Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2012 2:30 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New OP! Really nice new visuals on it : )

For the episode itself, it was decent. All of the creatures being themselves but in a baseball environment. Highlights were Panda falling asleep at the bat, Llama-san eating out at left field and Shirokuma's troll story plus him switching in all of the Squirrel moms against Grizzly-kun. Though Grizzly has to be put through so much crap because of Shirokuma, their friendship is still pretty great to watch.
Oct 4, 2012 8:13 AM

Aug 2011
The new OP was so cute! I didn't really like the format of this episode though.
Oct 4, 2012 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
I love the opening, and how they used the main jokes in it with the great visuals.The song is catchy too.
Oct 4, 2012 12:06 PM

Dec 2009
Definitely a great OP. But was I the only one who noticed the girl pulling her skirt up in the new ED? Even if it was done in a very PG way it still felt a bit wrong for a show like this.
Ara ara.
Oct 4, 2012 12:49 PM

Jul 2009
i just come here to tell,i HATE the new opening -.-
its all about sasako,so annoying the girls voice,like sasako singing >.<
i want back boku no invitation mamamamahalo now >.< (the only song i liked in this whole anime - expect shirokuma's rap)
i will definitely skip op all the time now -.-

@DD the whole end is not worth waitching it,actually i dont like any ed of sc.

ok so im dissapointed,where sc leads to. this ep was the worst - or second worst- still. 2 part of baseball?! -.- it had nice moments (like sleeping panda baseball,llama eating the field, penguins awesome pitch *.* i need a gif by that and so...)
but seriously.
but that jacu coffee was hilarious intermission xD that was the best by the whole.
Sango_chan_desuOct 4, 2012 2:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2012 2:24 PM

Aug 2008
I totally didn't expect a second OP :)
It's a good one.

Haha, animal baseball sure is hard to play XD
The cafe insert was random but funny.
Oct 4, 2012 4:49 PM

May 2011
I don't like the new opening song, but it was nice seeing some different shots, llama was a charmer. xD The game was amazing. I loved giraffe's bat holding, Penguin's method of batting, and Masaki's cheering crowd. Who were surprisingly useful! I beat Polar Bear could have totally hit Grizzly's pitch but just went with the wackier option.

With the interlude, I've heard of the civet coffee before, but I still recoil every time. D:
Oct 4, 2012 5:54 PM

Jul 2011
DoctorDoom said:
Definitely a great OP. But was I the only one who noticed the girl pulling her skirt up in the new ED? Even if it was done in a very PG way it still felt a bit wrong for a show like this.

I KNOW. I hate the ending. Why is it like pervy? :(
Wtf. Totally un-Shirokuma Café like. >:I

Opening is mediocre. I like the previous one better. This one is like a bad sounding opening for a romance anime. :/

Yay more wolf/lion/tiger. :D

Red panda is so adorable. :3
Oct 4, 2012 6:21 PM
Sep 2011
DoctorDoom said:

It's not her skirt. She's holding an umbrella.
Oct 4, 2012 7:36 PM

Nov 2008
With the new opening and the coffee edutainment section this felt like a Noitamina series - Moyashimon with animals instead of microbes...

The ending song didn't do anything for me at all.

The opening song would have been okay if it showed Sasako in a string bikini instead of bike riding.

I don't understand why comedy anime always try to do baseball episodes - they never work well.
Oct 4, 2012 8:46 PM

Feb 2011
Awww man, I really wanted to see Sasako-san playing too. =(

But still a great episode overall.
The giraffes building a pyramide and Shirokuma basically cheating totally cracked me up. That was hilarious.

Opening is "ok", I guess.
The refrain is kinda catchy with that engrish and I like more shots of Sasako-san. But the first opening was better imo.
The ending was superweird.

dbaranyi said:

I don't understand why comedy anime always try to do baseball episodes - they never work well.

Well, it's Japan. They LOVE Baseball. Hard.

And I don't see how this episode didn't "work well".
Oct 5, 2012 3:06 AM

Nov 2008
Kuchenlight said:
Awww man, I really wanted to see Sasako-san playing too. =(

But still a great episode overall.
The giraffes building a pyramide and Shirokuma basically cheating totally cracked me up. That was hilarious.

Opening is "ok", I guess.
The refrain is kinda catchy with that engrish and I like more shots of Sasako-san. But the first opening was better imo.
The ending was superweird.

dbaranyi said:

Well, it's Japan. They LOVE Baseball. Hard.

And I don't see how this episode didn't "work well".

It was slow, the ending was telegraphed, the it wasn't funny.
Oct 6, 2012 9:08 PM
Aug 2011
I miss JP already. The new OP and the ED are meh.
The animation was bad. Especially in that short break where Masaki was talking about coffee beans.

Vaiyoretto said:
DoctorDoom said:

It's not her skirt. She's holding an umbrella.

Yea there's a girl with an umbrella but there's 2 pictures of skirts being pulled up. Look closely.
Oct 8, 2012 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
New opening? So there will be another 26 episodes?
Oct 11, 2012 2:48 PM
Oct 2012
I thought the episode was cute, it had some really funny moments. My favorite was when panda threw the baseball, but he threw it to Mr. Anteater at 1st base.
Oct 13, 2012 11:38 PM

Oct 2010
new op? new ed? feels like a new season! lol.

Polar Bear is clever. lolz! XD
Oct 25, 2012 3:41 PM

Jul 2012
Haven't seen this episode but I wanna comment on the OP and ED because they're new, desho?

ED - It's alright. I like the visuals! They are so unique! The song is alright, instrumentals wise. Voice is ehhh. XD

OP - Loving the visuals ofc and the music but the vocals are so...Un-professional? The mixing isn't all that great.

EDIT-
LMAO THIS EPISODE KILLED ME. Especially when Panda fell asleep. LOLOLOL
MayukaFeb 22, 2013 9:17 AM
Feb 24, 2013 2:01 AM
Feb 2013
hello everyone

does any1 know the lyrics for this opening ?????

plz plz if u know the English lyrics just tell me

i really want it as fast as u can

thank u all :)
Mar 13, 2013 12:01 PM

Sep 2011
Haha really great episode made laugh a lot! baseball part was awesome xD coffee break was ok with some interesting info o.O
I like the new op because it shows all the characters and the song is nice :)
I don't like too much the new end is panda mama singing?
Apr 7, 2013 5:02 PM

Nov 2011
Dat new OP song..I honestly liked the one before this. *sigh*

Pretty funny episode though.
Jun 15, 2013 6:35 AM

Mar 2010
One of the best baseball games I have watched.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 7, 2014 7:32 AM

May 2012
While I'm definitely not a fan of these sport episodes the new OP and ED sure were lovely! Let's see what's next.
May 21, 2015 3:08 AM

Mar 2015
Finally new 2nd opening! It's so great better than the 1st opening -.- how many times I've hear too much so annoying! LOL, anyways the coffee break time! hahahhah so funny too xD
Apr 28, 2017 3:51 PM

Oct 2015
I wonder, is Jacu coffee really a thing? I know about Kopi Luwak though.
Oct 10, 2017 11:01 PM

Jul 2009
Ooh, new OP and ED this week! :O I quite like the OP, I think it fits in quite well and it's so cute, and the ED is awesome too. Looks like most of the characters are gonna get their own song :D Episode was OK, informative bit about coffee, but I didn't like the baseball that much >_< Still I thought it was pretty awesome how Grizzly's customers call him "Master" XD Oh well, looks like next episode we get some Rin Rin! :3
Feb 7, 2018 2:52 AM

Feb 2017
Perhaps this was stressed by the new OP, but I felt that the show altered its overall presentation. This was the first time we got a "two parter" story (though both parts were shown in one episode). Also, I think the pacing and structure of the stories changed a bit. I'll have to see if this new exposition style holds up over the rest of the show.

And now for something completely different.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 10 Discussion

greenmush - Jun 7, 2012

27 by tingy »»
Mar 5, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 50 Discussion

HybridMBL - Mar 28, 2013

45 by nelcalb »»
Oct 27, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 7 Discussion

Eudaimonia - May 17, 2012

29 by tingy »»
Sep 27, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 5 Discussion

deex - May 3, 2012

29 by tingy »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 4 Discussion

gohdan - Jun 9, 2012

45 by tingy »»
Sep 24, 2023 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.