing job at making terrible novel adapts. but, I heard they were good with VNs
Oct 6, 2012 7:03 PM

Aug 2011
MidnightPride said:
Isn't J.C. Staff the people who are doing the new Hayate Butler season? I also heard they do a amazing job at making terrible novel adapts. but, I heard they were good with VNs

I sincerely hope they will do a good job with Little Busters! but their adaptation of Arcana Famiglia, tbh, was horrible. Okay, maybe not. It was okay, but I expected more since the original otome game/VN was absolutely amazing.
Oct 6, 2012 7:21 PM
Apr 2011
@UtsukukushiiYume
Not that I'm saying JC Staff is good or anything, but the way the VN was written makes Little Busters! really hard to adapt anyways.

@MidnightPride
All of Key works start out with comedy before moving onto drama (look at Clannad). Have patience.
Oct 6, 2012 7:24 PM

Sep 2011
im waiting till its finished to start this, i just do not trust JC staff

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 6, 2012 7:26 PM

May 2011
mitch3315 said:
MidnightPride said:
mitch3315 said:

You would only notice them if you had played the VN, or had been spoiled about everything that happens already.

It may seem that way, but I can't really see it spoiling the anime only viewers.

MidnightPride said:

Manglobe is doing the new season, J.C. Staff did the last one. For some reason Hayate always has a different producer for each new series lol.

And ya, J.C. may be hit and miss, but they have made some pretty solid adaptions in the past, favorite being Toradora. I'm glad they're on their game for this adaption, this looks like it will be my new favorite J.C. anime. ^^
-Kenshin-Oct 6, 2012 7:30 PM
Oct 6, 2012 8:47 PM
Dec 2007
^The scene he mentioned and the Lyrics of the OP song are what you call "foreshadowing". But the whole VN had foreshadowing in spades through the whole thing but unless you were really on the ball you'd likely wouldn't jump from those clues to the actual events.

I mean, who in their right mind would...

So, be it in the anime or the VN, you really aren't supposed to get it. It really won't start to become obvious until the Mio and Kurugaya routes which is why, though there's no particular route order, it really is better to tackle Komari's and Haruka's routes first (after Rin 1 anyway) and end with Mio's and Kurugaya's.
Leon-GunOct 6, 2012 8:51 PM

Oct 6, 2012 10:12 PM
Jun 2008
I don't think it is just the visual novel that is causing the hype. Some people are more familiar with the Manga and I've had people suggesting I read the Manga long before this Anime adaptation of the VS came out.
Oct 6, 2012 10:29 PM

Sep 2011
Yemi_Hikari said:
I don't think it is just the visual novel that is causing the hype. Some people are more familiar with the Manga and I've had people suggesting I read the Manga long before this Anime adaptation of the VS came out.

But LB manga wasn't really became popular to begin with or it's just overshadowed by the VN.

Oct 6, 2012 10:30 PM

Jun 2012
As everyone else said, the story is amazing. As almost no one on here apparently knows judging from the episode 1 discussion, the first part of the stories from Key always build up characters before the drama unfolds in the second part (like with Clannad).

It's like people are expecting a bunch of sad shit to happen right in the first episode. We've got a long way to go. I can't wait til people get bored and leave so the people who know what happens can stay here and talk about how great it is (unless JC screws it up towards the end, which they do a lot).
Oct 6, 2012 11:06 PM

Oct 2009
MidnightPride said:
I was wonder if that is were a lot of the hype came. When I read the plot of the series it didn't seem to interesting but, people kept saying it would be great. After watching the first episodes I can't say it was that interesting at all. Why did people say it was good? Or rather does a solid and, interesting plot build up or is it just slice of life / fun school kids type deal?

I know only the first episode is out but, I doubt I'll keep watching it if it's like this... I want to see if it's worth continuing over all

Are you new to Key works? you don't really expect a mind fck moment or a mood whiplash the first episodes right?

What makes this story amazing is
1. the character DEVELOPMENT <takes at least 5 episodes right? or I'm guessing more>
2. the PLOT <which you can't really judge until you saw it UNTIL THE END>
Oct 6, 2012 11:24 PM

Sep 2010
if you look only at episode one and nothing else you will see different things that people who know the story.
As I was watching it I had huge smile on my face as it was going according to the story I know and love. What I wanted from this anime wasn't something new but the story that I love and readed many times.
I even gave it 10/10 which is unthinkable to any other anime. Because if it goes like that it will deserve it :)
Oct 7, 2012 12:04 AM

Jan 2010
Iniser said:
@UtsukukushiiYume
Not that I'm saying JC Staff is good or anything, but the way the VN was written makes Little Busters! really hard to adapt anyways.

Yea, I was amazed how JC Staff was able to animate the fight sequence especially the scene with Sasami and Rin fighting.
Oct 7, 2012 12:47 AM

Sep 2012
0_0 Guess this just isn't the kind of anime that would 'wow' someone new to the series in an episode.

>.> watch on to see if you profit. drop it to gain nothing but time (but you don't lose anything either)
Oct 7, 2012 1:13 AM

Sep 2008
Key's stories bring out the big guns pretty late. Every single time.
Oct 7, 2012 1:26 AM

Jun 2010
Littlle Busters were nakige after all.

"It's explained in wikipedia article about KEY like this:
The developers at Tactics created a simple formula for a game: a comedic first half with a heart-warming romantic middle followed by a tragic separation and finally an emotional reunion formed what is known as a "crying game". The main purpose of such a game is to make the player feel for the characters and make them cry due to emotional scenarios which serves to leave a bigger impact on the player after the game is over."
LOL
Oct 7, 2012 7:03 AM

Dec 2011
When Kyousuke says
Does that have some sort of deeper meaning?
Oct 7, 2012 7:07 AM

Sep 2011
Tr1ckR said:
When Kyousuke says

It's not that it has a deep meaning. It's just they know from the start that they can't be together forever once they become adults and finding a job so as if he's wishing for the impossible.

Oct 7, 2012 7:22 AM

May 2008
Sa-chan_ said:
Tr1ckR said:
When Kyousuke says

It's not that it has a deep meaning. It's just they know from the start that they can't be together forever once they become adults and finding a job so as if he's wishing for the impossible.

Not only that, but you have to read "Refrain" to actually get the whole meaning.
Oct 7, 2012 7:34 AM

Sep 2011
Keita00 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Tr1ckR said:
When Kyousuke says

Not only that, but you have to read "Refrain" to actually get the whole meaning.

I already played Refrain and I know what are you trying to say.

But I believe not only Masato and Kengo were surprised. Riki also. That's why I didn't explain the little information about Refrain.

Oct 7, 2012 7:34 AM

Dec 2011
ahh ok, ive only read the VN up to the baseball match and though it might have something to do with what goes on later in the story.
Oct 7, 2012 7:57 AM
Aug 2007
Sa-chan_ said:
Keita00 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Tr1ckR said:
When Kyousuke says

I already played Refrain and I know what are you trying to say.

But I believe not only Masato and Kengo were surprised. Riki also. That's why I didn't explain the little information about Refrain.

I think Riki's reaction is different from Masato's and Kengo's, slightly. Riki's sort of a revelation/surprise look whereas I thought Masato's and Kengo's are thinking of different things. Maybe it's reading too much into it having played Refrain but in my opinion there's some part of their expressions that make me think Masato and Kengo aren't making those looks for the same reason Riki is.
Oct 7, 2012 8:39 AM

Nov 2009
Okay, so I've watched a playthrough/played the VN up to the part with the caterpillars in the tree, so I haven't gotten that far. But I have spoiled myself silly and know the general idea of the girls' routes and refrain.

Everyone is talking about Kengo and Masato's reaction being different from Riki's so I have a question...

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Oct 7, 2012 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
Amutofan123 said:
Okay, so I've watched a playthrough/played the VN up to the part with the caterpillars in the tree, so I haven't gotten that far. But I have spoiled myself silly and know the general idea of the girls' routes and refrain.

Everyone is talking about Kengo and Masato's reaction being different from Riki's so I have a question...

Simple answer:

Oct 7, 2012 9:15 AM

Nov 2009
Sa-chan_ said:
Amutofan123 said:

Simple answer:

SERIOUSLY? I thought it was just Kyousuke.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Oct 7, 2012 9:25 AM
Aug 2007
Amutofan123 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Amutofan123 said:

Simple answer:

Oct 7, 2012 9:52 AM

Sep 2011
It gets praised as a masterpiece and has alot of hype surrounding it I'd say mainly because of the Refrain route in the visual novel.

Sure, the common route and Rin2 are great and alot of people love the side routes even if they're not all that amazing, but Refrain is what takes it from good to great/masterpiece level, imo.It's the real gold of the VN(and hopefully the anime, if they don't try to rush it) where the main plot unfolds brilliantly and all the heavier drama and tear jerker moments are had.Think of it as the After Story to Clannad's first season quality wise.
Oct 7, 2012 10:28 AM

Jun 2012
Amutofan123 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Amutofan123 said:

Simple answer:

Oct 7, 2012 10:45 AM
Nov 2009
mitch3315 said:
MidnightPride said:
mitch3315 said:

Well, there's also
Oct 7, 2012 1:17 PM
Dec 2007
ClannadIsLove said:
Amutofan123 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Amutofan123 said:

Simple answer:

Oct 7, 2012 6:52 PM

Jun 2012
Leon-Gun said:
ClannadIsLove said:
Amutofan123 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Amutofan123 said:

Simple answer:

So I don't get it,
Oct 7, 2012 7:07 PM

Sep 2011
ClannadIsLove said:

ClannadIsLove said:

ClannadIsLove said:

ClannadIsLove said:

Oct 7, 2012 8:35 PM
Dec 2011
Only one episode, need to see more to where this will coming
Oct 7, 2012 8:54 PM
Dec 2007
Sa-chan_ said:

ClannadIsLove said:

Oct 7, 2012 10:27 PM

Jan 2011
ClannadIsLove said:
So I don't get it,

Oct 7, 2012 10:38 PM

Jun 2012
dizzyworld2 said:
ClannadIsLove said:
So I don't get it,

I can't believe it took three people to get the correct answer... THANK YOU dizzyworld2. I've played through Refrain twice and made it clear I knew what happened. Dunno how/why Leon-Gun and Sa-chan responded like I haven't.

Now it's just even sadder.
Oct 7, 2012 11:09 PM
Dec 2007
I dunno, I thought that was pretty much implied...

I was just expanding on what Sa-chan mentioned.

Oct 8, 2012 9:29 PM

Jun 2012
Leon-Gun said:

You never specifically said

EDIT: Forget the above, I just realized this:
Malus92Oct 8, 2012 11:52 PM
Oct 9, 2012 1:59 AM

Sep 2012
ClannadIsLove said:
Leon-Gun said:

You never specifically said

EDIT: Forget the above, I just realized this:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.