Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2012 1:30 PM
Sep 2012
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

So its unreasonable for characters to blend into a new form of reality? You make it seem like it happened right away; they have been stuck for two freaken years; i think its normal for their way of thinking to change.=

TO treat programs like that? yes it is.

I'm sure a lot of people are okay with them acting like that, but i'm not okay with it.
They have no reason to care about a bunch of data. How many years they have been stick in SAO doesen't matter, that data is still data, they aren't humans, they don't real emotions.

Yui sure as hell did at least develop a personality. I don't think the NPC thing is a valid thing to compare it to though and I don't think that's why Kirito said not to attack them, that's unrelated.

For some reason I really enjoyed this two-episode arc. This series has been okay enough to watch to me, but nothing too special. The novels are better, but also have their problems.
PipokoSep 22, 2012 2:17 PM
Sep 22, 2012 1:31 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

So its unreasonable for characters to blend into a new form of reality? You make it seem like it happened right away; they have been stuck for two freaken years; i think its normal for their way of thinking to change.=

TO treat programs like that? yes it is.

I'm sure a lot of people are okay with them acting like that, but i'm not okay with it.
They have no good reason to care about a bunch of data. How many years they have been stick in SAO doesen't matter, that data is still data, they aren't humans, they don't real emotions.

Well you being narrow minded isn't surprising; but i'll just say this; whether you like to admit it not; ways of thinking do change in scenarios like this; this applies to all things btw; even in real life; one can say whatever beforehand, when it actually happens is a different story; you can't predict such emotions.

That aside if people lose it enough to think that killing people is ok because its "just a game" don't you think the reverse of that is also possible; you can dislike it all you want but at least be reasonable in your understanding of it.
Sep 22, 2012 1:32 PM

Jul 2009
rederoin said:

I can perfectly grasp it, but I just think its stupid to treat bits of data in such a way.

Are negative opinions about SAO not allowed here or something?

PERFECTLY grasping the story and finding their behaviour stupid is an oxymoron.
Just saying.

Dec 2011
It would have been much better if they defeated the Scythe instead.
The GM messed it up! Err.

Cannot wait for the next arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 2010
Tsundereppoi said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
They are crying over a program?

I really hope the next few episodes are going to better than episode 11 & 12.

Its the same reason Kirito didn't want them to kill AIs as part of that boss strategy a while back;

Imo, that part was also pretty stupid.

Some people still can't grasp the essence of the story

I don't think they even want to grasp it either...
Sep 22, 2012 1:33 PM

Feb 2008
Do you really forgot that Kirito and Asuna is married?
They share the same inventory so it's possible for Asuna to keep Yui heart as well.
If they really divoice or something like that the items will probably belong to Kirito.
He even said that it was saved in his local Nerve Gear.

Some of you may be happy that Yui is gone, but you will see her a lot in ALO arc.
I just don't get how you can hate Yui cuteness. xD
It was fun with frogs meat thought haha :)

Too bad for Kirito that you can't eat the good foods LoL :)

Every day we see flaming in this thread, the page increased like 10 each days.

The GMs wouldn't die in that area even thought they put on that high level elite reaper, the elite monster was there to protect for others to get in there.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 22, 2012 1:34 PM

Dec 2010
Fiji said:
It would have been much better if they defeated the Scythe instead.

Considering how high leveled it was it wouldn't have been good for them to defeat it; if they did then people would really go saying that Kirito is OP; we don't need to add more fuel to their fire like that.
Sep 22, 2012 1:36 PM

Dec 2010
Blackbird said:

Its become so repetitive also; the things they didn't like last week they won't like this week or the week after; and then they complain as if they are shocked about it.
Sep 22, 2012 1:37 PM

May 2011
No not Yui :'(
Sep 22, 2012 1:42 PM

Mar 2011
Well atleast this episode was a bit more entretaining than the last one.

Anyway I cant wait for DranconisMarch´s reaction vid for this episode
Sep 22, 2012 1:42 PM

May 2010
Characters keep getting killed off before I can even have a chance to give a crap about them. It's as if the show is desperately trying to draw some kind of emotion out of me and failing miserably.
I'm tempted to drop this, but I still want to know how it ends. :/
Sep 22, 2012 1:43 PM

Dec 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
Blackbird said:

Its become so repetitive also; the things they didn't like last week they won't like this week or the week after; and then they complain as if they are shocked about it.

At the end of this arc I would like to see a compilation of the ad nauseam complaints we've had in the threads.

Anyways one of the main themes of SAO is what is the difference between Real Life and Virtual Life. Even if AI's are a bunch of Data, what makes them different if they start to emulate humans? On the other hand the true analysis of this theme is going to be explored way later on past this arc so it's no use discussing it anyways.
Sep 22, 2012 1:46 PM

Nov 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:
Watched it. Again didn't really care much about Yui but Kirito's random comments were fun. "She's in her rebellious stage" made me lulz. The frog leg scene was fun as well.

Strange, I might forgetting something but can someone remind me...

If i remember correctly

Yui's program has been saved in kirito's nerve gear, that's why he has it.
But he gave it to Asuna as a necklace in SAO.

This arc is not so bad, but I enjoy it more in the novel though. Everything was touching [in the novel].
Sep 22, 2012 1:48 PM

Dec 2010
NettoAzure said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Blackbird said:

At the end of this arc I would like to see a compilation of the ad nauseam complaints we've had in the threads.

Anyways one of the main themes of SAO is what is the difference between Real Life and Virtual Life. Even if AI's are a bunch of Data, what makes them different if they start to emulate humans? On the other hand the true analysis of this theme is going to be explored way later on past this arc so it's no use discussing it anyways.

People keep seeming to either ignore that point or simply dislike it; which makes no sense if they keep claiming to try to understand the show as all the trolls have done in defense of their negative comments.
Sep 22, 2012 1:54 PM

May 2012
i thought its only 12ep.. a bit slow ep ..

Sep 22, 2012 1:55 PM
Nov 2007
This arc did nothing for me and just felt like filler. People crying over AI? Really?
Sep 22, 2012 1:56 PM

Jul 2010
Sweet episode. I'm really gonna miss Yui :'(
Sep 22, 2012 1:56 PM

Nov 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
NettoAzure said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Blackbird said:

People keep seeming to either ignore that point or simply dislike it; which makes no sense if they keep claiming to try to understand the show as all the trolls have done in defense of their negative comments.

But still, the anime is far from it.
Sep 22, 2012 1:57 PM

Jul 2012
Well, this episodes logic was very similar to Matrix and actually liked that.
However, after the preview, i was expected more action but episode was sensation loaded. But i still loved this episode. i think the episode deserves at least 4/5 because fiction was good, musics was good, action scenes limited but acceptable and i still wonder what will happen to next episode. That's why i given 4/5. -if producers made more action based episode, i'll definitely give 5/5 but...

"you don't always get what you want" right?
Sep 22, 2012 2:00 PM

Dec 2010
Takana_no_Hana said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
NettoAzure said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Blackbird said:

But still, the anime is far from it.

The concept may be indeed further explored later but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist now; people just don't care to understand it is all.
Sep 22, 2012 2:00 PM

Oct 2011
Well.........Yui is (seemingly) gone...............FUCK.

To not seem like a blind hater,I'm gonna state to good of this episode first:
Yui,Art,Soundtrack & we're done with our honeymoon....Oh and the frog legs......nuff said.

Just to be clear,I do believe I am getting slightly annoyed with this series.And now it's time to start crying my problems with this episode:
Everything up until the last few minutes with Yui felt pointless as a blank sheet of paper.I have a feeling there may have been some foreshadowing earlier in the episode;but due to me not give a crap,I don't care.Well,Yui was being cute :)....but other that,I don't care -_-.
Now for the finally scene,this was ironically the best yet worst part of the episode.While I was tearing up,a bit,to the saddening scene of Yui saying her goodbyes,I wondering if I'm the only who notice how obviously unbelievable their relationship is.Ma & Pa just met Yui 2 days before yet acting like they lost a friend they knew for years?I know the cuteness of Yui is over 9,000 but it can't defy the logic of relationship building.......I think..........maybe it can......I don't know.
And Asuna......I still don't like her.Kirito is alright.

Yeah,I think that's it...........uh,how are you?
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 22, 2012 2:05 PM

Dec 2010
Jeddy017 said:
Well.........Yui is (seemingly) gone...............FUCK.

To not seem like a blind hater,I'm gonna state to good of this episode first:
Yui,Art,Soundtrack & we're done with our honeymoon....Oh and the frog legs......nuff said.

Just to be clear,I do believe I am getting slightly annoyed with this series.And now it's time to start crying my problems with this episode:
Everything up until the last few minutes with Yui felt pointless as a blank sheet of paper.I have a feeling there may have been some foreshadowing earlier in the episode;but due to me not give a crap,I don't care.Well,Yui was being cute :)....but other that,I don't care -_-.
Now for the finally scene,this was ironically the best yet worst part of the episode.While I was tearing up,a bit,to the saddening scene of Yui saying her goodbyes,I wondering if I'm the only who notice how obviously unbelievable their relationship is.Ma & Pa just met Yui 2 days before yet acting like they lost a friend they knew for years?I know the cuteness of Yui is over 9,000 but it can't defy the logic of relationship building.......I think..........maybe it can......I don't know.
And Asuna......I still don't like her.Kirito is alright.

Yeah,I think that's it...........uh,how are you?

Well to say they got caught up in the moment of a relationship that was short lived would indeed be correct; that i won't argue; but to people in that world bonds are important; and even if she was an AI she still looked like a little girl so its not that strange to think that they would take it harder based on that reasoning that said tho

Sep 22, 2012 2:18 PM

May 2011
This is one of those subforums i hate visiting because of so much flaming in there..cant we just agree to disagree or just completely ignore certain things..

anyway, after seeing this i am now really hoping yui is actually Kuroyukihime from accel world.
<center></center>
Sep 22, 2012 2:22 PM

Feb 2011
Emotional ep .. Also

MOE

Sep 22, 2012 2:26 PM

Mar 2011
The drama with yui at the end of the episode was so bad, forced and cliche it made me die of laughter.
Sep 22, 2012 2:28 PM
May 2012
God damn. This anime will kill me.
Sep 22, 2012 2:37 PM

Sep 2012
Man I really want to give it a 4 but that whole sequence at the end was so offbeat. I understand it was a sad moment but Asuna hit her cry dramatically cue at least 3 separate times.
Good episode. Less than mediocre ending.

Sep 22, 2012 2:43 PM

May 2009
Only thing I cared for in this episode was the e.guitar solo that played during the battle.
Sep 22, 2012 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
Yui: Ergo. Vis a vis. Concordantly.
Sep 22, 2012 2:48 PM
Mar 2008
This episode's drama was almost comical.
LunaSep 22, 2012 11:09 PM
Sep 22, 2012 2:54 PM

Dec 2011
mystik said:
This was by far the worst episode yet.

Boring. Trash. Sigh.

Pointless side story that was very predictable. Yeah I mean who didn't see Yui being some AI program coming? Really?

I really couldn't have cared less about Yui the boring loli program.

Not to mention why is Asuna straight up crying and so emotional about an AI PROGRAM they spent so little time with? People died right in front of them, and they didn't give that kind of reaction.

Hopefully the next episode goes back on track, because this episode was awful.

My exact thoughts, really overreacting at that moment.
Sep 22, 2012 2:58 PM

Jul 2012
I nearly cried for the 2nd time since reading and watching Yui's deletion. Good thing Kirito is brain smart with computers. Now Yui can live on forever and she
Great episode and Yui is just too cute!!
Sep 22, 2012 3:01 PM

Jul 2012
MOE MOE MOE MOE MOE

I'm full of tears :)!
O'Hai :D
Sep 22, 2012 3:01 PM

Sep 2012
The episode was okay, not really a suprise that Yui was a AI Program and the action was pretty basic. Only thing that made this episode special was that i learned that Kirito is a member of anonymous.
Sep 22, 2012 3:02 PM

Jun 2009
Boring episode........
but i guess its kind of important? to explain who yui was.
but yeah at least we know its almsot the end!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Sep 22, 2012 3:04 PM

Apr 2011
Anyone find it funny that Kirito was a master hacker and could understood "The Matrix" writing with such ease?

I would of prefer Yui disappear and transform to that small crystal...

Can't wait for the next episode! I wanna see that army bastard be taken down! NO TAXES!
Sep 22, 2012 3:05 PM

Sep 2008
So Kirito and Asuna had an unobstructed access to a saferoom 5 metres away, where they could simply have teleported. A very basic and fatal 'movie mistake'.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Sep 22, 2012 3:05 PM
Jul 2012
UnbornMVs said:
Emotional ep .. Also

MOE
You think this image is MOE? You've gotta be shittin' me!
I'm sorry my brother but you sounds like an otaku with no life who always fapping over hentai loli images in his HDD. Get a girlfriend or rather a pillow.

This episode is GREAT! So sad ;w; better than Air, sadder than Clannad ~After Story~.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Sep 22, 2012 3:09 PM

Dec 2010
vansonbee said:
Anyone find it funny that Kirito was a master hacker and could understood "The Matrix" writing with such ease?

You make it seem like its strange for a diehard gamer to be knowledgeable about computers; that said there is also his personal intellect outside of that to think about; no one ever said he was stupid now did they
Sep 22, 2012 3:11 PM

Dec 2010
FailAtLife said:
This episode is GREAT! So sad ;w; better than Air, sadder than Clannad ~After Story~.

Had me at the first part; lost me at the second; being better than Air isn't that hard; being more emotional and sadder than After Story...ya no, not happening.
Sep 22, 2012 3:22 PM

Jan 2012
To begin with, I loved this episode. My only wonder is that could they revive Yui as pet since they have her heart? Kirito did it with Pina, so I wondering if he would ahve been able to do it with Yui.
Sep 22, 2012 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
Uhm. Reaper, isn't he supposed to be the
Sep 22, 2012 3:23 PM

Dec 2010
godmite said:
To begin with, I loved this episode. My only wonder is that could they revive Yui as pet since they have her heart? Kirito did it with Pina, so I wondering if he would ahve been able to do it with Yui.

Yui isn't a pet....completely different type of data.
Sep 22, 2012 3:24 PM

Dec 2010
Tyrel said:

No that boss looks like this

Sep 22, 2012 3:25 PM

Jun 2009
X10A_Freedom said:
So Kirito and Asuna had an unobstructed access to a saferoom 5 metres away, where they could simply have teleported. A very basic and fatal 'movie mistake'.

Lets not forget about access to GM panel that could be used for gaining extra-skills (immortal object anybody?) or even ending SAO, that was completely wasted.
Sep 22, 2012 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Tyrel said:

No that boss looks like this

Ah kay was totally thinking wrong then. Dope.
Sep 22, 2012 3:26 PM

Dec 2010
Arqentum said:
X10A_Freedom said:

Lets not forget about access to GM panel that could be used for gaining extra-skills (immortal object anybody?) or even ending SAO, that was completely wasted.

Even with the GM panel there are different levels of access; its not that hard people; its like going on the Boss's computer and expecting to access all the files without authorization.
Sep 22, 2012 3:29 PM

Jun 2008
What is this show?
Sep 22, 2012 3:30 PM

Dec 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
What is this show?

Now, don't ask such important questions when it comes to poor anime. The world might implode if you do.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 22, 2012 3:34 PM

Jun 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:

Even with the GM panel there are different levels of access; its not that hard people; its like going on the Boss's computer and expecting to access all the files without authorization.

Of course.
Copying part of servers files and creating an in-game object is way below access level of creating 'Sword of Thousand Thruths' or .learn <skill>
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2012

686 by amf85 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.