Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2008 5:48 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it finally ended, after all i have to say that it was really unique shounen serie.
boys love(?), not that much action and not an overpowered maincharacter, there werent really a evil side in my opinion, too, so not a simple good vs evil plot. 8/10 for me

Sep 29, 2008 6:27 AM

Apr 2007
Aww you beat me to creating this XD

Totally a different take at shounen, this series was. I have not been so into a series in a very long time, so I definitely have a soft spot for this series.

Although the pacing suffered at times, and last episode was so anti-climatic, and this episode felt so much like an epilogue... Still, at the very last moment, it managed to surprise the audience. Even though I should be expecting that, even though I should be prepared for that... I wasn't. And so, I'm still not sure if I'm amazed, or if I'm angry. I'll just say I'm still in denial, haha.

For the great characters, interesting plot, and for wrapping it up in a good way... I can't give this anything less than 9/10.
Sep 29, 2008 2:40 PM

Aug 2008
I think the ending was good yet sad at the same time. You'll want to watch past the credits because you will miss a huge part of the storyline if you do not.

Overall, I was kind of displeased with the anime at first due to it being a melodramatic ninja anime. However, I did keep watching in hopes that it would redeem itself and it did so mightily, IMO. I give it a 9/10. Not quite a masterpiece and I've only seen one anime that fits that bill, but it was most definitely worth watching.
Sep 29, 2008 7:02 PM

May 2008
I cried at the ending, but i'm happy for Yoite ;__;

Man, I whs there was a season 2 >_<

This is one of my favorite anime~!

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Oct 3, 2008 5:37 AM
Apr 2008
ok I like the ending its worth the time watching it so a 7-8 for me
Usernames54561Oct 4, 2008 9:31 PM
Oct 4, 2008 4:51 PM

Apr 2008
Question. What in this ending was worth watching? The Ending was JUST HORRID.
It was senseless, no logic, just threw all the carefully laid hints on the plot and characers of the first 16 Eps into the trashcontainer. Especially painful it was if knowing the Manga version which is REALLY diffrent from the Anime ending. And I could still beat JC Staff up for this unescessary Shounen Ai scenes.

It started off so promising. Aw. They should have waited a year, then we'd have gotten volume 9 animated. >_>

And now I'm in a scoring dilemma. The music gets 10, the voice cast 10, the animation 9, the Scrips of the first 16 Eps 7, after Ep 16 it simply gets 0. How it that to be put into one single number...?
Oct 10, 2008 10:33 AM
Aug 2008
The ending was just TOO sad... SOOOOO disappointed :'(
I really liked the anime too til maybe about episode 18... but then after that, everything started to drag out. I wanted a happy ending :'(
Oct 11, 2008 8:20 PM

Aug 2008
shina_luna said:
Question. What in this ending was worth watching? The Ending was JUST HORRID.
It was senseless, no logic, just threw all the carefully laid hints on the plot and characers of the first 16 Eps into the trashcontainer. Especially painful it was if knowing the Manga version which is REALLY diffrent from the Anime ending. And I could still beat JC Staff up for this unescessary Shounen Ai scenes.

It started off so promising. Aw. They should have waited a year, then we'd have gotten volume 9 animated. >_>

And now I'm in a scoring dilemma. The music gets 10, the voice cast 10, the animation 9, the Scrips of the first 16 Eps 7, after Ep 16 it simply gets 0. How it that to be put into one single number...?

I have to agree with you, even though I haven't read the manga. It started off really good (ep 2-3), and kept it up (though not all) till around 16, as you said... Then it just went downhill.
Oct 11, 2008 8:52 PM

Sep 2008
finally its subbed!!
It's a great anime but i also agree with you guys about episodes after 16 it just not as good as it started and im also dissapointed about the last fight
I kinda hate/like the ending it was depressing
overall great series
Oct 12, 2008 3:31 PM

May 2008
It was so beautiful how Yoite died but it was sad too ; (
Really awesome anime but the ending was ok
Oct 12, 2008 8:59 PM

Apr 2008
The ending makes me SAD.
Just when you think they're going to have a happy ending!

This gets an 8/10 in my book.
Not too exciting most of the time (usually texted or dazed off while watching it), but a few moments really saved it for me. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2008 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
imo, it lacked drama T^T but yoite dead jst made me teary eyed x'[
btw, was that miharu who spoke at the end? it really sounded like a girl.
Oct 14, 2008 12:38 PM

Jun 2007
Almost cried at the end but i was more freaked out than sad ._.
At the beggining i was expecting so much from this, got dissappointed then it got really good and ended kinda bad.
7/10 Really liked the characters but somethings were just weird...
Oct 14, 2008 4:55 PM

Nov 2007
Hm.. I really should go read the manga soon. Ending was alright in my opinion; I was expecting Yoite to die, but the when the ending credits started rolling, I began to think he wouldn't.

Overall, I'll give the series a 8/10.
Unique art style, and nice story, though there are more boring scenes where I tend to multitask while watching.
Oct 14, 2008 5:31 PM

Feb 2008
God that sucked. Gayest ninja anime ever. 5/10.

It had so much potential...
Oct 14, 2008 9:50 PM

May 2008
was pretty good as a whole but that was not a good last episode at all for me.

Oct 14, 2008 11:03 PM

Jun 2008
Hmmm... I enjoyed the series overall but agree with some that it was a bit anti-climatic. Once Miharu made his wish, all of this conflict was for nothing. Tra-la-la-la, let's all live in peace and harmony.

I guess I really enjoyed this series for the relationship aspect between the characters of each clan and their goals. Resolution/ending could have been better. Yoite was true to himself until the end and that made me feel warm and fuzzy so therefore, I have to rate it 8/10.

Oct 14, 2008 11:29 PM

Jun 2007
I have mixed feelings about the ending. One things for sure though, the ending just felt way to long and drawn out. It felt like it could have been cut in half.
Oct 15, 2008 10:23 AM

Apr 2008
God the end was so sad I cried, I knew Yoite was going to die but I didn't expect to be so sad about it....I have never cried while watching an anime before lol. I did really enjoy watching this anime, I thought it was very unique, the characters the style etc...though as people have said it did start to become a little drawn out later in the series and the adaptation from the manga could have been a lot better but it's still one of my favorites.
SevenOct 15, 2008 11:57 AM
Oct 15, 2008 10:35 AM

Aug 2008
Horrible ending to a lackluster show. Watching the last episode made me think "why did I even continue to watch this?" I honestly don't have an answer to the question. Characters were blah, story was interesting at the onset, yet terrible in execution, music was ok, but the main theme I felt like I had heard before, voice acting was ok with some quirks that i did not appreciate, but it was visually interesting. In the end, story and characters win out...i give Nabari a 4/10
Oct 15, 2008 11:12 AM

Aug 2007
Meh, not bad of an adaption, I've seen worse. But I do kinda feel like they tried to add too much in the last few episodes and it ended up feeling rushed. The animation was pretty good, aside from small ounces of QUALITY in the last few episodes. Music was okay, nothing that really stood out for me. Characters were pretty likable for the most part. Voice acting was pretty good for the most part. 7/10 from me because I'm too nice. Might change in the future, depending on how I'm feeling.
butts
Oct 15, 2008 8:07 PM

May 2008
Deathnosis said:
ok I like the ending its worth the time watching it so a 7-8 for me

same, i found the series to not be that great or worth fussing over. sure, it was unique, but it never really engaged me in any way. I didnt really like any of the characters except thobari, and even then he kind of held the wrong values. I rated it a 5 personally.

One question though: I might have missed this, but why doesnt everyone who has a kira piece in em die now? I thought when Yoite died, everyone else would; did he remove the pieces?
Oct 15, 2008 11:03 PM

Dec 2007
theeggman85 said:
One question though: I might have missed this, but why doesnt everyone who has a kira piece in em die now? I thought when Yoite died, everyone else would; did he remove the pieces?

Yoite lied about that.

I'm giving the anime a 7/10. I liked the ending, but it really dragged on and it didn't seem to go in any real direction in the later episodes. I also didn't care much for Yoite, he falls into one of the things I can't stand about anime characters (angst) and that hurt how I felt about the anime.
Oct 16, 2008 1:48 AM

Nov 2007
it was pretty good but the last 8 epis were just sub par in story telling. well i enjoyed it overall so no real complaints from me.
Oct 16, 2008 5:38 PM

Jan 2008
It's bittersweet? I guess, that's how I felt when I finished watching it. It's good but it should have been better. Maybe I was expecting more clever ninja fight scenes, and deeper and faster paced story. It's unique in its own way but they can offer more than what was presented.
LieilaOct 16, 2008 5:46 PM
Oct 17, 2008 11:44 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, I really loved the ending, and the whole series. I can understand how people can find it slow, but I suppose as I wasn't out for an action-packed ninja show I wasn't disappointed. One of my favourite anime for sure

Even though it made me cry Q___________Q
Oct 18, 2008 4:07 AM

Feb 2008
Really disappointing. But, I'll continue reading manga cause it's much better.

And how could they skip Aizawa & Raimei inevitable hook up? I mean, seriously they couldn't have had one less shounen-ai scene? I'm a yaoi fan, but for a series that's not yaoi this is just pushing it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2008 4:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
luluphille said:
imo, it lacked drama T^T but yoite dead jst made me teary eyed x'[
btw, was that miharu who spoke at the end? it really sounded like a girl.

Voice actress is Kugimiya Rie (Alphonse Elric, Shana, Nagi, Louise, Kagura, Miharu and most recently Taiga...)

If the manga didn't exist, I would have liked the ending. But a manga purist like me absolutely cannot forgive such deviations....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 18, 2008 7:48 PM

Sep 2008
Where was the make out scene? I think I missed it. They had that whole great set-up for a makeout scene but never went towards it.
Oct 19, 2008 12:02 PM

Oct 2007
I think this should have been cut down to thirteen eps. There were serious problems with pacing and the choreography for the fight scenes was sub-par at best. Just too boring at some parts and Yuite picks up kniting(wtf?) in the last part. I'm glad they didn't wimp out and not kill Yuite. Had interesting premise but lackluster execution.7/10

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Oct 20, 2008 6:38 PM

Jan 2008
Good Riddance.
Oct 26, 2008 7:13 AM
Nov 2007
i wish it went on and on!!such a good anime!
Oct 26, 2008 9:31 AM
Sep 2008
Seriously, never seen a section full of so much whining. I thought the series was pretty solid for the most part. It took me as far as I possibly predicted it could.

Characters - Unique for the most part.

Story - Not ground breaking but it has strong points.

Voices - Yoite was a girl ha xD

Music - No Uverworld?! what?!! jk ^^

Please keep this as a reminder.
Anime series are released for what they are they are not 100% dedicated to the manga what so ever. If you truely wish to comment about how.. blah blah was not like the manga or they could have done better following the manga plot. That completely is up to you BUT not to every one else shares the same opinion.

If you enjoy the manga that much.. by all means go comment in the manga section. ^_^
Oct 29, 2008 3:05 PM
Nov 2007
you know, whatever happened to miharu becoming king of nabari??
Nov 1, 2008 3:14 PM

Oct 2008
What a ridiculous ending. Overall, it was certainly unique and good, but why Yoite died? All the effort to save Yoite, all things about Shinrabanshou was for nothing then. And how all the characters accepted the Yoite's certain death? I just couldn't accept everything so sudden. "Yoite is happy by that way, so I'm happy for him." I can't think like that after he said "I don't want to die." at a previous episode. Maybe they just left out some details in the anime and maybe I should read the manga to accept this ending.

I gave 8/10 to this series for the animation and music quality. (and the story was good until the last episode.)
Nov 2, 2008 4:40 PM

Sep 2008
horrible final.. very boring... really this serie disappoint me
Nov 18, 2008 4:54 PM

Nov 2007
i watch the series because i just love the main characters. i loved the series anyhow. i do agrree tat the ending could have been better. it so getting intense and coxplex and then it just ended in such a melo way.
Nov 24, 2008 3:42 PM

Jun 2008
I cried the whole episodie wao

the ending was very close i like that in an anime is jjust well it finish

i gave 9/10 very lovely nwn
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Dec 23, 2008 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
8/10
I'm seriously tired of Yoite and his constant "Erase me... but I don't want to die..."
and Miharu and his "I'll definitely erase you...don't worry...-hug-"
I mean... they have that once or more every episode, and not for a short amount of time either. It's just pushing it too much.
But I DID like the Aizawa x Raimei parts :3 Adorableee. Now if they replaced some YoitexMiharu parts with that.. I think it'd make the whole anime better because it'll give variety and more development to the characters.
Jan 1, 2009 8:09 PM

Aug 2008
This anime was heading the right direction but..then it began to falter..At least the ending wrapped everything up, even if it drag a little. ^^

I was pretty dissapointed towards the end of the series, but over all, it was a some new in the ninja genre. 7/10 from me. it would have been 6/10, but since yoite died in a happy way i bumped it up a number :3
Jan 27, 2009 11:01 AM

Jan 2008
I gave it a 9/10 it was a really interesting Anime and it had a nice ending, but it was really sad T__T I thought that Miharu would have saved Yoite... I was a little disappointed about Yoite dieing but I still think it was a good ending :')
Feb 9, 2009 10:07 AM

Oct 2008
I hated the fact that yoite died ... T_T but it was really an awesome anime one of my favorites ^^
May 4, 2009 9:22 PM

Jul 2008
A very nice bittersweet ending. I liked seeing what the other characters were up to and I liked Yoite coming to terms with his past. I was very sad that he died, but since he's been dying since his introduction I can hardly be surprised. It kind of reminds me Chrono Crusade (manga, I've never seen the anime) in the way the last scenes are expected from the beginning but still have a deep emotional impact. Overall I liked this series a lot, I was getting a little bored towards the end, but no major issues. I was never too interested in the ninja aspect of this show anyway.

8/10 I suppose. I'm probably going to read the manga sometime and that might make me want to change this score.

Recommendations for after you watch this series: Sola for the sort of bittersweet ending and complicated relationships; Kekkaishi for the wonderful introduction to a relatively unknown shonen series that has an even better manga.

BEGINNER
May 12, 2009 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
so is it shounen anime? feels more like shojo for me, Yoite and Miharu are such pretty girls... knitting Yoite was especially cute >w<
Jun 28, 2009 1:26 PM

Apr 2008
Wow... finally an episode that made me cry. I really waited for it for a long time.

Yoite [ * ] . At the very end his wish came true.

As for me 9/10.
Aug 6, 2009 2:21 AM

Feb 2009
At first it pretty interesting though and i give 8 points for it. and then it go weird lol after watch last few episode rate drop to 6.
peaceful ending, maybe a bit too much though
Aug 7, 2009 12:26 PM
Nov 2008
I thought that the ending was sad -yoite dying in the wind- :(

However, I didn't really understand the main point in this series.. At first, I thought "Oooh, shiranbansho is power and ninja clans are fighting for it." but, in the end, a lot of people died for nothing since Miharu doens't even use his power and somehow, I got the feeling that the anime revolved more around YoitexMiharu than anything else. I felt that the plot didn't really make sense..

I don't know about the manga but the anime became comfusing near the middle... :/
Aug 26, 2009 1:30 AM

Jan 2008
Shounen-ai? Ye, maybe.
Conversation shounen? Ye, mostly.
Stupid melodramatic ending? Ye, gonna hate it!
This series was only about Yoite and his inner suffering but seriously why it has to take 26 epizodes?
Dialogues were very often plain and boring to follow. I was looking forward to furious war between villages and instead I had to listen for hours to death&existence&meaning of life topic.
The ending was as bad as Mai-hime's one or even worse! 6/10
Aug 28, 2009 3:04 PM

Feb 2009
Heartless_cz said:
Shounen-ai? Ye, maybe.
Conversation shounen? Ye, mostly.
Stupid melodramatic ending? Ye, gonna hate it!
This series was only about Yoite and his inner suffering but seriously why it has to take 26 epizodes?
Dialogues were very often plain and boring to follow. I was looking forward to furious war between villages and instead I had to listen for hours to death&existence&meaning of life topic.
The ending was as bad as Mai-hime's one or even worse! 6/10

I'm totally agree.
Sep 27, 2009 6:32 AM

Jul 2009
i love the ending!It's a great anime! good characters and a good story to!
worth watching!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 20 Discussion

aly_angelflight - Sep 9, 2008

16 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 16, 9:46 AM

» Help: Nabari no Ou filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

1 by Yuliyshii »»
Feb 9, 3:53 AM

» Does it get better?

rozwielidka - Mar 15, 2023

10 by Daiyamondo »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 25 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

18 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 23 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

19 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.