Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 18, 2012 3:08 PM

Aug 2009
I enjoy Eureka Seven, but with these 6 episodes in, the flow is not as good as the original... I have to say my interest is still there, but its all becoming too ridiculous. The time period between the original and AO cannot be that oo far appart. Furthermore, in -say about 20 years- there is just too much change. The Coralians have left earth correct, but wtf is with the Secrets and Scub Corals?

They have to explain this soon.
May 18, 2012 3:26 PM

Oct 2008
Lontaku said:
I enjoy Eureka Seven, but with these 6 episodes in, the flow is not as good as the original... I have to say my interest is still there, but its all becoming too ridiculous. The time period between the original and AO cannot be that oo far appart. Furthermore, in -say about 20 years- there is just too much change. The Coralians have left earth correct, but wtf is with the Secrets and Scub Corals?

For the millionth time, this isn't the same Earth -- THIS Earth is the one that the migrant Coralians are likely flocking to. In this dimension, it is year 2025 Earth, and the one Eureka "fell" into (subsequently being pregnant with Ao). I hope this makes more sense to you.
May 18, 2012 3:27 PM
Apr 2012
Lontaku said:

It's pretty simple if you think about it.

May 18, 2012 6:42 PM

Feb 2012
There he is Coralian from the OP, he kicks everyone's asses and I have no idea what the hell he wants.
Ao is so much better than Renton, doesn't pity himself all the time, thank god.

Seriously, stop this another dimension shit, we have no idea what has happened and it doesn't help to come here and state things as facts, just leave it and wait for future episodes.
May 18, 2012 7:54 PM

Aug 2010
I absolutely love the soundtrack. So far this show is really enjoyable.
May 18, 2012 8:07 PM

Apr 2010
nedstark1990 said:
Loos like this is the new season of Darker than Black too......

Bones should stay away from original sequels
May 18, 2012 8:22 PM

Jul 2008
RE: Complex plot

I don't think there's anything new about it though. They just combined the Gundam 00 TV series and its movie (for the aliens).
May 18, 2012 9:56 PM

Oct 2008
Zhou said:
There he is Coralian from the OP, he kicks everyone's asses and I have no idea what the hell he wants.
Ao is so much better than Renton, doesn't pity himself all the time, thank god.

Seriously, stop this another dimension shit, we have no idea what has happened and it doesn't help to come here and state things as facts, just leave it and wait for future episodes.

What, we're not allowed to speculate in the topic created specifically for episode discussion and, subsequently, SPECULATION? What's the fun in discussing a new show if we can't formulate our own theories as to what's happening?

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not stating such a theory as concrete fact, I'm just not going to spout "in my opinion" before every such statement. Now, if there were considerable evidence contrary to this theory, or that it wasn't seemingly accepted by the majority of those speculating, it would be called for; though this doesn't appear to be the case, and it just seems blaringly obvious. I could go on forever to support this theory, but Truth himself pretty much sealed the deal with the statement: "Welcome to this mistaken world.", upon viewing the arrival of new scub.

I'll concede, that in the end, I could be completely wrong, and that some other order of trippy business is going on here. Rationalize to me then, however, what else could possibly be going on? Simple time-travel and a standard chronological sequel just doesn't make sense with the information revealed thus far. I'm also just gonna go off on a limb and say that it isn't the Matrix, and probably not just "It was a dream all along".
DangerrMay 18, 2012 10:04 PM
May 18, 2012 10:21 PM
Mar 2010
This episode is interesting...

And didn't Norb have some sort of interesting powers too? (If I recall correctly...) Maybe Truth is in a similar situation?

Also... Is it just me that thinks that this anime is taking place in the past before the Sub Coral took over the Earth, and before human kind was forced into space? (Due the fact that they are still using our time's countries to issue affiliation, as well as their familiarity with the ocean...) If this is the case, I am confused why "Eureka" is being mentioned... Anyone else feeling this? Or is it really just me? :P
May 19, 2012 9:20 AM
Jan 2011
i also think the music is lacking, im talking about the score (not OP,ED, or insert songs) - Sato Naoki was the guy doing OST for the prequel and it was inseparable part of Eureka 7 (havent you people listened to Second Summer of Love?)
what we are hearing now is nothing compared to that

velcom said:
Kleftomatic said:
I don't know who is doing the musical direction but it is disappointing.

wha...... I don't even. The soundtrack so far is brilliant, sure it has a different tone from the first but it's supposed to. Do I also need to mention it is composed by Nakamura Koji? He was the lead man of Supercar who did Storywriter, which became the most synonymous song of the original series..... He also did the theme song of the movie under his solo name 'ILL' and is now in the band Lama. You are essentially criticising a guy who has played a big part in the soundtracks of Eureka Seven's music....

- unfortunately you dont know what you are talking about
- Nakamura Koji made one single song for Eureka 7 + one more for the movie, so how did he play big part in music production? compared to Sato Naoki, his role was insignificantly small - no matter how much you like that song
- Eureka 7 OST information: http://vgmdb.net/album/26375

more references to other anime:
nedstark1990 said:
Loos like this is the new season of Darker than Black too......

- agree, another mistake
- Truth, disguised as the guy with teeth in suit - DtB OVA
- Truth changing appearances - DtB OVA, the blonde hair contractor
- the way various organizations played each other was very similar to DtB
- btw Rebecca reminds me a little of Kirihara Misaki from DtB

Higashi no Eden
- name of the episode 'Noblesse Oblige'
- the 'BAM' moment

Gundam
- now its clear my catch from ep4 is real... Elena acted like from Gundam00 (Lockon Stratos?) there, and the names Alleluia and Kyrie ( used at least on 3 occurences) confirm this
why would they do this,stop doing this, instead of shaping the character up, they actually make her more soulless and they stain other anime series too
- in the future ep preview - there is pink haired girl really similar to Aina from Gundam 08MS Team (actually id like her to have the same seyiuu)

Evangelion
- someone already posted that previous episode"why do you pilot Nirvash. Why did you come here?" sounded like Eva and i think it was a coincidence
- now we have "you did good job" said to Ao with him being contented with being treated with kindness - this is like Evangelion - Shninji and his father

Kefkiroth said:
I dunno about you guys, but I'm having a hard time connecting with ANY character. I feel there's too much plain mecha action, and not enough bonding with the characters (remember the "mission of utmost importance" prank pulled on Renton around the start of ES? That's the kind of stuff I want to see here)..

- me too, but im not sure it will happen, this is only 25 episodes, and the characters doesnt seem to be the bounding type - its the opposite of Gekkostate, in fact the Generation Bleu whatever org reminds me of the Dewey Novak and his subordinates - no room for relationships...
- the characters look interesting but they simply are there, they are like they dont think, dont act on their own
- id like to see people more similar to the original characters - Anemone, Holland and Talho (Rebecka and Gazelle still fail to impress me (expecting great things from them)), Eureka (have some hopes for Naru), Dominic
- the new girl in next ep could play Anemone role maybe?

- Truth has great voice and i like him, i think he might play Dewey's role and he is most probably connected to the corals somehow (like Eureka), but i do agree that he doesnt fit that well into Eureka world, just as many other elements, i understand that this is new world, things are different, but Eureka lost its most important aspect - the 'freedom'

even the ship - Gekkostate had a great ship (looked like Russian Su-37 Berkut, Suchoj Su 27 and its derivatives are probably the most beautiful planes ever)
i dont know, i want to like this show, im grasping at straws and i still cant hold on firmly to anything to appreciate it

rodac said:
It strikes me that there is a complex plot underlying this series (like the original) and we haven't got to see the half of it yet. Is it possible that 26 episodes will only be the first half of the story and we may get another Eureka 7? But I will agree that we need to see a little more backstory for the secondary characters, and also get some romance started.

- i see it like this too, i think the romance will be there, but the backtories might be weak

rodac said:
It strikes me that there is a complex plot underlying this series (like the original) and we haven't got to see the half of it yet. Is it possible that 26 episodes will only be the first half of the story and we may get another Eureka 7? But I will agree that we need to see a little more backstory for the secondary characters, and also get some romance started.
Dangerr said:
rodac said:

It strikes me that there is a complex plot underlying this series (like the original) and we haven't got to see the half of it yet.

And this is the kind of stuff I love - being able to speculate with the many morsels of information that they're giving all the time, which I think is a very fun aspect of the show, and a big reason why it's probably my favorite of the season.

- you probably like Darker than Black then
- this show appears to be serious and not waste time for fillers and crap, thats a good thing, but it needs to do something about the characters, fast

@Dangerr
- its good that there are people like you willing to speculate, create theories and all... keep up
- i think your theory makes sense but i at the same time is completely irrelevant, because the connection to the prequel as another world doesnt seem to be strong and at all important
this is more of a spin off then sequel and i hate the fact...
sspitMay 19, 2012 9:24 AM
May 19, 2012 1:15 PM
Apr 2011
^I pretty much feel the same way.
May 19, 2012 1:31 PM

Oct 2011
7/10 for the episode

I thought the episode was alright for the most part, but it is getting stale. I am already seeing a trend where Ao destroys the secret, while girls just watch. Funny how a couple of episodes ago, he was having trouble operating the machinery and now he is like an ace pilot.

The whole poppy scene was interesting but it felt out of place. I don't know who the people were or what their goal was but I feel detached. With Eureka 7, you genuinely feel sorry for the Voderaks but here I felt nothing. There is a serious characterization fail so far in this show.

The Truth guy was forced as well. We don't see how he kills the people or how he disguised himself. Seems to be another generic bad guy who will fleshed out soon enough.

Hated that annoying blond haired brat who was acting like a bitch to Ao. The whole throwing his helmet at him was the icing on the cake on the most unlikable character. The thing that pisses me off, is she now likes Ao considering how she was blushing. Ugh!

Ao still looks like female in his IFO suit.

Didn't much care for the guy who died in the mission, considering there was no attachment to the guy. Sorry but a random (and weird) hug from an overweight man, does not signify an attachment to me.

The captain just doesn't do it for me. Sorry but Holland was a decisive leader who made the decision and stuck by them. He had a leader aura and also had the respect of his crew mates. The red haired girl keeps second guessing the captain and it shows he doesn't have that leadership ability like Holland.

Seems to me that the blond haired pilot chick might have a relationship with Ao. Throw in Naru and you got two chicks who are taller than Ao........wierd.
May 19, 2012 3:01 PM
Jan 2011
Naru>Ao
Fleur Blanc >Ao
Ao (after 20 episodes of undecisivenes) >Naru
Rebecka<>Gazelle
Han Juno<>the pick haired girl from next episode (in the preview) (just a tip)

actually i think the Generation Bleu is evil (already hinted) and the ship with all main characters will flee away and be like Gekkostate or something, this is my hope
May 19, 2012 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
sspit said:
you probably like Darker than Black then

I, uh... I guess? Yes, the first season of DtB really had me gripped in that aspect, though S2 largely ruined it for me, as, well... anyone who's seen it knows why.
sspit said:

i think your theory makes sense but i at the same time is completely irrelevant, because the connection to the prequel as another world doesnt seem to be strong and at all important

Please elaborate; I'd like to know how it makes sense but is at the same time is irrelevant (?). Also, the series has been stated as a sequel to the first, so I'm not really going to second-guess BONES on this one; you can go back and look at the numerous discussions / screen-caps we've had as to why many of us believe this way -- I'm getting tired of reiterating the argument.

Also, as I feel like I'm on of the only consistent posters / defenders of this show, I don't want to come off as a die-hard, wind-bag fanboy; objectively, I'd give this show an 8 so far, as there are plenty of consistent and noticeable flaws to be seen, but mostly contrivances that plague the industry today (moe elements, child-centric cast, some pacing issues, and under-used / side-stepped characters). Now, elements such as a child-centric cast and under-used characters can be remedied with time and / or simple progression of the story. For a generally serious show trying to tell a serious, relatively believable story, however, moe-syndrome never helps, and is just flippant pandering to its intended demographic. Is it effective? Yes. Is it creatively bankrupt, and further poisoning the industry as a whole? In my opinion, hell yes; I certainly find it distasteful being in the show, but won't let it change my outlook on it in any major way. Child-pilots, also, are a common trope to be seen in mecha anime, and haven't often been done very effectively. That is not to say, however, that such a story component can't be done well - we'll just have to wait and see where this one goes. I can also see why some people are complaining about the characterization thus far, but it's honestly too early to criticize this aspect one way or another, as the series is only 6 episodes in; it has to get in the major exposition and identity of conflict before we can be more familiarized with the characters themselves - for what has been shown thus far, however, I think has been done an adequate to good job.

There's other minor complaints I have of the series, but generally feel that it's underrated, and is often being discounted for reasons that are based upon faulty information / ignorance, misplaced expectations, or both. Viewing the show for what it is, cliches aside, I think shows great potential, and in general, has been living up to my lofty expectations week by week.
May 19, 2012 6:34 PM

Oct 2011
Dangerr said:
sspit said:
you probably like Darker than Black then

I, uh... I guess? Yes, the first season of DtB really had me gripped in that aspect, though S2 largely ruined it for me, as, well... anyone who's seen it knows why.
sspit said:

i think your theory makes sense but i at the same time is completely irrelevant, because the connection to the prequel as another world doesnt seem to be strong and at all important

Please elaborate; I'd like to know how it makes sense but is at the same time is irrelevant (?). Also, the series has been stated as a sequel to the first, so I'm not really going to second-guess BONES on this one; you can go back and look at the numerous discussions / screen-caps we've had as to why many of us believe this way -- I'm getting tired of reiterating the argument.

Also, as I feel like I'm on of the only consistent posters / defenders of this show, I don't want to come off as a die-hard, wind-bag fanboy; objectively, I'd give this show an 8 so far, as there are plenty of consistent and noticeable flaws to be seen, but mostly contrivances that plague the industry today (moe elements, child-centric cast, some pacing issues, and under-used / side-stepped characters). Now, elements such as a child-centric cast and under-used characters can be remedied with time and / or simple progression of the story. For a generally serious show trying to tell a serious, relatively believable story, however, moe-syndrome never helps, and is just flippant pandering to its intended demographic. Is it effective? Yes. Is it creatively bankrupt, and further poisoning the industry as a whole? In my opinion, hell yes; I certainly find it distasteful being in the show, but won't let it change my outlook on it in any major way. Child-pilots, also, are a common trope to be seen in mecha anime, and haven't often been done very effectively. That is not to say, however, that such a story component can't be done well - we'll just have to wait and see where this one goes. I can also see why some people are complaining about the characterization thus far, but it's honestly too early to criticize this aspect one way or another, as the series is only 6 episodes in; it has to get in the major exposition and identity of conflict before we can be more familiarized with the characters themselves - for what has been shown thus far, however, I think has been done an adequate to good job.

There's other minor complaints I have of the series, but generally feel that it's underrated, and is often being discounted for reasons that are based upon faulty information / ignorance, misplaced expectations, or both. Viewing the show for what it is, cliches aside, I think shows great potential, and in general, has been living up to my lofty expectations week by week.

The reason for the backlash is because the show is half of what Eureka Seven was and so it has to be build things a lot faster. We are almost a quarter of the way through and we still have no attachment for any of the characters besides Ao. I think the show is good but it could be so much better. I am just comparing this show to other shows with 24-26 episodes and they accomplished so much more then Eureka Seven Ao has. I know you're a adamant supporter of the show but take a step back and compare it to other shows.

So far with the pacing and the characters as they are.......the show is bland. Check out Eureka 7 and see the characters. We had Eureka who was mysterious but nice. Holland who was a hot tempered, belligerent and reckless but cared for his crew. Talho who was loud, stuck up, caring and intelligent. Matthieu who was cool, bored, fun and goofy. Stoner who was a jokester, easy going, philosophical and interesting. Hap who was intelligent, calm minded and goofy. Hilda who was responsible and organized. Gidget who was a cute, air headed and nosey. Moondoggie who was childish, funny and cowardice.

All had there characters and they all evolved as well. They all had different personalities but stayed serious when the task was at hand. You can relate to some of the characters and felt attachment to them. Compare this to Eureka Seven Ao where all the characters besides Ao are like cardboard. Is it ridiculous to ask for characterization in 6 episodes? Yes. But is it ridiculous to ask in a series with only 26 episodes? No.

Sorry but this series needs to dramatically pick up the pace if it wants to be in the same breath as Eureka Seven.
May 20, 2012 6:01 AM

Sep 2011
Dangerr said:
Lontaku said:

For the millionth time, this isn't the same Earth -- THIS Earth is the one that the migrant Coralians are likely flocking to. In this dimension, it is year 2025 Earth, and the one Eureka "fell" into (subsequently being pregnant with Ao). I hope this makes more sense to you.

The way you try and say it makes no sense. Eureka and Renton both fell together, and nirvash told them to live on this planet (They were hovering over the same Earth) at the time. They both fell together; however, in Eureka AO all we get is "Eureka Falling" from the sky..? I don't see how Eureka could of had a child inside her (When she was falling). Unless she somehow fell again into a different universe, after the previous universe, but thats unlikely in all honesty..

Though it does make a good question on why the Scub corals are popping up and the secrets and so on. You could also say its in a different Universe, but honestly they are leaving too much information unanswered.
TyrelMay 20, 2012 6:04 AM
May 20, 2012 8:50 AM

Oct 2008
Darkdrone said:
We are almost a quarter of the way through and we still have no attachment for any of the characters besides Ao.

I disagree; I think the show's done a good job of letting the audience know the characters up to this point, given the rapid pace going on in the last few episodes - Ivica even remarked that Ao "Hasn't slept in days".

Darkdrone said:
So far with the pacing and the characters as they are.......the show is bland. Check out Eureka 7 and see the characters. We had Eureka who was mysterious but nice. Holland who was a hot tempered, belligerent and reckless but cared for his crew. Talho who was loud, stuck up, caring and intelligent. Matthieu who was cool, bored, fun and goofy. Stoner who was a jokester, easy going, philosophical and interesting. Hap who was intelligent, calm minded and goofy. Hilda who was responsible and organized. Gidget who was a cute, air headed and nosey. Moondoggie who was childish, funny and cowardice.

Yeah, but that's retrospection given the entire first series; did we as viewers have such a concise understanding of all these characters by episode six? We sure don't know most of the characters' backgrounds and aspirations in AO, but they do clearly exhibit their own distinct personalities, and in this aspect, doesn't come off to me as "cardboard", and feel that it's the most important trait they could have tackled given the time thus far.

Also, realize that it's a balancing act - I'll agree that E7 placed some greater emphasis on characterization in the beginning, while focusing more on the plot later in the series; AO is taking the opposite route, focusing more on plot at the beginning, at opportunity cost of in-depth characterization. Of course, any great story needs to be complimented by great characters, or it just doesn't work. To me, Ao has at least done its job making me care about the characters, for the most part, which is enough for me *up to this point*. To reiterate, I think what they have done for the characters thus far is fine, given these circumstances - I'm also certain that the main cast will get their time to develop.

Tyrel said:
The way you try and say it makes no sense. Eureka and Renton both fell together, and nirvash told them to live on this planet (They were hovering over the same Earth) at the time. They both fell together; however, in Eureka AO all we get is "Eureka Falling" from the sky..? I don't see how Eureka could of had a child inside her (When she was falling). Unless she somehow fell again into a different universe, after the previous universe, but thats unlikely in all honesty..

That's assuming that Eureka fell into this world RIGHT at the end of E7, when that's clearly not what happened. She was pregnant with Ao when she was taken in by Toshio, and that leads me to assume that some amount of time had taken place on Original Earth before she found herself stuck here. I also won't believe that the father is anyone but Renton - I mean, come on; I don't think the series will go THAT far. Also, the fact that the Type I "Nirvash" seen in this series is the progenitor of all IFOs, and the fact that its existence seems to owe itself to Eureka, means either that it had "come through" to their world in relation to Eureka, or that she had somehow given Gen Bleu the complete basis for creating it, though I'm doubtful she possessed all of the technical knowledge required in the construction of an extremely advanced, bipedal fighting machine that's capable of aerial combat and transformation. Also - take into account the flight-suit she was wearing when she "falling".

I will concede, however, that there *is* a lot unanswered thus far, and I'm not completely concrete on this, but I really can't see anything else making sense.
DangerrMay 20, 2012 9:01 AM
May 20, 2012 11:07 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode, looking foward to the Truth in the next one.

Man, I really can't wait until they release the OST for this show. It's going to be amazing.
May 20, 2012 11:53 AM
Apr 2010
To me this feels like a second start to the series so I won't judge it now but rather wait how it pans out in the next few episodes.

Saying that this one episode ruins a series is stupid bs ... it's a series that should be judged as a whole once it's finished. There might be lackluster parts to it but as far as I'm concerned either you like the whole thing or you don't. One episode won't change that.
May 20, 2012 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
Dangerr said:
Darkdrone said:
We are almost a quarter of the way through and we still have no attachment for any of the characters besides Ao.

I disagree; I think the show's done a good job of letting the audience know the characters up to this point, given the rapid pace going on in the last few episodes - Ivica even remarked that Ao "Hasn't slept in days".

Darkdrone said:

Yeah, but that's retrospection given the entire first series; did we as viewers have such a concise understanding of all these characters by episode six? We sure don't know most of the characters' backgrounds and aspirations in AO, but they do clearly exhibit their own distinct personalities, and in this aspect, doesn't come off to me as "cardboard", and feel that it's the most important trait they could have tackled given the time thus far.

Also, realize that it's a balancing act - I'll agree that E7 placed some greater emphasis on characterization in the beginning, while focusing more on the plot later in the series; AO is taking the opposite route, focusing more on plot at the beginning, at opportunity cost of in-depth characterization. Of course, any great story needs to be complimented by great characters, or it just doesn't work. To me, Ao has at least done its job making me care about the characters, for the most part, which is enough for me *up to this point*. To reiterate, I think what they have done for the characters thus far is fine, given these circumstances - I'm also certain that the main cast will get their time to develop.

Tyrel said:

That's assuming that Eureka fell into this world RIGHT at the end of E7, when that's clearly not what happened. She was pregnant with Ao when she was taken in by Toshio, and that leads me to assume that some amount of time had taken place on Original Earth before she found herself stuck here. I also won't believe that the father is anyone but Renton - I mean, come on; I don't think the series will go THAT far. Also, the fact that the Type I "Nirvash" seen in this series is the progenitor of all IFOs, and the fact that its existence seems to owe itself to Eureka, means either that it had "come through" to their world in relation to Eureka, or that she had somehow given Gen Bleu the complete basis for creating it, though I'm doubtful she possessed all of the technical knowledge required in the construction of an extremely advanced, bipedal fighting machine that's capable of aerial combat and transformation. Also - take into account the flight-suit she was wearing when she "falling".

I will concede, however, that there *is* a lot unanswered thus far, and I'm not completely concrete on this, but I really can't see anything else making sense.

I see, it really does make me ponder thinking lots to why she fell again and such, guess we'll have to wait and see. I just don't like the idea of how she fell again and how renton etc are all gone. Has to be a alternate planet I guess and universe.

Also I just relooked into the whole "Suit" thing, your right she is wearing a suit and it is indeed very different from that of the first season. So something must have happened after they returned to earth and such..
TyrelMay 20, 2012 12:18 PM
May 20, 2012 12:27 PM
Nov 2007
They sure introduced Kaworu much more quickly in this one.
May 20, 2012 12:32 PM

Jan 2011
Is it me or is there a seventh swell in this episode when Truth notices the nirvash appearing.
RiftguardianMay 20, 2012 3:31 PM
May 20, 2012 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
Eureka Seven is a truly inspirational series, boasting mysteries and deep love for its characters right up until the very end. I was very nervous about AO because of this fact. However, upon reaching this episode, I feel like my fears have dissipated and we have on our hands a truly wonderful new series unfolding.

Yes, it is complicated. ES has always been a complex universe asking more questions than it ever answered, right up until the end. But we have never been let down before and I do not think we are going to be let down now.

This episode has a 'feel good' element to it that promotes the need to understand Pied Piper and Generation Blue more in depth, in addition to providing the secondary storyline in what I am going to assume is probably the 'human-Secret' shapeshifter. (I say this because its chosen male form is the same colors as a G-monster, and with those different eyes and the loss of a Coralion-humanoid element, it is probably only a matter of time before we had a Secret-humanoid. Of course, this is up for EXTREME speculation and I am very open to hearing people's opinions on this as the manga hasn't gotten this far yet.) I'm really very excited for the future of this show.
May 20, 2012 1:49 PM
Jan 2011
@Dangerr

yes this is a sequel, but given the amount of new characters and the fact that we can be pretty sure that old characters wont play any serious role here, how is the connection to the prequel relevant?
it looks like this anime will be about THIS world, about THESE characters, how things got to be here is not the point of the series - thats very disappointing

honestly i dont really care about the connection to the prequel that much at this point, so i dont care about making theories about how it is all connected
i would, if i had an impression that its Eureka... what im watching now is good on its own but failure as a sequel - things can change but my hope died already

btw
- the only time i felt connected to a character in this anime was when Gazell was giving speech to his dad - he felt that he actually had an opinion...

the mustaches-dude looks interesting (because he is always 2 levels deeper in thought that other people and sees the big picture immediately - at least looks like it when he gives his 'stare look')

Rebecca was my instant fav, but her stupid questioning of every move... - yes i know, its supposed to look like she is level above the rest - on the same level as captain mustaches.... but she only looks stupid
Gazell should (and certainly will) man her up! she will be good, not Talho level though

Gazell has really good voice acting and my initial doubts are gone, he has potential - whether it will be used, i dont know
the 'ace' pilots are stupid and i seriously want them all to die, i liked the Fleur (french blond chick) (for some reason she reminded me Charles Bonaparte from Freezing) , but she is really just a stupid bimbo

and single mysterious character - Naru has no screen time ... oh!

you know since the first ep, im waiting for Ao to become kinda like Renton in Gekkostate, and Gazell take the role of Rolland and it keeps not happening!
i like how they smuggled their way into Gen Bleu, but 6 eps and they are still small fry

and now they introduce some villain, who looks like he will shake things up a bit and actually contribute to the mess, this series is quickly picking up on weird flavours

and the similarities with every anime in history are driving me nuts! Eva quotes were not enough i guess, but i would never thought i would say 'this is totally like DtB', of course in a bad way

WAHa_06x36 said:
They sure introduced Kaworu much more quickly in this one.

indeed
May 20, 2012 2:34 PM

Oct 2008
My first thoughts when I saw Truth shit into a women was that she sort of looked like a grown up Anemone. It would also explain why she was so excited to see the Nirvash. Maybe she has fused with scrub coral in an alternate reality. I suppose I also think it would be interesting if Truth was actually Renton transformed somehow by the scrub coral. It would also explain why he's so happy to see the Nirvash. Truth does seem to be of independent mind and sort makes me think that perhaps he could also be a military experiment gone wrong. Truth statement about it being a mistake for the scrub coral to be there on earth is as curious development indeed. Some more speculation is that Renton and Eureka might have altered the time line somehow at the end of E7. At this point they certainly are all guesses. Truth could be a Madoka entity for all we know. I like the time travel possibility that someone else mentioned earlier about Eureka and Renton falling onto earth in the past before humans had to find another world. It would help defend the idea I just had about Truth.

I almost got my wish for the moe characters to die. Instead they killed the captain who seemed to have many more answers to the plot of the story, hinting to AO about killing scrub coral and how he is linked to them. Just some thoughts, at least they toned down the fan service this episode. I still think they should have killed off the entire other team. They still can!!! LoL

Also agree with others that the fight scenes are becoming incredibly predicable and far too easily overcome. But then again, AO might be a super cross bread or just another form of Eureka. Eureka could simply have reproduced A sexually without any of Rentens DNA. Who knows at this point really. It certainly is more exciting if AO is Renton and Eureka's child.
May 22, 2012 6:34 AM

Jul 2009
Orion1 said:
My first thoughts when I saw Truth shit into a women

Some weird fetishes here.
May 22, 2012 1:17 PM
Jan 2011
Is it just me or does that shapeshifter plans to either steal the Mark 1 or is it another party who gonna fight the secrets?
May 23, 2012 6:58 AM

Oct 2011
Anyone notice how Eureka Seven Ao is getting a lower score each passing day. It went from like a 8.11 to now 8.04. Surprised.

My one problem with the show I thought of right now, was the placement of The Truth so early in the anime. What made Eureka Seven so great, was that Duey slowly became the protagonist as time passed by. I know its early but The Truth was placed in there randomly and now he is gonna be the big bad foe. Its like they are scared they won't finish the series and said "we need to set up The Truth now!". Smh, I would much rather wanted The Truth to maybe make Pied Piper fail a mission or something.

The first episode of this series was legit a 10/10 episode and that it why I am so hard on it every week. It was magical, beautifully animated and just so transcendental. As the episodes continued, its lost its magic and its become to gundam now.
May 23, 2012 2:51 PM
Jan 2011
Darkdrone said:
Anyone notice how Eureka Seven Ao is getting a lower score each passing day. It went from like a 8.11 to now 8.04. Surprised.

i have been checking up on that number for some time now, nothing unexpected really if you ocnsider the facts

- first episode doesnt give you any hints other than the artstyle and some first impressions, so people (me included) were enjoying their little joy that there is another Eureka anime - looks the same (no, most probably better), feels the same, gives off the same vibe
i too, would have rated this higher in the beginning (thats why i only rate finished shows)
- with more episodes being aired, the picture is clearer and so the score goes down
- people will have to accept this is not the same eureka and most probably not the eureka we wanted to see, but it might be a good eureka

i dont think initial 8.11 is that high given its the peak either, of course it may redeem itself, we will see, rating doesnt matter anyway

i wrote before, that i want more organic mechs like in the prequel, but at the same time, i have to say the new designs also look nice and more realistic (they dont transform into weird mech-cars, instead are cool jet planes (really reminds me gundam, in a good way though), the mech side seems more techy to me, more militaristic and more practical

i still want the skateboards, did you notice that Truth's robot also use the board to fly? except for those two (the other one being Nirvash) i dont remember any other robot using board, but the 'green effect' was used on other flying tech too, like cars etc
i find this puzzling, there is technology, but they dont use it in military
i hope they 'discover it' and implement the boards to everyone, i liked the rocked motors in prequel too and i like that here too (looks very military-like), but the boards should be the primary thing - it was the most appealing idea of the Eureka 7

Nasty001 said:
Is it just me or does that shapeshifter plans to either steal the Mark 1 or is it another party who gonna fight the secrets?

my bet is that he is some screwed up coralian, i expect him to be cool acting as a villain, speak philosophical nonsense and wtf crap (but hell be cool doing it and i want this to happen) and then Ao or someone shows him the right path (coexistence) and he will transform into big hearth on the moon or something
the endo

i think he will be above-average intelligent (evil is intelligence) and very knowing about things, also morally 'right' and not really a villain

btw i totally want this anime to bring some quantum mechanics + information theories into this, like in the prequel - was confusing but great

Riftguardian said:
Is it me or is there a seventh swell in this episode when Truth notices the nirvash appearing.

i liked the style in the prequel, its sad they abandoned the halo effects, it looks too scientific or like magic circle and not like a rainbow in form of a nuke

i dont remember what seventh swell was all about, but yeah i too think it is the same thing
this happened in other episodes too (always when those corals appeared)

i also want to point out how they no longer give enough emphasis on the 'nature' - in the prequel there were clouds everywhere, and they were always part of the eureka universe, they used the clouds to strenghten the feel they are flying freely in the sky, now the clouds are like simple backgrounds or something
id like to see that weird big spherical cloud - what was it called again?
sspitMay 23, 2012 2:58 PM
May 23, 2012 6:29 PM

Oct 2011
sspit said:
Darkdrone said:

i have been checking up on that number for some time now, nothing unexpected really if you ocnsider the facts

- first episode doesnt give you any hints other than the artstyle and some first impressions, so people (me included) were enjoying their little joy that there is another Eureka anime - looks the same (no, most probably better), feels the same, gives off the same vibe
i too, would have rated this higher in the beginning (thats why i only rate finished shows)
- with more episodes being aired, the picture is clearer and so the score goes down
- people will have to accept this is not the same eureka and most probably not the eureka we wanted to see, but it might be a good eureka

i dont think initial 8.11 is that high given its the peak either, of course it may redeem itself, we will see, rating doesnt matter anyway

i wrote before, that i want more organic mechs like in the prequel, but at the same time, i have to say the new designs also look nice and more realistic (they dont transform into weird mech-cars, instead are cool jet planes (really reminds me gundam, in a good way though), the mech side seems more techy to me, more militaristic and more practical

i still want the skateboards, did you notice that Truth's robot also use the board to fly? except for those two (the other one being Nirvash) i dont remember any other robot using board, but the 'green effect' was used on other flying tech too, like cars etc
i find this puzzling, there is technology, but they dont use it in military
i hope they 'discover it' and implement the boards to everyone, i liked the rocked motors in prequel too and i like that here too (looks very military-like), but the boards should be the primary thing - it was the most appealing idea of the Eureka 7

Nasty001 said:

my bet is that he is some screwed up coralian, i expect him to be cool acting as a villain, speak philosophical nonsense and wtf crap (but hell be cool doing it and i want this to happen) and then Ao or someone shows him the right path (coexistence) and he will transform into big hearth on the moon or something
the endo

i think he will be above-average intelligent (evil is intelligence) and very knowing about things, also morally 'right' and not really a villain

btw i totally want this anime to bring some quantum mechanics + information theories into this, like in the prequel - was confusing but great

Riftguardian said:

i liked the style in the prequel, its sad they abandoned the halo effects, it looks too scientific or like magic circle and not like a rainbow in form of a nuke

i dont remember what seventh swell was all about, but yeah i too think it is the same thing
this happened in other episodes too (always when those corals appeared)

i also want to point out how they no longer give enough emphasis on the 'nature' - in the prequel there were clouds everywhere, and they were always part of the eureka universe, they used the clouds to strenghten the feel they are flying freely in the sky, now the clouds are like simple backgrounds or something
id like to see that weird big spherical cloud - what was it called again?

The cloud was called a Corealian I think and ya it was well designed. You are 100% on the money on how Eureka Seven felt more free and natural. When the Gekko would fly you would want to wish to be like those guys and fly with your crew in the skies. Rebellion and freedom was so ingrained in that show.

I also really liked how they would take breaks and catch the waves in the skies. The green trapar waves was the keynote of the series and was instantly recognized for it. I don't know this show feels way to military and following the rules. I really liked the concept of the Gekko being a rouge ship doing its own thing.

Also, I agree the Seventh Swell in Eureka Seven>>Eureka Seven Ao. The problem with Ao is it looks like a final fantasy magic circle and way to big. Eureka Seven was protrayed more natural and a beautiful seventh swell effect. Same with the LFO's, they look to mechanical in Ao but looked magestic in Seven.

Sigh this show is going down hill and I hope it picks up. I really want it to do well and be a true sequel to the show.
May 24, 2012 3:17 PM

Oct 2008
Darkdrone said:

I also really liked how they would take breaks and catch the waves in the skies. The green trapar waves was the keynote of the series and was instantly recognized for it. I don't know this show feels way to military and following the rules. I really liked the concept of the Gekko being a rouge ship doing its own thing.

Also, I agree the Seventh Swell in Eureka Seven>>Eureka Seven Ao. The problem with Ao is it looks like a final fantasy magic circle and way to big. Eureka Seven was protrayed more natural and a beautiful seventh swell effect. Same with the LFO's, they look to mechanical in Ao but looked magestic in Seven.

Sigh this show is going down hill and I hope it picks up. I really want it to do well and be a true sequel to the show.

Well, these differences are intentional, and is following military organizations that are very similar to the ones we have today. Funny thing is, however, Generation Bleu seems to be a maverick entity of a sort, holding most of the secrets the international coalition seems to be dying to get their hands on. This difference, however, doesn't seem like a detractor to me; just different. As for the Seventh Swell, it's just a matter of aesthetics - I'm fine with both interpretations, but don't think the general quality of the show should be judged on such a basis.
May 24, 2012 3:42 PM
Jan 2011
Dangerr said:

Well, these differences are intentional, and is following military organizations that are very similar to the ones we have today. Funny thing is, however, Generation Bleu seems to be a maverick entity of a sort, holding most of the secrets the international coalition seems to be dying to get their hands on. This difference, however, doesn't seem like a detractor to me; just different.

- i am not comfortable with the change, at least not for now, but i do like the more militaristic approach to the tech, at least i have the impression there are more missiles, more engines more scenes with technical things, also pilots use phrases like 'launching' etc
- i think Generation Bleu is evil and something like Gekkostate will form
May 25, 2012 7:08 AM

Jun 2008
"Welcome to this mistaken world." - Hmm..does that might have something to do with all the disparities we are seeing?

The shape-shifter was awesome taking those child,woman,drug guy and weird teeth businessman forms but then they had to give him some stupid bishie form for final form and fucking ruin everything.

What the hell is he though? Never had such a thing in Eureka 7. Many strange things in this sequel.

Bear guy was living the life and God got too jealous so he killed him.
Jun 30, 2012 11:03 PM
Mar 2011
Like the Doors reference at the beginning a long with the Eden of the East titled episode / bang motion Truth does at the end
This series has been ok thus far but it does have some interesting concepts which will keep me watching as well as the theories people have been coming up with.
Aug 13, 2012 2:51 AM

Jul 2008
Truth huh?
Aug 24, 2012 8:55 AM

Jan 2011
truth hurts? no, truth kills...

and this secret that wiped out a team is easily destroyed by Ao, i guess talent is the most important thing as LFO pilot
Nov 27, 2012 10:39 AM

Jul 2012
To be honest....I'm liking this series a lot because I prefer the way the team conducts their missions more like a military or a group with actual experience compared to the first Eureka seven yes Holland was ex-military but the rest of the crew were randoms in this anime they have facilities etc
Jan 1, 2013 3:32 AM

Jan 2012
This "Ao rushing in last minute to save the day" shit is getting old fast...

How the fuck are they fighting these Secrets before Ao? They seem to be clueless at it.

The show itself is easy to watch, but battle element could use a major overhaul.
May 12, 2014 5:30 PM

Nov 2012
Already like Truth more than the protagonist.
Aug 21, 2014 12:59 PM

May 2012
Some pretty interesting development that's going on, let's see what will happen next though!
Dec 13, 2020 8:58 PM

Jul 2012
Why do we have a dude with actual superpowers now? That doesn't belong in Eureka Seven at all...

The dude's death this episode was okay, would have been better if they had given him more screentime before killing him off.

Also, pretty unsatisfying how easily Ao took down the G-Monster. Made the death feel pointless and easily avoidable.

So far, there's not much grabbing me here in terms of the plot. The characters are okay, they need some more development. I'm not liking the inconsistencies with the original series, such as the setting and the Scub Coral fighting humanity (?), the whole G-Monster thing.

I know people hate this show, but I really am trying to keep an open mind.

The music continues to be the best thing in the show though!

Oct 10, 2021 1:55 PM

Feb 2012
The drug cartel in Southeast Asia and the President? of Peru. I like that they're showing various places in the world being affected by the incidents. Reminds me of Gundam 00.

So this shapeshifter dude is another Coralian or something?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.