Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 29, 2016 12:35 PM

May 2016
One of the beauties about this series is being able to mix in over-the top situations/comedy with sprinkled realism around. I think the balance between over-the top moments and realism really benefits the drama. It was really hard for me to tell if Onizuka and Urumi will actually get themselves killed when they jumped off that bridge.

Anyways, being born from a tube explains her 200 IQ and her depression. She just wanted a regular mom meaning her mom was terrible. Well, at such a young age and being a genius, I can buy it.

Man, teachers in Japan are really prideful of their work. I'm not sure why they should feel beaten up when they're teaching a freaking genius child. Seriously, should you feel ashamed on somebody being naturally smarter than you? Praise their intellect and move on because they're clearly going to destroy in the learning realm. Must be the authority/power aspect, losing the feeling of authority over a child would make feel somebody inferior I suppose. Honestly, everything is out of the teacher's hands at that point and I can't fault them for it. Besides, these teachers are teaching "general" classes so I find it hard to blame them for doing a bad job since the aim is for everybody to learn. This is a cultural thing I suppose, so I'm okay with it.
Mar 14, 2017 4:25 AM

Mar 2015
Extreme way to get her onto his side but it seems to have worked lel
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 13, 2017 7:54 AM

Dec 2013
Onizuka really does take things to the extreme. At least now she won't be so much of a bitch.

RIP Cresta yet again LOL
Apr 8, 2018 9:43 PM

Oct 2012
"I'll teach her a lesson on how to broaden your asshole" W-Wait what?

What a dangerous stunt he did there
I'm more questioning why he got bike gang member when he's already quit from gang activities

RIP 5th Cresta? I lost count of the Cresta
"Signature removed"
May 27, 2018 8:47 PM
Jun 2013
That teacher was suuuuuuuuper wrong! omg, I was surprised she flipped out like that in class.
Sep 9, 2018 11:17 PM
Sep 2018
One of the greatest episodes I've ever seen in an anime. The last 10 minutes of the episode were brilliant and intense. It definitely struck a personal chord with me when Onizuka said to her "I hate it when people try to explain life using science/philosophy mumbo jumbo" as in she's trying to hide from the reality of this world by making the meaning of life seem abstract and unimportant.

5/5, I love this show.
Oct 31, 2018 9:54 PM
Mar 2018
I disagree that the anime was trying to make us feel bad for her, buuuut i get why people might feel bad about the anime's approach. although it didn't send us on a "oh it's ok, as long as u do this and that you can be a better person" kind of trip, some people probably want her to face consequences immaculately.

I'm exaggerating when I say this, but I left learning a lesson about what it takes to live life wisely and live life to the fullest. As of now we don't know if she's going to jail or not later in the series, she can't just get away with this irl, but if she does in the anime then so be it (I won't look too deep into this anime honestly lol it's all for fun in my eyes). i could go on to say she needs therapy and whatever but i dont see it happening in this sort of anime, not that it's an excuse but it wouldn't fit i don't think.

4/5. It's not my favorite arc but I liked it anyway. I had a great laugh. I'm mainly glad that Onizuka was able to teach her a lesson. maybe she won't feel compelled to live a life that gets her things she wants, but instead lives a life following her own path, idk.
Jan 28, 2019 9:21 PM

Aug 2016
oh god, this is the lamest"character with family issues" arc I ever read/watch. good thing it´s done.
:v
Feb 10, 2019 4:32 PM
Apr 2016
Onizuka is crazy, resolving to such methods, I LOVE IT! Awesome episode..
Mar 28, 2019 5:27 PM

Feb 2017
So what's up with this guy

Jun 9, 2019 3:10 AM

Dec 2014
I guess kanzaki recovered...... and maybe a new threat will appear...poor cresta lol
Jul 25, 2019 6:31 AM
Apr 2019
To be honest, I watched live action of GTO and Kanzaki was my favourite there. Her problem was portrayed in a better way which made it more emotional and yes she was not acting like a spoilt child like here. First making him his genie and then causing explosions. I so wanted to see her like that but guess it can't be helped.
Aug 7, 2019 8:29 AM

Jul 2016
Eh, a dull episode
Oct 3, 2019 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
"We almost turned into a protein mass." ... I really liked that line. Onizuka... you witty bastard.
removed-userOct 3, 2019 5:39 PM
Nov 29, 2019 3:46 PM

Jun 2015
A f*cking alpha, he is... You really can't expect a teacher like him in real life. Because that will be super troublesome.
Jan 29, 2020 2:06 AM

Jul 2013
So is she the daughter of Albert Einstein and Marilyn Monroe? And poor Cresta, this is what the 4th time?
Apr 11, 2020 6:21 PM

Sep 2018
That's so shallow and stupid!!!!!! Kanzaki is stupid! Duhhhhhh! Worst arc ever!!!! Finally it end.
Cresta joke is not funny anymore
Apr 15, 2020 6:04 PM

Oct 2013
Kanzaki might be extremely smart and have IQ over 200, but in terms of emotional development she is no more than a regular kid. After this episode I can say her emotionalness is even below the level of a regular kid of her age.

About Onizuka, woah! He's such a boss. ;D To perform that kind of trick on the bridge... only somebody with balls of steel could've done it, haha. I like the mutual respect and trust showed between Onizuka and his friends on bikes.

Also, RIP Cresta number 4, although while I smiled a little bit, it is not as funny as it was before anymore. Just as @YamEnele mentioned earlier. I guess we got too much of the same jokes about Onizuka being the main reason of another Cresta getting demolished.
AdnashApr 15, 2020 6:16 PM
Apr 20, 2020 3:50 AM

Aug 2018
Another amazing episode, that was a great motorbike riding scene. I knew Onizuka would go this far in order to teach Kanzaki a lesson of its own.

Btw vice principal probably has best insurance plan in whole Japan
May 15, 2020 4:53 PM

Mar 2019
Wow that was a hardcore punishment, it was great
Jul 18, 2020 12:23 AM
Jun 2020
Figva said:
Another amazing episode, that was a great motorbike riding scene. I knew Onizuka would go this far in order to teach Kanzaki a lesson of its own.

Btw vice principal probably has best insurance plan in whole Japan

I don't think only Japan but probably the whole world too. Man got it fixed 3 times in like 2-3 months or something.
Aug 23, 2020 7:35 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode, this was probably my favorite 'arc' so far. Urumi really grew on me as a character, probably among my favorites so far, hope we see more of her.

Onizuka is just too awesome. What a madlad.
Mar 3, 2021 8:30 PM

Aug 2018
R.I.P vice principle's Cresta. HAHAHAHA 4th time!!!

Dec 11, 2021 5:51 AM

Apr 2013
Wait, so that's how the Kanzaki problem is resolved? What is her "secret" that the teacher revealed anyway? We still don't know why she's such a nutjob.
Jan 24, 2022 6:14 AM

Jan 2018
The bombing was a serious terrorist activity. But VC made excuses to the police cause it might tank their school reputation? This seems to be a common practice in Japanese animation. It must be a serious issue in IRL Japan to be parodied in anime. Art imitates life and all that jazz, right? In Touch there was a certain Oni Coach who'd beat up students but the principal looked the other way because if he reported his acts of violence to police their school would get disqualified from Koshien (Japanese National Amateur Baseball championship).

I knew that Urumi didn't go to her female teacher's house so she could learn higher level stuff. It's cause she was attached to her. And her breaking Urumi's trust, essentially betraying her made her all kinds of fucked. I get teachers are humans too and they have limits. Having an oversmart student who genuinely knows more than you is probably the nightmare of every educator, but it was still wrong of Urumi's old teacher to do what she did. She didn't consider what Urumi felt and thought of her as a challenge. It's like she forgot why she decided to tutor her in the first place.
Urumi being a test-tube baby was unexpected. No wonder the Ministry of Education values her so highly cause there's a small chance that they're responsible for creating her, I guess? It doesn't matter what her secret was, it was wrong of the teacher to spill it. But I guess it's all in the past now.

This was one of the greatest episodes in a while. Nice arc. Hope we'll see more of Urumi Kanzaki aka psycho bitch later. I miss Yoshikawa but I'll take Onizuka acting as a love guru for Kunao for now.
PrometheusZero said:
Nice resolution with Kanzaki, but I was a little disappointed that they didn't do the scene in the manga when Onizuka gets his old bike gang to tell Urumi their past.

She's upset because she's a test tube baby but the childhood's of some of those 'Bozu' is down right horrific!
I think it's probably because GTO prequels Bad Company and Shonan Junai Gumi! never really received proper anime adaptations? I'm not sure if the biker gang part was in those two mangas though cause I never read them. Another reason could be that there simply wasn't enough time.
Jan 29, 2022 3:34 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Onizuka giving life lessons to a yet off thee charts genius. I love it.
Mar 9, 2022 7:25 AM
May 2020
ozinuka giving his student little bit of that greatness
Jul 12, 2022 2:38 PM

Dec 2018
NOT THE HECKIN CRESTA BROS NOOOOOO
F
Sep 12, 2022 9:32 PM
Mar 2022
URUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Oct 20, 2022 4:47 PM

Jan 2010
Kanzaki is agnostic, fatalistic, apathetic, sociopathic, and has no regard for the safety and well-being of herself and others. She's lived a life of no resistance, where everyone seemingly bends to her whims. She constantly harasses everyone of authority, not because she thinks she can get away, but because she seemingly wants to see where her boundaries are, if any. Her home life sounds cold, and her upbringing sounds like she's treated more of a pet or trophy. Kanzaki was never treated as a person, so I suppose she never saw the need to treat others differently. Then again, with how casually she throws herself in danger, she also doesn't see herself as a person. As she puts it, she's a collection of matter that's born into the world, and will eventually return to the world. She doesn't see a reason to care for anything, as no one really cared for her.

A running theme with GTO is how the terrible behavior of Onizuka's students aren't things they're born with, they're acquired through their environment. Onizuka's students have been burned in the past by prior teachers, have had stressful or unwelcome families, succumb to peer pressure to commit wrongdoings, or were just accustomed to never experiencing repercussions for their actions. It's not Onizuka's role to be a parent, but at this point, I suppose he has no choice.
Nov 9, 2022 8:17 PM
May 2020
What a Great solution to the conflict!

I am finally convinced that Onizuka is a Great Life Teacher. Teachers don't need to be smarter than every single one of their students, but they have to be capable of GUIDING them down the path to adulthood.
Nov 9, 2022 8:19 PM
May 2020
Mr_Shnb said:
Finally this shitty arc is over, hope that we will never see that psycho bitch again.

helvegen said:
I didnt exactly understood what Urumis father's secret was. Can someone explain it to me? :)

yea i didn't get it either.

I think she basically said that her dad was just a sperm donator and that she was conceived SOLELY because her mother wanted to have an extremely brainy child.
Nov 29, 2022 3:42 PM
Mar 2020
Onizuka sure has his own ways XD. Wow, such a great series and a great episode. Since the first episode there is nothing I can really complain about. I just want MORE and MORE!
Jun 25, 2023 4:49 AM
May 2021
onizuka doing gods work everyday🙏🙏🙏
Jun 28, 2023 1:53 PM
Jun 2023
The very intelligent girl, her name refuses to stick, grinds my gears to much.

I am glad that Onizuka tries to help her. However, the way she acts and treats others have made the past few episodes a chore to watch.
Aug 12, 2023 12:30 PM

May 2022
Awesome episode and a good ending to this Kanzaki arc, Onizuka teaches her about life and about enjoying the moment, not being stuck in the past. He reminds her of that slice of cake she always loved. Onizuka exposed her cowardice and fear of living by speeding over a big gap on the highway, missing it and falling, with the motorcycle gang to put a net to pull up Onizuka and Kanzaki. W Onizuka, strong heart and absolutely wild.
Dec 2, 2023 1:57 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to helvegen
I didnt exactly understood what Urumis father's secret was. Can someone explain it to me? :)
yes someone please explain im so confused @helvegen
Jan 20, 2:15 AM

Jun 2021
lol, he even involved Ryuji in the motorbikes reunion and, the dummy... he's really dedicated into giving lessons.

The jump moment is just... epic, even for someone like me that never hated Urumi. "Teacher Forever" returns in the soundtrack and into one of the most perfect moments.

So... is this the 4th or 5th totaled car? The second to last has just been repaired rather than replaced, is it possible? Fuyutsuki, come on... i was also clumsy after driving school license, but at least i never left the car in neutral gear without brakes on (no, seriously, me and my best friend also GTO enthusiast during the final days of high school faced a similar situation of another student that did the same error on the way to the written final exams).

Next episode is a very good one, once again i misplaced it in memory as a later one in the plot.
_untitledJan 20, 2:18 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

96 by CoreFinder »»
Yesterday, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

notestinet - Aug 17, 2008

176 by SametTakao »»
Apr 24, 7:14 PM

» What are the chances for a full remake?

xONLYINHUMANx - Apr 8

17 by F4i53 »»
Apr 15, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notestinet - Aug 25, 2008

301 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 42 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Oct 30, 2008

48 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 1:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.