Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 12, 2012 4:09 AM
Jul 2011
The whole guro hype was kind of disappointing, should have left it up to imagination. Kind of explain why the thieves from way back didn't give a damn about getting with Teresa after she tried to scare them away.

Raki back together with Clare, finally and officially. Gonna miss the old fan-visual of Clare seeing Raki grown up self as Guts from Berserk (great pic).

Now potential for bloody triangle with RakixClarexPriscilla, oh goodie~~~
Aug 12, 2012 9:54 AM

May 2010
I feel like I have a sick mind because of what I imagined the Claymores body to look like. I imagined something 10x's more grotesque than what was provided.
Aug 12, 2012 2:22 PM

Dec 2008
Benevolance said:
I feel like I have a sick mind because of what I imagined the Claymores body to look like. I imagined something 10x's more grotesque than what was provided.

Don't worry, you aren't the only one.
New profile design sucks.
Aug 15, 2012 6:57 AM
Dec 2011
Thought would be BOOOM !! but she quietly woken up.

What about priciella and the other no1 and 2 who emerged ? they still alive right ?

I was expecting something more huge. kind of not so exciting for me. anyways she is out now.

Next could be the last fight.

and then move on the dragon race or something ?

clare first fought no.5 ? no.3 duff no.2 rigal and now no.0 priciella. always been epic
when she fights.gonna be awesome. =D
Aug 16, 2012 5:38 AM

Jul 2009
Finally they meet again! I was thinking their chests would look a fair bit more disfigured than that but I guess a wound like that makes sense.
Aug 17, 2012 11:11 AM
Jul 2009
It doesn't really look like she has a scar..

UserDeletedAug 17, 2012 11:25 AM
Aug 18, 2012 3:24 AM

Apr 2010
I cried. That was great. T_T

I expected the body to be much worse... Kinda like aftermath of severe burns-type scarring on their bodies or something, but just a big open wound doesn't seem as bad aesthetically. Certainly not quite as grotesque as it was hyped to be.

SleepnDreamn said:
If Claire came out untreated could it be that Teresa might come out of that blob at some point too? Claire was warrior made from Teresa flesh.

That would actually be amazing to see Teresa reappear in the Manga. Either through that, or maybe similarly to the way the three #1's were brought back. I'd love to see Teresa herself kill Priscilla.

Inarius said:
finally they explained the claymore body

and boy, Priscila is going to be pissed when she get's out and sees Clare next to her man :))

She never cared about Raki. She only stayed with him because that scent she couldn't remember what it was about it that was so familiar -- it was Teresa, through Clare's scent on Raki.

grandy_UiD said:
On a side note: can someone remind me what happend to the Raphaela/Luciela-thingy? I think that was just left hanging or did I forget something?

Rafaela gave her life to Luciela the moment she died so that she could live on, which subsequently fused them together instead.

At which point, they tried to have Reneé awaken the being, but it ended up being Clare that inadvertently did it.

When Clare stumbled into their consciousness, she was challenged by Rafaela and was told she would be cut down if she couldn't defeat her. So, she had to finally release her yoki and use the quick sword she'd been hiding for 7 years and defeated Rafaela pretty easily.

At which point, all of Rafaela's memories, her essence, and pretty much everything that made her herself flooded into Clare, as Clare's gift for killing her. That was the deal, right? If she could kill her, Rafaela would tell her "what she needed to know" - though it was never clear what that "what" was exactly. I suspect we'll find out soon.

I think we may see that somewhere in new skills, or powers. I mean basically gaining everything from someone who was an equivilant to a #1 surely had some kind of an effect.

So while I'd like to see some kind of Teresa play in, somehow I expect it to be something to do with that.

Have to wonder if Raki is going to be as hated pretty soon when Clare and Priscilla start fighting as he was in the Anime, cause gawd I hated his guts there...
Aug 18, 2012 7:54 AM

Jul 2010
Tiffanys said:
SleepnDreamn said:
If Claire came out untreated could it be that Teresa might come out of that blob at some point too? Claire was warrior made from Teresa flesh.

That would actually be amazing to see Teresa reappear in the Manga. Either through that, or maybe similarly to the way the three #1's were brought back. I'd love to see Teresa herself kill Priscilla..

That's not possible. Claire was alive and merged with Awakened being while Teresa is dead. Priscilla bisected her head. Bringing back Teresa from a blob means every claymore can come back like that. Though she can be revived like other warriors from previous arc. Dae ran away, he might do something and put her against Priscilla. That could really help all other warriors in upcoming fight and Claire can have last reunion.
Aug 18, 2012 1:04 PM
Mar 2011
Han-yuu said:
TomDawn said:
Maybe I'm crazy, but I was actually hoping that the author would never reveal how a Claymore's body actually looked like...

No. you're not crazy. I was also hoping this and many other peoples as well. It's not a problem to leave some mysteries to reader imagination. especially this kind of mysteries where most of people thought it will be something grotesque. So there was bound to be disappointment for some. Though i'm glad it was not something like that.

I think that they still kind of leave a bit to the imagination because in one panel, Yuma explained how Clare's intestines were almost spilling out, yet we do not get a visual of that, which means the readers must imagine what it would look like. Also it was stated that the Organization experimented with different methods of sealing the wound. This could indicate that earlier generations of Claymore had inferior bonds on that scar, or maybe they underwent surgery that left them in a more messed up state. Anyway, I believe that even with what they have shown, there is still room for reader's to have their own perceptions!
Aug 18, 2012 2:40 PM

Nov 2009
To me, the Claymore body mystery revelation thing is just fine. I was guessing something more grotesque too but that doesn't mean my satisfaction has to base on the grotesque level.

I think the concept of 'injury-before-transformation' would work here. Like, the massive frontal cut was done prior to receiving youma power and therefore would not heal (healing is kinda like returning the body to its initial state, and the initial state is their body with the scar.) However for fully-awakened beings, their bodies are further tweaked/transformed, and the so-called 'initial states' of their bodies no longer apply since they get a different form. That's why there ain't scars on the Abyssal ones.

In any case, loving the reunion, it's going a little slow but hey what the heck, I'm loving this series!

deviantART                                    YouTube  
Aug 22, 2012 4:59 PM

Apr 2010
Han-yuu said:
Tiffanys said:
SleepnDreamn said:

That would actually be amazing to see Teresa reappear in the Manga. Either through that, or maybe similarly to the way the three #1's were brought back. I'd love to see Teresa herself kill Priscilla..

That's not possible. Claire was alive and merged with Awakened being while Teresa is dead. Priscilla bisected her head. Bringing back Teresa from a blob means every claymore can come back like that. Though she can be revived like other warriors from previous arc. Dae ran away, he might do something and put her against Priscilla. That could really help all other warriors in upcoming fight and Claire can have last reunion.

A single piece of Priscila in one of the revived #1's was enough to show a remnant of Priscila.

Well, if nothing else... I can dream. T_T
Aug 25, 2012 12:21 PM
Aug 2012
hm i found the mystery behind the bodies of the claymores interesting i always wondered what was so horrible about their bodies and now we know which makes a lot of sense when you think about it since they are like split open and inserted with youma flesh and blood in every part of their body so its like birth mark for claymores but the reunion between Raki and Clare was too nice.
Aug 30, 2012 9:03 AM
Aug 2011
I'm 22, a dude, and I almost cried on the last page of this chapter. That is all :)
Sep 5, 2012 12:15 AM

Mar 2010
Metaliator said:
I'm 22, a dude, and I almost cried on the last page of this chapter. That is all :)
Ditto. But I'm 28, haha.

Ah jeez.. nice to finally see them reunited.
Sep 5, 2012 12:19 AM

Oct 2010
We finally see why and what their body is like!And clare reunite with Raki,Finally!
This world...is rotten
Sep 9, 2012 5:00 PM

Nov 2009
I was expecting Youma face on the breast since on man puked when he saw that, a big corset is not that gross, but the again, seeing the whole insides of a woman is not particularly sexy either.
Sep 12, 2012 2:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
How many chapters has it been before this moment? Too long!

Shame they cannot enjoy their encounter. Priscilla will wake up now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 17, 2012 2:31 PM

Mar 2011
Squeeeeeeeeeeee~~~~~~
Sep 27, 2012 6:13 PM

Jul 2011
Touchy Moment <3
Jan 10, 2013 2:42 AM

Aug 2007
Chapters 129 and 130 have been changed significantly by Yagi himself in the tankobon version. You can see details here:
Apr 5, 2013 2:40 PM

Feb 2013
ConfusedPerson said:
It doesn't really look like she has a scar..

Maybe jean doesn't have a scar because technically her body fully awakened but reverted back, as we've seen with other awakened beings they don't seem to have any trace of a scar anymore. So I'm guessing jeans short time fully awakened might have gotten rid of it. Of course its more likely that so early on in the series the author didn't really think about it to much =P.

Anyways really good chapter the long awaited Raki/Clare reunion was very touching and almost brought manly tears to my eyes, looking forward to what happens next I have no idea how they'll deal with Priscilla unless Clare got some huge power boost :/.
Jun 23, 2013 5:40 AM

Dec 2010
Ok the secret behind Claymores' bodies wasn't half that horrible as I've imagined, that's a relief.
Jun 27, 2013 9:52 AM
Jun 2013
grandy_UiD said:
AidanAK47 said:
What? Just stitches running down the torso? That's all it took to send those thieves away in revulsion? What pansies. I would still hit that.

Well from the looks of it, it goes aaaallll the way down. So there was this guro hentai manga I once read with that girl that was vertically cut in half and didn't notice and then did it with her guy and...okay enough of that. Let's just say it wasn't pretty ^^

(Too bad the name escapes me right now. It was probably a Kago Shintaro. Who else comes up with shit like that)
What king of manga is that, can you find the link?
Jun 28, 2013 6:04 PM

May 2013
The reunion didn't do it for me. Now if Clare and Teresa were to reunite...o man.
Sep 16, 2013 6:42 PM

Dec 2009
That's it? That's the secret behind a claymore's body? Stitches? I thought a yoma head was fused in their stomachs or something like that. Something more grotesque than stitches.

If I was in that universe, I would be having sex with as many claymores as I could before that, "no human killings allowed" rule faded away. Hell, I'd do it even if they had a yoma head in their torsos.
Dec 28, 2013 11:22 PM

Nov 2013
Umm...
only4anime said:
The reunion didn't do it for me. Now if Clare and Teresa were to reunite...o man.
I want Ilena & Clare to reunite, and to give me my right arm back!!!

Well, it doesn't really look like she's wearing a vag then, either.
Interested in Japanese dance songs? See this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=702085
Dec 29, 2013 12:58 AM

May 2013
But, but...you said you would grow back a new one in a few months, and since you're still alive you shouldn't be still missing your arm after so many years.
Jan 24, 2015 5:34 PM

Aug 2012
Culex said:
That's it? That's the secret behind a claymore's body? Stitches? I thought a yoma head was fused in their stomachs or something like that. Something more grotesque than stitches.

Pffft , seriously
Jan 24, 2015 6:03 PM

Nov 2014
alpir said:
Culex said:

Pffft , seriously

any specific reason your bumping every claymore chap as you read em to say and ask pretty much nothing?
Jan 25, 2015 6:54 AM

Aug 2012
I will ask your permission next time
Nov 14, 2015 8:41 PM

Feb 2012
Well, a lot of things happened!
The moment Clare and Raki met againg I almost cried, seriously, it was beautiful.
Nov 29, 2015 11:44 AM

Jun 2015
Great chapter, da feelings!! Imo it was quite well executed how Clare and Raki met again after 7 years. Yes maybe it was a bit rushed how she came out of the blob, but it was very good nonetheless. Clare left a kid and got a grown man back :OO
And finally the body secret was revealed. Maybe it's not as scary as someone could have thought but still, and almost opened body from neck to the bottom holded by stitches is pretty nasty!
And if they didn't apply the treatment fast her intestines would be coming out as Yuma said. I can imagine that even with the stitches the inbtwn line is not totally closed.
All in all, I'm very satisfied with how things occurred.
Jan 25, 2016 12:22 PM
Mar 2015
A few stitches is what people are terrified of a Claymore's body. I would still go for it man....
Jul 30, 2016 8:15 PM
Jun 2015
Ahh, this chapter is so hentai. Imagine being saved by ur boyfriend while u r completely naked and the scars and stitches on ur body are exposed as well :(
Jan 19, 2017 12:38 PM

Mar 2016
Hmmm I expected something way more horrifying than a little scar

Sep 10, 2017 10:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great chapter, for one side the meet between Raki and Clare and for other side the secret about the Claymores body was revelated!!!!
Dec 23, 2017 1:20 PM

Jun 2015
They finally show the stigma.

I really felt sorry for Clare, with her delicate body and unconscious state she falls out ad her guts spilling out. Good thing her comrades were there for her. And that hug I was waiting for it.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 30, 2018 7:10 PM

Nov 2016
I was honestly expecting something not so simple.

Still great chapter and reunion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 1, 2021 6:29 PM

Jan 2020
Ahhhhhhhh so that's how it is, not as horrifying as I imagined but quite a nice revelation I guess....that shocked me when Clare's body being ripped apart suddenly...
Oct 1, 2021 6:31 PM

Jan 2020
Well it's quite a touching reunion that Raki and Clare have this chapter.....
Oct 1, 2021 6:33 PM

Jan 2020
And ofc this means Priscilla is free as well....well Clare owe her anyway...
Jul 5, 2022 5:12 PM

Nov 2020
Oh my God, this chapter was simply amazing! I don't have a word to say, wow!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Mar 20, 2023 4:48 AM
Nov 2016
Really good chapter, the way she got out from that blob was a little bit too easy though, I expected more resistance or whatever but it's nice to see their reunion.

Raki should have a stronger bond with Priscilla though, Raki was with Clare for maybe a year or less but he was with Isley and Priscilla for 7 years so yeah, Priscilla isn't going to be too happy when she sees Raki simping over Clare.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

9 by saketsahu »»
May 4, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 2 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

12 by ShokuganYuriko »»
Apr 29, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.