Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 3, 2008 8:36 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A good way to start an anime. No mention of Saber yet. That Tohsaka Rin; no wonder she's so popular.

I really should watch this in HQ.
Feb 1, 2009 11:09 AM

Sep 2008
finally started watching since my dvds just arrived :) i want saber to appear D:
Apr 9, 2009 10:28 AM

Feb 2008
It's a shame that I started this show now and not years earlier. Because this looks really promising. Really liked this episode.
May 2, 2009 8:40 PM

Oct 2008
Interesting..

So, that's Tohsaka Rin?

So, this is the most popular series of TYPE-MOON?
May 24, 2009 10:52 PM

Jul 2008
Hmm, not too great. Let me get some action and then I'll be able to judge it.
Aug 3, 2009 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
Not bad for a first episode, I guess... I'm just mad that Saber didn't show up yet... But I'm pretty sure she'll show up in the next episode anyway.
Aug 21, 2009 3:08 PM

Aug 2008
Yeh not a bad way bad to start an anime... Well it's a plain way to do it, but hey we need the whole history behind all the plot ne? So this little intro was nice... The looks of the Tohsaka girl are awesome... And Shirou looks like a nice guy.... But looks like things will go wilder from now on.... Sakura was the moe girl for sure.... Fujimura-sensei is the comical relief.... And this Servants are the action factor.... But why are you whinning about summoning Saber? Is she that kewl? Who's that anyway??? XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2009 3:28 PM

Aug 2009
I was kinda bored actually. I hope it'll get better as I keep watching :]

Yeesh I hate when fans complain about stupid shit like whoever this Saber person is when they just watched the first episode. Have they ever heard of something called story build-up?!

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Sep 28, 2009 10:52 AM

Jul 2009
I've heard good things about this anime and it seemed ok to begin with. I'll reserve judgment til I watch some more.
Nov 2, 2009 8:56 PM

Jan 2009
Hmmm...kinda a slow start, but the art is nice and the story seems intriguing. I'll give it a shot.

BTW, the THORA fansubs for this film are incredible!

Nov 16, 2009 2:00 AM

Jun 2009
nothing interesting really happened... Even Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima got a much better start...

but since this is said to be the best show of 2006, and a lot of my friends are crazy about it, I'll wait and see why...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2010 6:45 AM

Nov 2009
De-JaY said:
It's a shame that I started this show now and not years earlier. Because this looks really promising. Really liked this episode.

And so i watch it abit over year myself. Yeah this does look promising, ive heard many good things about it too
Jan 25, 2010 9:58 AM

Oct 2009
nice episode. Tohsaka is my favorite tsundere. Delicious tsundere is delicious

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Feb 17, 2010 8:54 PM

Sep 2009
I finally decided to start this series, I hope it's as good as it is popular.
Mar 3, 2010 4:34 PM

Dec 2008
It was alright, a somewhat slow start but sure enough the next episode looks more interesting. And Sabre will make her debut, nice! (n_n)/
Jun 1, 2010 4:46 PM

Mar 2010
Selkaine said:

Yeesh I hate when fans complain about stupid shit like whoever this Saber person is when they just watched the first episode. Have they ever heard of something called story build-up?!

Agreed. And it was a kinda boring episode but I have a friend who was a raving lunatic for it, so I'm gonna go a little farther in before judging.
Jun 6, 2010 6:15 AM
Sep 2009
didn't explain as much as the vn and had nowhere near enough on archer and rin :(
Jul 22, 2010 4:57 AM

Jun 2008
I saw Copenhagen on that box *he was carrying! Awesome!
Hehehe.
*I think it was that one...
Don't make me mad..! Because of I'm getting so tired when I'm angry...
Jul 26, 2010 9:35 AM

Sep 2009
A good first episode, i think i'll watch a few more before i make any decisions about it tho! But so far so good! :)

Aug 12, 2010 3:07 AM

Jun 2009
It's freakin' metal!!

Slow start but the system interest me
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 2, 2010 8:46 AM

Oct 2009
A bit slow, but pretty good start.
Sep 4, 2010 2:37 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah, it was a slow start. Hopefully some good action will go down next episode!
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Sep 17, 2010 3:21 PM
Jul 2010
Hum... It was interesting. I've heard good things about this show and I love the character designs. So I have high expectations.

As for the first episode, I didn't find it boring at all. Introducing Shirou that deeply sounds like a good way to start imo and the premise presented seemed really promising. Gotta wait to see ;)
Oct 3, 2010 12:17 PM

Dec 2009
Interesting first episode. I hope we'll get more of Rin and her archer ...
Feb 10, 2011 1:01 AM

Aug 2010
Character design is good, art is eye pleasing, story, still developing.
May 8, 2011 6:04 AM

Jul 2009
'Interested in mysterious gas spills & homicidal robberies ? Come to town X (they haven't mentioned the city's name, or am i wrong), we have plenty of those.'

That would be the current ad for that city in some conversation
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 29, 2011 6:09 AM

Oct 2008
Seems good. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 13, 2011 7:24 PM
Jul 2009
I saw this about the same time it was starting out, but I didn't look much more into it but episode by episode at the time. Now that more of the story has come out and revilations about the chars and ties to the past are given from the other parts, alot of this story makes some more sense. Like Illisvil calling Emia brother for one, and now I get why, Tousaka end up summoning that archer guy. She basically uses herself as the summon item, and the only hero anchored to her is a future Emia.
Oct 27, 2011 11:18 PM

Jun 2009
Decided to slowly re-watch this alongside the Visual Novel. I wonder what the people who complain about the slow start of the anime would think of the Visual Novel? Which has a 3-5 hour prologue and doesn't even introduce Saber until 3 or so hours after that.

What the novel gains by this length of time is establishing a few general rules of the War and establishing Shirou and Tohsaka's character. Still, the anime seemed to do a decent job in this first episode of showing Shirou's past, though I don't think his "scars" are all that well explored. But, we'll see going forward. Tohsaka's characterization was basically skipped, but i have an idea of what Studio Deen was going for with this so I'll reserve my judgements for later.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 5, 2011 11:18 AM

Jun 2009
Markr24 said:

Umm.. Could you please add spoiler tags to your comment? This is a topic for 1st ep. and many people might get spoiled by your comment. Especially that part about Archer and Shirou which is more or less revelead in 14ep and movie.
Apr 29, 2012 6:16 PM

Jan 2012
This was a pretty slow start
May 5, 2012 7:32 AM
Jan 2012
Yawn... Almost slept when watching
Hope it gets better in the second episode

Emiya is a very boring character =/ blahblah help people blahblah
Jul 22, 2012 3:15 PM

Mar 2012
Surprised to see how Sakura ended up as being a normal and kind girl after growing up with all these bugs and {spoiler from FZ}
KhalanJul 22, 2012 3:22 PM
Jul 22, 2012 3:50 PM
Dec 2007
Khalan3 said:
Surprised to see how Sakura ended up as being a normal and kind girl after growing up with all these bugs and {spoiler from FZ}
Heh, you should play the VN and see her route if you really think that. You get enough clues that something is wrong with her in the Prologue of the Visual Novel alone.

Jul 22, 2012 6:33 PM

Aug 2009
Khalan3 said:

Sakura cold-heartedly killed
No not at all.You must have watched something else
ssjokgJul 22, 2012 6:36 PM
Jul 25, 2012 2:05 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
Khalan3 said:

Always though she pushed him in the bugs; but rewatched FZ final episode and couldn't clearly see whether she pushed him or he did just drop dead. Suppose you read the LN; so you should be right.

But either way her reaction was very coldhearted, suppose I will find out soon enough she's not a normal girl.
Jul 25, 2012 4:22 AM
Dec 2007
Khalan3 said:
ssjokg said:
Khalan3 said:

Always though she pushed him in the bugs; but rewatched FZ final episode and couldn't clearly see whether she pushed him or he did just drop dead. Suppose you read the LN; so you should be right.

But either way her reaction was very coldhearted, suppose I will find out soon enough she's not a normal girl.
She was taught in a year not to disobey her grandfather.

Just as a little clue into how Sakura is different between Zero and Stay Night. Just think on "why" Sakura spends every single day at Shirou's house.

Aug 21, 2012 6:13 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty awesome first episode, but the main character being a naive protector of justice is a bit worrisome. But good episode none the less!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 18, 2012 8:32 AM

Jul 2012
Wow the characters look so much like Kara no Kyoukai ...I just figured to myself they had to have the same creator with the eyes and all especially shirou he looks like one the male characters in the Kara no Kyoukai movie the same hair and everything lol
Dec 3, 2012 1:16 PM

May 2012
Interesting first episode, they do have a good way of expressing the humor but I'm sure they require this amount of humor level to keep the show intact and still interesting until the end.

The story of this first episodes takes quite some time in the future from Fate/Zero and if I'm right we saw a short scene with Ilya in it near ending.

Quite interesting non the less I was discouraged to watch this because of the prequel but well lets see what this season actually hast to offer!
Dec 8, 2012 4:15 PM

Oct 2012
Well, first ep is kinda speedup when comparing to game but every important thing is there so it's a good start :)
Feb 4, 2013 11:32 PM

Jul 2008
Heh, watching Zero first gives a different perspective on this series I imagine.
Mar 4, 2013 1:03 PM

Jan 2012
Well, I'm watching this right after finishing Zero and I have to say I was bored like hell.

Jun 12, 2013 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
yeah finally watching fate/stay night.. well first episode.. my comment is amazing.. its cool.. looks like we see rin, ilya, shiro, and kirei :3

btw the art is not as good fate/zero.. :/
and kiritsugu is dead T,T no that old man is dead.. T.T

oh and what make me sooooo.. fahking dissapointed is I cant see any more from rin or ilya.. I just see some cute from sakura -_- but I have a feeling she is not a good guy, I know it from fate/zero :(
YokamotaJun 13, 2013 4:20 AM
Jun 13, 2013 3:05 AM

Aug 2009
makarov52 said:
yeah finally watching fate/stay night.. well first episode.. my comment is amazing.. its cool.. looks like we see rin, ilya, shiro, and kirei :3

oh and what make me sooooo.. fahking dissapointed is I cant see any more from rin or ilya.. I just see some cute from haruka -_- but I have a feeling she is not a good guy, I know it from fate/zero :(

Kiritsugu died in the last scene of FZ.

And no, Sakura isnt evil.
Jun 13, 2013 3:37 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
makarov52 said:

oh and what make me sooooo.. fahking dissapointed is I cant see any more from rin or ilya.. I just see some cute from haruka -_- but I have a feeling she is not a good guy, I know it from fate/zero :(

Oh, so Makorov mean Sakura instead of "Haruka". I was honestly confused as to who he meant.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 13, 2013 3:48 AM

Aug 2009
insan3soldiern said:
ssjokg said:
makarov52 said:

Oh, so Makorov mean Sakura instead of "Haruka". I was honestly confused as to who he meant.

Not as bad as changing Iri to Ril that someone else did.
Jun 13, 2013 4:17 AM

Nov 2012
ssjokg said:
insan3soldiern said:
ssjokg said:
makarov52 said:

Not as bad as changing Iri to Ril that someone else did.

lol XD yeah I'm always wrong.. always writing sakura as haruka lol XD

btw @ssjokg really? she is not evil? :/ well so far she is not looking any bad :3 well actually I say she is evil because in f/z she was looked like really love when seeing kariya died in *who was it the grandfather's name?" home.. she say "that's why you dont hear grandfather" or something like that :/ idk that sub is right or not :/
Jun 13, 2013 4:19 AM

Nov 2012
btw @ssjokg kiritsugu died in last scene of F/Z? ah I dont see it :/ what I see is he talking to shiro about he (kiritsugu) was wanted to be a hero.. :/ am I must see again? :3
Jun 13, 2013 6:40 AM

Aug 2009
Makarov try to edit your posts so that you dont double post...

In the end of FZ ,Sakura says that as a realization,not hatred or sadism.That is the final "lesson" form Zouken.In more detail that part from the novel:

Kiritsugu's death wasnt shown in the anime but he dies right after his final line.I think that Shirou's flashback in FSN shows that but I could be wrong since I saw FSN 3-4 years ago.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
2 hours ago

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.