Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2012 9:21 PM
Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow.. It really appears that Fukuda and that rubik's cube guy are plants by JAXA.
Jul 14, 2012 9:42 PM

Feb 2012
thunderrain said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Wow.. It really appears that Fukuda and that rubik's cube guy are plants by JAXA.

I wouldn't really call them "plants"

Because if you paid attention, monkey boy was a bit displeased (and also brushed off the whole clock thing) coming out of the examination room. He's obviously going to be the one responsible for the alarm when Team A has to deal with it. The same goes with Fukuda and rubik's cube guy, I'm sure they were just give a task and told to keep quiet about it.
Jul 14, 2012 9:58 PM

Jul 2008
jimjameswhatever said:
thunderrain said:

Because if you paid attention, monkey boy was a bit displeased (and also brushed off the whole clock thing) coming out of the examination room. He's obviously going to be the one responsible for the alarm when Team A has to deal with it. The same goes with Fukuda and rubik's cube guy, I'm sure they were just give a task and told to keep quiet about it.

That sound better than them being JAXA's agents
Jul 14, 2012 10:17 PM

Feb 2012
Maddo_scientisto said:
jimjameswhatever said:
thunderrain said:

That sound better than them being JAXA's agents

agents, plants, etc. doesn't really describe their roles properly. I'm pretty sure they're normal contestants in the test, but were given the unfortunate task of breaking the clock or making the alarm go off (you can see that monkey boy planted the alarm in that room after his examinations).

My guess is that JAXA wants to see how team members react to problems regarding a single person. Mutta went about the right way and tried to calm people down, whereas the other young guy in another team was making a huge fuss over it.
Jul 15, 2012 2:41 AM
Jun 2008
The mystery are slowly revealing its truth .
I really enjoy watching this episode and also the opinion given from this and previous episode.It makes me felt as if the author are testing our wisdom as well.

Serika cook too much food. Must be a conspiracy from Jaxa lol

This episode's C group are completely ignored.
MorningGloryJul 15, 2012 3:00 AM
Jul 15, 2012 3:52 AM
Oct 2011
The whole mystery about who they exactly are would be solved if we analyzed the term "The Green Ones", I really can't think of anything though. There's also the mystery about how the other 6 or 7 at the beginning of the 3rd test suddenly appear despite them not appearing in the 2nd and 1st exams (which actually works as a back-up for the theories of 2 plants or whatever they are in each group) it sounds really fishy. Furuya is probably in the same boat as Fukuda, they both are suspicious.

I liked the conflict in the 2nd group, that guy being jealous of Kenji and trying to blame everything on him.

Another great episode and I'm looking forward to see what's the real deal behind what's happening, I really hope this show is a 4-cour anime.
Jul 15, 2012 5:07 AM

Feb 2012
The time always passes so fast when I am watching this..
Jul 15, 2012 5:56 AM

Aug 2008
Haha, I have absolutely no idea how the poeple in Group C looked like!
So, there are 4 days left... with not enough foods... ><
Candor said:
Another great episode and I'm looking forward to see what's the real deal behind what's happening, I really hope this show is a 4-cour anime.

BTW: UCHUU KYOUDAI IS GOING TO BE MORE THAN A TWO COUR ANIME!
Click Here
Uchuu Kyoudai would still be around in early november! That's a good news!| :D
KuriniJul 15, 2012 5:59 AM
Jul 15, 2012 6:19 AM
Oct 2011
Kurini said:
Haha, I have absolutely no idea how the poeple in Group C looked like!
So, there are 4 days left... with not enough foods... ><
Candor said:

BTW: UCHUU KYOUDAI IS GOING TO BE MORE THAN A TWO COUR ANIME!
Click Here
Uchuu Kyoudai would still be around in early november! That's a good news!| :D
I actually read once that it's gonna be a 48+ anime but I heard it was not confirmed yet, I couldn't find any reliable source. That's some really interesting news though, SB airing in November and the Astronaut recording a cameo, that's the 2nd of a kind in this show, and from the look at it, it looks like Uchuu Kyoudai is doing a good job in Japan.
Jul 15, 2012 8:07 AM

Jul 2011
Most underrated anime of the year.
Jul 15, 2012 8:16 AM

May 2008
You have Cancer ! LOLED MY ASS . Though the A team probably has more of a problem due to the food shortage as well . Being hungry really makes it hard to be an astronaut :(

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 15, 2012 8:27 AM
Oct 2011
Lately said:
Most underrated anime of the year.
Seconded.
Jul 15, 2012 8:57 AM
Oct 2010
jimjameswhatever said:
This is it most likely. I wonder if Mutta will solve the mystery, since among the rest he's the one with the most clues.

I guess this particular situation is made to test their response to trolling blunders/mishaps without a clear guilty party.
AjunkyJul 15, 2012 9:00 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 15, 2012 11:56 AM

Feb 2012
Ajunky said:
jimjameswhatever said:
This is it most likely. I wonder if Mutta will solve the mystery, since among the rest he's the one with the most clues.

I guess this particular situation is made to test their response to trolling blunders/mishaps without a clear guilty party.

It's really important to not sweat the small stuff. The reason why I don't think Furuya is a plant by Jaxa is because he looked displeased. Fukuda on the other hand, looked more suspicious, but then what was the whole point of his episode? If he wasn't an actual contestant why the hell would they dedicate a whole episode on him? Just seems unlikely you know?
Jul 15, 2012 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
I'm surprised most of them packed up the puzzle and returned it. Extrapolating from Mutta's personality, I would have assumed he'd finish it as well. Glad to hear Uchuu Kyuoudai may be around quite a bit longer; I'd be disappointed otherwise considering how many episodes they're dedicating to this test.

jimjameswhatever said:
Because if you paid attention, monkey boy was a bit displeased (and also brushed off the whole clock thing) coming out of the examination room. He's obviously going to be the one responsible for the alarm when Team A has to deal with it.

Or, you know, he just really has hemorrhoids. It's quite serious.
MissileSoupJul 15, 2012 12:01 PM
Jul 15, 2012 3:39 PM

May 2008
Was another great episode. And the plot thickens once again :p.
Really curious to find out what the deal is with all those mishaps and the ones responsible.

On another note, I noticed something weird about that capsule where Team B is staying. When Teshima was looking for the clock you could clearly see yellow taping on the floor.

But wasn't that tape placed by Monkey boy during that episode where he asked for new glasses for Fukuda? Seems like they switched capsules somehow. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure.

Jul 15, 2012 4:28 PM

May 2011
Seeing Mutta thinking about his past with his brother again made me feel as warm as if I were under an articificial source of sunlight as well. The chirping was a welcome bit of fun in the difficult time they are facing.
Jul 15, 2012 5:18 PM

May 2010
HEHE so much trolling Muta daydreaming haha never enough time for this show, are they being hypnotize or are they plants?
HydnlifeJul 15, 2012 5:21 PM
Jul 15, 2012 7:38 PM
Jan 2011
basabeo said:
The time always passes so fast when I am watching this..

I know what you feel!

All the theories are really interesting, I'm curious what's the actual deal though...

Jul 15, 2012 9:31 PM

Apr 2010
JAXA has to behind this! I bet that they are creating internal strife between the Teams on purpose!

And no one cares about Team C. lol

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Jul 15, 2012 11:08 PM

Oct 2011
Agggh i want anothter episooooodeeee RIGHT NOW!
Jul 15, 2012 11:21 PM

Feb 2012
Who cares about team C, theres no one important there.
I loved when Serika was thinking
" We cant fix the clock, but we can fix our friendship"
And then Mutta says it out loud loool
ze_dos_cavalosJul 15, 2012 11:30 PM
Jul 15, 2012 11:29 PM

Feb 2012
ItachiMangekyo said:
On another note, I noticed something weird about that capsule where Team B is staying. When Teshima was looking for the clock you could clearly see yellow taping on the floor.

But wasn't that tape placed by Monkey boy during that episode where he asked for new glasses for Fukuda? Seems like they switched capsules somehow. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure.

That yellow taping is in all capsules, its there when anyone needs to ask something from jaxa like monkey boy did
Jul 16, 2012 3:32 AM

Nov 2011
ze_dos_cavalos said:

I loved when Serika was thinking
" We cant fix the clock, but we can fix our friendship"
And then Mutta says it out loud loool

Ikr

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 17, 2012 6:50 AM

Jan 2011
Cliffhanger, it seems that people are being chosen for 'annoying' the others and that they're called green ones. Interesting.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 17, 2012 2:35 PM

Feb 2010
So we finally get a name.."the green ones"... oh you mischievous JAXA you!

2 plants/green ones per capsule... makes sense!

<3 this show. So underrated and awesome.
Jul 18, 2012 4:23 PM

Jun 2008
AHHHHHHHHH what is going on!! So seems the shorty will be responsible for the alarm huh... damn. This is getting better and better. NEXT EPISODE NAO!!
Jul 19, 2012 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
I bet the second "green one" in team B is Teshima because after they found the clock in the capsule the guy with the rubiks cube looked straight to him and he also looked around to search someone who could suspect him for hiding the clock and he was even more nervous than usual.
Very suspicious.

The 3rd exam is very intense and exciting.
In my opinion Uchuu Kyoudai is the best anime currently ongoing .
Holy_GrahamSep 16, 2014 12:32 PM
Dec 1, 2012 6:14 AM
Nov 2011
ItachiMangekyo said:
Was another great episode. And the plot thickens once again :p.
Really curious to find out what the deal is with all those mishaps and the ones responsible.

'

I don't know if that's the same room that monkey boy used, but the tape is to show them where to stand to be seen by the camera I think.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 26, 2012 12:05 PM

Jul 2009
So both the clock and alarm are from JAXA ... by the health check-ups, it looks like. Tomii and Teshima in team B and Fukuda and Furuya in team A. It certainly makes everyone else suspicious ... well, what better than to test stress levels? :P
I can't believe Mutta actually said the friendship thing ... he and Serika think alike don't they? XD
Ah, so worrying about his daughter is really getting to Kenji ... I don't blame him, but still ... it was obviously meant to get to him and it has. I think he might have figured it out that it's from JAXA when he realized that the alarm was coming from the floor ...? :O
Haha I LOLed at Furuya and Hibito getting a comparison on Mutta's mind XD "Isn't the Skylark just a bird?" LOL XD
Food shortage is serious business though ... I don't really blame Serika for keeping quiet and just eating less, but she'll have to bring it up eventually. Luckily they've only got four more days ... it's finally coming to an end! :O
Jan 31, 2014 2:20 AM

Jul 2012
Ahh, so it was JAXA causing them to fight amongst one another.
Jul 22, 2014 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
Now I'm really suspecting that there are some among the teams that aren't actually participants to become an astronaut..

Also, what happened to Team C? Lol, they pretty much faded in the backgrounds in the last few episodes.
Aug 9, 2014 6:11 PM

Nov 2011
Yeeaaaah. Either someone's a plant, or someone is being told by JAXA to cause problems. The same thing is happening with multiple teams, so that's the only thing that makes sense.

The food problem, on the other hand... xD

Preview aside, they might have to rough it for their last day or two.
Mar 28, 2015 4:09 PM

Jun 2009
Looks like group A has another green one!
Nov 9, 2015 6:17 AM
Dec 2009
Even though things move really slowly in this series each individual episode goes by fast. Great pacing and dialogue.

Not sure what they're going to do about their food...
Nov 12, 2015 1:39 AM

Mar 2012
Ah so they don't work for JAXA but are just told to do those things during the meeting with the doc. Pretty interesting.
Dec 5, 2016 6:08 PM

May 2015
So Fukuda-san and Rubik-kun working for JAXA? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Zeeee!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 25, 2016 8:20 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 16 - Alarm, but No Clock:

Superb Mutta you were thinking the same that was thinking Serika.

So it can be that Fukuda and Tomii are Jaxa members and are testing the temas, the problem is Fukuda flashback. Or maybe they are not jaxa member but instead, participants that get a second chance, the green ones, that have the mission to disturb the team with the clock and the alarm.

In the end is a hint, Jaxa is probably commanding the participant to do what they want.

Serika sure does a lot of food.

4/5
Sep 10, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2012
Hmm, this sure is getting interesting, especially now that compartiment A also has this now!
Mar 3, 2018 6:53 AM

Feb 2013
Could Fukuda-san and that weird guy be there to annoy them?
Maybe they are working for Jaxa.
Oct 20, 2020 4:13 PM

Dec 2007
damn the anime getting better and better each episode.

LoL at mutta and seriks thinking the same xD

serika sure failed at keeping the meals, hope things will work out somehow.

wonder what are "the green ones".

and things are pretty fishy in team B.
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Jul 2015
For a supposed group of smart adults, I really wonder how none of them noticed the food shortage especially with the excessive portions made by Serika

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

CuriousThing - May 5, 2012

59 by zugzwank »»
Jan 18, 2:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.