Forum Settings
Forums

Do you want to spend the rest of your life watching anime?

New
Do you want to spend the rest of your life watching anime?
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2012 2:43 PM

May 2009
Until it bores me.
Sep 1, 2012 2:46 PM

Feb 2010
Leoruthion said:
The amount of time you spend on anime directly correlates with the amount of value you attach to it.

Not really. I value it highly as a diverse form of entertainment, and yet I really don't get around to watching too much of it. The ones I enjoy I savor and watch over time.

Do I intend to spend my entire life watching anime? If this question implies I actively watch it for the rest of my life, hell no. There will be times in my life where I watch a lot, and times where I watch a little, and times where I completely ignore it. But I can see myself a 60 year old man going "Huh, I should check out a few notable animes from the past few years and catch up," or "I should rewatch Kaiji for some nostalgia." I can see myself as a lifelong fan, but not a lifelong active watcher.
Sep 1, 2012 2:51 PM

Dec 2009
Yeah, why not?
What do you think about humans watching TV all their life?
See, exactly! x3
Sep 1, 2012 2:52 PM
Mar 2012
why yes?
Sep 1, 2012 2:55 PM

Aug 2012
Yes,because I love anime and it's fun to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2012 2:57 PM

Jun 2012
Thread title somehow sound like condemnation.
Bam! You are condemned to watch anime for the rest of you life!

Noooooooooo

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Sep 1, 2012 3:17 PM

Mar 2010
dont think so
there are not much good anime out there
Sep 1, 2012 3:26 PM

Feb 2009
Always. Forever.
Sep 1, 2012 8:22 PM
Jun 2011
Maybe, maybe one day I'll just stop watching anime because of hatred or something.
Sep 1, 2012 8:27 PM

Dec 2011
I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life watching anime lol. But idk, as long as there's still good stuff to watch I guess I'll still watch them.
Sep 1, 2012 8:31 PM

Sep 2008
I use to say that I'd only be watching anime thru my college years(which i spent a shit amount of time doing so)....but now after few years out of college I still make time to do so mostly on weekends when I have the free time and considering I don't watch tv, in those times I'd be watching anime. So to your question, I'd say yes, I'll most likely spend the rest of my life watching anime. As long as it entertains me, I don't see why not. There are old people out there collecting stamps and shit since they were kids, don't see how this is any different.
Sep 1, 2012 8:50 PM

Feb 2012
I mostly am watching ongoing series since i've already seen a lot of completed anime. Spending maybe 3 or 4 hours a week watching a episode of ongoing series isn't that time consuming.

You just have to make time for it :P
Sep 1, 2012 9:28 PM

Mar 2012
The thread title sounds far more depressing and pathetic than what it actually implies. Watching anime "for the rest of your life" could very well mean watching it every few days, just on weekends, only a few times a month, or even less. I'm sure this has already been covered, but might as well reiterate.

Leoruthion said:
The amount of time you spend on anime directly correlates with the amount of value you attach to it.

This is extremely untrue. That's like saying people who work full time value their children less than unemployed people. Everyone has different schedules (availability), a different amount of other hobbies, and a different approach to each hobby. I'm sure many people exist who only enjoy anime in small moderation, while placing a high value on the time they do spend watching it. I'm equally sure there are people who watch anime all day just because, meh, it's what they do. It's simply habitual, they may not actually appreciate it as much as you'd think.
JoshSep 1, 2012 9:37 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 1, 2012 9:36 PM
Aug 2012
Yes of course the future will only bring more and more anime, and I still have alot more to watch

21days/ 18 years? so you get the picture
And obviously I wont be watching anime 24/7 but you get the picture

Sep 1, 2012 11:25 PM

Dec 2006
Personally, the older I get the more my tastes change towards anime (or has anime just gone to shit? who knows..) So the amount of anime that I can tolerate has decreased by so much since when I first started. I think eventually I will definetley stop at some point; but my faith in the industry gets restored every so often after a few years.
リスト 。。

Sep 2, 2012 12:43 AM

Apr 2012
OhNasti said:
Immahnoob said:
Shuhan said:
I think someday i will stop, just not sure why or when.

When you die...

When you die you stop doing anything.

There's nothing more to say.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Sep 2, 2012 12:50 AM

Dec 2011
Probably not. Can't really say for sure. Probably I'll impregnate a woman in the future and have kids,or get addicted to drugs,get involved in an accident and become paralyzed,etc.etc. Probably in a few years or so I'll have other responsibilities to commit to and won't have the time/interest to watch anime. Probably.

Sep 2, 2012 12:54 AM

Apr 2012
spinecollect said:
Probably not. Can't really say for sure. Probably I'll impregnate a woman in the future and have kids,or get addicted to drugs,get involved in an accident and become paralyzed,etc.etc. Probably in a few years or so I'll have other responsibilities to commit to and won't have the time/interest to watch anime. Probably.

Oh look, it's spinecollect. BITCH, I'll delete you out of my sig, you're already here.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Sep 2, 2012 1:06 AM

Sep 2011
Meh, I choose maybe. Sure I do enjoy watching anime, but I just don't really see myself watching it in 20 years.
Sep 2, 2012 1:51 AM

Jul 2012
anime is in my blood now
I will not spend a lot of my time watching it but I will make specific time or day to watch
it seems normal to me i like to watch football ( soccer) so I will try to be free when match will begin it seem on anime situation for me I will not quit watching it
Sep 2, 2012 2:05 AM

Jun 2012
I can't picture myself 3 years from now much less the "rest of my life". For the time being, anime continues to interest and entertain me. Though it's highly likely that somewhere along the next 60 years of my life, I'll grow tired of the medium.
Sep 2, 2012 4:01 AM

Jan 2011
I barely watch anything anymore.
Sep 2, 2012 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
I used to watch more but I don't think I'm stopping anytime soon.
Sep 2, 2012 4:25 AM

Nov 2009
I do want to spend my time watching anime, if there are animes to watch.
Sep 2, 2012 5:08 AM

Feb 2009
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life watching anime?"

Kinda silly question actually.

Might as well ask me if I want to spend the rest of my life making models, playing wargames, role games, eating chocolate bars and peanut butter and jam sandwiches, having sex each day and enjoying walks in the sun listening to music.

Of course I want to spend the rest of my life watching anime. And I want to live to be at least 80, 90 would be ok too (ask me on my 90th birthday if I want to be 100).

Now I would rather not need to pay rent for the rest of my life.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Sep 2, 2012 5:32 AM

Mar 2011
I find it strange how people can say they want to watch it forever when, for many of them, they are only in their teens. Sure I can understand if Lesley says that, but for anyone who's a teenager, it's not as if you know what's going to happen to you, whether your tastes will change or if you'll find something else to do. Life isn't always going to be the same for you as it is now.

Sure, I don't see any reason why I would stop in the near future, but saying that I'll always find anime entertaining? I can't tell if that will be true.

The real question for me is, will I be able to continue watching the shounen shows (Naruto, OP, Bleach when it returns, Fairy Tail) to when they finally finish?

Or maybe, if you feel you shouldn't watch anime forever, you can say "when all those shows finally end, then I'll stop watching all anime for good", then again, that could still be another 10 years....
Sep 2, 2012 5:59 AM

Dec 2011
I will simply say no, I do love real life more. And anime are here just for fun. When I get employed, married and other stuff it will become unnecessary :D
Sep 2, 2012 6:35 AM

Oct 2010
Yeah i'll probably watch anime till the end of my days.

There will always be good animes in supply. I have faith of that.
Sep 2, 2012 7:45 AM

Dec 2011
Not really, but its better than watching the crap that is on TV these days.
Sep 2, 2012 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
akutasame94 said:
I will simply say no, I do love real life more. And anime are here just for fun. When I get employed, married and other stuff it will become unnecessary :D

So people who watch series and movies have no life?
Sep 2, 2012 8:16 AM

May 2012
Supergrunt8 said:
Yeah i'll probably watch anime till the end of my days.

There will always be good animes in supply. I have faith of that.

Yeah, anime just keep getting better and better.
CresandoSep 2, 2012 8:20 AM
Sep 2, 2012 8:27 AM

Jul 2012
I've only watched anime for a little under a year now, and i think i will keep watching anime for a long time, but on a way lower lvl, like whenever a new episode on an airing anime has come out.
O'Hai :D
Sep 2, 2012 9:08 AM

Aug 2008
They're all getting repetitive. I'm sure in the future, some/most of us will stop.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 2, 2012 9:10 AM

Jun 2008
Voted "Yes" but now that I think about it...if it's only anime... :S But if the quality keeps on lowering and I can't find anything I (could) like among older anime... no.
Sep 2, 2012 9:36 AM

May 2011
Yes, until I get bored. No reason to stop now, so I'll plan on keeping with it.
Sep 2, 2012 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
I certainly hope I don't quit because it's a great source of entertainment. I mean I don't watch any shows that have low quality animation or bad storyline but animation is constantly improving with the years and new ideas are popping up. I spend almost all my freetime finding anime and watching it but maybe I'll gradually watch less but new good anime always show up. For example i love the new 2012 shows like campione and sword art online
Sep 2, 2012 4:47 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Yes. There's a lot of good stuff coming up (fall season come already!) and a lot of good old anime... and One Piece isn't over yet.
I hope they invent immortality soon :)
BatoKusanagiSep 2, 2012 4:56 PM
Sep 2, 2012 5:03 PM

Dec 2009
I think I can watch anime forever. There is always something to watch, and good things usually come out every season.

I enjoy anime more than the average person as well. It's a big part of my life really.
Sep 2, 2012 5:24 PM

Aug 2012
Ya why the hell not. Fiction>>Reality, so why would I settle for less?
Sep 2, 2012 5:37 PM

Mar 2012
mrmook9000 said:
Ya why the hell not. Fiction>>Reality, so why would I settle for less?

This is a dangerous mindset.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 2, 2012 6:01 PM

Jan 2010
I'll watch anime until I get a social life

I'll watch anime as long as I find something interesting to watch
Sep 2, 2012 8:37 PM
Oct 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
Not really unless I find really good ones.

agreed. probably would end up busy in the future id have less time to surf around finding some or id just watch what ive bought
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 3, 2012 12:04 AM
May 2010
my interest in anime has been slowly dying. used to watch it a lot and was obsessed w/it. but then real life priorities take over and i do feel there is an age limit where you can be too old for anime and at that age, it's just not attractive to anyone for someone getting older to be watching cartoons. plus the content of anime and its maturity rarely changes, w/only a few gems out there. it's not so much i want to quit anime as opposed to outgrowing it. some of the jokes and banter become repetitive and nice original works are hard to come by. last series that really hooked me was steins gate, since then, nothing has caught my attn. i would not be remiss to say that my anime watching days are now dying or already past me...if anyone has a series to recommend that is under the radar but really good, feel free to recommend. otherwise im putting an indefinite hold on anime for now.
Sep 3, 2012 12:11 AM

Jun 2010
As long as good anime keep coming out, I'll continue watching it, providing I don't have other things to worry about.
Sep 3, 2012 1:00 AM
May 2007
Funny when I was in late elementary and junior high, I felt I could watch anime for the rest of my life. Ironically, I end up moving to Japan and I rarely watch anime these days (though I still actively read some manga such as Hajime no Ippo and other Shounen Magazine titles)
Sep 3, 2012 1:10 AM

Aug 2009
Will I outgrow anime? No
Will I outgrow going to anime forums like MAL that blatantly ask me something that's a given at the moment? Yes
Sep 3, 2012 2:00 AM
Aug 2012
Yes i like to spend the rest of my life watching animations because they are really good soure of entertaining and gave a relief to your self and mostly i watched funniest animations.

Watch The Closer Season online on TVS with hd quality @ tvs-the-closer.com
tangobit4Sep 3, 2012 2:05 AM
Sep 3, 2012 5:52 AM
Mar 2012
On the poll I voted "Yes". However, even though I would like to keep on watching anime in the future, I'm sure I will never have enough devoted time in the future, since I have to focus on my studies in college, get a job, work, etc..
Sep 3, 2012 11:15 AM
Aug 2012
That's an interesting poll.
"For the rest of your life"
Do I WANT to? Yes; CAN I? No.

The only real option is "Maybe" since we don't know how we will be in a few years; perhaps when I hit 25 I will think it's not worth the time anymore.
I've actually seen quite a bit of decline in "good anime" as in a lot are now fanservice/harems/ecchi; and most circulate around the same "crazy school life style", which can get really boring really fast.

Just something I've noticed that lately that's how anime is trending. Kind of becoming a nuisance.
Although I still watch it; just I don't think I'll be able to watch it for the rest of my life. But who knows- So therefore the answer is "Maybe"
Sep 3, 2012 11:21 AM

Dec 2011
SergioSource said:
akutasame94 said:

So people who watch series and movies have no life?

That's how you understood what I said, which is completely wrong. I just said that for me anime simply keep me entertained when I have absolutely nothing else to do. It's not my passion nor my hobby. Right now I am young, I have no real responsibilities so I can watch anime whole day and not care about anything. The thing is I don't love doing that. Ok, episode or two, great, but having nothing to do, I hate that. I am just like Sherlock Holmes. When I don't have a case to work on I take heroin (just sayin' not really xD), in this case anime being my drug. I don't see myself watching anime when I am 30 year old man with wife and maybe kids. Even at the moment anime are getting boring for me, not because they are cartoons or whatever you wanna call it, simply because I have too many things going on, studying, having to go to British embassy to take those language proficiency tests, getting ready for college, making myself ready for trip to Japan (yeah I'll most definitely end up in Japan in a few years)... I hope I explained enough xD
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

223 by iftsistrnn »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

62 by _ATG_ »»
4 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

58 by _ATG_ »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

85 by maya2003s »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 8 hours ago

27 by shiro-seishun »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.