3It was OK
12.1%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.4
66 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2008 3:26 PM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Brilliant episode, very epic but still sad and melancholic. It had an incredible scale yet was realistic and well thought-out, with a big part given to character and script development, pretty much like Noein's ending by the same director. Wonderful episode honestly, I can't wait for the last one of the first season.

I hope the second season will take place in space and we'll discover more things about the different organizations and planets !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 21, 2008 5:11 PM

Nov 2007
Epic episode indeed. Can't wait for next week's finale; curious to see what becomes of Sayaka.

And sorry, just have to say NICE BOAT.
Sep 21, 2008 6:24 PM

Jun 2008
Awesome episode, hope we have a same quality ending and no a shitty one
Sep 21, 2008 8:12 PM
Apr 2008
when hayamiya said "and earthquake?" i thought " no, its A FREAKING ARMAGGON!!!"
Sep 21, 2008 10:46 PM

Jun 2007
Amazing episode the only problem I had with it was the random parts that had shitty animation quality, like when people are running and stuff.

I'm guessing once Nakasugi sees Tsutomu she will stop and talk with him. Then some random shit will happen, like the ship above earth will fire off at her.
Sep 22, 2008 9:12 AM

Sep 2007
Very nice episode, but I have to agree, the animation was pretty shitty in this ep

Sep 22, 2008 1:01 PM

Aug 2008
I liked the episode visually, but from a story standpoint, it was quite hollow. I didn't believe any of Senkawa's actions in the beginning--there was such a lack of frustration and we're given inexpicable resignation--and I would have liked a reaction from Shamylan as he realized he wasn't chosen, maybe they could have done slow-motion, I don't know. And now all of a sudden the other Altarian has an ethical crisis and is depending of Birdy? Ridiculous. This could have been better, but it was just ok.
Sep 23, 2008 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
Interesting to see Shyamalan go that way. I thought he'd at least last until the last episode.
The anti-Ryunka shield that Unnamed Character had was actually pretty cool.
I wouldn't be suprised if next ep the Ryunka came to realize what it was doing is wrong and destroy itself, leaving Nakasugi safe.
And who's that woman with Secret Agent Man? Seems to be setting up for S2.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Sep 23, 2008 11:38 AM

Apr 2007
I wonder what the last episode reserves for us.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Sep 23, 2008 12:53 PM

Jan 2008
crappy, hopefully, it will end the next week... Animation, flow or all the things in this episode are all in a mess..why do i still waste my time on this anime, anyway..
Sep 23, 2008 2:32 PM

Feb 2008
Goku said:
crappy, hopefully, it will end the next week... Animation, flow or all the things in this episode are all in a mess..why do i still waste my time on this anime, anyway..
I noticed the animation got very sloppy in some parts, that was pretty much the only bad thing I could say about it. Then again, I'm watching Blassreiter and everything is way, way better than that trainwreck.

I felt they showed Tsutomu's anguish very well, having him playing some video game was a nice touch, that always gets my mind off things :) He looks like he might actually save Nagasuki, probably at the same time Bird tries to kill her.
This show definately feels like it needs a second season and it will deliver one in January. I just hope Tsutomu and Birdy have to join again, that was one of the main things about this series that I liked.

Only one more to go, come on Aoshen, don't let me down.
Sep 23, 2008 3:26 PM

Aug 2008
kuroshiroi said:
I just hope Tsutomu and Birdy have to join again, that was one of the main things about this series that I liked.
I agree; that side of the story wasn't played out nearly as much as it should have been. According to Anime Stereotypes™, about half the story would involve awkward and/or amusing situations created by a female galactic police officer and a normal boy being stuck in the same body.
Of course that would make TBD suck, but it was still a little disappointing.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Sep 23, 2008 3:30 PM

Jun 2008
cant wait for the next episode
the ending better be good...or at least make us want s2 even more

Sep 23, 2008 6:45 PM

Oct 2007
The degraded animation disappointed me as well. I don't understand why you'd do that in the last episodes. It was still a pretty good episode though, aside from that.

Looking forward to the ending.

Sep 23, 2008 11:00 PM

Feb 2008
Muroto turned out to be a much better friend to have than i thought he was ;)

noteDhero said:
I liked the episode visually, but from a story standpoint, it was quite hollow. I didn't believe any of Senkawa's actions in the beginning--there was such a lack of frustration and we're given inexpicable resignation--and I would have liked a reaction from Shamylan as he realized he wasn't chosen, maybe they could have done slow-motion, I don't know. And now all of a sudden the other Altarian has an ethical crisis and is depending of Birdy? Ridiculous. This could have been better, but it was just ok.

Senkawa was internalizing most of it, he's not the most physically expressive character and i'd have found it much stranger for him to suddenly trash his house in aggravation at not being able to help Nakasugi. Besides, he was lying to himself about her not being the Ryunka, and if she wasn't the Ryunka then he didn't have anything to worry about. which i'm sure he told himself repeatedly throughout the episode, even if only in his own head.

Shamylan died too fast to realize that he wasn't chosen, and personally i thought that part was done wonderfully :)

Nejula was always trying to help in her own way, but she was constrained by her need to carry out the directives of the Federation. its simply a matter of priotrities, for her its 1) Federation 2) everything else. that doesn't mean everything else doesn't matter or that she would happily eradicate an entire civilization if she thought it could be avoided tho, as her actions have clearly indicated since her appearance in episode 4. although her actions at the beginning of this episode were a bit anomalous.
Oct 1, 2008 6:44 AM

Nov 2007
whoa, epic episode. talk about world destruction :))
Oct 8, 2008 7:50 PM
Mar 2008
Intense, dude just shot a lazer that didn't do anything but killed those ppl, that's heavy lol. I thought Shamalamadingdong died way to fast, dumbass thought he would live? But it would have been cool if he slowly "froze" from the feet up so he could realized what he did. So pretty much his "chosen ones" are just people that were lucky to survive after disasters? This is a great series so far.
Jan 18, 2009 3:32 PM

Oct 2008
Rather boring..

Apr 3, 2009 4:17 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
All set for the finale. I liked the episode, the destruction scenes looked pretty good.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 9, 2011 9:22 AM
Jan 2010
Everything will be ok again through the power of LOVE and FRIENDSHIP.
Jul 8, 2013 12:18 PM

May 2012
Damn all that power and destruction! I do wonder what the last episode of this first season has to offer!
Sep 24, 2013 5:26 PM

Jan 2013
good episode, hopefully its a happy end.
Oct 3, 2015 6:18 PM

Jan 2012
What she likes about Sewa.

Nov 3, 2015 5:17 PM

May 2015
noteDhero said:
I liked the episode visually, but from a story standpoint, it was quite hollow. I didn't believe any of Senkawa's actions in the beginning--there was such a lack of frustration and we're given inexpicable resignation--and I would have liked a reaction from Shamylan as he realized he wasn't chosen, maybe they could have done slow-motion, I don't know.
I have to agree with you a villain of this caliber (Batshi*t crazy type) you have to show us his/her despair we deserve to hear his thoughts as his dreams are crumbling before his eyes. It is a shame that we did not have the opportunity to experience that...
Sep 22, 2016 6:14 AM

Jul 2008
I only wish that Shamaylan lived long enough to see he wasn't one of the chosen. I wanted to see that psycho crack.

And it looks like we will not get resolution with everything next episode either.
Nov 5, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
Goodbye mr Shamaylan, seems you werent one the chosen ones.
Im guessing it will end with Tsutomu being able to get Nakasugi back, supressing the Ryunka.
Feb 21, 2018 8:28 AM
Aug 2014
If only you had tried to save Sayaka before she killed hundreds if not thousands of people, but I guess then we wouldn't have the mad dash to save Sayaka, because that's apparently romantic.

While the villain wasn't great, his death was even worse.
Dec 6, 2019 12:32 AM

Sep 2018
Lorezhno said:
If only you had tried to save Sayaka before she killed hundreds if not thousands of people, but I guess then we wouldn't have the mad dash to save Sayaka, because that's apparently romantic.

While the villain wasn't great, his death was even worse.

Really I'm surprised that the anime isn't just going to flat out kill everyone and then end with some shitty message about life being nothing but depression and despair. This is a 00s anime after all, we should be glad that we are getting a story that is actually hopeful in any sort of manner at all and doesn't try to be an edgy depressionfest. As you can probably tell I don't hold anime from this era in high regards.

Also, in regards to this anime it's self, while I hate the typical over the top edgy forcing depression in your face 00s anime I'm a bit disappointed that they are ending it like this, the way this episode ended it felt tacked on, like they were going to do the typical 00s anime thing but then had a half hearted change of heart... or maybe they just realized it was popular enough to milk a second season out of so it would be best to keep the show's charecters alive. Either way though I'm expecting the last episode to not be very good and half assed.
KristiwazhereDec 6, 2019 12:40 AM
Jul 25, 2020 3:56 PM

Jul 2015
So far for being the 'chosen one' ain't that right Shamylan...oh wait forgot that he can't respond anymore
Good to see Tsutomu's anguish turn into passion to save his love, looking forward to the last episode of this season

Dec 24, 2020 10:58 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The only thing worse than not being a Chosen One....is to be a Chosen One and still get wasted. Shaman Hammer is doa and not looking good as the last episode comes upon us. We still have to:
1. Get the bad JuJu under control or eradicated
2. Deal with Best Girl with JuJu inside her....she stated she was already dead so there is an out already provided
3. Get Birdy and MC back together....literally or we have no more seasons
4. Optional: Fix Tokyo....I mean it's been trashed by Godzilla so it can be fixed
Jul 14, 2021 2:18 PM

Nov 2019
Did Tsutomu just kill thousands?
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo

More topics from this board

» BEST way to Enjoy Tetsuwan Birdy Series

Rustyze - Mar 2, 2016

8 by Jeehen »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:18 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ohmiharu - Jul 5, 2008

64 by PtitTete »»
Apr 10, 2023 1:19 AM

» Is this Shyamalan M. Night Shyamalan?

ran88dom99 - Nov 29, 2011

1 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 12, 2021 2:49 PM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 7 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Aug 20, 2008

26 by Punkero »»
Feb 15, 2021 4:22 PM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 3 Discussion

Sephor - Aug 7, 2008

26 by Punkero »»
Feb 13, 2021 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.