Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2012 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Straightly into the story without KajiKaji's character. lol @ the beginning to introduce Genji Monogatari's author.

KajiKaji's character and Shimono-san's character in space, and speaking English!! lol~ Talking about Genji Monogatari and it being translated in many languages.

The story is related to her feeling, which is related to her and her childhood tomboyish friend. Though it feels familiar when the tomboyish girl said when she said she's getting married, and when she visited the town... disadvantages with girls with skills or not.
tsubasaloverSep 11, 2012 4:00 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 10, 2012 3:27 PM

Jan 2011
Murasaki is all gloom and doom.
I like to tease depressed women. ~ we have an S here haha
heh what, "-chan"? Hikaru Kenji de wa nai kuseni~! loool A really mad lady who blushes at Tadanobu's sexual harassment.
Yukinari, you little devil - no, more like freaking evil demon. lol @ the cello music
Oh those were 3 minutes of continuous glorious ROFLMAO
Ah Fujiwara no Teika is in space - Uchuu Kyodai reference?
Murasaki is funny as hell when she's bored, scared or in despair. Wah for a moment I thought she was swinging the other way. Ye old stereotype - women and knowledge don't go together, bleh. Wow Fujiko is an interesting character, I wonder how much of her behavior was authentic.
Sooo this episode is all about their friendship and how much people change? Not really, it's also about strength and determination on one side, and accepting one's place, on the other.
Heartwarming episode, in a bittersweet way.
fataverdeSep 10, 2012 3:32 PM
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Sep 10, 2012 5:38 PM

Oct 2008
Murasaki is really amazing. Woman had it really tough back in the times there, uh >: even in some parts of the world is still like this tho.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Sep 11, 2012 2:58 AM
Jun 2009
I was surprised to hear Kobayashi Yuu voicing her. It was kind of weird because her voice isn't really that feminine, but I guess that is why she was used in this particular episode. Ah, I love this series so far.
Sep 11, 2012 3:48 AM

Jan 2011
EvilSniperTom said:
I was surprised to hear Kobayashi Yuu voicing her. It was kind of weird because her voice isn't really that feminine, but I guess that is why she was used in this particular episode..

I was wondering why it seemed so familiar, thanks.
fataverdeSep 11, 2012 4:00 AM
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Sep 11, 2012 5:48 AM

Aug 2008
FEMINISM

Kinda funny considering this director also did Bakuman
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Sep 11, 2012 1:43 PM

May 2008
Best episode ;__; Sad..finally a girlxgirl pairing.

Sep 11, 2012 6:43 PM
Jan 2008
Just when I get enough fangirl crushing on Komachi and then Sei, along comes Murasaki to take the cake!

This is hands down my favorite episode so far.
Sep 12, 2012 4:30 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, that was such a good episode! ^_^ 5/5 like usual, but I seriously loved every second of it. :)
This anime is getting 10/10 if they can wrap up the season nicely, with the best for last or something. :D

Definitely gonna try and find Murasaki-chan's novels at my library. I need to read them!

On the other hand, Yukinari was cute and funny when he scared Murasaki-chan. LOL
Sep 17, 2012 5:41 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, wonderful episode.
It really sucked for women back then, so seeing Fujiko go through that was painful. At least she hasn't lost her determination.
I'm really interested in reading the tale of Genji now.
Sep 21, 2012 5:23 PM

Jul 2010
That was so beautiful. Wow. <3
Sep 26, 2012 7:21 PM

Feb 2010
Murasaki is a BOSS. She's fantastic. Way to represent the strength of women even in times of extreme inequality..
Jul 6, 2014 1:23 AM

Aug 2013
Such a shame they were born in a repressive era. No matter how hard things were, the lily will always find a way to bloom. Ah...that was beautiful.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 20, 2014 7:31 AM

Jun 2012
And here I thought this ep was going to showcase a lesbian relationship. A little disappointed. That barely ever happens outside the yuri genre.
Jun 14, 2015 1:13 PM
Mar 2012
I feel so sorry for Fujiko.

Sol_Ou said:
And here I thought this ep was going to showcase a lesbian relationship. A little disappointed. That barely ever happens outside the yuri genre.
Well, I thought it was clearly a lesbian relationship. Well, kind of. A lot of the relationships in this series don't go anywhere.
Aug 25, 2015 9:31 AM

May 2012
This was a pretty lovely story, it's getting better again! Let's see what's next.
Oct 13, 2016 11:54 PM

Apr 2014
This was a particularly good episode, especially how it contrasts with the romance-centric stories we have been encountering up to this point. Im really hoping that the final 2 episodes are as good as this because so far this is a solid 8/10

Oct 12, 2020 2:03 PM
Aug 2019
Kinto likes a girl she's Murasaki Shikibu (real name Kaori) who created the tales of Genji the world's first novel, poor Kinto he became depressed.
lmao, Yukinari forcing her to face Kinto, poor her.
Teacher of Empress Shoshi
Kaori and Fugiko wanted to compete with men in that era it sure would be hard.
Kaori was good at writing stories so she did that managed get into the palace and compete with the men there.
Fujiko got married with three kids who only obeys man when she was the one that said she will defeat men and she couldn't show who she is now to her friend. Her life is quite sad.

Jul 4, 2023 8:10 AM

Jan 2021
I can't... That Kintou-Murasaki-Yukinari scene was so funny xD I was giggling so much xD I watched this episode on the bus and tried my best not to burst out laughing XD it was too hilarious.

But wow, Murasaki Shikibu is a really inspiring figure. Another great lady besides Sei Shonagon. I've never read The Tale of Genji but after this episode I'm really interested to read it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 9, 2012

50 by puella_magi »»
Jul 5, 2023 1:41 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2012

49 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 5, 2023 12:42 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2012

20 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 4, 2023 10:59 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2012

25 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 4, 2023 7:15 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 27, 2012

20 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 4, 2023 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.