Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2012 3:53 PM

Jun 2009
Really nice ending to what was a charming and funny show. Teared up a bit when they were writing in the notebook near the end. Was a really fun and interesting romance anime.

4/5 - Funny, haunting, charming, and fun. Did good work with all of it's genres, and avoided a lot of cliches... though not all. Really enjoyed it.
Jul 12, 2012 8:41 AM

Mar 2010
It's sad to see a show that had such promise end up so bad. First half was nothing but pointless romance and ecchi. Second half was when it got good and finally had a story. That story was very good and interesting (ignoring the fact that it was nearly a rip off of Enma Ai's past) but they just had to mess up at the last episode. Not only everything that happened in it could be over in 10 minutes but the ending itself was just awful. The sad ending would be a perfect solution to everything and it would make sense. Now, we ended up with a sort of good ending that made no sense and in future would create more trouble than it solved. 3/5 for the epsiode and 6/10 for the show. The first half destroyed it for me.
Jul 12, 2012 9:26 AM

Jul 2012
Sniff Sniff, ah Pero Pero Pero.
Jul 13, 2012 8:05 AM
Sep 2011
I hate to be the guy who dislikes it but is it me or was this episode quite...pointless? I mean really the episode ended at the exact same place episode 11 ended, with the two of them becoming a couple and living happily ever after. I must also admit I didn't shed any tears sadly because since I heard there would be another episode after 11 I assumed it would be a "goodbye" episode. Overall good series, but I would remember it so much more fondly if Yuko would have jsut stayed dead sadly. 7.5/10(I can't decide wether or not to put it down to 7 for the ending so for now I will just put it between that and the origional score)
Jul 16, 2012 7:12 PM

Oct 2011
nice ending, i really don't like bad endings so this is what i wanted

i'm looking forward for the ova but i don't really need a 2nd season because it finished just fine.. well if they bring up something realistic it's ok to make 2nd season.. but if it's just to sell more stuff they should just stop
Jul 16, 2012 10:12 PM

Jul 2012
that must suck 60 years of boredom haha
Cty Best mid
Jul 17, 2012 3:42 AM
Nov 2008
As a whole I thought this was a great series, Yuko really made the show worth watching. I felt almost cheated by the ending after such a strong good bye scene though, the setting and music for it was so captivating only to have it completely negated a few minutes later with a quick happy end =/
Jul 18, 2012 12:43 AM

Mar 2011
Oh yay, This ending was awesome:D happy endings ftw! gave me a few tears too:)
Jul 19, 2012 9:32 AM

Dec 2009
The ending was simply awesome. 10/10
Jul 19, 2012 7:08 PM

Nov 2011
Emotional rollercoaster ending! It would be just too painful, if she did disappear forever! I'm glad she's back :)

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jul 19, 2012 7:10 PM

Feb 2012
I'm glad some people liked it, I somewhat felt alone loving it o_o
Jul 20, 2012 9:34 AM

Jun 2011
Hahaha, what a troll ending xD Damn you Yuuko-san! First making me tear up like that and then going "naaanchatte~ tee-hee"
Usually I would prefer the gloomier sad ending, but this time I have to admit that I'm glad we got a happy ending :) There are those kinds of animes that are better off with the sad ending, but this isn't one of those.

I had rather high hopes for this anime already before it began thanks to the manga, but after half way it started getting better and better, eventually surpassing my expectations easily. I was planning to rate this 7 or 8, but after the last few episodes (from 8 onwards) I have to give it a 9/10 :) It was just so great, really deserves it~
Jul 21, 2012 3:20 PM

Nov 2011
How do you pronounce the "x" in the title? What does it stand for?

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jul 21, 2012 3:57 PM

Jul 2008
linchpin said:

Multiplication symbol. Like Maiden x Amnesia.
Jul 22, 2012 3:46 AM

Nov 2011
GarLogan78 said:
linchpin said:

Multiplication symbol. Like Maiden x Amnesia.

okay then... in English it would be "times". But how would you read the Japanese title?

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Jul 23, 2012 11:35 AM
Jul 2010
The "x" is used like a "の" I believe. Dusk Maiden of Amnesia I say. They just used an "x" because it's cool, like how everyone did with Xbox Live Gamertags back in the day. (Unfortunately some people still do that)

So, yeah don't look into it too much. It was randomly thrown in. Obviously "Dusk Maiden Amnesia" alone makes no sense so the missing grammar point is implied.

On another note I loved this and was /satisfied/ with the way it ended. The beginning and ending parts were the best to me. I could tell it started going in the right direction around Episode 7 and was glad to see that because I felt a few episodes before that were unnecessary. So, Silver Link redeemed themselves and more.
GanmasukuJul 23, 2012 11:45 AM
Jul 23, 2012 2:08 PM

Nov 2011
Ganmasuku said:
The "x" is used like a "の" I believe.

So, if x is "no" then it could also be read as "Dusk maiden's amnesia"? I'm just curious Chitanda style ;)

I'll remember this anime fondly for a long long time and recommend it to all my friends :) It almost broke my heart, but then I was so happy for those two! And they'll go to Heaven together when Teiichi finally dies of old age - isn't that the best possible fate (haha, I'm an atheist and it's funny for me to say this :D )?

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Jul 23, 2012 4:54 PM
Jul 2010
linchpin said:
Ganmasuku said:
The "x" is used like a "の" I believe.

So, if x is "no" then it could also be read as "Dusk maiden's amnesia"? I'm just curious Chitanda style ;)

Hm well that makes sense as well. On the official site they use "Dusk Maiden of Amnesia" so I believe that's the official English name, though
GanmasukuJul 23, 2012 4:59 PM
Jul 26, 2012 3:45 PM

Jan 2012
That wpi was really good and had a nice end for the story... but, IMO, it was washed away when Yuuko got back...
Jul 29, 2012 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
That ending felt a bit forced, as if they really couldn't make it a sad ending by leaving her gone 4EVA! I would've liked it to stay that way, with her gone, that is. Now they just made an open ending. Maybe that's why the ending was made like that? Anyway, I didn't feel like there was much more to add to that story. I mean, they came up with a conclusion - case closed - they revealed Yuuko's death, we got to know everything that happened. :P
Aug 1, 2012 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
The last min ruined everything
Aug 7, 2012 9:10 PM

Nov 2007
eh I didn't like the changes from the manga, but didn't like the manga a whole lot to begin with. I hated pairing him with the ghost as a love interest. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. okay fine she disappears, and they have a somewhat happy good bye.

oh wait they pulled that shit where they brought her back.

idiotic.

I'm sorry but the last few eps made me rate this BAD.
Aug 8, 2012 1:30 AM

Jun 2010
Like many other.. It was a 8/10 for me throughout, but the ending made me give it a 9..
Aug 8, 2012 12:26 PM
Feb 2012
mystik said:
eh I didn't like the changes from the manga, but didn't like the manga a whole lot to begin with. I hated pairing him with the ghost as a love interest. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. okay fine she disappears, and they have a somewhat happy good bye.

oh wait they pulled that shit where they brought her back.

idiotic.

I'm sorry but the last few eps made me rate this BAD.

HATERS GONNA HATE!!!!!®
Aug 10, 2012 1:08 PM

Mar 2008
hate is what spices up things, it's part of the system ^^
Aug 14, 2012 1:17 AM

May 2012
give it 10 by 10

so great and liked the end ! it's better that way ^_^
Aug 16, 2012 6:43 PM

Jan 2012
-shit first half
-good last half
-top notch voice acting and animation when it counts
-shit ending

7/10
Aug 19, 2012 3:40 AM

Apr 2008
Their goodbyes was really touching!.. Especially the "One last Request...Forget me." I teared up! Yet, I didn't expect that happy ending. But I loveeeeee happy endings!!!!!!!!
Nekomimi~
Aug 22, 2012 9:10 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was great. Though I didn't expect it to go all merry at the end where she suddenly comes back. My ideal ending would have Teiichi visiting the school after a few years and meeting Yuko again. The scene with Yuko's "last moment" was so heart warming and depressing. Loved the scene and anime.
Aug 24, 2012 3:00 AM

Jan 2012
a happy ending?

remember when teiichi graduates, he wouldn't be able to go to the school grounds anymore
Dusk Maiden Amnesia ~after story~
he'll work there
inherits the school
dies
yuuko is alone again
BAD END out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 25, 2012 12:27 PM

Nov 2011
NoobHunterD said:
a happy ending?

remember when teiichi graduates, he wouldn't be able to go to the school grounds anymore
Dusk Maiden Amnesia ~after story~
he'll work there
inherits the school
dies
yuuko is alone again
BAD END out of 10.

There's a widely accepted theory that since their kiss Yuuko no longer haunts the school grounds (because that's been dealt with), but is haunting Teiichi instead (because that would be a hell of a regret to lose such love!). This way there is no bad end. They'll be together until Teiichi dies and then they will go to heaven :)

No bad end here :)

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Sep 2, 2012 11:44 AM

Jun 2009
This final scene kinda ruined it, would've preferred the sad ending. Still a pretty good show. 7/10
Sep 10, 2012 6:58 AM

Dec 2011
In all honesty, I probably would have preferred is Yuuko had disappeared. It's not fair that Teiichi gets to have moar of Yuuko while I don't! >:D

I must say I really preferred the second half of the show to the first half though. 8/10 from me
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Sep 18, 2012 9:12 PM

Aug 2012
I just saw this, and man why did I cry so much just to be called a wuss when she appeared? I felt like I was being made fun of ;_; but thank god she came back
Sep 19, 2012 8:46 PM

Feb 2012
The last minute was a complete and utter failure of storytelling. It felt like bad fanfiction tacked onto the end of an otherwise satisfying conclusion. I won't say that it invalidates the rest of the series, but it most certainly invalidates the rest of the episode -- it would be like the mecha at the end of A.I. saying, "jk, we actually found a way to clone your mom permanently."

However, because that last minute "twist" had nothing to do with the core themes of the series rather than the themes of this single episode, I can't let it drop my score.

...but seriously, come on.
Oct 2, 2012 6:58 PM
Jul 2012
Well, since I am very fragile when it comes to a fictional couple (I can be pretty harsh in reality, but have a soft spot for anime couples idk why) I am SERIOUSLY happy that this ended on a good note. If it was all sad I would've written to the devs telling them to use the force of God or something to bring her back.

Tl;Dr: The ending was awesome and I'm glad it was happy. I can't wait for the ova.
Oct 3, 2012 2:34 PM

Oct 2011
This series got really good around episode 7 or so, when we finally got more heart of the story, and background info. Before that i didn't feel as compelled to watch it; it didn't feel quite as genuine as the end, but i figured there has been a lot of stories i have just stuck out even after an iffy first impression. I am glad I did. The last episode reminded me of the ending of "kyoshiro to towa no sora". Kuu vanishes and leaves behind Ayanokoji in a very similar way. <3
Oct 3, 2012 2:35 PM

Oct 2011
grandy_UiD said:
This final scene kinda ruined it, would've preferred the sad ending. Still a pretty good show. 7/10

agreed, there's beauty in darkness...<3
Oct 4, 2012 7:00 PM

Sep 2010
Im so glad that there is such a positive response to this anime! I really enjoyed it although I wanted to see more development for the characters. The ending was great and it would have been equally as good if it was a sad ending...which proves that the story was very well fleshed out.

I hope to see more from this series! Its now one of my favorites!
Oct 5, 2012 6:23 PM

Jun 2012
T_T

That was so sad, oh my god dat scene. Ending felt a bit too convenient. I still loved this anime though.

10/10

Cant wait for the OVA, hopefully they give it another season as well.
Oct 14, 2012 2:11 PM

Mar 2012
great show loved the happy twist ending
Oct 16, 2012 1:06 PM

Nov 2009
Wow that had a much happier ending than I figured... was definitely worth the watch because of the happy ending however probably gonna screen the newer series from now on... I had enough of ecchi going through middle school, nowadays I could definitely do without, although at least this one avoided becoming a full blown harem.
Oct 22, 2012 11:03 AM
Apr 2012
meh
that episode got me all depresd :/
it would rly leave me quite sad if it didnt end the way it did :!
when yuuko pop out @ the end of the ep ... uh joy havent been happyer in anime for awhile ;x

can't w8 for a possible OVA or smthng more of it

also kinda offtopic >.>
OP/ED songz + the song that plays when she's disappearing ... Tottaly awesome
Oct 23, 2012 5:49 PM
Apr 2012
I personally hated the ending. The sad ending was actually really good and it should have stayed that way, now yuuko being back doesn't even make sense anymore. what was that whole disappearing thing about?!!?! what were all my tears for?!?!? /bitter bitter
Oct 24, 2012 10:17 AM

May 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
I was totally hoping for a bad end...

This!

I could've raised my score if Yuuko hadn't returned but as it is now, it is gonna stay at 5.
Oct 24, 2012 11:09 PM

Nov 2007
WAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!
So Happy with the ending!!!
I mean, yes, I like tragic demo, I LOVE happy endings! Hahaa.
SupeLove.

The separation part got me emotional. *weeeew* Seriously. That was a good scene. haha.
Yatta! Yatta! I got to see Yuuko-san again.. :))
10/10 .. :D
Nov 4, 2012 1:26 AM

Apr 2009
errrrrr~ please stop ruining the ending. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2012 1:35 PM

Jun 2012
It sucks. It would be better if she didin't come back - I was in the mood, sad and so, and then something like this ;x Nah, Because of the ending my score has low.
Nov 18, 2012 6:52 AM

Oct 2012
I effin cried a lot i really expected that she would disappear , It so painful the moment that Yuuko tell him to forget about her. :'( But it was a really nice ending
Dec 15, 2012 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
Guys, have anyone watched the bd-ver? What is the difference with "director's cut"?
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 8, 2012

303 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

156 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

169 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

149 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.