Forums
New
Pages (75) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2013 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
SAO.
naruto, bleach, one piece.

thats pretty much it.

the big 3 because who the hell has time to waste on that many episodes, and from what ive seen of all 3 none of them held my interest.
and SAO due to the clusterfuck of hate/praise it gets, id rather not bother with the commotion, and i have better things to watch tbh.
Feb 24, 2013 6:48 AM

Feb 2013
i refuse to watch animes that have echhi or fanservice because that tells,in broad outlines, the seriousness of the show and now i´m into more serious animes.Sometimes it can be funny though(if we are talking about comedy or parody animes) but this kind of animes do not give me the "wow" feeling after i finished them.

animes that have 50+ animes or many seasons are algo a pain for me 24-26 chapters is the proper length in my opinion

Feb 24, 2013 7:00 AM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:
Anything that has 50+ episodes pretty much.

Too much of a time investment. I got shit to do.

You would love One Piece then.

Feb 24, 2013 7:09 AM
Jul 2012
One Piece,I can watch over 20 animes in that time -.-,waste of time...
Feb 24, 2013 7:23 AM

Mar 2012
Otome game adaptation.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 24, 2013 7:59 AM

Nov 2010
Rosaryn said:
Not if you get 20x the satisfaction from watching it.
Feb 24, 2013 8:05 AM

Dec 2012
professor-salt said:
One Piece. 500+ episodes is a huuuuge waste of my time.
one piece!
Feb 24, 2013 8:06 AM

Apr 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Rosaryn said:

I really find it funny how people just turn down the long-running shonens just because they're long. I mean, I'm going to college (takes up to 7-8 hrs on a full day) and I have to study. But I still find the time to watch them along with doing other necessary things. I also watch other anime.
Feb 24, 2013 8:17 AM

Mar 2012
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Rosaryn said:

I really find it funny how people just turn down the long-running shonens just because they're long. I mean, I'm going to college (takes up to 7-8 hrs on a full day) and I have to study. But I still find the time to watch them along with doing other necessary things. I also watch other anime.
Maybe their mindset is because it's long it's hard to catch up or to keep track on. But I think you can just watch one or two episode per day just like you watch other anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 24, 2013 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
Clannad. I'm sure it's as great as everyone says, but the art style is just hideous.
Feb 24, 2013 8:20 AM

Sep 2011
SirPigeon said:
Clannad. I'm sure it's as great as everyone says, but the art style is just hideous.
You do know its the same art style as every other kyo ani show right, the eyes may be slightly larger but thats not a art style, though its eyes are almost identical to haruhi's except the guys in it have different eyes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 24, 2013 8:25 AM

Mar 2011
Why would I? Be it yaoi, hentai, +500 episodes, or whatever; there is absolutely nothing I refuse to watch.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Feb 24, 2013 8:29 AM

Apr 2011
NeoAnkara said:
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Rosaryn said:

Maybe their mindset is because it's long it's hard to catch up or to keep track on. But I think you can just watch one or two episode per day just like you watch other anime.

Exactly. It's kinda stupid to think that because an anime is too long, it's a waste of time to watch it. I, myself, watch One Piece in an on-or-off schedule. I marathon it for about two or three days, then leave it for another couple of days (and repeat). It's not taxing and it's definitely worth it if the story is good or the anime is just simply entertaining enough.
Feb 24, 2013 8:59 AM

Jan 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
SirPigeon said:
You do know its the same art style as every other kyo ani show right, the eyes may be slightly larger but thats not a art style, though its eyes are almost identical to haruhi's except the guys in it have different eyes

Yes, because how eyes are drawn has nothing to do with art. (τ_τ )

Lets play Spot the Difference

So, how did we all do?
Feb 24, 2013 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
Clannad and Bakemonogatari. Too stupid :/
End Zionazism
Feb 24, 2013 10:19 AM

Mar 2012
Foxley88 said:

I watched the first scene :/ good music, boring everything else
End Zionazism
Feb 24, 2013 10:29 AM

Apr 2012
Everything Dragonball related, fans turned me off... big time.
Feb 24, 2013 10:40 AM

Apr 2011
Foxley88 said:
Yet another person that immedietely jumps to an ignorant conclusion about art. How about focusing on the visuals rather than just the EYES? What about the actual features that actually LOOK human like the body and what about the background colours? Key are praised for their top quality artwork so how can you say their artwork is hideous?

Because it's not his cup of tea. Art is something that is completely subjective to each person, so just because Key's art is "top quality", it can still be hideous to another person. Long story short, it's his opinion. Take me, for example. I'm pretty sure that Haruhi might be a very good anime, but I still refuse to watch it since my experience with it isn't good (seriously, falling asleep within 5 minutes in 3 different tries is rather horrendous and experience). Simply put, it wasn't my cup of tea, same as SirPigeon and Clannad's art.
Feb 24, 2013 10:44 AM
May 2012
yhunata said:
Foxley88 said:
Yet another person that immedietely jumps to an ignorant conclusion about art. How about focusing on the visuals rather than just the EYES? What about the actual features that actually LOOK human like the body and what about the background colours? Key are praised for their top quality artwork so how can you say their artwork is hideous?

Because it's not his cup of tea. Art is something that is completely subjective to each person, so just because Key's art is "top quality", it can still be hideous to another person. Long story short, it's his opinion. Take me, for example. I'm pretty sure that Haruhi might be a very good anime, but I still refuse to watch it since my experience with it isn't good (seriously, falling asleep within 5 minutes in 3 different tries is rather horrendous and experience). Simply put, it wasn't my cup of tea, same as SirPigeon and Clannad's art.

I realise that moe is not for everyone, don't get me wrong, but just looking at the eyes and ignoring everything else that is actually more subtle is pretty judgemental.
Feb 24, 2013 10:46 AM

Mar 2012
Foxley88 said:
yhunata said:
Foxley88 said:

I realise that moe is not for everyone, don't get me wrong, but just looking at the eyes and ignoring everything else that is actually more subtle is pretty judgemental.
It's a matter of preference. I for example doesn't like to watch anime with weird hair.
Feb 24, 2013 11:06 AM

Sep 2011
Naruto - I can't handle watching any filler episodes any more. I made it through Bleach, I had my fair share. Plus the fanbase is mostly 13 year old boys.

DBZ - No.

Bakemonogatari series - It's just the 2 characters talking and then the "camera" zooming into various body parts of the female character. I can't do it. Overrated and over-hyped. The art is cool by itself. Too bad it's wasted on a series that's overrun with tsunderes.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Feb 24, 2013 11:14 AM

Apr 2011
Foxley88 said:

Not saying you are. Moe isn't for everyone, that too I know. Why, just a look at our fellow member I_Am_Biased, or even good ol' Date will tell you all you need to know on that aspect.

The thing is, to judge a show by it's artwork, no matter how stupid it may seem or is, nobody has the right to call that judgmental. In the end, it still falls on preference. And let's be honest, the eyes in Clannad is enough to throw anyone off. I, myself, were refusing to watch it for a long time, despite my open-mindedness, simply due to eye designs.

And from what you said before (in the post I originally quoted), you seem to have implied that the eyes weren't such an important aspect. Why, you are very wrong in that. The eyes can make or break a character. Eyes, naturally, are the first thing (most) humans will look at. Therefore, eyes are, truly, the most important factor in an artwork of a human being (or any other living being, with eyes, for that matter).
Feb 24, 2013 11:42 AM
May 2012
yhunata said:
Foxley88 said:

Not saying you are. Moe isn't for everyone, that too I know. Why, just a look at our fellow member I_Am_Biased, or even good ol' Date will tell you all you need to know on that aspect.

The thing is, to judge a show by it's artwork, no matter how stupid it may seem or is, nobody has the right to call that judgmental. In the end, it still falls on preference. And let's be honest, the eyes in Clannad is enough to throw anyone off. I, myself, were refusing to watch it for a long time, despite my open-mindedness, simply due to eye designs.

And from what you said before (in the post I originally quoted), you seem to have implied that the eyes weren't such an important aspect. Why, you are very wrong in that. The eyes can make or break a character. Eyes, naturally, are the first thing (most) humans will look at. Therefore, eyes are, truly, the most important factor in an artwork of a human being (or any other living being, with eyes, for that matter).

You really have a valid point on that. And the eyes can tell someone's character, which is very true but if one thing is bad but the rest is good then it isn't exactly hideous artwork. If a character's entire features looked horrible then I would definetely see some truth in that and enough to call it horrible, but I suppose once you get used to it it's not that bad. And the guy's eyes in Clannad are okay. It's just the girls. Tomoya's eyes look close enough to being more realistic.
Feb 24, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2012
Clannad/AS-It is overhyped as hell and it ISN'T for anyone(come at me fanboys).Those damn uglyass eyes and character designs plus the fact that there are people like me who don't really enjoy emotional crap like that.I dropped it at episode 6-7 and i will never watch it and the sequel.
Feb 24, 2013 1:32 PM

Apr 2009
Harem series. I can't imagine enjoying having to watch five+ stereotypical teenage girls going after the same guy, crying and backstabbing and reconciliating... Harem shows just write female characters in a way that disgusts me.

Long (52+) shounen/comedy series without a clear central plot and a bazillion fillers. Short comedy series are fine but otherwise I really hate stuff like slapstick comedy in anime, or characters that deliver all their lines shrieking like a banshee: yelling something doesn't make it funny.
Feb 24, 2013 1:35 PM

Sep 2012
anything with lesbians or fags

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2013 1:37 PM

Aug 2012
OceanView said:
anything with lesbians or fags

That's quite the way to put it.
Shinimiras said:
Harem series. I can't imagine enjoying having to watch five+ stereotypical teenage girls going after the same guy, crying and backstabbing and reconciliating... Harem shows just write female characters in a way that disgusts me.

I've watched harem shows before. Doesn't make me want to watch one ever again for the reasons stated above.
Feb 24, 2013 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
JavierR said:
yhunata said:
toybox said:
yhunata said:
Mert said:
95% of all Shounens.

For someone who hates so much of shounens, you sure do rate them rather highly.

those must be the other 5% :D

Or maybe he doesn't know that Shonen is a demographic and thinks that Shonen means Naruto, One Piece and Bleach.

like everyone else <_<

Shounens are way to simple, childish and the characters are way to heroic. They usually think with their heart instead of their brain. Like in the 2nd arc of SAO, when Kirito was against Sugou Naboyuki (the dude that wanted to marry asuna), Kirito gave him a sword, a chance. It really makes me drop a show.

I should rate them lower, now that ive seen better anime which are actually worth an 8.
MertFeb 24, 2013 1:55 PM
Feb 24, 2013 1:45 PM

Aug 2012
Lucky Star. The opening killed it.
Feb 24, 2013 1:46 PM

Jan 2013
Basilisk. Too boring for me.
Feb 24, 2013 1:48 PM
Feb 2013
Pretty much any anime series that has too many episodes, such as Bleach or Naruto. Although, I would watch something like Dragonball or Dragonball Z.
Feb 24, 2013 2:07 PM

Aug 2012
Jeller said:
DBZ, One Piece, yu gi oh and all the other long animes... they seem so endeless...

this ^
You best be joking, nigger.
Feb 24, 2013 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
Foxley88 said:
...but just looking at the eyes and ignoring everything else that is actually more subtle is pretty judgmental.

can't tell if you're talking about me, looks like a comment was deleted or something...

But, as I mentioned, I refuse to watch it. That is, I never have seen even a second of the show, only pictures like what I posted. So all I really know about the style is how the characters are drawn, and I can't really judge the background artwork.

(also, I'm 'a rant some more, and don't bother arguing, this is one of those "just a feeling" opinions)
Feb 24, 2013 2:53 PM
Jan 2012
professor-salt said:
One Piece. 500+ episodes is a huuuuge waste of my time.

No, no it is not.

Anywas, I don't think I'll ever watch Yu Gi Oh. I mean, first few eps, forgot which one, his grandpa pretty much died because he lost a card battle. Too cheesy, I got a great laugh out of it though.
Feb 24, 2013 5:23 PM

Dec 2012
Cowboy Bebop, Clannad, Air

For Bebop, it's been hyped up so much that unless it cures cancer I will end up disappointed.

For Clannad and Air, I have been told they're sad so often that if I ever watch one of them, my Cynical Iron Armor will be so thick I'll be bored no matter how tragic things actually are.
Feb 24, 2013 5:24 PM

Jan 2013
DrCakey said:
For Clannad, I have been told they're sad so often that if I ever watch one of them, my Cynical Iron Armor will be so thick I'll be bored no matter how tragic things actually are.

No you wont.
Feb 24, 2013 5:26 PM

Dec 2012
Solvite said:
DrCakey said:
For Clannad, I have been told they're sad so often that if I ever watch one of them, my Cynical Iron Armor will be so thick I'll be bored no matter how tragic things actually are.

No you wont.

You don't understand. If I'm annoyed, my emotions turn off. I basically slept through Elfen Lied. Now I'm not comparing Clannad to Elfen Lied, but I hope my example is illustrative of my unique mental state.
Feb 24, 2013 5:31 PM
Jul 2012
Solvite said:
DrCakey said:

No you wont.

This it is not that boring what you think
Feb 24, 2013 5:32 PM

Oct 2012
DrCakey said:
Solvite said:
DrCakey said:

No you wont.

You don't understand. If I'm annoyed, my emotions turn off. I basically slept through Elfen Lied. Now I'm not comparing Clannad to Elfen Lied, but I hope my example is illustrative of my unique mental state.

The girls will definitely be obnoxious for you in Clannad. Just think of "Nyu" x100.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Feb 24, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2012
Tavor said:
DrCakey said:
Solvite said:
DrCakey said:

No you wont.

The girls will definitely be obnoxious for you in Clannad. Just think of "Nyu" x100.

But if you can get past that you're pretty much golden.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Feb 24, 2013 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
DrCakey said:
Solvite said:
DrCakey said:

No you wont.

Thats probably because Elfen Lied spends 5 episodes telling you a story you figured out in the first episode.
Feb 24, 2013 5:47 PM

Jun 2012
LOGH is something I'm really interested in but the old art and big length just make it really hard for me to even consider.
Feb 24, 2013 6:10 PM

Jan 2013
1.Ecchi/Hentai genre, or series with excessive fanservice except Da Capo series
2.Series that >50 episode except yu-gi-oh series

those are the animes i refuse to watch
Feb 24, 2013 8:21 PM

Jul 2012
dragon balll z
highscool of the dead
nauroto

well I was going too say inuyasha but now that I think about it i might try that.
Feb 24, 2013 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
Tavor said:

What is this... I don't even...
Feb 24, 2013 9:01 PM

Apr 2011
Mert said:
Shounens are way to simple, childish and the characters are way to heroic. They usually think with their heart instead of their brain. Like in the 2nd arc of SAO, when Kirito was against Sugou Naboyuki (the dude that wanted to marry asuna), Kirito gave him a sword, a chance. It really makes me drop a show.

I should rate them lower, now that ive seen better anime which are actually worth an 8.

While I ain't someone who like "thinking with the heart", you have to understand that it's more liked b the demographic that they're targeting. I've seen loads of shonen worth an 8, hell even a 9. You're being blinded because you're not looking past that.
Feb 24, 2013 9:05 PM

Jan 2013
SAO Spoilers

Feb 24, 2013 9:47 PM
Jul 2018
Forgetfulness said:
Zero no Tsukaima season 4. I already took 2.5 seasons of that bullshit, not going through the effort of completing it.

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.
Feb 24, 2013 11:25 PM

Oct 2010
I don't want to be mean or anything, but when did this thread become "anime you dropped"?
Pages (75) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

15 by Fischer77 »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

55 by Fischer77 »»
10 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.