Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2012 1:38 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nisio, you bastard, kudos to CXC for translating all the skills' names again.

I love how Anshin'in just shot Karai, she can be quite the cruel woman. This Shiranui village is interesting, I wonder what Shiranui's new job is.

Oh yeah, a fight between Medaka and Kumagawa, I want to see it, so make it happen.
ZhouAug 31, 2012 1:43 AM
Aug 31, 2012 3:48 AM

Jun 2010
Does anybody else think Shiranui's new task is to be Tsurubami Kamome's wife? I have no idea why, but that's the first idea that came to mind. I'm being weird, that manga made me weird.

Didn't expect the perverted doubles to return.

Does anybody else think that at this point Kumagawa is good only as a comic relief? A unique and funny comic relief, but a comic relief and nothing else. His arc was great, but he's good at being extreme. Extreme minus. Now he's somewhere between a minus and a good guy and it's not that good. But he can be hilarious at times, so I have nothing against him. Just saying, since they tried to remind us that he's supposed to have something going still.

SHIRANUI HANSODE DOESN'T EAT THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS OVER HURRY MY CHILDREN RUN FOR YOUR LIVES OMG!
Aug 31, 2012 4:43 AM

Feb 2011
first guards are ninjas, it would be funny if the next guards are pirates and shinigamis :3

good to have medaka reminding kumagawa what is supposed to be his role

if this was called "the missing supporting characters arc" it wouldn't be too incorrect i think :P
there is still a meta vibe from all this

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 31, 2012 6:01 AM

Sep 2009
Zeando said:
first guards are ninjas, it would be funny if the next guards are pirates and shinigamis :3

well since Ajimu already made a reference to Denpa Kyoushi, it wouldn't be that farfetched :D

can't wait to see the next ch to see how the fights will go down XD
Aug 31, 2012 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
Zhou said:
I love how Anshin'in just shot Karai, she can be quite the cruel woman. This Shiranui village is interesting, I wonder what Shiranui's new job is.

Oh yeah, a fight between Medaka and Kumagawa, I want to see it, so make it happen.

Yeah that was funny and the wall of skills again lol...
I want to see them fighting as well and but winning is not Kumagawa's feature XD
Aug 31, 2012 12:30 PM

Apr 2011
Interesting chapter, especially the ending :)
Sep 4, 2012 5:47 AM

Jan 2009
lol ninjas, i hope the action will be good especially that its their reflections/doubles
Sep 5, 2012 1:30 AM
Mar 2009
Damn. Kudos to CxC for translating Ajimu's skills again.

Lol. Doppelganger ninjas.
Jan 18, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Well Anshin had to use her skills again :p
And this arc really is all about doubles. The double of the one suitor shows up again and then the ninjas that they have to face are doubles of themselves.
Jul 28, 2014 12:15 AM

Aug 2012
Kinda regretting my want for a Shiranui arc, really not a fan of the direction they're going with her. Not that it's "bad" but it's kinda removing the qualities I really liked about her. I get where they're going here, with the becoming the mask (at least in terms of friendship with Zenkichi) but in the process it's removing the stuff that made her endearing. I could be proven wrong but right now, I'm not loving it.

On the other hand, Anshin'in & Kumagawa have been win so far so I'm still enjoying it.
Oct 23, 2015 3:08 PM

Aug 2014
lol at Ajimu usnig her skills so quickly xD

That ending doe, seem interesting.
Aug 24, 2018 6:53 PM

Apr 2013
NisiOisiN never forgets a character.

I'm glad the final (well, pen-ultimate) arc focuses on one of the few great characters in Medaka Box for once, but considering how even the Minus arc was ultimately only "ehhh, pretty decent, I guess," I really can't imagine in what ways Shiranui's arc is going to fall short.

But nonetheless, as the last big arc to the manga, I can say I'm still looking forward to it. The writing has gotten better and more even as the series has gone on, though the setting is more confused than ever.

I seriously don't remember seeing more than one adult in Medaka Box.
Jul 24, 2020 11:22 PM
May 2015
Fall said:
NisiOisiN never forgets a character.

I'm glad the final (well, pen-ultimate) arc focuses on one of the few great characters in Medaka Box for once, but considering how even the Minus arc was ultimately only "ehhh, pretty decent, I guess," I really can't imagine in what ways Shiranui's arc is going to fall short.

But nonetheless, as the last big arc to the manga, I can say I'm still looking forward to it. The writing has gotten better and more even as the series has gone on, though the setting is more confused than ever.

I seriously don't remember seeing more than one adult in Medaka Box.

I had the same feeling about the end of minus arc, it started out so strong but then kind of fizzled out.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 102 Discussion

Inarius - Jun 24, 2011

4 by mazuchi »»
Jul 10, 2023 1:27 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 117 Discussion

RawElements - Oct 13, 2011

29 by Cam1922 »»
Mar 13, 2023 10:16 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 19 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Sep 19, 2009

16 by Cam1922 »»
Mar 10, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 57 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Aug 25, 2010

13 by Gameboy_Matthew »»
Oct 29, 2022 7:37 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 125 Discussion

Inarius - Dec 3, 2011

18 by vbzre »»
Aug 27, 2022 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.