Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Alternative ONE: Kobayashi Opera to 5-Mai no Kaiga Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2012 11:50 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Definely alternative One, Milky Holmes looks more seriously here lol and they got toys here.

This episode is based in London (England)

Hmm.. I wonder if there wil be more episodes for that kind of ending.
BlackbirdAug 29, 2012 12:23 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 23, 2012 11:03 AM

Jul 2011
well, that was a nice alternative. Seeing them with powers is just coolsauce! I hope there's more or something in the future.
Sep 24, 2012 1:49 AM
Apr 2012
i like more this Milky Holmes
Sep 24, 2012 7:44 AM

May 2011
I was surprised by how useful the milkies are in this episode. Not only they were smart, they did not do stupid things, and they used their toys properly to apprehend the bad guys.

It lost the usual charm that milkies are suppose to have when they screw things up but i guess i dont mind seeing them in serious action once in awhile too! :D

8/10 overall. I hope there's continuation in it

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 8, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
IMO this should be more popular than the original series.
Jan 8, 2013 9:52 PM
Feb 2012
interesting episode

and the old man near the end using "The Force" similar ability

any idea how many episodes are there for this anime?
Jan 8, 2013 9:52 PM

Nov 2007
>Milky Holmes being competent
>No QUALITY anywhere to be seen
>Toys being used
>Actual mysteries
>Nero is not a bitch

THIS IS NOT THE MILKY HOLMES I KNOW AND LOVE!
Jan 8, 2013 10:24 PM
Feb 2012
game8910 said:
>Toys being used
>Actual mysteries
>Nero is not a bitch

well i know how you feel but after the first 2 seasons of them without Toys and being incompetent and bore fans of the series

thing will have to change to appeal to more fans
Jan 8, 2013 11:53 PM

Jul 2011
It was an ok episode. I didn't mind them actually doing their detective work and having their abilities.

However I remember when the 2 or 3 times when they actually had their TOYS in season 1 and 2, they were more powerful then they show it in this special.

Another thing, this new character, their sensei, NO. just NO.
I rather them being independent from adults and doing their detective work by themselves.

Also, the police woman, or girl, can't tell, not as likeable as koko-chan.

AND THERE IS NO HENRIETTE!! What kind of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes anime with no Henrietta is this??? NO, JUST NO.

IF they needed some guidance, she could of been their support, instead of adding a homosexual lolicon. ok, sorry, but did you see the way he ran and talked?? ok, that's no the point.

Anywayyyys, well I'll always welcome more TOMH, but give me the usual damm it!
Them, with no powers is hilarious, and their ways of handling things too.
One serious episode is enough for me, thanks.

Ok, well I'll be looking forward next episode.
Jan 11, 2013 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
Damn this episode was so boring I wish I could erase it from my memories.
Jan 11, 2013 2:47 PM
Nov 2010
Surprisingly decent. Liking it so far.

However...
MoonxArtemis said:
AND THERE IS NO HENRIETTE!! What kind of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes anime with no Henrietta is this??? NO, JUST NO.

this
Jan 11, 2013 10:42 PM
Dec 2012
Pretty average and though it's defiantly a change in pace nothing will ever beat the original series.
Jan 12, 2013 3:44 AM

Jan 2012
This type of mystery is what lacking in the original series but i didn't like it too much, without the old phantom thieves, no comedy.
Jan 21, 2013 8:10 AM

Aug 2009
Totally boring: Those four actually solve mystery cases instead of doing hilarious nonsense stuff.
And those four...character-wise, they actually pretty differ from how they were in the original series.

I loved the first two seasons because the humor was just so exaggerated and great, and the characters were all like super-dumb, which was just hilarious, but this...it like a boring kids show. Another one of those millions of boring shows nobody needs :-(

Definitely not gonna watching this further.
Mar 12, 2013 6:08 PM

Jan 2009
After two seasons of being completely useless it's very refreshing to see the Milky Holmes girls working with their teacher like in the PSP novels.
Mar 15, 2013 11:06 AM

Oct 2009
...boring even the "mystery" was plain obvious.

Adult Kokoro? Hot~
May 30, 2013 10:12 PM

Sep 2008
FUCK YEAH, MILKY HOMES, BRINGING THE BOMB TO LONDON!
The girls were exception this episode. They were also very reserved... it's like they grew up or something. I don't know if I like it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2013 7:01 PM

May 2012
Wow this is what I was looking for in this anime, not such random anime like the main series, but exactly this serious toned detective and case solving development!

It's quite sad it only holds episodes, lets see what's next though!
Oct 27, 2013 12:00 PM

Nov 2011
Compared to the other OVA I watched, I think this one was better considering it does have a slightly more serious mood especially in the second half.

Kitty Evans looks pretty badass anyways.

Dat cliffhanger. There's a mastermind huh?
Nov 10, 2014 6:09 PM

Feb 2013
Yup, this was defnitely alternatve. It was so weird to see Milky Holmes being not useless. I like them better when they don't have their Toys.
Jan 6, 2015 9:27 PM

Feb 2008
game8910 said:
>Toys being used
>Actual mysteries
>Nero is not a bitch

And Herc can actually speak! Also no nipples ;_;

So apparently this is more close to the visual novel that was released around the same time as the first season, since the Kobayashi guy is in there too. Pretty disappointing as it was full serious and the mystery wasn't that interesting.

I'll treat it as a stand alone thing, since it is a "What if they never lost their toys" scenario, but that doesn't help it much. Hope the second episode is at least better.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 18, 2018 7:30 PM

Jul 2014
Oh man, all the girls started living at Opera's house. There's bound to be hilarity ensuing!
Nov 21, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2020
This was an okay episode. Much more calm and mature than the main series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tantei Opera Milky Holmes: Alternative Episode 2 Discussion

Cetais - Jan 24, 2013

11 by Serafos »»
Nov 25, 2021 6:39 AM

» First Trailer

zedar89 - Aug 9, 2012

0 by zedar89 »»
Aug 9, 2012 7:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.